Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Vyrassu's Dark Lord Robes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor

image0.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

* Intent: New Armor/Robes for Darth Vyrassu

* Image Source: source here - Couldn't find black version of male robes
* source here
* source here

* Canon Link: N/A

* Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
* Manufacturer: Darth Vyrassu

* Affiliation: Darth Vyrassu

* Modularity: No

* Production: Unique

* Material:
* Terentatek Hide
* Phrik
* Spacers Leather
* Armorweave
* Zeyd Cloth
* Reflec
* Rubber
* A Sith Amulet

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
* Classification: Sith Apparel

* Weight: light

* Resistances:
- Blasters: Extreme
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: Extreme
- Other:
Sonic: low
EMP/ION: Average
Elemental: Low
The Force: Extreme

SPECIAL FEATURES
The Robes are made of Zeyd cloth and armorweave making them resistant to blasters, there is phrik armor plating under the robes with Terentatek Hide lining inside the armor that covers the torso (front and back), wrist, elbows, neck, thighs, knees, shins and feet, all of the armor having Terentatek Hide makes Vyrassu immune to most force abilities. Vyrassu even has a hidden sith amulet encased in a phrik box at his belt line attached to low hanging ceremonial belts. The sith amulet enhances his speed, agility, force abilities, as well as his spell abilities. There is a comlink on the left gauntlet, and then on the right gauntlet is controls to call his shadow guards or set a silent signal off to nearby troops that Vyrassu is in trouble. Both gauntlets are lined in rubber to prevent EMP damage.

Strengths:
+Sith Amulet enhances speed, agility, force and spell abilities
+Phrik armor causes Extreme resistant to lightsabers and blasters
+Terentatek Hide makes Vyrassu immune to most force abilities

Weaknesses:
-Gaps in armor are open for attack
-If the tiny phrik box is removed from his belt, the Sith Amulet stops enhancing Vyrassu's abilities.

DESCRIPTION
Vyrassu wanted a new set of armor that showed fear and intimidation, but he wanted a style from the Old Republic, so he redesigned the Imperial traditional thermoweave Vestmants, similar to the ancient sith Emperor Vitiate's robes. They were floor lenght long black robes with a metal belt that had additional belts that hung low on the side, armored shoulder pauldrons, a cowl/Hood, with black spacers leather gloves. Vyrassu designed his set with far more advancements.

The Robes are made of Zeyd cloth and armorweave making them resistant to blasters, there is phrik armor plating under the robes with Terentatek Hide lining inside the armor that covers the torso (front and back), wrist, elbows, neck, thighs, knees, shins and feet, all of the armor having Terentatek Hide makes Vyrassu immune to most force abilities. Vyrassu even has a hidden sith amulet encased in a phrik box at his belt line attached to low hanging ceremonial belts. The sith amulet enhances his speed, agility, force abilities, as well as his spell abilities. There is a comlink on the left gauntlet, and then on the right gauntlet is controls to call his shadow guards or set a silent signal off to nearby troops that Vyrassu is in trouble. Both gauntlets are lined in rubber to prevent EMP damage.

Hi [member="Darth Vyrassu"],

I'm totally not a Factory Judge, but I do love the factory and I wanted to bring some issues to your attention :)

If we refer to the basic template here, we can look at the number of points for each of your stats.

The armour is Unique, that gives you 4 points to play with.
Making the armour light uses one of those points, giving you 3 left to play with.
The extreme resistance costs 3 points, so that leaves you with zero now.
The extreme lightsaber resistance also costs 3 points, so you're on -3 now.
The low sonic and elemental resistance each add 1 point back, so you're on -1 now.
Finally, the Extreme force resistance costs another 3 points bringing us to a grand total of -4 points.

As you can see, this leaves the armour as unbalanced.

You also mention that 'Both gauntlets are lined in rubber to prevent EMP damage.' but have your EMP resistance as average. Average resistance is the resistance of basic set of armour, so preventing the EMP damage would be higher than the average rating you have.

As a side note, you mention that the Sith Amulet enhances your agility, force and spell abilities, but if you could mention some values there, then that would help any opponent you face knowing what they're facing.

It's a cool sub though, and I think when you fix those small niggling issues I think it's gonna be lots of fun to see used.

Darth Vyrassu

Immortal Jen'ari Sith Emperor
You're not a judge, my armor is just fine, it has an equal value of strengths and weakness sorry your "points" system is dumb and if that was the case no one would have armor, I ask nicely, don't reply again to my submission

[member="Darth Vyrassu"] - While I may not agree with [member="John Locke"] in regards to the point system, I have to say that this submission is heavily unbalanced and may require some fine tuning in order to bring it up to snuff. As per the Factory Armour Template, any resistances of High to Extreme require justification in the strengths section; and I have to say what you have there is highly concerning. The Force Immunity granted to Terentatek's really only works when they're alive, so when they're skinned it drastically reduces their potency. I'd highly recommend altering the wording there. Honestly speaking, the Sith amulet would be better suited as a separate submission as it's nothing more than an affectation to your character's armour, rather than a part of it, as the weakness and strength it applies are nothing but narrative fluff.

In addition to that, you've only got one credible weakness to offset a total of three extreme resistances. If I was a Factory Judge, I'd tell you to reduce the ratings, or add suitable weaknesses that are RP compliant. However, since I'm not and you were incredibly rude to someone that was trying to point out your submission's unbalanced nature; I'mma tell you that this submission needs a ton of work to get it balanced.

While the Factory may be freeform, you still have to think of balancing things out.

[member="Darth Vyrassu"]

Darth Vyrassu said:
You're not a judge, my armor is just fine, it has an equal value of strengths and weakness sorry your "points" system is dumb and if that was the case no one would have armor, I ask nicely, don't reply again to my submission
Instead of being combative, you should probably consider what folks are saying. I also don't agree with a strict points system when it comes to balancing personal armor, but you do have a lot going on here:
  • Incredible defenses against most common damage types.
  • Force-Based Enhancement
  • Stealth (Reflec)
  • High Mobility (Lightweight)
That said, this is unique armor, so I feel like you should be able to go a little crazy. I appreciate that you left an opening with average to low defense against the elements, kinetics, and sonic attacks. I'll assume it also fairs poorly to corrosives.

If there's anything you be doing here, it's adding stealth capabilities as a point of strength, and the poor performance against sonic and elemental type damage as a point of weakness.

The armor's fine, my only problem is why people need to stipulate that they're not Factory Judges.

We know!

Play nicely, I'd hate to have to intervene because we're incapable of putting fan fiction writing second and acting like human beings first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom