Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vun'ur (Honor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vun'ur

(Unarmored)

(Basic plating) {edited by [member="Cassus De'gaunt"] }

Image Source: Various; see image
Intent: To create Kango Fett's custom Mechno arm

Development Thread: From Death Shall Rise a Man and the Shell Reclaimed
Manufacturer: Kango Fett & Chai La Armory
Model: N/A

Affiliation: Kango Fett

Modularity: The armor plates, weapons, and certain upgrades can be changed

Production: Unique
Material: Baskar, Durasteel, Agrinium, Synthennet Neural Interface, Pyronium Electronics, ect
Classification: Cybernetic limb

Weight: 6kg

Quality: 10

Special Features: (* built in; others can be removed)
Arm: *Neural interface device, *sensory interface (toggable), *9320/B sensor pack with sophisticated interpretation system

Wrist: Datapad with holo projecter, vehicle slave controller, ZX miniature rocket system, flame projector, MM9, and fibercord whip

Hand: Vibroblade, *fingertip and hand taser, *holo projector

Description:
After loosing his arm in battle Kango replaced it with a cheap mechno arm. Now he has replaced that arm with this upgraded one that will serve as his arm for the far seeable future. Maintenance and upgrades may be required down the road.

It isn't just the arm that was replaced. The cybernetics proceeds into the upper left portion of the body. This includes the left shoulder, most of the left pectoral, and some of the collarbone. Inside this area is the batteries and other components required for the arm to function. They can be accessed by detaching the arm.

The arm is almost purely made for combat. It is covered in baskar plating that can be interchanged for more or less protection. The arm also has many features that make it better than any meat and blood arm. It is much stronger than a normal arm. This allows Kango to easily pick up heavy objects or tear through armored doors.

The arm has a built in neural interface device, sensory interface and a upgraded 9320/B sensor pack. The sensory interface can be shut off so Kango doesn't have to feel any hits or damage the arm takes. In the forearm there is a datapad with holo projecter, vehicle slave controller, ZX miniature rocket system, flame projector, MM9, and fibercord whip. All of those can be removed and changed out. The hand has a few features built into it, which are a fingertip and hand taser and holo projector linked to Kango's cyber eye. There is also a vibroblade that is inside the armor that goes over the top of the hand. Another key feature to this arm is its ability to use Kangofetts custom pistol, Rin'hi

Due to being build for offensive and defensive capabilities it is hard to do maintenance on the arm in the field. If maintenance is required the arm has to be removed and armor plates detached, just in the area being maintained, to be fixed. Also the arm is very heavy and if it was deactivated it would be a lot of dead weight to lug around.

Primary Source:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/12615-ns-7-cybernetic-arms/?fromsearch=1
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/42518-llv-cybernetic-limbs/?fromsearch=1
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/84052-series-1-wreckingball-prosthetic/?fromsearch=1
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/83754-keira-ticons-cybernetic-arm/?fromsearch=1

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Kango Fett"], some of the formatting looks a little garbled, at least on my screen.

Kango Fett said:
Material: Baskar, Durasteel, Phrik, Agrinium, Synthennet Neural Interface, Pyronium

Can you link me to the development threads for the Beskar, Phrik, and Pyronium as per our restricted items list?

Kango Fett said:
Weight: 12kg

This is really quite heavy for an arm, and actually is around the weight of the average person's leg. To put it in perspective, the average arm (for a person weighing 150 lbs) weighs around 4 kilograms. That kind of weight is probably going to cause balance problems for the average person using it.

Kango Fett said:
Quality: 11

Armor quality is topped at "10" for the highest level of protection.

Kango Fett said:
*cyberscanner
Can you describe this feature a little bit more in the description? What kind of sensors and scanners does this arm have?

As an overall comment on the design, I think that this sub may be trying to do too many things at once. I'd really recommend focusing on it accomplishing two to three different things. In doing so, it would make the weight of this arm more realistic for easy, real-day use.

Gir Quee said:
[member="Kango Fett"], some of the formatting looks a little garbled, at least on my screen.

Can you link me to the development threads for the Beskar, Phrik, and Pyronium as per our restricted items list?

This is really quite heavy for an arm, and actually is around the weight of the average person's leg. To put it in perspective, the average arm (for a person weighing 150 lbs) weighs around 4 kilograms. That kind of weight is probably going to cause balance problems for the average person using it.

Armor quality is topped at "10" for the highest level of protection.

Can you describe this feature a little bit more in the description? What kind of sensors and scanners does this arm have?

As an overall comment on the design, I think that this sub may be trying to do too many things at once. I'd really recommend focusing on it accomplishing two to three different things. In doing so, it would make the weight of this arm more realistic for easy, real-day use.
Link will be added.

Sorry bout the weight. How does 6kg or 7kg sound?

Ill change that to ten.

Cyberscanner is a cannon item. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ScanMaster_Arm(Original page dispeared)

I know its alot but I have alot of stuff on and was just wanted to save time for everyone involved.

Kango Fett said:
Sorry bout the weight. How does 6kg or 7kg sound?

Works for me.

Kango Fett said:
Ill change that to ten.

It still says 11 right now.

Kango Fett said:
Cyberscanner is a cannon item. http://starwars.wiki.../ScanMaster_Arm(Originalpage dispeared)

I'm not saying it's not. However, it is one that is pretty vague in its capabilities. I'd like to see what scanners and sensors this arm has. The rulebook description of a cyberscanner arm in Age of Rebellion makes it sound like its a version of a portable scanner, which gives it a lot of variety of possible sensor types (radar, heat, energy, sonar, lifeform, etc). I think a good baseline scanner for this would probably be the 9320/B sensor pack.

Kango Fett said:
I know its alot but I have alot of stuff on and was just wanted to save time for everyone involved.

It may be that the formatting makes easier to read now, but it looks pretty good to me right now on a second reading. I don't quite understand the "see left gauntlet section" right now, mostly in that I'm not sure what the left gauntlet section features are if they aren't in the hand.

Also, I see phrik in the materials list, but I don't see where it's actually used in the submission.

EDIT:

Kango Fett said:
Chai La Armory

This should be hyperlinked to this page.

Kango Fett said:

Development Thread: From Death Shall Rise a Man and the Shell Reclaimed

Development threads generally have to be 10 posts long before they can be counted. Once it's at ten posts, this will be good for the Beskar portion of this submission.

Kango Fett said:
Pyronium Electronics,
I don't see the development thread that seems aimed at meeting the requirements for Pyronium. I'd simply suggest removing "pyronium" from this submission.

Kango Fett said:
In the forearm there is a datapad, holo projecter, holopad, vehicle slave controller, and many other features (see left gauntlet section)
Go ahead and explicitly list the left gauntlet features in this submission. I think that there are too many things being packed into with the weapons as listed in the "left gauntlet" section. As this sub currently stands, it has 7 weapon systems, enhanced strength, an upgraded sensor pack, 5 other electronic devices (I'm not counting the basic sensory & basic arm control functions), and quality 10 armor.

I can't let this go forward without raising concerns about balance. I would suggest picking around 7 of the things that I just listed. There will be a little bit more leeway with that number if it comes down to the electronic devices.

Kango Fett said:
*Upgraded 9320/B sensor pack
How is this upgraded from the base unit?

[member="Gir Quee"]

The Developement Tread is ongoing and Im just waiting for my supplier to jump in on it. This will also cover the Pyronium Electronics.

I'll do the updates here in a sec.

Hows it look?

[member="Kango Fett"], looking better.

I currently see this having 12 features (and you can have 9 of these):

1) Quality 10 armor
2) Enhanced strength
3) 9320/B sensor pack with sophisticated interpretation system
4) Datapad (arguaby could include a holoprojector as well, since it's semi-standard feature in some datapad models)
5) Vehicle Slave Controller
6) ZX miniature flame projector
7) MM9 rocket system
8) Fibercord whip
9) Vibroblade
10) Fingertip taser
11) hand taser
12) holopad (not entirely sure what this is)

[member="Gir Quee"]
Ok. Ill do the followin:
1) Quality 10 armor
2) Enhanced strength
3) 9320/B senSor pack with sophisticated interpretation system
4) Datapad with holoprojector
5) Vehicle Slave Controller
6) ZX miniature flame projector
7) MM9 rocket system
8) Fibercord whip
9) Fingertip taser

The holopad was my bad. I ment to remove that. Sorry.
As to what a holopad is it's basically a datapad but holographic. I found it on the wiki.
The vibroblade is just a knife so it'd be just a weapon not included with the arm.

How's that all sound?

Gir Quee said:
[member="Kango Fett"], that looks like a good setup to me. It looks like besides that, we're just waiting on development thread then.
Awesome! Thankz.
I'll get it done as soon as I can but Im waitin on someone else to post. :/

I'll notify you when it is complete.
Thankz for everything! :D

[member="Kango Fett"], I'm going to move this to the Factory Archives temporarily just to keep the forum less cluttered while you work on development. Once the development is done, send a PM to one of the Factory Admins or RPJs to have it unarchived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom