Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Vulptex on the Run

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
At A'Mia's pointing and clarification Alisteri inspected the training Sith a bit more closely and saw what she meant. In groups of Acolytes it could often be somewhat difficult to tell who was more experienced or trained and who was freshly inducted into the Sith, but with her guidance he could see and pick out what the skilled from the new.

Subtle changes in stance and how they held their weaponry, overall a more solid understanding and usage of how to position and hold themselves. A rather clever move to not have such general trainings split into rigid sections so that the Acolytes could not learn from one another. It seemed they did have some fairly competent and practically minded Sith running this academy after all.

Alisteri noticed the slight hesitation as A'Mia began answering his question, more in how she replied than anything in her actual tone. Perhaps she wasn't entirely sure of the information herself, he doubted that she was privy to every decision and practice that the academy had to offer. Either that or there was something else to the earning of kyber crystals that she wasn't revealing for one reason or another. He doubted that simple trials and the retrieving of crystals from caves was the whole story, especially when many saw a lightsaber as something of a status symbol among Acolytes.

Whatever the case A'Mia was either unwilling or unknowledgeable of the specifics but he had no desire to press the issue for the moment, it wasn't like he was going to be hunting down kyber crystals anytime soon. Besides, taking them from a slain opponent's lightsaber was far more befitting of a Sith than simply plucking them from a cave anyway. "I see."

He nodded and glanced across the drill yard for another moment before turning away from the sight of the Acolytes training to regard A'Mia alone. "And what exactly are they expected to know in order to thrive in our socio-political system as you say. I assume they're educated on the traditions of Sith politics and the like but what about ensuring they're aware of the current state of affairs? Korriban is so distant from the rest of the Sith Order these days." The question was simple but pointed and seemed to be taking full advantage of A'Mia's apparent involvement with some of the higher levels of the academy's operations.

Madrona A’Mia Madrona A’Mia

The tall woman seemed to close off further even as she turned to fully face him. The move would not have been read as threatening by the average person but anyone with any kind of combat sense would know that her stance had changed from 'at ease' to 'ready to engage' in a moment. She still had no apparent weapons and her hands remained open palmed at her sides but the energy had clearly shifted.

"Why are you really here, Darth Strosius?" She asked calmly, if not as brightly as before.
"I am happy to continue answering your questions but I think it's time you do me the same courtesy. I know you must have slipped your guards, knew the moment I recognized you. But what I can’t piece together is why you’ve come here of all places.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri was unbothered by the slight shift in demeanor as A'Mia turned to face him in kind, seemingly still rather relaxed and composed despite it. He could see the tension coiling in her, the readiness in case conflict came, and yet he made no move to prepare himself in return. Not physically at at least. She had yet to draw any sort of weaponry after all, no sense in him bothering to draw his.

Her questions caused him to incline his head ever so slightly, as if preparing a witty retort, before offering a brief chuckle. "Is it not obvious? I assumed I had made my intentions very clear." Perhaps he had been too vague then? He must have taken after his master more than he thought in that case. Regardless he gestured towards the training yard with a small wave of his hand as he continued.

"I'm here to make sure the future generations of Sith do not suffer the same failures I did when I was an Acolyte. Stable leadership, solid foundations, and especially fitting and proper coursework. The education of the youth is far too integral to ignore, don't you agree?" There was more to his remarks than he said then, but such things had been revealed already and he had no desire to repeat them in the open air.

She blinked at the unexpected response, suspicion still present in her bearing, but she didn't do anything else to convey aggressiveness.

"Yes of course." She agreed slowly, her tone hinting that she did not believe what he shared was the end all be all to his motives.

"How do you intend to ensure that then? Cooperation despite your deeply held beliefs? You would do well to align yourself, if even peripherally, with some of the powers that be here on Korriban would you not?"

Her tone was still friendly but her questioning had become pointed too as she recalled the man's vehemence about "parasites and tumors", as she openly wondered if he might be able to hold two disparate truths within himself if it would ultimately serve his view of the greater good.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri had to hide his amusement at what he assumed to be a rather surprised reaction to his answer. Whether she was fully convinced by it or not mattered little, it was mostly truthful. Mostly. Couldn't just lay out all of his cards in the open now could he? Thankfully she seemed wise enough to catch on to that, even if she didn't choose to address it directly yet. He cocked his head to the side slightly at her next question. "Cooperation? Oh no no, you misunderstand."

He shook his head and idly let out a 'tsk' as though he was disappointed by the question. "I simply wish to assess the competency of this academy, and by extension the competency of Korriban's current ruler. One can tell a lot about a leader by how they prepare for the future." Examples and proof were his preffered of investigation, simple words and people reading wasn't always a reliable method of gathering information after all.

"I do not align myself with anyone. I am a servant of the Dark Side and the Sith. Either they are fellow servants and allies of the Sith, or they aren't. It is as simple as that." Alisteri wasn't a fan of playing politics and alliances, far too much work for agreements that were barely worth the datapads they were recorded on.

She was at once mollified and baffled by his response. A'Mia's mane of vines suddenly writhed into motion, dropping phrik blades into her open palms then moving to wrap into a thick braid which sat atop her head and trailed down her back. The woman stood hands akimbo blades held reverse grip as she looked at him nonplussed but made no move to actually be aggressive. In truth, revealing some of her weapons was meant to be a show of being more honest with one another.

"We speak a different form of basic, you and I. We must. Given that you just described cooperation only in your strange monolithic way." Even her sarcasm was bright, despite the cut of her words.

"Well that’s fine then. I'll continue your tour and perhaps we can work on cooperation later. Shall we?"

She raised an eyebrow and made to stow the blades away properly, but only if Darth Strosius Darth Strosius seemed game.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
It was Alisteri's turn to be caught off guard as A'Mia's hair moved on its own and dropped two blades from within before reforming into a different style. He seemed far more fazed and concerned by the display itself than the blades now in her grasp, weaponry was simply a far more familiar sight. "...Huh. Fascinating." There were plenty of questions about what else she was capable of but none of them were brought forward for the moment. It didn't exactly seem appropriate.

Her sarcasm was not lost on the masked man, even in his slightly perturbed state, but he chose not to mirror it for once. "The difference is very subtle but very integral, a Sith quality that is learned over time. You'll see." Understanding such minor differences and how best to work with them could mean life or death in their line of work after all. But he doubted that fact was lost on A'Mia given her earlier suspicion.

"Of course, I'd love to continue the tour. After you." He gestured casually with a wave of his hand as if allowing her to go before him in a show of respect. Despite her blades still fairly ready he didn't seem all that bothered, he had been around long enough to know how silent threats worked. If she intended to cut into him then he wouldn't have known of them until she did so. He was confident of that fact. "Where to next?"

A'Mia was well appeased by his response, fully stowing her blades and turning to walk back down the stairs to the observation platform. She angled to the right of the kitchen this time and the impressive dining hall came fully into view. It seemed as if she was completely unconcerned about the tension of a moment earlier.

It was not so much a hall as it was a vast, well furnished space replete with dozens upon dozens of fine round dining tables and a large dais at the far end. This room gave the illusion of being open air as well with a view of some great building overlooking the hall in the distance. The room was of course protected from the elements but appeared to have been built with audience in mind. A'Mia gestured to the center of one of the tables and began to explain.

"Meal times can be just as important for honing the mind as any other lesson here at the academy. Students may break their fast and have a midday meal with no expectations placed on them other than the nourishment of their body. Supper however contains a lesson plan at least a few nights a week."

As they neared on of the tables she reached out a long arm to gently tap an inlaid control panel so that a small holoprojector came to life to display a battle simulator display screen in the center of the table.

" Darth Caedes Darth Caedes himself has contributed some of the strategy puzzles students must work together to solve. Seating is assigned during those evenings and again, students of various skill levels are tested together. This encourages cooperation as well as competition, even establishes a bit of a pecking order, but it is also a reminder that a team is often only as strong as its weakest members."

Lastly A'Mia pointed out and above, to where the beautiful building in the distance loomed. Darth Strosius Darth Strosius might also notice that there seemed to be an observation deck which surrounded the dining room on the uppermost level of the main academy.

"Master's quarters are up there. Visiting lecturers, Lords with an interest in contributing to our programs in some way, adjunct professors, and highest ranking academy officers can also call that place home."

zack0falltrades_newly_built_Sith_Academy_on_the_desert_world_of_f1a2d751-e958-4bec-a68a-2c3768e19909.png

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri wasted no time following after A'Mia as she began up the tour once more, both her weapons and her misgivings stowed away without much further comment for the moment. Whether or not the two would reappear later was something to be worried about if and when they did so. For now it seemed as though the dining hall that they had gone around earlier was their next destination.

"A lesson plan over dinner? I do hope they eat a light meal during it then." Knowing how ravenous young Acolytes could be after a full day of training and studying he could only hope that their breakfast and lunch meals were exceptionally filling if they had to focus on something other than food when it came to supper. Otherwise having a full meal and another task to do all at once may prove quite messy and laborious for all involved.

At least the puzzles themselves were set up in a fairly smart manner, although he did idly wonder how many Acolytes chose to stuff their faces and let their compatriots do most of the work for them. If the overseers and instructors kept track of those lacking in participation and punished them accordingly then it would probably be fine for the most part. "So long as they don't believe these 'pecking orders' to be anything more than juvenile competition..." All Acolytes were equal beneath a Knight, all Knights equal beneath a Lord and so forth.

His masked gaze drew up to regard the dome that seemed to be somewhat overlooking, or looking down upon depending on the perspective, the dining hall. "I see." The dome would be a prime target if he ever had to return to the academy as a liberator then, offering the opportunity to cut off or outright eliminate the command structure all in one fell swoop. Good to know. "I assume the observation deck is meant for the instructors and staff to watch and reflect upon the Acolytes as they dine then? Especially during these dinner lessons I'm sure."

A'Mia watched the opinionated man move and speak with no less intense interest than before. She nodded to his first statement, quirked her head and gave a smile at his second, but paused in contemplation before answering his question. He was somewhere between an honored guest and an enemy of the state. Not that she truly cared one way or the other but she knew there were always eyes and ears which reported directly to the King Ascending, knew they likely watched and listened from every gleaming surface as they spoke.

She wanted their reports to be favorable for them both because she suddenly had a vested interest in piecing together the puzzle of this zealot before her. Fondness and friendship were a stretch too far for her, she wouldn't be able to pick the feelings out of a lineup. So the attachments she most often formed to were built on curiosity, shared interest in a subject, or both.

"Correct. Additionally the most senior students will go upstairs to dine with their instructors occasionally, experiencing the war games as a general might oversee their captains and lieutenants."

"Do you have a personal qualm with hierarchy, Darth Strosius?" She suddenly asked.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
That students were allowed to dine with their superiors was fairly surprising, no matter how rare or selective said occurrences were. He supposed that playing favorites and allowing the best of the best to be seen as above the rest did help with encouraging competition among the students, he could only hope that the possible arrogance of being the favorite was a tempered quality. The last thing the Sith Order needed was more hot headed Acolytes running around and getting themselves into trouble just because they were the top of their class.

Alisteri was also surprised by the sudden question but somewhat knew to expect them from the strange Sith by now. "Not with hierarchy itself no, there must be chains of command and levels of organization. My issues are with the common problem of the higher ranks of hierarchies within the Sith being filled by incompetent and arrogant individuals who provide nothing but problems for all those beneath them." Even in the ancient times one misplaced Sith was enough to disrupt the whole order, that issue had hardly been solved given the current state of affairs.

"Take the 'King' of Korriban Caedes and my presence here as a prime example." The masked man gestured towards himself as he spoke, his words casual as if he was simply noting some sort of obscure fact. "If he was truly competent and sought the best outcome for the Sith Order, he would have executed me immediately. I am the eldest apprentice of Darth Ophidia and a high ranking member of the Tsis'Kaar, both of which are now in open revolt against the status quo and the powers that be within the Sith Order. My death would be a great victory for the tumors that lead the order and my escape from Caedes's holding only exemplifies how foolish my continued survival in his care is."

He pointed up to the building where the instructors and important visitors evidently resided while on academy grounds. "If my intent was to cause harm to this academy I would be free to infiltrate that building and assassinate the key figures of leadership one by one. Between the construction work and the various hidden areas both natural and manmade littered around the academy it would take quite some time and effort to locate and apprehend me once more. By that time I could have caused quite a bit of damage, nothing irreparable mind you but enough to severely hamper the current state of affairs here."

"By your very definitions, it would seem obvious then that Darth Caedes Darth Caedes does not simply serve these tumors. That you are alive and relatively well treated serves as evidence that you are of far more importance alive and able to serve the Sith rather than wasted upon death."

"I am using your logic alone to conclude that your death would be a victory for the 'tumors' and a loss for the Sith order. No? It seems the powers that be here on Korriban are not behaving how you would assume if they were in fact complacent with those you call your foes."

Her large blue-green eyes rose to the building looming in the distance above them. A genuine looking smile curling the edges of her mouth as she considered his bold, if aggrandized view of himself and his powers of infiltration.

"As for that-" she almost laughed, not deigning to describe the ludicrous idea any further.
"Perhaps you could, but more likely you would be fallen upon by all manner of horrors the moment you showed signs taking your near constant state of aggression out on your surroundings."

Her tone was soft and light, almost doting as she continued, walking in a half circle around the table while she ran a delicate hand over the backs of metal chairs which enforced the most upright posture in their users.

"The eyes and ears of our Heir King are everywhere, watching us even now. You have been allowed to slip your guards, Darth Strosius, make no mistake. You needn't be found if you have not even been lost."

She turned to face him squarely across the table, her demeanor brightening again to what seemed to be her baseline state of expression.

"And what good fortune that your exploration of this great city brought you here! While I do enjoy my studies, academic types can be quite stuffy. You are a lovely and interesting, if rather baffling conversationalist."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"You may have some point, however I have learned in my many years that the mistakes of the powerful and the victories for the order can overlap often given the proper circumstances. Caedes is not the first Sith Lord to let me live despite my actions and words against them." Empyrean and Carnifex, although more the latter than the former, had yet to strike him down despite his continued efforts against them. A great mistake on their part really given the current state of affairs regarding the Tsis'Kaar.

Alisteri raised an eyebrow behind his mask as she seemed to make light of his idle threatening remarks, rolling his eyes at her confidence in the 'Ascending King' of Korriban. He had little doubt that Caedes was observant of his world, but he had been in the service for his master for many long years now and he knew well enough how to spot and avoid such watchful gazes.

And she had far more eyes in her service than him, of that he was certain. "It is meant to be an insult, that I am not enough of a threat to warrant slaying. To kill me would be to acknowledge that I am capable of harming them despite the vast power gap, that is how I have survived. Through their arrogance, not their mercy."

Her describing him as 'lovely and interesting' was by far the most off-putting, if not outright insulting, remark that she had spoken to him thus far. "...Thank you?" He wasn't entirely sure if that was the appropriate response. "You are rather....unique yourself Officer A'Mia. In both your physical capabilities and your historical perspective. I would encourage you to seek out more knowledge of the current state of affairs however, you seem far too intelligent to be held in Kainite space."

"Mistake or victory, that is still to be decided wouldn't you say?" She asked cheerfully.
"There is time to kill you yet, Darth Strosius. Are you so eager to hasten your demise?"

"And thank you!" She added, still not moving from her place across the table from where he stood.
"You say 'held' as if I am captive here. I was called by the very darkness itself and make residence here of my own volition. So too will I travel elsewhere, when my duties allow, to make use of my skills across the galaxy. I am not chained to the Kainites anymore than Korriban itself is."

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri scoffed at the question and waved his hand dismissively. "My death will come when the Force wills it. There is little that I can do to hasten or avoid it, but until then I shall not live in fear of it." When his work was done or a more suitable servant took his place then he would be cast aside by the Dark Side, of that he was certain. That day when his usefulness had ran out had yet to come however, and he doubted that his duties would be done for quite some time.

"You may not be, but Korriban is tied tight to the fist of the Kainites. Make no mistake, Caedes only rules because Carnifex hasn't found a reason to replace him yet." He had little doubt that Empyrean would intervene if the Dark Lord of the Kainate personally ruled every world in the vassal state as well. "The moment he steps too far out of line the Malsheem with darken the skies of Korriban once more, and then the 'Ascending King' will regret having put himself under the thumb of the Twice-Failed Emperor."

Then perhaps his wishes to see the Kainate destroyed and dismantled would finally be heeded and considered by the people of Korriban that considered themselves 'neutral' in the power games of the Sith. Perhaps, but by then it would be far too late. "I recommend fleeing from this holy world long before that occurs. You and every other competent Acolyte that currently resides in this academy would be smart to do so."

The neti leaned over the table a bit and peered at him, watching him as if she could see the subtext beneath his words. And indeed her eyes traced along lines of energy that only she seemed able to see.

"That is True for you, isn't it?" She said the emphasized word with a sudden weight in her tone then clarified.
"You truly see yourself as a servant of the Force and at its behest?"

She made to reach toward the interior pocket of her uniform jacket, seeking her datapad. Already ignoring his gloomy advice and honing in on what had captured her curiosity.

"I would like to take some notes if you don't mind. And perhaps you might recommend some readings?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The question made his eyebrow quirk up behind his mask, idly wondering if she genuinely thought that the Kainate wouldn't come down on Korriban if it stepped too far from their influence. A'Mia did clarify rather quickly though and in a question that made far more sense. "Someone has to be." Alisteri shrugged and gestured to the other Sith. "I'm sure you can attest that nature itself cannot be dominated or subjugated to the will of us mere mortals. The Force is no less than a force of nature itself and yet so many delude themselves into believing that they can hold dominion over it in some way."

It was blasphemous and heretical thinking really, to believe oneself to have power over the Force itself rather than a simple agent in its usage. Far too common of a sentiment in his mind. "I do not have such prideful notions. I recognize the Force as the dominant power in the galaxy and I seek to ensure that its will is carried out. Saving the Sith from themselves is one such goal I shall pursue until my death."

His eyebrow raised again at the sight of the datapad and the new subject of conversation but sighed and crossed his arms over his chest as he answered nonetheless. "I find works and records from the 'Reconstituted Sith Empire', as it is referred to, to be very interesting myself. Particularly regarding Darth Marr, Darth Jadus, and Darth Malgus respectively."

A'Mia listened as she tabbed on the datapad and began typing rapidly with one hand while never breaking focus on his words. The neti used her seemingly sentient hair to hold up the device as she clicked away on its surface. She actually began nodding a bit as she spoke. Despite their significant differences, finding another area of unity between their mindsets.

"To think one is separate from nature is folly, so too with the Force," she seemed to quote or perhaps just summarize.
"This is why mastery of the self is so often cited in philosophical text as the key to mastery of one's reality."

The woman seemed to be veering off course a bit again but quickly corrected, relighting a previous topic as if they'd never passed by it.

"So, you criticize those powers that be for those previously cited reasons. I can appreciate that you have history which serves to solidify that mindset," her tone was still chipper but was now business like, driving toward some point that had yet to become clear.

She cocked her head and stopped typing, focusing entirely on him as she continued. The large dining hall started to show signs of the growing hour as a few kitchen staff began to move about setting the tables and making other preparations for dinner to come.

"You describe this chain of power, of Carnifex only allowing Caedes to rule here until he's 'too far out of line' and Caedes insulting you by deeming you 'unworthy of slaying'. A troubling trend you are presupposing, one that hardly seems to make room for healthy growth of Sith forces, if all we do is squash the up and coming talent.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"To know oneself is to know how one operates, or is meant to operate, within the wider galaxy itself and how to best fill that role. You can hardly hope to have a great effect on the present and future if you don't even know what you're capable of." That was one of the reasons he thoroughly enjoyed meditation. The time to reflect and focus completely inward without any external distractions or concerns was vital to the success of any that sought to make use of the Force.

"I have a history?" He scoffed, barely acknowledging as the kitchen staff began preparing tables for the Acolytes. Training must let out soon, which meant he couldn't stick around too much longer. "The Sith have a history with the powers that be. One marred by complacency and tyranny." A stained and sordid tapestry of betrayal and selfish desires, all of which have driven the Sith Order to their current state of affairs.

Alisteri laughed at her statement as though she had made some rhetorical or humorous remark, a dull and hollow laugh that gave no indication of actual enjoyment. "You think they care about talent or healthy forces?" He shook his head and let out another chuckle as he strode past A'Mia, seeming to be heading back to the halls that had led them there to begin with. "They care only for their own power. Those that submit to it, grow and are allowed a place at the table. Those that don't get killed, suppressed, restrained, whatever is necessary. They think themselves to be the greatest Sith, that none can be allowed to compare. They have no idea just how wrong they are."

He glanced back at the other Sith and gestured towards her with a wave of his hand before crossing his arms behind his back. "Times are changing. They've just yet to realize how much, and how bloody, the changes will be."

A'Mia followed in that graceful way she had, stowing the datapad for the time being. She showed no outward reaction of emotional response to his impassioned answers but listened carefully all the same. The neti was curious to know if the man was seeking to take his leave of the academy after all and whether Darth Caedes Darth Caedes ‘ ghoulish servants would descend upon him when he did. She was also engrossed by the conversation at hand, rarely ever having met someone so vehemently bent on conflict.

"I have already confessed an understanding and even appreciation for the need to prune diseased branches. When you speak though, I can't help but wonder if your doggedness would end with that. Do you envision a tale like that of the Phoenix? Death and rebirth from the ashes? That would be bloody indeed and who can say if the Sith Order would in fact rise again."

Her tone was calm, impartial. It was almost as if they were discussing the wheather or a new shipment of furniture to be delivered to the academy. She continued to trail slightly behind and to the side of him, perhaps testing how far his trust went as they walked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom