Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Vulcan's Proton Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: None as I could not find one to fit the description
Intent: To expand Vulcan's arsonal to artilery levels, and to provide new Toys for the Red Ravens
Dev Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/41683-designing-the-cannon/
Manufacturer: Vulcan Industries
Model:proton Cannon Mod
Affiliation: Open market Minor but Major Red Ravens
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Proton cannon components and durasteel
Classification: Cannon
Size: Mounted artillery
Length: 15ft
Weight: 2 tons
Ammunition Type: Powercells
Ammunition Capacity: One at a time with a standard ammon bucket carying 10
Effective Range: Battlefield
Rate of Fire: Semi Auto
Special Features: Self Reloading, Extremly powerful, 360 degree turrent mount, rugged

Description: Melkor decided that the next logical step for Vulcan Industries would be to produce a weapon for artillery purposes. To that end he took the old model Proton Cannon, and revamped it for modern use. See as it was strong already, he took left the firing mechanism alone and decided to work on the the mounting components and such instead.

First he took the original crap leg design and revamped it to be able to withstand the turmoils of the battle field and of the 360 range of motion, granted by the turret style swivvle mount. This made it not only more versatile but also extened its capactiy for use before matainence would be needed. The new legs actually latch onto the ground creating a solid base for use. While these also allow movement it is not possible to move and shoot at the same time, as this would result in an overpowering recoil which would possible knock it over.

The second is the side mount and mech arm that allows it to be opperated by only one person sitting on the side of the cannon. Allowing for a more open field of view, and a less need for an extra pair of hands for loading the cannon. The targeting computers are standard for the tech and have not been changed.

Overall this is a simple revamping of the original design found here.

[member="Darth Morgoth"]

Because this is so similar to existing canon tech, I see no reason for this to actually exist like this.

SUGGESTIONS
  • Just make a submission for the legs and present that with a link to this weapon, since all you're in fact doing is creating new legs which is the technology of interest.

[member="Camellia Swift"] well the reason I am subbing it is because I want to add the complete item to production line for my company I do have dev thread I have recently finished if you want me to add that to this,

[member="Darth Morgoth"]

Alright, if you would add it I can look it over.

Also it came to attention that your company would be stretched to mass produce this, and in addition it spent a rather voluptuous sum during the course of recent auctions as well which further strains it. Drop that to minor overall and it should be fine if the dev thread covers other issues.

[member="Darth Morgoth"]

Alright then. That makes the Red Raven remark a little unnecessary but that's a nitpick. The dev thread covers the work for the modifications for the original leg design.

Pending Secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom