Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voss Temple Revamp - Feedback Wanted!

130904_DC_Hudson.jpg

enslocation1v02.jpg

684e10a175746e450e5088bffba7ad19.jpg

So the original submission for Voss Academy is pretty sparse, and there have been talks about updating the submission to reflect our progression as a faction. This is something I'd like to tackle now, but I wanted to get some feedback from you all about what kinds of things you would like to see in the writeup, to include special features, landmarks, specific locations, force nexus, etc.

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Well you for sure need a sparring ground, maybe a garden.

I wrote one thread where there was a force chamber which housed a multitude of stalacttite, stalagmites, and biomes, all held in balance by the force. That would be a good training ground.

[member="Arisa Yune"]

I have not read the original sub for a while, so am going off memory. :p

Initially, we had a very large blue crystal in the center of the main entrance. It was imbued with the lightside of the force by the master and knights at the time to help protect the temple. Also we RPed the location to be outside of Voss-ka for the protection of the people and the city when attacks come on the Jedi and the temple. (and they have).

[member="Jade Whisperwind"]

That's actually funny you say that, because like 99% of the training/instructional threads I lead take place in a garden. That will definitely be a thing within the temple.

That chamber you descrbied sounds really cool in concept, I'll be sure to add that to the entry.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Thanks for the input, I was hoping some of the original members would chime in so I got the lore right. I like the idea of the protective crystal. I'd definitely like to keep that in, but may modifty its housing a bit.

So I'm thinking that over the 20+ years of existence, the temple gradually expanded into a large complex a major military hub for the Antarian Rangers, as well as a trauma care center and hospice. On the medical front, I've been thinking about reviving the Silver Cross as our healer/humanitarian arm, made to cater to our writers who prefer more controlled PVE encounters.

[member="Arisa Yune"]

Something else I thought of was something like the Room of a Thousand Fountains, a place that is tranquil and calm, where people can go to simply relax, meditate, or re-center themselves. Perhaps attached in some way, or incorporated into the gardens you were thinking of.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] Is that the case? I just wanted to reuse the name. From what I've heard of the original organization, it was much different in operation than what I had in mind.

I know how touchy people can get with these things, so I'll call the organization the Silver Service Corps. As I think about it, the SSC seems more like a fitting title for this group.

In the Temple, the Archives should be a large focal point, so all Jedi always know where they can go for answers and information about the Force, the Silver Jedi history, other races and cultures within the SJ cloud, or to just study the night away.

As they say, knowledge is power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom