Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vong Tech Comparisons?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
When it comes to Vong tech, there are 3 things you'z got to know:

• Yaret-Kor: Organic variable-size molten plasma projectile launcher
  • Dovin basal: Organic variable-size gravitational field generator
  • Yorik coral: Organic skeletal starship building material

So my question to our Tech Guru's is: Using our Guide to Building StarCraft, Vong tech isn't listed. Thusly, how would one build/(grow) custom Vong tech and how would you compare it to Standard Technologies?

Thanks,

- JSC

Yaret-Kor = Laser cannon or turbolaser, depending on the size. I would probably divide it into "small" yaret-kor for laser cannons and "large" yaret-kor for turbos.
Dovin basal = shield generator. That was easy.
Yorik coral = durasteel. That was easy.

Getting Vong tech is as easy as finding a Vong source to get it from, or learning how to grow your own and then getting the appropriate seed materials. RP getting it and you can have it. The Factory doesn't limit Vong tech any more than it does most other tech.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Vael'roth Kon said:
The CIS has a custom Vong ship that I can't remember the name of at the moment. And Dovin basals do more than gravitational field generation.
Expound pls. The wikia article describes basals creating blackholes to modify incoming projectile trajectories and even deflect or absorb energy mass. Greater yields in gravity anomalies being modified by larger basals.

So yes. I perhaps understand that simply classifying basals as simple 'shield generators' would be a little easy. Lol. However, when understood, it wouldn't compromise default ship integrity. One starfighter - one basal. One capital ship - many basals. I could understand that. :D

We're aiming for simplicity and uniformity here, not for accuracy. If we tried to make every single thing that went through the Factory 100% accurate to site canon, the site would implode because of the army of internal contradictions running through it.

So dovin basals are roughly equivalent to shield generators in the Factory. I neither know nor care how you guys RP them in threads. That's on you.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Fabula Cavataio said:
We're aiming for simplicity and uniformity here, not for accuracy. If we tried to make every single thing that went through the Factory 100% accurate to site canon, the site would implode because of the army of internal contradictions running through it.

So dovin basals are roughly equivalent to shield generators in the Factory. I neither know nor care how you guys RP them in threads. That's on you.
Got it. With this in mind I can now comprehend how to build and submit Vong Tech to the Factory. Thanks guys! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom