Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Voktari

Status
Not open for further replies.
SB2t3Ld.jpg

"Alien" by Mewtoo@deviantart.com

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Voktari
  • Designation: Non-Sentient
  • Homeworld: Morradon
  • Language: N/A
  • Average Lifespan: 3 Years
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: Voktari are an absolutely horrifying species when one comes into contact with them, the creatures stand at over three meters tall easily towering over many others. There are two rows of teeth in both the upper and lower part of its mouth, the second set far sharper. While along the side of the mouth are pincers meant to grab its prey, and feed it into its mouth. With sharpened appendages capable of penetrating a human easily one would be smart to avoid a wild Voktari.

PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I, and II
  • Average height of adults: 3-4.5 meters
  • Average length of adults: 7 Meters
  • Skin color: Green, Red, Blue
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: The Voktari are a basic race of insectoids, showing few distinctions to separate them from others of their kind. However, there are a number of things that are prominently noticed about the species. One of these distinctions being their number of appendages Voktari are known to have up to nine working appendages to aid them in their digging and hunting. Another distinction would be the color of their blood, rather than red or black it is a sickly green that matches the tone of their undershell.
  • Races: N/A
Strengths:
  • Appendages: The appendages of the Voktari are all incredibly sharp on the end and when putting force behind the blow are more than capable of cutting an unarmored humanoid in half.
  • Jaw: With two rows of extremely sharp teeth and immense jaw strength the teeth of a Voktari are capable of harvesting ores.

Weaknesses:

• Energy Weapons: While covered in chitinous scales the Voktari are still susceptible to blasters and other such energy weapons. Blasters are able to disrupt and destroy the scales that the Voktari posses, making them lethal to the creatures.

• Short lifespan: The lifespan of a Voktari is incredibly short with the average lifespan of the species being three but many die before the end of their first year.

• Non-sentient: This creature does not posses the conscious ability to make decisions or coordinate with it's brethren, making them extremely volatile, yet predictable and unrefined in combat.

CULTURE
  • Diet: The Voktari are a carnivorous species and survive mainly off devouring the inhabitants of Morradan or other creatures in the wild. Though if properly trained or domesticated the Voktari can be used to devour ores before excreting them out.
  • Communication: Clicking of mandibles, Roars
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: No religion or beliefs
  • General behavior: From birth, the Voktari are a violent species, when freshly hatching from their pods they are set out on the world on their own after having been abandoned by their parents. The parents will engage in combat and the victor would walk away leaving the young and the corpse of the other parent behind for the younglings to feed on after they hatch. Due to growing at an incredibly fast rate the creatures easily become a threat, though even freshly out the pod they are dangerous to those caught off guard. After the first week or two of their life the Voktari will often find their way away from their homes to survive on their own, while after a few months once they’ve reached their full size they begin the hunt for a mate. To impress another of the opposite gender the Voktari have a tendency to display their wings and appendages showing their might, it’s not rare for the males to engage in combat with another male to prove their dominance when claiming a mate. Yet it is often the female Voktari that win the battle after giving birth.

To domesticate a Voktari they must be acquired before they break free of their pods and imprinted upon, once that task is done the Voktari are loyal to those who imprinted upon it so long as they supply the creature with food. The domesticated Voktari’s tasks usually involve going out to gather and feed on ore which they store in their bodies till returning to pods specifically designed to transport the metals back to their designated forges. When death nears it is not odd for Voktari to go on a rampage attacking all those near as the longer they live the more hostile they become, often causing most to be put down after their first year.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Voktari are one of the few species that have been confirmed to be native to Morradon. While many other species are speculated to have been immigrated long ago, it has never been confirmed except for the Voktari. This species of monstrous insects have plagued the planet since the beginning of it's history. A ravenous species, they have been known to prey on anything they can find on Morradon. Smaller insects, humans, the Dathari, and even smaller Banthas have been targeted by these insect.

Voktari, by nature, are capable of gaining nutrients from stone. One of their redeeming qualities that allows them to survive on Morradon's harsh barren surface. Before the Dathari learned to imprint on them they feared the insects, their superior strength making them a very valid problem. It was the first Lord of the Forge who taught the Dathari to domesticate the insects and use them to gather minerals for the Dark Forge.

In the rising days of their use by the Dark Lord of the Forge the Voktari fought back against their master's, often attempting to devour them or causing sizable amounts of damage. It wasn't until the second Lord of the Forge that the beasts were completely domesticated and open to the Dathari's will. That Lord realized that imprinting on the insects shortly after their birth can make them far more loyal and cooperative than a mature or elder Voktari.

Ok, I'm going to start by asking you to source your image as outlined in this guide. To get you started, I've conducted a backwards image search and found the origin of the image to be here. :)

After you've done that, I'm going to have you link the species' homeworld.

Next, it seems like you've forgotten to fill in the Distinctions section (located under the Physical Information heading) so, I'm going to ask you to do that.

Once that is done, I'd like to point out that the formatting for Communication (located under the Culture heading) is in a different style from the rest of your post so you might want to fix that. :D

And finally, I'm going to ask you to add little more to the Historical Information since it's rather short.

[member="Adron Malvern"]​

Apologies for the late reply, but after speaking with another Codex Judge, I'm going to have to ask you to expand on the energy weapon weakness and explain how they are affected by the weapons beyond just saying they are susceptiable to them. Once you've done that, please add a more substantial weakness to the species.

Lastly, I'm going to ask you to link to the artist's Deviantart page rather than to the image on imgur.

Energy weapons can only be considered a weakness if it is lethal to the species or something of comparable severity. What you have written is pretty much assumed for any species so I am going to ask that you either increase the severity of the injury this species can suffer at the hands of energy weapons or, replace it with another combat related weakness. In addition to this, I'm going ask that you add another combat related weakness as both your strengths can be utlized in combat, however, the same does not apply for your weaknesses.

This was just pointed out to me by a fellow Codex Judge but this phrase:

Adron Malvern said:
Blasters, as apposed to slugthrowers, are able to disrupt and destroy the scales that the Voktari posses, making them lethal to the creatures.
Can be read as the species having some sort of resistance against slugthrowers. Please remove this line. If you wish for the species to be resistant against slugthrowers, add it as its own strength along with a considerable combat related weakness to balance it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom