Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Void of the Force & Awoken Pureblood: Discussion

Alright so, to start this thing off let me say that i am no expert on the Star Wars universe. I've read a ton on the wiki about 'How the force works' and the traits of each side. The Dark Side drawing raw emotion and aggression and The Light Side focusing on patience, knowledge and focus. But in doing more reading i see there is not really a middle ground of the force. Aside from the mention of The Grey Jedi which is...not really what i had in mind. So with that realization and after reading up on pretty much 'all' of the Force Abilities listed on the wookie i decided to try to see if i could come up with something fresh and new that could be Associated with The Awoken to give them some extra 'flare'.

As a result, i came up with 'The Void'. This, in my own words. Is the true nature of the force. The physical representation of its energy and being. However, the reason this side of the force has not existed until now is because of its strict set of rules. Rules that almost no one in the galaxy is willing to follow in order to truly become one with The Void.

k97P4tD.gif

The Void of the Force
"Release your earthly tether...empty, and become nothing...empty...and enter The Void."

Alright so, bare with me here cause its about to get deep. Basically, because The Void is the perfect balance between The Light & The Dark, (Represented by Red & Blue) The Void is almost always seen as violet or purple when used. The reason The Void has been unseen and unheard of until now is because of its set of laws which require the user to empty themselves of all worldly desires. Essentially, a user but become nothing, feel nothing, want nothing and believe in nothing. It is only then The Void can be felt, unlocked when a force user enters the abyss of their own soul. This is why its practice died out, simply no one was willing to sacrifice their very humanity to practice its art.

However, should The Void be discovered, it is often associated with Witchcraft given its raw energy. It is NOT stronger than any other side of the force, but it does allow for interesting innovation given its raw potency of energy. One ability would be the power to create an object from the void and use it as a weapon if used correctly. Capable of several different uses so long as it is executed properly, which takes a very long time to master. It's tenets are as listed below.

Feel no desire for Power
Feel no desire for Love
Feel no desire for Hunger
Feel no desire for Vengeance
Feel no desire for Knowledge
Feel no desire for Peace
Feel no desire for War
Feel no desire for Emotion
Feel no desire for Faith

Only Desire the Truth

Once a Force User empties themselves of all these things, they can truly unlock the power of The Void. The only other species that actually founded The Void are a species known as the Awoken Purebloods...moving on below.

imDRPUp.png

Close Up Reference - Humanoid Form

The Awoken Purebloods where a species from long long ago. Similar to the Sith Pureblood, difference being their Alignment being towards The Void. The Awoken Purebloods were considered the first species to ever practice the art of Witchcraft by utilizing The Void of the Force. Using it in a number of strange and mysterious ways similar to that of the Witches of Dathomir & Sith Mages. Neither drawing from The Light or The Darkness because of their inability to derive certain emotions required to use those sides of the force. A very cold and luminescent species that lived a very strange lifestyle. Having a King & Queen among them to teach the others how to utilize The Void properly. They are known as the greatest liars to exist. They eat although they have never felt hunger. They laugh although they have never felt happiness. They seek friendship despite having no desire for companionship. They even cry even though they have never felt sadness.

When an Awoken Pureblood is born, they maintain their alien-like appearance until their adolescence. That is when they mature and are able to use The Void to alter their appearance over the span of a few years in order to adopt their Humanoid Form. However, they are unable to lose their luminescent hair and markings that decorate their bodies. The Awoken Pureblood seems to lack any visible genitalia and reproductive organs until a single night every few hundred years when a comet passed their planet by allowing them to reproduce similar to Humans. Another thing to note is their skin pattern, consisting of pale blue, purple and pink spin with black flesh covering the other halves of their body. Often split 50-50.

After a few hundred years, The Awoken Purebloods suffered from a fatal sickness that nearly wiped out their species. As a single means for survival many of them mated with humanoid species to plan the the seed of their genetic code. And after years passed, despite their entire culture being lost. Should anyone with the blood discover the existence of The Void they would revert into their original forms. Transformed by The Void.

The Purebloods, being affiliated with The Void have only ever desired 'The Truth'. An eye being their universal symbol. The Purebloods chased the truth and believed that it was the only thing aside from the force that was true. They held no faith in a god or even a set of ideologies like the 'Jedi' who wanted peace and believed in freedom. The Purebloods simply sought the truth in all things including the force. Looking to the past as guidance since the past would always tell the truth...they did not look to the future for the future was uncertain, and therefor full of lies and falsehood. It is because of this Purebloods were known for speaking nothing but the truth but expressing nothing but lies. The Paradox of their culture that confused many other species they came into contact with.

Well, thats all i came up with so far. Probably sounds ridiculous and out of the question but i figured i'd try. What do you guys think? This sound like something that could be a thing? Do yall like it? I normally keep this kind of stuff to myself and keep it buried somewhere in fear of being yelled at and becoming 'that guy' who then gets rejected for doing something no one agrees with. But as a member of this community i want to give yall some new content that everyone can have fun with and attempt to be original instead of hashing out copies of Soldiers, jedi, and sith who have red lightsabers and are all cliche. A LOT of you have done an amazing job of still finding original ways to create new characters that was original. So here is a thing to maybe push that along further.

Post below what yall thing.

GO HERE TO SHOW SUPPORT IF YOU LIKE

[member="Avo"]
[member="Darth Erebos"]
[member="Henry Chinko"]
[member="Jack Raxis"]
[member="Kaeda Vevut"]
[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]
[member="Vithar Seth"]
[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Rose Blade"]
[member="Eirlys Verd"]
[member="Gray Watcher"]
[member="Maya Whitelight"]
[member="Rustag Bovruta"]
[member="Sinnedwikks"]

What were you thinking?! That will never work, its a stupid idea! :p

Seriously though, it sounds interesting and with what has been done with the Force recently I bet that it would not be too much of a stretch.

[member="Winter Sovereign"]

It's quite the interesting concept but it is also a very hard thing to rp as essentially you turn into a sort of one dimensional thing. At least that's how I see it. With that note out of the way I must say that it is very interesting as a concept but given the severely limiting tenets to use this few will. Being able to create constructs out of the force I believe we should have in the spells category but I can see that you put a lot of work into this and it is brilliant to be honest but at the same time it's also off putting mostly because of those tenets.

Yeah. The Tenets were designed to be off putting. And if you read the Pureblood description, the way they survived as a culture was by wearing a mask and lying. The sought friendship although they desired no companionship. They ate when they felt no hunger. They laughed when they felt no happiness. They were, in a way. The best liars in the galaxy despite only seeking the truth in all things. The Void is very much a paradox and because of its tenets its been a mystery for all these millions of years. [member="Darth Erebos"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
It sounds a bit contradictory to say the Void has been hidden for so long because of all of the restrictions people like the Jedi and Sith placed upon their Red and Blue sides of the Force, and then go on to say you still have to drop all of those emotions to truely unlock the Void.

Just me? I agree with what [member="Darth Erebos"] said. Drop all of that with which makes people interesting to fully unlock the potential?

On one hand, that could make for some interesting characters. Doesnt mean everyone has to do it, because lets be honest, not everyone will want to become a husk of themselves for the balance of power. Some could, though, and be some truely terrifyingly disturbing and mentally deceased individuals.

Meanwhile, others might still hang on to their humanity and just not be quite as in-tune to the Void.

I like it, though! I feel this can fit my character perfectly, and it feels very new and original :D

Also, for future reference Winter, you can replace [member="Rustag Bovruta"] with Evan in the tags

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom