Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voice of History

It seemed as though there were very little time to do anything these days. Important jobs and tight deadlines often held Sena back from doing much of anything. But today her calendar had a beautiful fourteen-day row of nothing. A much needed spot of downtime for the rising knight of the Force. At least that is what she had taken to calling herself. Having a look on Force users through the generations, she felt more connected with the Jedi, as many of her beliefs about life and balance tended to line up with theirs. Her deep connection to the Force had saved her from giant feline beasts that were attacking her squad in the middle of what was supposed to be an ambush. Calming the beast’s minds so they could slip away from the area. She had chosen the path of peace much like the Jedi had. But their naivety about some powers they closed their minds off to was astonishing. She preferred to be open to true balance and live in both sides of the Force harmoniously. Thus, she had labeled herself a knight of the Force in comparison to the Jedi knights as she could rival their power, and in a fair amount of cases surpass them.

With this time away from her duties, it was now time for her to learn more of the Force. Sena had developed a theory of searching through ancient religious practices through the ages that centered around the Force; either as a deity or way of life. The theory was that by searching through the ancient religious followings of the Force she may be able to unlock something new or something very, very old. There were a few planets she had heard of that had ancient foundations with extensive histories recorded in old halls. Seeming like a mostly peaceful planet, Sena didn’t feel as if there were much reason to bring any security detail. I can handle a few old archivists.

The Talavara hung in space near Won Shasot. It was a safe place for the battlecruiser to park while the smaller, faster corvette Sena had in a small personal bay near her quarters would be more useful for this outing. The wall of her quarters had been fitted with what were actually screens that allowed a sort of view port using cameras. She looked down at the planet below, a sharp pang of nostalgia and longing to visit her old masters grave. But the moment passed as if it had never existed to begin with as Sena turned around. It was time to go.

Sena stood in front of the door that was between herself and the hanger. No one was around the area. Most of the ship’s crew down on the surface of the planet, where Sena had arranged a stay with the locals. Her long fingers reached out and put the door code in. Lights jumped to life as the door slid open, revealing the stealthy corvette standing in the middle of the floor. All of the supplies she had readied the night before had been loaded onboard. Her lightsaber hung near off of a rail that extended the boarding ramp into the belly of the ship. The matte black metal it was cast of was familiar to her hand. It hummed with the warmth of power.

Once she had entered the cockpit she flicked a switch and her field desk was replaced by a bed. With a slight ooph she sat down, swearing that the gravity field on the ship had been increased today. “Maybe just one more nap before I go…”

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax was elsewhere while [member="Sena"] sought after her quick shut eye. The Marshall had just returned after an assault on some Trandoshan pirates who had with them some things that Dax considered very important. He too collapsed on his bed and groaned. His body ached from the recent abuses it had suffered, and Dax was paying for it now.

After lying down for a few minutes the Rogue decided it was a good idea to check on Sena. When he'd left, the woman had been keeping busy, and he had to admit, she was growing into a very capable Knight and woman. The Rogue got up and began to search for his apprentice.

As Dax left his quarters, Athena lopping along beside him, Halzyn approached, greeting him.

"Oh Marshall, glad I caught you, we were doing inventory and we need to requisition some ammunition and food."

"Get 'er done, any chance you've seen Sena by the way? About time I checked up on her."

"Uhh, I think she's still on that crazy ship you two found. Dunno if she's busy though."

The Rogue thanked him before setting off to her own vessel. The Rogue docked his vessel within the Talavara. Once on board, the Rogue searched through the ship but turned up nothing, not even in her room. Remembering that her own corvette was in the Talavara's hangar, Dax went there to find her. Knocking on the door, "Hey Sena, ya in there?"

"Hey Sena, ya in there?"
Sena..."OH!" Her white head popped up as Sena's back snapped upright. "DAX!?" she yelled. "Do NOT scare me like that!" she boomed, finding her feet and facing the door that had her master's face poking through. As soon as she laid eyes on him her anger vanished. The face that had given her new life. A better life. With a quick flash of Force through her muscles she was on him. Wrapping him in a hug, smashing his face into her chest. Letting him go she stepped back, a grin on her face that almost always wore a scowl, and a gleam in her eyes. "You got here just in time. YOU sir just became my companion for a hypothesis of mine." Her hand flicked the switch and the field desk returned. "Here read this later. All you need to know is that we are doing a bit of intellectual archeology." Sena smiled down to Athena to say hello. With a flick of her wrist the co-pilot seat appeared from the floor under the desk, locking into its position. "Do you know anything about the ancient planet of Obroa-skai?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue started laughing at his student's reaction, but was quickly taken aback by her attack of a bear hug. Coming away from her, fake-gasping for breath, he said, "Are you trying to fething suffocate me?" Before he even got an answer however, she was rapid firing some sort of new...Dax wasn't even sure what to call it, an expedition? to him.

"Obroa-Skai?" Dax asked, "I mean I know of it, never been though. In the Old Republic days it had a Jedi Temple on their, specialized in archival data and analysis if I remember." The Rogue's face had raised an eyebrow in confusion, what did Obroa-Skai have to do with anything? "If I recall, it got raided during Order 66. It got restored, not all of the data was recovered though. Place still existed when I was with the Order, but my master never bothered to take me, not that I cared." Dax approached the field desk and started to flip through the data that [member="Sena"] had collected, "I'm sorry, but what is all this? I can hardly understand half of it."

Obroa-Skai was a rather useless temple nowadays, considering that most Jedi didn't bother with archiving data anymore. He couldn't think of any kind of old texts that might be held their either that could be of any value. Unless some data held a location or analysis of something or other that was important, Dax was completely lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom