Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[VoC] Question And Answer [Responses]

Voice Of Chaos

In Chaos We Reside
ROUND ONE
Staff Member: @[member='Jacen Cavill']

Initial Question:
Q. What makes the site for you, has you so ensnared that you are as active as you are while maintaining a job and a social life ontop?

A. I'm not really an anomaly, Tefka and Tegaea Alcori are working professionals. Moridin works as well, and Spencer Jacobs is almost done with school. Ayden, Sarge, and Mia are all in various stages of college as well. Seroth is doing quite well for himself and actually found his lucky lady and is quite happy. I'm just a little more vocal about having free time, and the truth is my business is easy for me to do these things from. I sell cabinets, counter tops, showers, and doors. Really doesn't take a big sale each day for the store to meet it's quotas, and even then one real BIG sale can make your week. I have a few good employees who do the selling and lifting of stuff, and I basically sit in my office unless I'm working a big sale that I don't trust my guys to handle.

So essentially my work day could end at 10 A.M., but I choose to stay up here and monitor the baby I bought from my step-dad. (Even if he still owns a share of the place and I have to pay him some of the stores profits.) That free time just sends me back to rping, and when I first moved to Nashville you guys were my only friends. Star Wars roleplay took me back to my awkward days as a 14 year old where I found acceptance for who I truly was. So my friends and people I do business with see a certain side of me, you guys get the true part of me that really just wants to be around like-minded people and be a nerd and celebrate that.

As to the social life, it's rough. I go out one-two nights a week, and the other nights I'm at the house on the site and playing with my dog. So It's not like I'm doing something crazy, or unheard of...I'm just more vocal.

Two Randomly Selected Questions:
Q. What brought you into roleplaying?

A. This is easy, I was a pretty awkward teenager at the age of 14. So when I saw the chance to be someone else, tell their story, actually make some friends...well I jumped on it. Being a huge star wars fan helps, and I'm still here many years later.

Q. What's your idea of a perfect date?

A. I'm pretty fun loving, so a bar and some live music suit my tastes just fine. Honestly, a typical night out in Nashville isn't that bad. Can't complain, but sitting at home and cooking/watching a nice movie would be nice(if I could ever settle down with someone.)

Posed Specifically To All Staff:
Q. Do you ever envision the site in its ‘opportune’ and ‘perfect’ state, and if so where would this be for you?

A. No reports, all factions at peace, and a relative quiet over the board. I believe SWRP's natural state is a little bit of chaos, and that's the natural appeal in logging on everyday. If this place got too quiet it wouldn't be very fun, but we are lucky to have such great members. I'm friends with most, and it honestly makes my job easy. Even on a bad day this place is amazing because I can lean on those I count on, or work closely with the other staffers to get the board back to normal.

Staff Member: @[member='Seroth Ur-Rahn']

Initial Question:
Q. If you had to associate yourself with a movie SW character, who would it be and why?

A. Probably Wedge Antilles. I always liked that you had this stoic pilot, totally professional, just did his job. And did it with nerves of steel. Perhaps he didn't jump out at you the way Lando Calrissian or Boba Fett or Leia Organa did, but he was solid. I've always wanted to have that degree of self-control and ability. It's more or less my own position on Staff: I'm not a celebrity, but every once in a while, you can spot me in the back.

Q. If you could take a trip to anywhere in the world, where would it be?

A. Probably Japan. Yes, that's the answer of every weaboo across the 'net, but hear me out. Throughout High School, we knew an assistant teacher who regularly took trips to Hokaido and Osaka and told these amazing stories of her time. It's not a perfect place, no country is, but it's on one hand very cosmopolitan and the other very traditional. I would love it if, somehow, I could spend a year overseas travelling from through the prefectures and regions.

Q. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?

A. Lord, so much I would change... But just for one? A greater ability to learn. Knowledge is fantastic and I've seen what people can do RPwise when they're already brilliant scholars.

Q. Do you ever envision the site in its ‘opportune’ and ‘perfect’ state, and if so where would this be for you?

A. 'Opportune' and 'perfect' for me would be wherein Staff intervention is kept to a bare minimum, and the majority of content is generated and self-moderated by the community. We have hundreds of minds active on SWRP every single day. Once the new set of Star Wars films hit the theaters throughout this decade, we are doubtless going to see more accounts and characters pouring into here. My vision is a mix of lawful chaos: nothing is set in stone, writers take the decisions of their characters more seriously, story campaigns become the norm rather than a specialty. That would be my hope.

Staff Member: @[member='Sarge Potteiger']

Initial Question:
Q. What brought you into roleplaying?

A. Well, I originally started on Habbo Hotel - something I used to be a bit ashamed of, but it's clear now that a start there is more common than I realized. There, to roleplay and win fights, you simply had to type fast but legibly, and by that I mean you had to not only get your action out before the other persons, but you had to type it with correct spelling and, if need be, grammar. So I can thank Habbo for my ability to type hilariously fast without looking at the keys. But what drew me to it was simply the fact that I'd always had an imagination, and always enjoyed pretending to do stuff like storm the beaches of Normandy or be DBZ characters. Roleplaying seems to stem naturally from that, yeah?

After that, I moved onto World of Warcraft, which was a step up in terms of length when it came to posting. It was also less about speed and more about quality. But after that, I decided to move on and found an RP board (pokemon RP, I might add), that I RP'd on. . . but I never used pokemon. I roleplayed an alcoholic with a gun fetish.

Sometime later SWTOR came out, I met my girlfriend on there, and her and her buddy brought me to SWRP. So, getting me into forum roleplaying took a few years - I started RP at 12, I believe, but didn't hit forums until I was 17 or so.

Q. Who is your favourite comedian on the old show "Whose Line is it Anyway?"

A. Wayne Brady. Not only can his wit keep up with the rest of the cast, but he could actually sing and sing quite well. He's always been my favorite.

Q. If you had to associate yourself with a movie SW character, who would it be and why?

A. Boba Fett. He's a tough SOB, but he doesn't always come out on top. He's feared, I think, more for his stubborn refusal to give up than anything else because let's face it - if you've got a bounty hunter after you who absolutely refuses to stop hunting you, then your life is going to suck.

A. Sometimes I do, but it's only when I feel like the day has been exceptionally stressful for whatever reason. Hrm, in terms of what that would entail. . . there's a few things. I'd like there to be less emphasis on relationships, if only because I feel like focusing on that means you miss out on a lot of Star-Wars-y goodness. But, really, I'd like there to be less bickering between members, less focus on 'being awesome' and more focus on being here to write. No one ever started out at the top, but no one said it was easy to get there either.

Staff Member: @[member='Mia Monroe']

Initial Question:
Q. If you could take a trip to anywhere in the world, where would it be?

A. Everywhere! My ultimate goal in life is to beat my granddad and travel more of the world than he did. I've done Thailand, Jamaica, Orlando, two of the Canary Islands, Spain, Germany, Holland I'm doing South Africa in January and Peru in June. Right now though? There is only one place I want to be and that's San Fransisco... I should probably point out that I live in Britain :p

Q. Are you a cat person or a dog person?

A. I'm a dog person. Nothing shows you unconditional love like a dog does and they are always so happy to see you. I can take or leave cats, besides which they make me sneeze.

Q. What non-roleplaying hobby do you enjoy?

A. I barely have time for hobbies outside of college, work and roleplaying but when I get the time, I love nothing more that walking my dog and loosing myself in nature. I dabble in photography and I love to bury my nose in books, so much so that I've run out of room on my shelves.

A. Honestly, nothing is ever perfect and there is always room for improvement, but for arguments sake, it would be where the members carry the site. Its here for them to roleplay on so, a perfect world would be where they design and implement galactic events, where everyone can get along and solve their issues in a pleasant manner and the report button never gets hit...but then again, I'd be out of a job so...

-----
Please do not respond here as it will be used for all the future Q+A session responses, instead discuss it here - Thanks, VoC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom