Trident Officer
Today, I don't really have anything interesting to do, so while I wait for my appointments to settle down, I've decided to head to Nar Shaddaa aboard a small, simple travel ship to see how our dear friend Ada has settled in. I'm curious to see her headquarters, her employees... Did she do a good job with the place? Is she a tyrant when it comes to running a company? After all, there's only one way to find out for sure: see it for myself. Besides, Lyssara is busy elsewhere, so that's one more reason for me to find something to keep myself occupied.
After landing my ship at the local spaceport, I grab a taxi and head toward ADA Corp's headquarters. We make our way through the streets well, "streets." Nar Shaddaa is basically one gigantic city of towering buildings with advertisements plastered absolutely everywhere, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ada's ultimate goal was to buy every advertising spot on the moon just so she could monopolize them all. My taxi flies itself, which is nice; I don't have much to do besides enjoy the view. My sniper rifle is strapped across my back and I have my cudgel cane with me, so if anything happens, I'm armed. These days, I rarely go anywhere without at least one of my two main weapons.
The journey goes smoothly, and eventually the taxi touches down. I have to admit, I quite enjoyed the little urban rodeo. The landing platform is surprisingly spacious, and ADA Corp's massive building is impossible to miss. There's an enormous red-and-black A emblazoned across it, surrounded by a circular mark wrapping around the letter. Well, at least the building is recognizable. I definitely didn't get the address wrong.
As I step into the reception hall, the first thing I notice is how well maintained everything is. Someone or some robots must clean this place regularly. Good point, it actually feels welcoming. The receptionist is sitting behind her desk in an employee uniform, scrolling through lines of information on her holo-terminal. Apparently, she's human, so Ada actually employs people? Interesting. An AI that has evolved to the point where she can manage actual employees... I'll admit, even I'm surprised.
I approach the receptionist with a smile.
"Hello. I'm here to have a look around ADA Corp's facilities."
"The premises are closed to the public, ma'am. You can't be here."
My eyes slowly drift toward the ceiling, considering I'm already standing inside the building.
"I'm Nyva Shei. Ada told me I could come and visit the facilities whenever I wanted, and that I wouldn't need an appointment."
"Nyva Shei, you said? One moment, please."
She picks up her scanner and briefly checks my identity. A moment later, my file flashes green, confirming that I'm authorized. She puts the scanner back down and simply records my presence in the visitor log.
"Miss Shei, you are indeed personally authorized by the director. Please accept my apologies, and welcome to ADA Corp. Here's your badge."
I take the small card she offers me and thank her. She's only doing her job, so I can't exactly blame her. Knowing Ada, though, I'm slightly concerned about what kind of security measures she might have put in place for people who don't follow the rules. Still, the atmosphere here is surprisingly calm. No pew pew going off in every direction, no flashing neon lights flying around everywhere... It's almost surprising how normal this place feels.
I press the elevator button and make my way toward the upper floors, eventually reaching the administrative section. I should run into Ada soon enough; she's probably already been informed of my arrival. In the meantime, I'm going to make myself a nice, strong cup of coffee. Now that's the good stuff. The employees have their own break areas, so I casually claim one for myself while I prepare my coffee. And since I have an official badge hanging from my chest, nobody bothers asking me any questions. They even have little alcoves with beds where employees can take naps. That's insane.
After landing my ship at the local spaceport, I grab a taxi and head toward ADA Corp's headquarters. We make our way through the streets well, "streets." Nar Shaddaa is basically one gigantic city of towering buildings with advertisements plastered absolutely everywhere, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ada's ultimate goal was to buy every advertising spot on the moon just so she could monopolize them all. My taxi flies itself, which is nice; I don't have much to do besides enjoy the view. My sniper rifle is strapped across my back and I have my cudgel cane with me, so if anything happens, I'm armed. These days, I rarely go anywhere without at least one of my two main weapons.
The journey goes smoothly, and eventually the taxi touches down. I have to admit, I quite enjoyed the little urban rodeo. The landing platform is surprisingly spacious, and ADA Corp's massive building is impossible to miss. There's an enormous red-and-black A emblazoned across it, surrounded by a circular mark wrapping around the letter. Well, at least the building is recognizable. I definitely didn't get the address wrong.
As I step into the reception hall, the first thing I notice is how well maintained everything is. Someone or some robots must clean this place regularly. Good point, it actually feels welcoming. The receptionist is sitting behind her desk in an employee uniform, scrolling through lines of information on her holo-terminal. Apparently, she's human, so Ada actually employs people? Interesting. An AI that has evolved to the point where she can manage actual employees... I'll admit, even I'm surprised.
I approach the receptionist with a smile.
"Hello. I'm here to have a look around ADA Corp's facilities."
"The premises are closed to the public, ma'am. You can't be here."
My eyes slowly drift toward the ceiling, considering I'm already standing inside the building.
"I'm Nyva Shei. Ada told me I could come and visit the facilities whenever I wanted, and that I wouldn't need an appointment."
"Nyva Shei, you said? One moment, please."
She picks up her scanner and briefly checks my identity. A moment later, my file flashes green, confirming that I'm authorized. She puts the scanner back down and simply records my presence in the visitor log.
"Miss Shei, you are indeed personally authorized by the director. Please accept my apologies, and welcome to ADA Corp. Here's your badge."
I take the small card she offers me and thank her. She's only doing her job, so I can't exactly blame her. Knowing Ada, though, I'm slightly concerned about what kind of security measures she might have put in place for people who don't follow the rules. Still, the atmosphere here is surprisingly calm. No pew pew going off in every direction, no flashing neon lights flying around everywhere... It's almost surprising how normal this place feels.
I press the elevator button and make my way toward the upper floors, eventually reaching the administrative section. I should run into Ada soon enough; she's probably already been informed of my arrival. In the meantime, I'm going to make myself a nice, strong cup of coffee. Now that's the good stuff. The employees have their own break areas, so I casually claim one for myself while I prepare my coffee. And since I have an official badge hanging from my chest, nobody bothers asking me any questions. They even have little alcoves with beds where employees can take naps. That's insane.