Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Visiting Hours

lgheader3.png

The off duty ranger medic made her way off base, dressed casually in BDUs (sans cap, because it wouldn't fit on her hair), and a pair of boots. She left all of her weapons and medical equipment behind, she wouldn't be needing them today. And though she loved her job, she was a bit thankful for the brief respite allowed to her. After serving with the Jedi on Taris and successfully completing her first mission, she'd needed a day or so to rest and recharge. After all, it had been quite harrowing facing down hordes of rakghouls. There had, however, been one bright spot in the dark corridors that day -- a Jedi Padawan.

Inara smiled when she thought of Mathieu, the brave Jedi that she now counted as a friend. In fact, he was the first real friend she had here on Kashyyyk. She had a number of Ranger comrades, but her relationship with them was rather casual. Of course, she had a feeling that would change once they started deploying together. There was just something about battle that formed strong bonds. She'd been swept up in all of the action following their rescue effort, and had boarded a transport off Taris -- headed back to Silver Rest. It was still a blur, a flurry of moments strung together, but she felt rather proud that her first real patient had survived. She only wished that she'd been able to bid Mathieu goodbye; she hoped he made it home safely.

After a short walk, she had a small arrangement of plants in hand and a smile on her face. But that smile started to droop at the sight of the Temple. It was very impressive, but the sudden realization hit her -- this was all so very foreign.

She felt like she could get on well enough on a battlefield, but this Jedi Temple was a complete unknown. Inara had seen it from the air, she'd heard quite a lot of people talk about it, but she'd never set foot here herself. Dressed as she was, like a soldier, she felt suddenly self-conscious as she walked. Jedi dressed in heavy-looking brown robes passed, the campus was pretty busy with people moving to and fro in the afternoon sun. Though, she was indeed force sensitive -- she felt something like an intruder. It was silly and she recognized that fact, but it didn't make her feel any better.

Her boots came to a halt just outside the main entrance.

Cradling the potted plants, she turned her eyes up at the architecture. Things looked... softer here. Pristine seemed to be the right word, the surfaces here were shiny and smooth. Everything had a modern look, contrasting very strongly with the sights she was used to around the base. It even felt different here; something she couldn't quite put her finger on. A strange feeling in her gut told her to be calm, tranquil. She'd do her best to trust it.

"Hospital?" she said, to no one in particular. But then she noticed the nearby kiosk and wandered over to have a look. Inara squinted as holographic visitor information lit up, etched in blue light. "Halls of healing," she read aloud, guessing that would be her destination. There was a map displayed for a brief moment, and Inara started to turn towards a path. Was this the way? Or... was it that way? Oh dear, she was going to get quite lost at this rate.

Mathieu Brion Mathieu Brion

And once more, he was talking their ears off. Mathieu mostly like Master Rylms. The ancient Togruta liked taking his students on small little field trips and they had just now been meditating a couple of kilometres away from the Silver Rest. It had the lesson had been valuable, albeit on the more boring end of things. Rylms did, however, have the habit of wanting to share knowledge with his pupils even outside of scheduled class times and when they were travelling between the temple and the meditation grounds was the prime opportunity for precisely this.

The pack of Padawans all stayed relatively close to the red-skinned alien as he spoke of the importance of finding serenity instead of passion. It was part of the Jedi code and Master Rylms shared many wise thoughts on the topic. Literal interpretations, non-literal interpretations, different views on the word passion. In truth, it was rather interesting and the Togruta was not a bad story teller either. Still, a fair amount of them wanted a few moments of free time and relaxation after the class. Mathieu was one of those students. His gaze wandered off into the horizon - at least the Jedi temple was in sight, meaning that they wouldn't be out for too much longer.

That is when he saw the girl with the wild hair. It was hard to see from so far away but his sight was good and the silhouette was easy to recognise. While it was impossible to be sure, she looked remarkably much like Inara whom he had met on Taris. The two had separated amidst the chaos that erupted when they brought in the injured Ithorian and she had crossed his mind a few times since. He did not ponder for long before making his way to the instructor "Master Rylms, I just thought of something I need to do. Can I go on ahead?" The Master smiled as the Padawan seemed to have a more liberal interpretation of 'serenity' but he gave him a nod of approval nonetheless. And with that, Mathieu started jogging towards the Ranger medic.

He really had no idea where she was going and constantly made small course adjustments as she walked until it finally became evident that she was heading directly to the temple. And that meant that he was heading straight for the temple too. The Morellian couldn't hear her ask for the hospital, but he did see her look at the visitor's board. When he was still 10 metres away, he called out for her "Hey, Inara!" and prayed that it really was her - otherwise, he was in for a rather awkward situation as he jogged towards the figure with a beaming smile on his face.

Assuming that he had managed to identify her as Inara, he would stop a few metres away from her "Hi!" Not wearing the hazmat suits was a blessing. Mathieu was a rather affectionate person and could now freely open up his arms for a brief hug "I'm glad to see that you're alright. I couldn't find you after I dropped off that Ithorian" he said, knowing that he had stuck around for some time trying to find her.

Inara Basai Inara Basai

G5NGWCI.png
Inara blinked at the sound of someone calling her name, and she glanced in the direction of the voice to see the Mathieu. A wide smile formed on her face as he approached. “Hey, Mathieu,” she said, offering a nod of greeting – and she was caught off guard when his arms opened up to hug. But as his arms pulled her briefly against him, she put a single arm around to pat his back a couple of times before pulling back.

“I'm glad to see you, too,” she said, her cheeks coloring slightly. “Yeah – I'm really sorry about rushing off like that.” Her eyes dipped towards the ground for a moment before looking back up at him. “I had to board the transport with the Ithorian.” Of course, he understood – but she still felt a bit bad. She hadn't quite known how to reach him afterwards or if she should even try. Would that be weird? At any rate, she was happy to see that he was indeed alive and well and that there were zero rakghouls to be found here.

She held up the little planter for him to see.

“I was actually on my way to see him,” she said, brightening again. “But I don't know my way around here.” A sheepish smile found her lips, and then she realized that she had the perfect tour guide right next to her. “Could you take me to the Halls of Healing?” she looked up with a hopeful expression.

And then totally realized that he may be busy here at the temple.

“Oh! That is... if you're not busy,” Inara added quickly, her feet shuffled, unsure if they should move or stay still. “You can just point me in the right direction.”

"Hey, you prob-..." he managed to get a few words out before stopping abruptly. The two had begun their sentences at the same time and what she said matched well with what he had in mind. A knowing smile spread across his face as he pointed at her with a nod "Yeah, don't worry about it." His tone was light as he was happy to see her again. Mathieu had liked working with the new Ranger Medic and was now glad over the fact that they could work together in the future too. It would have been much harder to achieve if they didn't even have each other's contact details.

"How is he doing? Is he even alive?" he asked and was fortunately answered by her raising the planter and informed that she was going to see the alien. "A job well done then" he said before growing quiet - listening to her inquire about the hall of healing. Inara kept talking about it and even voiced the possibility for him to just point the way. Mathieu's arm shot up, pointing to the entrance to the temple "Let me be your guide, I know the way." The schedule for the remainder of the day was empty and catching up with the girl with the wild hair seemed like an excellent idea.

Little time would be spent on actually describing the way there. The Silver Rest was not really built as a maze - at least that was how he felt now that he was familiar with it. Hopefully, Inara could remember the way they took now for future reference. Almost awkwardly, he let out a chuckle "I've been taken along this path more times than I care to admit" While the times he had got seriously wounded were not that many, it was far from uncommon for him to visit the Halls of Healing to seek medical attention. The Morellian would have to hold his fingers crossed in the hopes that they wouldn't recognise him - although that seemed rather unlikely.

Walking down the corridors of the Silver Rest, Mathieu looked down to his friend "How have you been since last we met? Fighting Rakghouls can be so jarring. I haven't had time to do much but study and stuff myself."

Inara Basai Inara Basai

G5NGWCI.png
Inara's face turned rosy when he said 'a job well done,' and her shoulder drew up to her ears slightly, like she might shrink away. But, she soon relaxed when Mathieu agreed to show her the way to the halls of healing. “Good. Thank you – I appreciate it,” she said, nodding a couple of times as they set off.

“Oh yeah?” she quirked a brow, remembering how he'd mentioned once being healed here. So, it was more than once, huh. Inara was rather curious. As she glanced to the side (and up), the sun illuminated his light hair and his kind features – he didn't look like a troublemaker.

As they entered the temple, Inara's eyes widened.

“Wow,”
she murmured quietly as she looked all around. But she soon returned her attention to the Jedi Padawan as he posed her a question. “Oh, I've been alright,” she said, offering a smile. “It was a pretty crazy fight, I'll say that much.” Inara shivered at the thought of rakghouls, still amazed that she'd faced down the ghastly creatures and lived to tell the tale. She never wanted to come that close to them again – ever.

The medic side of Inara gave Matheiu a quick once-over. He looked well rested, good. She gave a small nod of approval. People needed to take care of themselves, and she'd always be there to make sure her friends and colleagues did just that.

Drawing a deep breath, she felt the same strange feeling of tranquil calm settle over her like a warm blanket. Was it like this all the time around the temple? She figured that maybe every force-sensitive had the same sensation upon walking the corridors here. It was a definite change for her, used to the rather rowdy ranger barracks.

“Do you live here at the temple?” she asked, looking up again.

She was curious about when he had been to the hall of healers before. Mathieu looked down at the girl, his eyes moving from her wild hair to her rosy cheeks and could feel his own cheeks get a light tint of their own as he let out an awkward chuckle "heh" The large Morellian remained silent for a few moments "Where do I begin? It has been anything from cuts to having been been caught a little too close to an explosive." he said, deciding to remain somewhat vague for the moment.

His face lit up in a smile as she noted that she had been alright. Inara was, after all, a ranger and he trusted that their training included how to cope with trauma and more dramatic situations. Still, he wanted to be sure that she was also clued in on what he viewed as the best help "You could always come here if you feel down. We have have many people who are very skilled in helping people deal with troubles of the mind."

Mathieu nodded eagerly "Yeah, over in that wing, over there" His voice was enthusiastic as he pointed into a corridor almost on the opposite side as where they were heading "Almost at the very end, I think I got lucky with where they placed me" he said, obviously rather content with his conditions at the temple. "It is pretty nice, the food is good and the people here are probably some of the best and most kind-hearted ones I've met in my life. We're all different, sure, but I feel like the new friends I've made here have their heart in the right place." His eyes wandered down to where her heart was before going back up - so far, she too, had seemed like a good person. "Are you looking to join our ranks?" he asked before his lips formed a slightly brighter smile "We could fumble about and figure things out together like we did on Taris"

Inara Basai Inara Basai

G5NGWCI.png
Inara listened, glancing up sidelong at Mathieu as he spoke. Cuts were understandable, but her brows arched when he mentioned being caught too close to an explosive. What were these Jedi doing with explosives? The images in her head of tranquil robed figures sitting placidly in meditation dissolved away.

She blinked softly, when he mentioned she could come to the temple if she ever felt down. True, the Rangers did have some personnel qualified to deal with issues – it was more to evaluate whether or not someone was fit for service. Being unable to cope sometimes meant being put on leave. But she would take the advice to heart, “I'll keep that in mind.” Inara puncutated her words with a warm smile.

Her eyes shifted towards the wing of the temple, where Mathieu's quarters were. Inara craned her neck to see that way, and then nodded a couple of times as she made note of it.

“Me?” she asked and then fell into a thoughtful silence for a moment. She did rather like the idea of learning more alongside Mathieu and the other Jedi, but she was still so unsure. And though she had something in common with the Jedi, she didn't know if that path was meant for her. “You know, I wouldn't mind doing some classes or training. But I don't know if I could be... a Jedi. Right now, I think I'm just a soldier.”

She was explaining it to him and maybe to herself as well, working through it as she spoke. In truth, she hadn't really considered it much yet. But her pensive expression soon brightened, and she playfully nudged Mathieu's arm with her elbow.

“That said, I would like to work together with you again,” she said, grinning. “I know you've got some pretty good skills.” And while their time on Taris hadn't exactly been... fun, she had learned that Mathieu was someone that would have her back. And she'd have his, too. "If you ever need to talk or anything or just want some company for a meal, just let me know."

Just a soldier her words bounced about in his mind. To Mathieu, not wanting to be a Jedi was unfathomable. But each person had their own preferences and from what she had said back on Taris, he was sure that she would be a great one at that. Inara seemed to have good morals and intentions so in a way, maybe it was good that she wanted to stay with the rangers. The young Morellian did not know precisely what to expect from her colleagues, but perhaps she would have a positive influence on them.

He never managed to break out of his thoughts before she nudged his arm. A smile appeared on his lips as he looked down at her elbow and then her face. It made him happy to hear that she wanted to work with him again and the glimmer in his eyes revealed just that. "I'd love to work with you again." he said, without hesitating for a moment. "Says you! Look, people like me who can swing a sword or fire a blaster, we can be found everywhere. But people who are good at saving others and soothing their pain..." he trailed off, reflecting over his own choices for a few moments before continuing "I'd say that you have some pretty good skills yourself"

The offer that came after was a most pleasant one. "I'd like that" his words carried a sense of soft enthusiasm. "I know this great place outside the Temple. They've let the local cuisine influence the food they serve, it's really good. We could grab a lunch there sometime. Just gotta find a hole between classes and training on my end and - well - whatever it is you do on your end." he sent her a curious look "Now that I'm thinking about it - what is it that you guys do when you're not out and about on missions and what-not?"

Inara Basai Inara Basai

G5NGWCI.png
As Mathieu spoke very kindly about medics and her own skills, she brought a hand up to her cheek for a moment, in hopes to partially cover the hot flush that was now very present. “Oh, I'm really nothing special,” she responded, with a quiet self-deprecating chuckle.

But Inara was relieved when the conversation moved on, and he answered amiably to her offer of some food and conversation. Her face brightened when he mentioned a place outside the temple. She'd only ever eaten at the base here on Kashyyyk, and though the menu was varied, it got boring rather fast. “Great. I'd love to try it,” she said, smiling. “It's a date, then.”

Then, Inara realized her blunder.

“Well, you know... not like a date-date,” she tried to further explain. “A friend date.” Inara said quickly, trying to steal a look to the side to gauge his reaction without actually looking at him. And she fanned herself for a moment with her hand, trying to get the rosiness to subside. Inara cleared her throat rather more loudly than she'd anticipated.

“Oh, our days start at 0600 hours sharp, and formation begins thirty minutes later. And then we do some physical training – running, lifting, you know,” she said, nodding. “Then, we move onto any training or drills or battle exercises – the officers are usually in briefings.”

Of course, she had a feeling things would be pretty different if she was ever deployed to a less established base or camp. The base at Silver Rest was home for a large majority of the rangers, but many were stationed all round silver space.

“If I had any patients in my care, I'd be looking after them,” she added with a nod.

As they entered the modern building with a sleek interior, she looked around in wonder. The entrance had an inviting sense of warmth, it didn't feel like a hospital. There were potted plants and a sense of safety here, it was nice. And after a quick glance at the holo-greeting, she gestured towards one of the hallways.

“Patient suites,” she said aloud. “This way.”

Excellent! Inara seemed to approve of the idea - which to be frank, was hers to begin with - and Mathieu was rather happy about it too. It had been a while since he had last been at the restaurant but he felt like it was a safe choice. The new Padawan often sparred with his friend Cas who had helped hone his skill in a melee over the past few months and while it may not have been often, it was not rare for the two of them to go have a bite after training.

"That it i-..." the sentence was almost complete as he was about to agree to Inara's statement. Mathieu noticed the look in her eyes and saw the sudden shift in emotions.

...Oh...

The girl fumbled. And so did Mathieu. "No no" his voice was uncertain and unconvinced. He was not sure if he would have minded if it was a date-date, but she certainly seemed to be of the opinion that it was not and he, almost instinctively went along with it. "Not a date-date." he repeated her words and nodded as she concluded that it was indeed just a friend date. "Yeah, that"

Just as Inara tried to gauge his reaction, he went silent for a bit as he tried to gauge hers. Although the Padawan was not quite as subtle in his ways and threw a few quick glances at her before quickly looking away rather than pretending to look at something else. Before too long, Inara broke the awkward silence which had been allowed to take root. The Morellian's eyebrows rose as she spoke "Yeah, that sounds like the dream." If Mathieu had full control over his path towards Knighthood, he would have loved to devote more time to training and less to meditation and classes. But then, he did trust in the Instructors and Masters and followed their guidance without complaint.

"Of course" the answer to her last line came just as they entered the Halls of Healing. Inara was familiarising herself with the locales quickly, or at least so it seemed when she pointed out which way they should go. It was obvious that the girl with the wild hair was good at figuring things out - he had seen as much on Taris. Mathieu let out a chuckle "After you then" he joked, sending her a mischievous smile and letting her guide the way. Naturally, he would intervene if she struggled.

After having asked a healer about the whereabouts of the Ithorian, it wouldn't be long until they found the right room. It had a clean interior design with many soft features and in general rather light earthy colours. The Padawan looked to Inara first and then to the patient - he was resting but as he took a few steps closer, it looked like he was doing so rather peacefully. Blankets and other items made it hard to see exactly what measures had to be taken in order to save him. Ultimately, it didn't matter. What was truly important was that the poor Tarisian had made it through.

A smile grew on his lips as he looked over to Inara "You guys did it" he spoke with a hushed voice in the hopes of not waking the sleeping Ithorian. "If it weren't for him distracting them all, I don't know what would've happened. I'm glad you managed to save him."

G5NGWCI.png
Though she wore a smile on her face, she was busy silently chiding herself for her misstep. At least, the awkward tension between them had dissipated as they walked the halls. Inara found her mind lingering on the word: date. A date-date wouldn't have been bad at all, but she hadn't wanted to make him feel awkward... but in the end, she'd accomplished just that. Still, a friend-date was better than none at all.

After they'd consulted a healer, she walked with a renewed bounce in her steps.

Peeking into the room, she was pleased to see the Ithorian resting quite comfortably. As they entered the room, she took in their surroundings. As with the visitor's area, the patient room was earthly and featured some natural light that filtered gently into the room. Yes, this would be a good place for him to recover before heading home.

Seeing that the patient was currently asleep, his breaths deep and even in slumber, Inara gently set the potted plant on the bedside table. She matched Mathieu's smile as she stepped back to his side, viewing the Ithorian from afar. “I'm glad he made it,” she whispered back. “He's a fighter, for sure.”

Inara would attribute most of the success to the patient himself. He had the will to survive, she just played the support role. Rising up on to her toes, she craned her neck to try and get a better view of his arm, the one that had previously been mangled during the rakghoul attack. “They had to remove his arm,” she said in a hushed tone, glancing up to Mathieu.

It was never easy to lose an appendage, but it was better this way. Healing would be faster and easier, and he could always have the option for a cybernetic if he wanted. Inara figured it'd be best to let the Ithorian sleep, she'd follow up with a quick holo-message to him later. Nodding towards the door, she'd lead the way out of the room. Outside in the hall, she looked up at the Jedi Padawan.

“Is there anything else I should see while I'm here?”
she asked her tour guide. After all, she still had some free time this afternoon and didn't feel like heading back to the base just yet. And she found herself wanting to spend more time with her new friend.

Inara knew more about the condition of the Ithorian than Mathieu did, so when she stood up on her toes to look at something, Mathieu bent down to see what she saw from her level. It soon became clear that the item of note was what he could not see as the alien's side had a distinct lack of an arm. A quiet "Oh" escaped him. It was sad to think of the price that had to be paid for survival - Mathieu knew that he'd be crushed if he ever lost any limbs himself. Still, he was quite capable of viewing it from an optimistic light "At least, uh, at least he's alive."

It was nice to have left him the flowers. Well, it was not Mathieu who left the flowers and he did not really play much of a part in it either. But it felt good to have visited the Ithorian anyways. It brought him a sense of closure, and for that, he was happy. His facial expressions would tell the same tale once they got our from the patient's room and closed the door.

His eyes went up as he considered what Inara might find interesting. In truth, there was much which she might find interesting but then he thought of something. Mathieu pointed down the corridor "This way" he said with a sense of eagerness whilst reaching for her wrist with his free arm. Gently taking hold of it, he took off, walking towards the Meditation hall. It was only after a few moments that he thought that, perhaps it was a little bit too forward to grab hold of her like that. In the most discrete way he could think of, the Padawan then let go of her wrist to point down the very same corridor and said "It's right down the corner"

Soon, they arrived at the Meditation Hall and Mathieu's voice quickly grew deeper and more quiet as he seemed to assume a more serious demeanour, almost as if walking around an art museum. "This is the main Meditation Hall, they have Healing Crystals of Fire in there. Looks like we're lucky, nobody else is using it" He looked at her with a smile and waved her in "Wanna try?" he asked excitedly. Once inside, the tall Morellian would kneel down on a mat directed towards the crystal and urge her to do the same.

They both knew that Inara was force sensitive and Mathieu wanted to see if she could use too. He was not an instructor of any sort. Far from it. But the former Mercenary loved stories and would happily retell them, often with his own touch - and for what they were about to do, doing something in that spirit would hopefully be sufficient.

Scooting over a little closer, he rolled up his sleeve to reveal a bruise "Okay, let's try with this" he said before letting out a chuckle "Courtesy of Cas being particularly difficult during our last practice session" With a calm tone, he continued "Do you see it? The fire in the crystal. It is said that it has an immense potential to heal a person. Filter out everything else, see the flames calmly flail within its walls. Go deeper. Close out the sounds around you. Focus on my voice. Do you see the energy? Do you feel it? Now focus on my bruise, funnel the energy to mend what is broken" He looked at her, unsure of how well it worked, but stayed quiet until she made some sort of reaction, ensuring that he wouldn't disturb her before a breakthrough.

Inara Basai Inara Basai

Inara cast a last glance at the Ithorian's door, now closed. Her attention returned to Mathieu as he mulled her question over, and then pointed down the corridor.

And gently took hold of her wrist to lead the way. She smiled, walking briskly along at his side in order to keep up with his long strides. But after traveling a short distance, his large palm released its hold on her. Inara found her arm back at her side, oddly craving the touch that was just there.

“Oh, okay,” she said with a nod, continuing on down the hallway.

As they entered a large, dimly lit room, she glanced up at Mathieu. His voice had taken on a solemn tone – and she began to understand why. This was obviously meant to be a quiet place of healing. Indeed the room was empty, save for the two of them.

“Sure,” she said, when he asked if she wanted to try... even though she had very little idea just what that meant. Inara watched as he knelt on a mat, and she copied his movements. She was suddenly aware of him moving closer, but didn't have a chance to linger on this fact, as he rolled up hi sleeve to display a bruise.

Inara's brow knitted together slightly, looking from the bruise to the crystal.

She nodded slowly when he asked if she could see the fire that burned within the crystal. The ranger medic felt peculiar sitting here, in this mystical Jedi place... but she focused, just like Mathieu said. The wavering flames had an almost hypnotic movement, but they beckoned to her... Inara's breaths grew slower and deeper the longer she looked. Soon, she was lost in the sway of the force – and Mathieu's deep tone.

The bruise came into focus – within her mind – very clearly, as if it was right before her. Inara let instinct take over. A feeling of warmth would bloom between them, their presences connected as she used the crystal's healing fire. When she opened her eyes... she didn't even remember closing them, she immediately looked at Mathieu's arm.

Inara reached for his arm and held it gently as she leaned close, in utter shock. Her fingertips gently touched the skin that had previously been marked by hues of blue and black – now miraculously healed. “Oh my gosh,” she said, smiling at Mathieu, her fingers still on his arm. “It... it worked.”

Last edited:
Mathieu was excited to see his friend succeed. It was highly unexpected, what she did. The Padawan had thought that she would struggle more and perhaps only manage to reduce it a little bit during her first try but she managed to heal it entirely. Of course, the Healing Crystal of Fire aided her, but it was still quite the feat. Looking at his own arm, he gently twisted it about a little to see it from different angles, letting his muscles twist and bend under her fingers. "Amazing" he said and let a smile form "It's gone. The bruise is all healed up"

It was a shame that she did not want to become a Jedi because Mathieu thought that she would have made been perfect for it. He looked at her, Inara had her heart at the right place, a good head on her shoulders and seemed to be rather gifted. But alas, she wanted to stay with the Rangers and that had its merits too. The Morellian stood back up again, offering her a hand unless she had stood back up herself already.

"You don't necessarily need the crystal to heal someone. It just, makes it so much easier." he said as they left the room. Their timing appeared to be fortunate, seeing as a Knight guided an injured chef into the room as they walked out. "It takes a lot of meditation and the right focus." Mathieu let out a short chuckle as he recalled their brief talk about it on Taris "I have advanced from paper-cut level to scratch level since last we talked"

Slowly wandering toward the exit that lead to the rest of the temple, he thought of something. "We have a super sweet instructor here, Old Master Gen-Nar. I think he's visiting Trandosha this week. Next time you come by, maybe we could ask if he wants to show you the ropes." The tall blonde froze for a few brief moments. Next time she comes by was a nice idea but she had not suggested it herself. Stumbling over his own words for a bit, he tried to salvage it all "uhm, you know, uh, after, ehm, after lunch"

Inara Basai Inara Basai

Beginner's luck, she thought to herself as she cast one more glance at the fiery crystals.

As Mathieu offered her a hand, Inara reached up and grasped his palm firmly and let him help her back to her feet. Her fingers lingered wrapped around his hand, just a moment longer than she'd anticipated, but soon retreated back to her side. Inara canted her head slightly as Mathieu spoke, very interested to learn that Jedi healers could do their work even without this powerful crystal. It was still a very foreign concept to the soldier. Meditation and focus? She doubted she'd find much of that at the base.

A smile grew on her lips when Mathieu mentioned that he'd advanced to healing scratches now.

Meandering towards the door, she nodded as he mentioned the possibility of coming back to learn from one of their Jedi Masters. It sounded like a good idea and she smiled, but noticed the way he seemed to tense up slightly for a moment and stammered as he mentioned lunch. Cute.

“Sounds good,” she said, her smile wide. “We'll do that.”

With that, the ranger medic raised her hand in a mock salute and bid her Jedi friend goodbye. Turning on a heel, she began to navigate the halls on her way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom