Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Visions of the Past & Future

Shoushan

S

Diaspora Europe

Tags: Aoki-Barran Mira Aoki-Barran Mira
Equipment:
Imperial Knight Battle Armor
Ancient Lightstaff
Post Number:
One

X5Yx2PB.png

A light wind blew through the Lóng Xīngzuò Gardens located within the Imperial Capital of Bastion. Although its location was far away from the formidable defenses and overly industrialized areas that supported the ever-growing Imperial War Machine. The smell of fresh grass and trees was prominent within the area as the pink pedal's adorning the tree branches gave off a rather sweet smell to attract visitors to enjoy its splendor. Overall it was a much more calming atmosphere than one would normally find within the Empire as war was engaged with the Galactic Alliance while the Brotherhood of the Maw licked its wounds and regrouped to strike back once again. Stone steps would lead down towards the lake from the small landing zone for shuttlecraft.

Small lanterns covered the pathway towards the lake for added light.

While one walked through the gardens they could feel the powerful aura of a creature nearby and the small creaking sound of a rocking chair could be heard as one made their approach towards the lake to enjoy the viewpoint. The lone occupant could be seen moving back and forth while gazing across the lake. Dressed within long golden and white robes which covered his Imperial Battle Armor underneath for protection. His long hair was tied and with a pin in it to make sure that it stayed that way.

Although the Gardens seemed to have been empty at this time save for a few maintenance workers making sure that the trees were healthy and strong enough.

The slow hand of the occupant would be visibly shaking as it reached over to a table near the rocking chair and picked up some kind of herbal tea; slowly bringing it towards his lips as the cool liquid flowed down. A staff leaned on the table; clearly belonging to the elderly occupant within the chair.

Brushing his white beard for just a moment.

His eyes wandered next to him to see the figure that had come

rainadiv2.png

The Galaxy needed more places like these. The young Half-Mirialan stepped daintily down the stone steps. This garden felt... so at home. The architecture and lamps, the gardens, all reminded her of Atrisia, her homeworld. Struck with pangs of homesickness, the woman stepped to the edges of the pool, careful not to disturb the life here. She was heavily garbed in traditional Atrisian robes. On the back of the robe, a symbol of the Pellaeonist movement in the Empire was large and visible. From the small amount of clanging heard, despite the figure's upmost grace, it would be noticable that beneath the robes, she wore her light imperial armor and had her imperial lightsaber on her belt. She wore her hair in such a manner, it covered the right side of her face. And even if someone saw through her Mirialan black locks, they would only see a bandage beneath.

The young lady gazed into the water for a long moment before bending down. She brushed her hair behind her ear as she gazed into her reflection. She gently pulled the bandage back and recoiled at the scars littering the entire right side of her face. Sadness and shame made her sigh. She closed her eyes, lifting the bandage back up and pulling her hair over it again.

She arose, turning and walking along the pool in deep thought. Regrets flooded her mind, and her aura was melancholy. It seemed that she was wrapped in the heavy, warm blankets of sorrow and depression as she focused on the water.

Now, this figure was usually very aware of her surroundings. But today was different. A Force Signature saved her as she paused, looking ahead to see that she had been moments away from crashing into the table an elderly man sipping tea.

A blush tinted her green skin. She immediately offered an Atrisian bow of respectful greetings, speaking in an embarrassed but gentle tone, "M-my apologies, sir. I was not watching my step."

Huang Shoushan

Shoushan

S

dd45gak-868f7ef6-aa4a-4737-888d-c1997b7ca106.jpg

Equipment:
Ancient Lightstaff
Post Number:
Two

X5Yx2PB.png

His gaze watched the woman dressed in traditional atrisian robes and the light sound of clanging indiciated armor. The woman's hair covered the right side of her face like she was afraid to show it off and his suspicious nature was confirmed when he could spot a bandage covering that side. More than likely from an injury that the Imperial Medical Teams could not fix with bacta treatments or other medical devices within their possessions.

Huang watched with great sadness as the woman gently pulled the bandage back and physically recoiled at the sight of the scars covering the right side of her face. She was ashamed of them and sought to hide them from the world. Deformity in Ancient Times was a way for woman to be outcasted from finding a potential mate and ridiculed by her fellow woman for such disfigurement to their otherwise undamaged form. She must have been distracted for just a brief moment as she almost ran directly into him and his table. Bringing the cup of tea closer and closer to his mouth to sip from it.

A smile formed on his face as the girl began to apologize towards him.

"It is quite alright, my friend. You are the Imperial Knight known as Mira are you not?"

He asked with a respectful tone having heard about her from his times working in the Imperial Archives.

"Forgive me for saying so, but flow of the force around you seems conflicted by some means."

He further added; seeing the force as different flows allowed him to sense if the balance was shifted. The Dark Side of the force was a rough current which spread out in all directions while the light side of the force was a single smooth current. The balance of the two was represented by both these currents appearing at the same time.

rainadiv2.png

Were her emotions so obvious?

Mira was usually so reserved. Her father had always stated that her mother was an open book, while she herself was a top security safe. Then again, Mira was very much... distressed, at this time.

Ilum still flashed before her eyes. The agony of the planet, the defiling of the crystal caves. Her fight against the Jedi so sure that the Empire was pure evil, and the shattering of her family sword.

She loathed the events, and she reviled the memories.

Externally, she managed to remain cool. Her posture was more slouched than usual, and her hair was not as perfect as usual. But she still dressed like the nobles of Serenno; and a lifetime of martial arts discipline was displayed in her posture and poise. She had circles under her exposed eye, but her expression was carefully guarded and neutral.

She looked to the kind elder, recognizing his imperial wear. She could tell he wore imperial armor beneath his robes as well. Imperial Knight. She blinked slowly, internally closed off. She was not the kind to just... open up like that. She had suffered in silence when her mother died when she was a toddler, then her aunt and uncle years later. Her family were too busy mourning their fallen for the child to bother them. She had learned to mature young. Somber yet cold, she had always handled it alone. Through martial arts, she learned discipline and dignity. She would not forsake it now, to a stranger.

Furthermore, if another imperial found out about her disgust and remorse of the Ilum battle, she could be branded a traitor. She could be exiled, cast away from her home and her sensei Jan Beroya Jan Beroya . Or even worse, she could be sentenced to hard labor, or death. She could not risk the wrath of the Empire, even with all her doubts. No. No, no he could not know.

She lifted her head, strong and stable (at least on the surface.) It would be harder convincing a Force Sensitive person, but she had to. Or even, simply give him the message that she was not to be disturbed. Still a kind person though, she would always be gentle and polite about it.

"I do appreciate the concern, sensei. But I can get by."

Huang Shoushan

Shoushan

S

Equipment:
Ancient Lightstaff
Post Number:
Three

X5Yx2PB.png

She was much more reserved than he initially perceived. Her mind was closed to suggestion and wrapped in a cloud of agony and doubt. He had personally seen many people bottle up their emotions for years trying to escape the depression of the galaxy. All that ended up doing was building over time until they finally snapped and lashed out at both friend and family around them. Back during his time as a Jedi Master within the New Jedi Order; he imparted his wisdom that their emotions should be let out in a safe space. While they could hide their feelings from their fellow jedi for a time they would not be able to hide it from the sith who could interpret emotions to an almost unhealthy degree.

He slowly got up from the rocking chair and walked over to the water's edge clutching his staff within his right hand.

"Get by? You might. However the force flowing through you does not lie. You are conflicted internally."

He lowered the staff into the water as it began to shift and ripple across the artificial lake. Various images would appear within the water in a water induced force vision.

"Look into the water's reflection and you will find out the future if you carry on suppressing your feelings."

Huang said with a somber voice as the images would shift and expand; showing current 'Aoki Mira' standing amongst various flowers to show her pure side she still had left. Everything that was once pure would now shift into darkness as the 'Dark Aoki Mira' would kill her other half and stand amongst a battlefield with tanks and dead bodies littering the ground. Once a noble sword from Serenno had been shifted into just another cog in the machine of the dark side. Fueled by anger and doubt that clouded her judgement and swore revenge against everyone and everything she once held dear.

He didn't expect her to believe in this vision but the force did not lie.

rainadiv2.png

Mira watched the waters, disturbed by what she saw. Would she truly do something like that? Then again, she not only had lashed out against her Jedi opponent on Ilum, but followed imperial orders there too - orders she despised. She turned her head away, eyes narrowing in thought. Though aside the narrowed eyes, not much body language showed. She blinked slowly, looking back to the waters where she saw those visions. Once again, she doubted her claim to her family's weapons. She closed her eyes, face somber in thought. She closed her emotions about all of this because she had to. She had to make it look like she was loyal to the Empire, unconditionally. Or else...

Was this some kind of confirmation that it was time to leave?

But if the Empire was not the way, what was? The Galactic Alliance and Silver Jedi Concord were all corrupt and fallen, just another cog in the machine of Force fueled war throughout all of history. The Empire seemed like the perfect answer to the chaos, back when she first joined. Furthermore, Mira owed her loyalty to her sensei, for saving her and giving her life new purpose after her father died. So much was still tying her here. So what was she to do? What should she believe? What should she turn to? Who should she turn to? Would Raina, unwavering in her faith in the Empire, be disappointed in her?

She did not want to become a monster. Her mission in life was peace, life, justice, mercy, and order for the Galaxy. She did not want to become some monster or tyrant in the process of fighting for that goal.

She was so confused!

She opened her eyes, gazing into the pool once again.

"Sensei," She did not meet his gaze, focusing on the pond, "How should I explain my struggles in a way that would not bring judgement upon me? What if these very feelings are... unacceptable?"

She was wording it as carefully as she could, though she hoped he would understand the heart of her question.

Regardless of her terror, she needed some form of guidance.

Huang Shoushan

Shoushan

S

Equipment:
Ancient Lightstaff
Post Number:
Four

X5Yx2PB.png

He could tell even without using the force that these visions were causing her more self doubt and internal discussion. Her pathway was uncertain because the future was always in motion. The visions seen today could turn into something totally different without a second thought. The Jedi answered the call of the force and placed their trust in it fully while the Sith desired power over the force itself. Those who walked down the grey pathway would listen to the force and trust it, but follow their own path without being directly guided.

"My young friend, you should not try and hide your true feelings from me in any way. I will hold no judgement upon you even if you're words go against the faction we serve. Words are the truest form of expression that we have and to be silenced is the cruelest form of punishment."

He said in a soft voice towards her; he wasn't going to judge her for her words even if they criticized the empire they both worked for. She needed to express herself fully if she was going to avoid turning to the dark side of the force in the future as his visions showed. He raised the staff from the artificial lake as the force vision dissipated within thin air like it never had existed in the first place.

Directing her gaze towards his eyes

rainadiv2.png

As her gaze lifted to the elder, she blinked. Her throat was tight in the fight to hold back crying. She closed her eyes again, gulping. She opened her eyes and took a step back, clearing her throat with her hand politely brought up to her mouth.

She turned and looked up to the cherry blossoms in the trees, chosing her words carefully out of habit, "My parents were both Jedi, and my father's fathers Jedi as well. My father met my mother when they were both Padawans, and through working together they fell in love and married."

She smiled as she recalled the story. Her aunt had always made this story so dreamy, "Since my mother had no way to rediscover her biological family, she was adopted into the Aoki household. My uncle and aunt were newly weds, and they eagerly took her in as my father's bride."

Her smile faded, however, as she continued, "My mother soon became pregnant with me, and she managed to get two years off from her service to the Silver Jedi, but they wanted her back afterwards. After about another year in their service, my mother was tired of her duty and wanted to be my full time mother. I was a young toddler, after all. The Silver Council asked her to complete one more mission, and..."

The memory of the message she overheard a Silver Jedi deliver to her family in the night flashed before her eyes. Despite the sorrow in her eyes, however, she remained composed, "She was slain."

She sighed, "My father was devastated. He began to doubt the Concord then. But when the Silver Jedi joined with the Sith in an alliance, he had had enough. He officially left the order then."

"My father made it his mission to find another path. To find a way to bring the Galaxy into an era of peace and stability. The republics of the galaxy could never stop evil. The Jedi could never destroy the Sith. There was endless conflict, between the same two sides, for thousands of years and beyond."

She then turned and looked to the elder. She lifted her hand and placed it over her chest as the wind gently cascaded.

"He passed that mission onto me." She moved her hand forward, opening her palm before her, "He left it to me to find the answers, if he perished before he could. And he did."

A single cherry petal fell into her hand, "I thought I found the answer when I joined the Empire..."

She clenched her fist, crushing the petal, "But after the attack on Ilum, I have been reconsidering... everything."

She closed her eyes in shame, lowering her head, "My father's sword was shattered when I fought a Jedi on that religious planet. The Empire came to defile the world and mass mine its living crystals, and I came along. Followed every order. My father's sword shattered."

She turned her head away, arm falling to her side, "Am I not worthy of his legacy? I joined the Empire looking for order and peace, justice and security. Not this... Are we demons for this? No better than the Sith we fight?"

Huang Shoushan

Shoushan

S

Equipment:
Ancient Lightstaff
Post Number:
Five

X5Yx2PB.png

Ah..there it was

The reminder of lost feelings buried deeper and deeper into her; the sudden reemergence of said feelings into the open. He listened without judgement as she began recounting the story finding some common connection with her due to his own ties as a jedi master before becoming a Knight Cleric of the Empire. He was saddened by the story to some extent as she went through so much to where she was now. All of her life had been a trial with no ending in sight. He would help her push beyond her current mental state to see the force clearer.

"You are worthy of his legacy but do not let it consume your entire being, you must forge your own path while keeping the core tenants of your father's ideals within your heart. He as always been with you in the cosmic force. You have overcome much to be where you are today and you have survived because you have a clear vision of where you want to go."

He said with a wise tone; telling her that she would follow his legacy but not let it become her entire reason for existence. She must forge her own pathway through the force using her father as a stepping stone towards her journey. While it might anger her a bit because of his suggestion to put aside his legacy and become her own person. He was ready for confrontation should she lash out.

"No faction within this galaxy is devoid of faults; otherwise the galaxy would already have peace and stability a long time ago. The people who died in the service of those factions have the same doubts running through them as you had. But they moved ahead of these doubts to protect the things they value the most in the form of family and friends."

He paused for just a brief moment to let his words sink into her brain.

"The Sith seek to corrupt the force and bend it to their will; they will burn and destroy everything within the galaxy simply because they have the power to do so. We are the guardians of the force not through following its will like the Jedi Order; but by hearing what it has to say and following our own pathway using the voice as a guide."

He further added a little bit later; trying to seperate themself from the sith by making a generalized comparison that the sith want to burn and destroy everything within this galaxy while they serve as the protectors of the force.

rainadiv2.png

Mira blinked when the man suggested she find her own path, as opposed to following her father's shadow. She... was confused. She was not doing this out of some form of duty or necessity. Her father directly told her, countless times, that he wished for her to be whatever she desired. She chose to follow his footsteps. This was what she wanted to be. She yearned to help people like he did. Stop those who would harm innocents like he did. But a peacekeeper and guardian like he did. It was all her choice.

Why would she chose anything different?

Still, despite the sensitivity of the topic at hand, she was ever calm and stable. She continued to listen to his words. As he explained that all governments had flaws, Mira frowned just a little more. Her father had been staunchly anti-government. He had been a free bird, chosing his own path. In her time training with him in her teens, she had come to realize that he was an entirely different breed than her traditional and respectful aunt and uncle. Mira was still more akin to the aunt and uncle who had cared for her in her childhood, all the times her father was away. And the Empire was all about control. In a ways, she was very different from him already. And yet, hearing that all governments had their flaws was difficult to hear. Her father had been a lone wolf, distrustful of planetary authorities and those in power. Was he right after all?

The distinction between Sith and Imperial helped; even if only a little. The Sith destroyed, the Empire kept order. And yet, here Mira was contemplating. How much should be sacrificed for order? The words of the Jedi Knight she fought on Ilum echoed in her mind. With the Empire's methods, how long until they were just as sinful? The path to hell, it seemed, was paved with good intentions.

Mira continued to look away. "Death camps, friendly fire, sacking Ilum. We can try to maintain order as much as we want, but the Empire... I simply cannot stand some of what it has done. As a Pellaeonist, I believe that the Empire can do without these, and we can pave a brighter future within. But that future is nowhere in sight. My father distrusted all governments by default. He fought alone, even while training me. Was he right?"

She looked to the elder, "Have you even heard of what happened at Ilum?"

Huang Shoushan

Shoushan

S

Equipment:
Ancient Lightstaff
Post Number:
Six

X5Yx2PB.png

Despite his expectation of hostility on the mention of a sensitive topic for the young lady in front of him. She kept her composure and remained stable enough to carry on the conversation with him in a sensible manner. He expected no less from the offspring of those two. He had happened to come across her parents during his travel through the Silver Jedi Concord on an expedition with the New Jedi Order. He had spoken to them many times before their individual deaths. She had chosen to follow in her father's footsteps due to her own choice. If that was the pathway that would lead her to the dark side of the force as shown. Than he would not alter her opinion on the matter in anyway. It was not his place to lecture others when they had made up their mind on where they wanted to proceed in life.

"I knew your father when I was a Jedi Master so long ago. I know the unwavering vision he set out to follow and it is a noble pathway. I supported your father's alternative way. However as I grow older and older; the pathway has become flawed in the sense that peace and stability can often only be accomplished by a conflict. A society without conflict will breed corruption as class systems start to form and the common people are oppressed by their leaders. In the end those peaceful societies that are formed quickly erupt into rebellion and conflict which you have sought to avoid in the first place. Becoming an endless cycle of peace then conflict and back to peace once again."

He explained in a way that she would understand. He was in no way criticizing her pathway nor her father but the very concept of peace and stability can often only be accomplished by conflict. A peaceful society will eventually breed corruption and the people will suffer endlessly. It is conflict that removes those incompetent leaders and replaces them with those with the talents to lead.

"The very concept of an 'Empire' has always been associated with certain evil's and those in power currently are following the same trend. The future is always in motion and the people doing these uncivilized deeds will get their punishment one day. One often meets their destiny on the road they take to avoid it. If you must follow the path of the lone wolf than that is your pathway but you have allies around you that will support you even against the empire that they serve."

Huang further added; moving closer to her. The future was always in motion and the people who have done evil deeds will get punished in the end for their crimes. Their destiny has been finalized as soon as they took that direction in the road of the force. Every creature within the galaxy has set foot on the wrong or right side of the force and the force will answer based upon their actions. If she wanted to walk down the road alone than that was her choice and he wasn't going to change it. But she had allies all over the place that would support her actions even against the Imperial Empire.

"Ilum was a terrible thing and it has changed the future against the empire for the worse."

He simply said not going into detail on his opinion over the ilum debate. Only saying that the future had shifted away from the empire to the worst possible outcome.

rainadiv2.png

"You... knew my father?"

Mira's voice carried the pang of emotion and curiosity. She was still very controlled and cool, but it was there. Nostalgia swept over her, making it difficult to focus on what her companion was saying.

But as he spoke about the Empire, the paths she could take, and how Ilum shaped the Empire for the worst, a small frown spread. The Empire was dark. Was her father right in walking the road of a lone Ronin? Was Mira wrong in thinking she could trust the Empire? Would Raina Demici hate her if she left? Surely, she would be branded a traitor. As the elder said, conflict was needed for peace. In order to maintain stability, one must be willing to fight for it. She had always known that, but the elder's words put it in a new light. It was an endless cycle. Could it ever be fixed?

As he not only confirmed that the imperial regime was following in the footsteps of the Sith lead order, but that Ilum was a sure sign of that dark path, she despaired. The Jedi she had met at Ilum had told her the same. How long until you became what you were fighting? Did this mean she had chosen wrong? Her eye twitched under her bandage, remembering the scars. She lifted her hand and tugged at the mask with subdued lament.

"Knowing my father, he would hate the path I chose."

She tugged and unwound the extensive wrappings that held the cloth on. She pulled the cloth off, wincing as the elder was able to gaze upon her ugliness. The symbol of her failures. She looked down to the ground, hand tightly gripping the mesh of cloth in her hand.

"I know others oppose Tarkinism as I do, but what can be done? Hide in Serenno's golden palaces as the rest of the Empire burns? You just said the Empire was falling to darkness, even if others feel the same as I."

She closed her eyes, "In joining the Empire, I did something fundamentally opposed to my father's beliefs. But he appears to be right. Following my own path, as you suggested, lead me to folly and shame."

She looked up, gazing at him in the eyes, challenging for a direct answer, "You knew him personally. You must know this is true. My father's night would recoil in my sunrise."

Huang Shoushan

Shoushan

S

Equipment:
Ancient Lightstaff
Post Number:
Seven

X5Yx2PB.png

The mention of knowing her father certainly grabbed her attention and the rush of emotions he could hear within her voice as she spoke. He watched with an eyebrow raised as she tugged at the mask around her face. The flow of the force around her was shifting back and forth as the internal struggle within herself only grew stronger and stronger with each word that was exchanged between them. She no doubt wanted to know more about her father and mother than she did now.

"I knew your father very well, although we were in opposite factions and rarely had time to interact with each other"

Huang replied with a simple gesture to confirm that he indeed had known her father but rarely had time to interact with each other due to being in opposite factions. Him the New Jedi Order and her father within the Silver Jedi Concord. Watching very intently as she tugged at the mask around her face and said that her father would hate the pathway that she had chosen for herself. The wrapping soon came off from her face as he got a proper look at her. Disgured though she may be their was still a spark of light within her to cling too.

"Your father would be disappointed; but hate is not within his heart. We cannot go through life without making mistakes otherwise we would never improve ourselves beyond what we currently are. Failure does not have to rule you; you grow and change as the years go on. I have personally been wounded during my long years but have moved forward for a brighter future"

Huang said lifting up the long sleeves of his robes to show her the many deep gashes and cuts that had occured upon his form for decades. Each scar a battlefield that he had walked and rebellious students who thought that his knowledge was for them only. He didn't look at the wounds upon his form as a failure but as a new beginning.

" I fear that you only have two options to limit Tarkinism; one being that an emperor comes to the throne and the other is you rally the moff council to your ideals.
However the problem in those would be that the triumvirs would not give up their power so easily once they acquired the taste for it."

Huang said honestly towards her; the only way to limit the advancement of Tarkinism would be for the Moff Council or the New Emperor to limit their influence over the empire as a whole. He listened with interest as she said that joining the empire was fundamentally opposed to her father's belief system. The pathway that she had chosen for herself was the wrong one according to her.

He met her gaze returning it with his own

"Your father had a unique way of looking at things; and he certainly would struggle to understand your reasoning for joining the empire. But the will of the force has led you down this pathway for a reason. If you truly feel beyond any shadow of a doubt that the empire has no place for you then you must leave it and seek out a different path."

He said; trying to answer her question as best as he could. Before turning away from her and beginning to walk along the stone pathway. If she followed him or not was up to her. But he would leave her to figure things out for herself for the time being. A wise sage knows when to let their student try new things without giving them help all the time.

rainadiv2.png

The words spoken left Mira silent. She was never the type to talk much. Even then, she felt... hushed. Silence reigned as she tried to wrap her head around this entire conversation and what her future, and the Empire's, looked like. She closed her eyes. So much confusion and dismay. Should she leave or not!? If she felt like it? But...

She opened her eyes upon hearing footsteps. He was walking away... A sudden, new question flared, and she took a step forward. Was she feeling desperate? For the first time, a more "awake" tone could be heard in her voice.

"Hold." She was still contained despite the obvious swiftness in her tone. Still quiet, yet emotional. "Did you know my mother as well?"

Huang Shoushan

Shoushan

S

Equipment:
Ancient Lightstaff
Post Number:
Eight

X5Yx2PB.png

He could sense the slow boil of emotions swirl within her trying to come up with a response to his earlier statement. Moving to walk down the stone pathway towards another location until the sound of a voice wafted into his elderly ears. He turned with a semi-stance towards Aoki-Barran Mira Aoki-Barran Mira who still sounded emotionally balanced but with a bit of quickness within her speech pattern which made it clear otherwise. Huang waited for just a brief moment until she had gotten done asking a rather similar question to before.

"I knew your mother like I knew your father. We weren't exactly close but I could see that the pair were inseparable."

He said in a rather short response back; motion for her to follow him down the pathway. A little further into the garden was a simple shack with decorations within a variety of styles native to both Atrisia and Long Xingzou. Inserting the key from his robe into the door and making his way inside to the one room chamber he called a home for the time being.

rainadiv2.png

Unsatisfied. The answer only brought further questions in her mind. Memories of her mother giggling as she washed her toddler's face fluttered in her mind. She silently fell behind the monk as he guided her to his home. Even if he did not know her well, he still knew what she was like. She needed to know.

As they approached the oriental shack, Mira felt waves os nostalgia slam into her. The simple wooden house, still adorned with decorations so similar to her own culture's, reminded her too much of her own house growing up. Her uncle and aunt's wooden cottage at the edge of a small town next to the sea.

She closed her eyes, opening them to see her aunt and uncle near her fireplace.

"Dinner will be ready in about five minutes. Do you think you can wait?"

Her uncle gruffly shrugged, nodding. From further down the house, she heard her mother's voice.

"Well, you better wait! Kenji just called, he's coming home tonight!"

The female Atrisian turned to see the Mirialan dash into the room with an excited bounce. She smiled warmly, calm as ever, "Mira, you must be more excitable than your own little girl. When is Kenji arriving? I should save some leftovers for him."

her uncle finally spoke, "It will be a blessing to see him again."

Mira opened her eyes to the present. She looked around at the completely different architecture and room shape of the master's. So similar in furnishing, yet so different... She was feeling the pangs of loneliness, for the entire family she had lost. But she looked calm and graceful as ever as she removed her footwear and entered the building.

She was silent for a moment, then asked, "My mother, who was she? I remember her some, but I never truly knew her."

Huang Shoushan

Shoushan

S

X5Yx2PB.png

He could sense that she was unsatisfied with his answer regarding her mother. Moving to rest his elderly body on a pillow and motioning for her to take the other pillow to sit upon while he would remove a small section of the floor with the force. Underneath that small section was a large stack of books within several piles. Looking through the book titles until coming across one that said "The Mira Family". Gently grabbing that book out of the pile and closing the hidden compartment back over with the small floor section.

Placing the book on the table for her to read

"Inside you will find out all about your mother and father."

He simply said as a small tea pot was ready for the both of them and he poured himself a small cup of it. Bringing it towards his elderly lips to drink from it as the cool liquid calmed him considerably. Huang knew it was not his place to tell her of her family when she had the information presented to her. Although he would not tell her as to why he had been collecting information about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom