Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Vinferalathi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Name: Vinferalathi (anagram of Vinithi + Ruferalahuín)

Designation: Sentient; Humanoid, Hybrid
Homeworld: Serpena
Language: GSB
Average height of adults: 1.69 meters
Skin color: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Hair color: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Breathes: Type I - Type II (Oxygen-Based)

Strengths:
  • Accelerated Healing ~ Unlike the Vinithi, the Vinferalathi cannot regenerate its biomass or absorb vegetation into itself. However, due to the healing properties of both its parent species, it has a higher-than-average metabolism and slightly faster regeneration of tissue. Cuts and bruises that would normally take weeks to heal would take days with the proper diet and relaxation. Fractures and tears could heal over time with minimal medical attention. However, what it cannot do it restore broken or severed limbs or flesh, and will still scar though not as much as a typical being.
  • Intoxication Resistance ~ Because of the Vinithi's immunity to standard drugs and alcohol intoxication, coupled with the Ruferalahuín's resistance to neurotoxins and contaminants, the Vinferalathi bares a strong resistance to such drugs and alcohols, and a mild resistance to neurotoxins and contaminants. However, it is not immune to any of the above.
  • Pheromonal Musk ♀ ~ Ruferalahuín all have small musk glands in their tails which emits a particular scent. Through this, other creatures and Ruferalahuín in particular can detect and identify each other. Because the Vinithi produce highly potent pheromones, much of the trait has been inherited and incorporated into the Vinferalathi.

Weaknesses:
  • Softer Bones ~ Because of its flora origins, the Vinferalathi has weaker than average bones. They are not brittle, but they cannot sustain the same kinds of impacts and pressure that a typical human or Ruferalahuín could. Minor fractures may mend in hours with if no pressure is applied.
  • Fungi & Liquid Sugar Allergies ~ Inheriting the toxicity to substances as its progenitors did, the Vinferalathi is highly allergic to natural fungi, and is intolerant of liquid sugar.
  • Forceblood Hybrid ~ Just as the Ruferalahuín have a need for the blood or meat of living beings with high midi-chlorian counts to sustain their longevity and health, so too does the Vinferalathi. The intervals when feeding is necessary are significantly increased - from 30 to roughly 75 days, lack of such sustenance along with their regular diet will lead to an almost crippled immune system and rapid human-like aging if not fed shortly upon being "starved" of such material.
  • Dark Flux ~ The Vinferalathi is born of two species that were unnatural in origin, one greatly moreso than the other. As a result of the hybrid cloning process, the Vinferalathi as a species has an immense propensity to Dark Side alignment and exibits a greater risk than normal of mental illness.
  • Infertility ~ The Vinferalathi is a purely hybridized clone and thus cannot bare offspring; not only because of its population of one but because there is simply no possible genetic combination capable of fertilizing an embryo. Due to genetic engineering, there has never been made a male variant regardless, though it would still face the same difficulty.

Distinctions: The Vinferalathi can have skin tones ranging from albino-white to peach to orange to pale moss. It's hair is indefinitely any shade between maroon and platinum, sometimes streaking in gradients rolling through one end of the spectrum to the other down its length. The eyes are always emerald green or ruby red, though heterochromia of both is moderately expected. Its pupils are bestial slits that open and close as the lighting changes. It bares two large, fluffy tails and animalistic ears atop its head. Unique, however, to the Vinferalathi, is that its tail seems to be coated in keratin-based scale like formations throughout its length that appear as soft red rose-petals with fur only emerging after the musk glands in its tips.
Average Lifespan: 260 standard years
Races: Not Applicable
Diet: Meat, Fish, Vegetation.
Communication: Vocal, Gestures, Body Language, Musk Scent, et'c

Culture: No species-specific culture.

Technology level: No species-specific technology.

General behavior: Individually based.

History: The Vinferalathi was created in labs on Serpena. It was intended to be the offspring of Circe Savan and Aynea Kottos, utilizing genetic engineering to carefully clone both parents' genetics (Vinithi and Rufie) into a single living being. After several experiments on different eggs, one finally stabilized. This embryo will be/was placed in Aynea where it would grow at an accelerated rate and birth in just over one season.

Dev Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/17765-the-grander-experiment/

Notable Player-Characters: @[member="Saera Kottos"]
Intent: Species Submission for Circe's and Aynea's surrogate hybrid-clone baby. Anyone is welcomed to replicate the hybridization process provided they have the right skills, equipment and donors. You just need a Fire-race Ruferalahuin and any Vinithi or Half Vinithi.

@[member="Ayña Kottos"]
Though I like the idea, not even half of this is completed. I want General Behavior, Tech level, and the History extended more. Also, I believe you misplaced "Softer Bones" as I believe those would be better suited as a Weakness and not a Strength.

@Me when done.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Darth Arcis"] Ah, yes, I did. Thank you.
As for the n/a's, they're blank because it is a genetically engineered clone. There is only one in existence right now. I mean... I wouldn't know what to put, it doesn't have its own tech or culture. Also, I'm just gonna WIP this while we continue the thread so I can expand the history off of that, is that alright?

@[member="Ayña Kottos"]
This is perfectly fine with me. All I request is that you complete this thread in a timely matter, tag me when it's finished, and let me take a gander at the thread upon completion.

@[member="Ayña Kottos"]
Thanks for fulfilling the dev thread! Sorry for the wait as well, I didn't notice that I had been tagged and I rarely patrol this Factory section anyways :p

Everything checks out to me, but I have one more question. This species sub is for an individual PC, how can this be stretched to allow the rest of SWRP: Chaos to have the capability of creating a character of this species?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Darth Arcis"] They could and are welcomed to use the same hybrid cloning process to merge the DNA of a Ruferalahuin and a Vinithi provided they have the right equipment and skills... but that would require having a Vinithi and a Ruferalahuin; something I doubt anyone is ever going to do or have any interest in doing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom