Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Victory IV-class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanomas Graf

T
vsd49-1024x640.jpg

Alternate Profiles:
vsd50-1024x768.jpg

vsd53-1024x768.jpg

Image Source: Here.
Affiliation: The Imperial Remnant
Manufacturer: The Imperial Remnant, Imperial Elite Shipyards
Model: Victory-class
Modularity: No.
Production: Mass Produced
Material:

• Quadranium-lined Durasteel Hull
  • Titanium-reinforced Alusteel Frame
  • Transparisteel Viewports
  • Turadium Blast Doors/Shutters
Classification: Heavy Cruisr

Length: 900 meters
Width: 450 meters
Height: 270 meters

Armament: 16

• x10 Quad Turbolaser Batteries
    5 port
  • 5 starboard

[*]x20 Long Range Turbolasers
  • 5 fore
  • 7 port
  • 7 starboard
  • 1 aft

[*]​x20 Long Range Ion Cannons
  • ​10 fore
  • 5 port
  • 5 starboard

[*]x40 Concussion Missile Launchers
  • 10 fore
  • 12 port
  • 12 starboard
  • 6 aft

[*]x20 Point Defense Laser Cannons
  • 10 port
  • 10 starboard

[*]x10 Anti-Missile Octets
  • 5 fore
  • 5 aft

Defenses: 12
  • Reinforced Hull
  • Standard Warship Deflector Shields
  • EWAR
Hangar:
  • ​x2 squadrons of fighters (loadout dependent on captain)
Special Features:
  • ​Warship Ion Drives
  • Warship Hazard and Damage Control Systems
  • Warship Life Support Systems
  • Warship Navigational Systems
  • Warship Sensors and Targeting Systems
  • Warship Communications Systems
  • Warship Environmental Control Systems
  • Warship Tractor Beams
  • Warship Escape Pods
  • Holonet Transceiver and Encryption/Decryption Networks
Maneuverability Rating: 16
Speed Rating: 14
Hyperdrive Class: 2.0

Strengths:

• Heavy Weaponry: With dozens of heavy turbolasers, this ship can take other cruisers down with ease, its large amount of concussion missile launchers able to shred shields to nothing.
  • Excellent Shielding: While the shielding is nothing to write home about, it can certainly withstand what other ships of its class can throw at it.
  • Good Hangar Space: The large hangar of the Victory can hold exactly twenty-four fighters, for a total of two squadrons, allowing it to combat enemy snubfighters.
Weaknesses:
  • Slow Maneuvering: To coincide with it's lack of aft weaponry, the Victory is rather slow when it comes to angling itself, requiring fighters to cover it.
  • Lack of Aft Weaponry: The Victory IV-class only has five concussion missile launchers and five anti-missile octets on its aft section.
Description: The Victory line of ships has proven to be reliable time and time again after the large amount of success with the Victory II and I classes, serving the Galactic Empire and its descendents dutifully for decades. But after eight hundred years of service the line is becoming stale, yet still powerful, with each passing year. The Imperial Remnant, desiring a powerful ship for them to field while still in their infacy, took aspects from both predecessors of the Victory class to create a new model with top of the line equipment, the Victory IV-class Star Destroyer.

The Victory IV-class Star Destroyer combines the heavy weaponry of the Victory I with the fast speed of the Victory II, for a complete package of destruction. Featuring dozens of turbolasers, ions cannons, and forty concussion missile launchers, as well as numerous defensive emplacements including an electronic warfare device strong enough to jam the communications of a single enemy vessel of the same size or multiple smaller ships, the Victory IV alone can match the firepower of any ship of its size, perhaps even weak star destroyers. In groups the Victory IV dominates the battlefield.

Surprisingly, the Victory IV had enough space left after installing all of the weapon system to fit two whole squadrons of fighters, ready to sweep the ship and take out enemy starfighters. Unfortunetly, the Victory has two fatal flaws that could really turn the tide of battle should an enemy properly exploit it; The aft section of this cruiser-sized star destroyer is near defenseless with only a few turbolasers and anti-starfighter defenses remaining, this coincides frighteningly well with the destroyer's inability to maneuver fast enough to compensate.

But the cruiser as is is powerful enough for the Imperial Remnant to focus all of its efforts on mass producing it to fill its growing starfleet, and to defend it from the threads of the Outer Rim and beyond.

Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/100843-the-empire-strikes-back-imperial-remnant-others-pm-to-join/
Intent: To create the main vessel of the currently fledgling Imperial Remnant
Who Can Use This: The Imperial Remnant
Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_I-class_Star_Destroyer

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Tanomas Graf

T
It's pure fluff [member="Gir Quee"]. I rationalize it by saying a warship such as this deserves better damage control and targeting systems than your run-of-the-mill vessel, but also since the speed rating is lower than usually I figured "Advanced" Ion Drives would make sense.

[member="Tanomas Graf"], I'm generally pretty hesitant to stamp something with vague advantages attached to it, mostly because I've seen instances of people using that to write-in advantages for certain situations as they feel like it.

For example, someone could interpret (or stretch) "advanced sensors and targeting systems" to mean that they can ignore sensor jamming, attack fast-moving starfighters, make almost ludicrously long shots, or detect cloaked ships. For that reason, I'd like to see such advantages as being explicitly defined in order to ensure that everyone is on the same page of understanding this ship's capabilities.

If that's purely fluff, I'd recommend removing "advanced" as a prefix from the special feature's list, and then noting that it has "top-of-the-line" equipment within the description itself.

Tanomas Graf

T
Tanomas Graf said:
as well as numerous defensive emplacements including an electronic warfare device strong enough to jam the communications of a single enemy vessel of the same size or multiple smaller ships,
Edited this in for detail, [member="Gir Quee"].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom