Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veteran writer, new to the site

Thank you both, I was referred here by a fellow writer who stumbled across the site. After spending so long where I was writing before, I forgot there were options. This place looks fantastic, through and through!

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Alena"] Reckar

Lemme see if I can whip up our current factions in a nutshell:

Republic - Huge, but it's losing/lost the war against the One Sith
One Sith - NPC Dark Lord, huge member base
Omega Protectorate - Neutral-to-good, highly militaristic
Fringe - Chaotic, quasi-democratic semi-dictatorship, neutral-to-evil
Mandalorians - Disunited but large member base
ACA - Corporate/vaguely imperial neutral-to-evil, lots of territory but pretty sleepy
Black Sun - Very sleepy
Red Ravens - The new kids on the block, pretty active, lots of organized and disorganized crime, good-sized member base comparable to a lot of more powerful factions
The Primeval - Edge-of-the-galaxy nomad fanatics, new but story-rich, pretty cool
Levantine Sanctum - Think the Independents from Firefly and you're not far off. Free space patrolled by folks from various mostly-independent planets...some of which happen to be rich and have some very nice tech. Neutral-to-good. (Full disclosure, I'm Levantine.)
Silver Jedi Order - A splinter Jedi group that controls territory and follows its own interpretation of the Code.
Ession Reformation - See Silver Jedi Order. Very Army-of-Light-ish.
Imperial Remnant - Fairly sleepy.
Shadow Dynasty - Another Imperial splinter group, got a bit of life in it.

There are also some important minor factions. Off the top of my head, let's see...
Tion Hegemony - Alliance of major corporations, some of whom are controlled by Darksiders behind the scenes. Not friendly with SJO, but does business with everyone.
The Rebel Alliance - Exactly what it says on the tin, plus some quasi-Marxist leanings.
The Beast Hunters Guild - You need critters? They deliver.
The Underground - Another rebel group, with an emphasis on gunrunning and heists. If the Rebel Alliance is a faction full of Mon Mothma and Wedge Antilles, the Underground is a faction full of Han Solo and Lando Calrissian.
The Jedi Academy - Just getting off the ground, an alliance of Jedi training sites across the galaxy.
The Empire of Panatha - a heavily dictatorial star cluster inside Fringe space.
The Republic of Kaeshana - elven feminazis inside Omega Protectorate space.
There are more that are escaping me at the moment -- anyone can make a minor faction, and any minor faction can become a major faction. All it takes is a good idea and some work. :) Welcome aboard.

[member="Shule Windspeaker"]: First, I was going to ask how you tag people in posts, but then I figured it out. lol

Second, that's a great list of faction descriptions. I'll be saving that for reference. Alena's starting off as the heir to a long-since-dissolved paramilitary organization lead by her ancestors who's on a binge of alcohol and resentment over never having achieved as much as her passed relatives. Sounds like the Underground is a perfect place to start. Though she also identifies as Mando'ad, so would I be right to assume that multiple factions can be joined? (As long as they don't directly conflict one another, because I think that would be a bit silly)

[member="Niamh Raste"]: Sound crazy, definitely not. ;)
2001, that's a long time. I was still watching and rewatching SW on VHS back then.

Welcome!

I've been writing SW since 2001 and joined this community on my own last year. Took a little while to get settled in, but it's been very good to me so far!

(I admit I copped out and retconned some old characters to fit here, whilst making a handful of new ones :) )

[member="Niamh Raste"]: I got a hold of the fancy blue-boxed set of the trilogy from the 90's, with all the fan pieces and the "Making Of" film. And then I remembered VHS players don't exist anymore as far as I'm concerned. Luckily the set was free and serves as a good book end! :D

[member="Shule Windspeaker"]: Thank you, I look forward to getting to know you folks.

@Raziel: I wouldn't call that copping out at all. I know how hard it is to get rid of an old character. I've got one in my pocket I'll be pulling out eventually. But that won't be for a while. :)

[member="Anastasia Rade"]: Thanks! I like all the pink. :D

[member="Niamh Raste"]: That's a confession if I ever heard one. I decided to start building my own collection a while back. So far I've added the Millenium Falcon, AT-TE, X-Wing, AT-AT and Snowspeeder (Of course the snowspeeder's hatch was removed and the AT-TE is stepping on it. lol)

[member="Alena"]
Awesome! The biggest set I have is the TIE-Defender. And an A-wing to chase it. Mostly I have the smaller sets, but I have quite a few of those. Back in the day I had the original B-wing set, but I was a kid and took it apart to build other things. >.<

[member="Niamh Raste"]: I focused on the bigger sets because I had decent places to put them up. There are cubbies on either side of the fireplace where I live, so they sit in there on either side. Once I have some way to string them up, smaller spaceship sets are on my list!

I know what you mean about disassembly, I have a blast putting them together, then once they are I'm like "Okay, gotta leave them alone now." It's such a stark contrast to when I was a child, I never wanted to build what the set was meant for. It's weird to think about and I feel paralyzed because they just SIT there now! Haha

WELCOME TO THE ASYLUM WE HAVE FUN AND GAMES!!!!

......What do you mean thats not what the que card says?

I mean what. I'm not crazy, you're crazy. ESPECIALLY YOU NAPPA

I don't know where I get this either. WELCOME TO THE SITE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom