Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very hostile takeover

Vince Avery

V
Concordia/Beskar mining operation
17:43 Local time
Death_Watch_Hideout.png

Prince had been working as a mercenary for a while now. And working alone suited him just fine. Sure he didn't have an issue rolling with a crew as long as they didn't get in the way, but recently he had found himself to be a bit overwhelmed. The Black Sun paid well. Very well. But it was still too much work for him alone. So he figured setting up his own mercenary company for them or anyone else to employ will not only take a weight off his shoulders, but will also bring in a very handsome profit. Given his current relations with the blueberry top dog he might also serve as a frontline force for the Black Sun. Shock troopers of some sort...and what better type of shock troopers are there other than Mandalorians?

He knew better than to try and hire actual Mandalorians for this. They were too busy fighting a war with the Sith to work as mercenaries now. But that didn't mean he couldn't still use Mandalorian gear and weapons to outfit his little company. Besides, they might even become Mandalorians once he's done with them. He might be a cold-blooded killer, but he was still Mandalorian. Having a company capable of going head to head with the Sith might just be something they needed.

The first step was to secure a mining facility on Concordia, Mandalore's moon. Securing this facility meant that they had both a means to acquire the valuable Mandalorian Iron, as well as a way to manufacture the armour. This facility also had records of illegal operations or something like that so perhaps he might be doing Mandalore a favour getting rid of these suits.

With his black and yellow armour and twin heavy blasters he led the way with his companions following suit. He dropped his yellow poncho over his armour to cover up his weapons as he walked along the dirt road to the main facility's elevator. "Remember, first try to get that signature and fingerprint through peaceful means. If that doesn't work, just blow their heads off and we take the facility the old fashioned way." he explained to his companions. By the elevator they were stopped by a security guard. "Hold up. Do you have an appointment with the boss?" he asked Prince and his squad. Prince eyed the man for a good few seconds. "Not exactly, but we got an offer they might wanna see." he finally said in a deceptively calm voice. The man looked at him then to his companions. "Weapons stay by the door...including those fancy wrist gadgets, Mandalorian." he said, holding his hand out to take the items. Prince gave a slow shake of his head. "Forget it, friend." he said with a chuckle. Unsurprisingly the guard looked quite angry. "Then get lost." he said coldly, reaching for his pistol.

Prince smiled from ear to ear, chuckling as he looked at his group then at the guard. In a flash a pistol was raised and pressed against the guard's chest. Before he had a chance to register, Prince blew a hole through his chest and watched him slump down against the wall behind him. "That's enough of that." he said calmly as his pistol was holstered. A few seconds later the alarm was raised and the commlink blinked on the dead guard's person. On the other side another guard was asking for a report on the blaster shot. "Do any of you droids have a fancy vocabulator to answer that? Or are we doing this the hard way?" he asked with a slight tone of irritation.

The fact that this mess was his fault wasn't lost on him.

Bronze and grey glinted dully in the sunlight as the numerous red sensors on the cylinder that served as the droids head. It spun lazily as the main photoreceptors locked onto the one leading the group of mercenaries. IG-65A preferred to work as part of a group, despite his open disdain for Organics, this was largely due to finding that the inferior beings served well as meat shields. They also made a good face for a group of Bounty Hunters or Mercenaries due to other Organics being far more comfortable speaking to their own kind, no doubt due to being faced with the superiority of a free willed Droid being terrifying to them. The current inferior sentient leading the party was a Mandalorian called Prince Wren. Alpha had worked with this mercenary in the past and found him quite adequate at his job, as such he had bothered to recall his name. The list of non-droids that he cared enough about to recall their names was few such as Xiann, the young engineer who he trusted enough to perform the maintenance he required. There where other important beings that he didn’t currently care enough about to learn the name of, such as the Blue Boss of the Black Sun Gangsters.

When they reached the guard who stupidly asked for them to hand over their weapons Alpha remained quiet, professional enough to follow Prince’s lead, but he had absolutely no intention of handing over anything. Luckily Prince did exactly what Alpha wanted to do himself and just shot the idiot.

As the alarms went off IG-65A stepped past Prince even as he spoke. Reaching down he tore the commlink free and held it up to his vocabulator. When he spoke it was in the voice of the now dead man. “Yeah?” he drawled in the same lazy tone the deceased meatbag had used.

“The sensors reported an energy flare, what’s fragging going on up there?” demanded an impatient, and very annoyed sounding, individual.

“Just one of those damned beasts getting too close to the perimeter as usual. By the way there’s a few folks here, they’ve an appointment to see the boss. Checked them out and it all clears out. Even give me a hand chasing the beasties off.” he assured the stranger. He didn’t see the point in lying completely about their presence, Mining Operations where typically well defended in his experience, or at least, well monitored.

The line clicked as it went dead for a few moments before it came back. “Alright as long as it checks out. Make sure they’ve handed their weapons in as usual.”

“Obviously, I know what I’m fragging doing.”

“Right, whatever. Get back to work.” sighed whoever was on the other side of the commlink and the line went quiet. The alarm seemed to be shut off a few seconds later.

Turning look at Prince Alpha. “Statement: Very unprofessional, no demand for identification codes.” he stated disdainfully in his own robotic tones before asking “Query: Will that suffice?”

Even as he spoke he was syncing the commlink up with his own integrated communications incase they needed to make any more fake calls.

“Declaration: The fabrication will buy us a limited respite.” he added throwing the now useless commlink back onto the corpse and clicking the safety of his sniper rifle. “I believe we should simply kill our way in but I will follow your lead.”

Death was always easier.

5U-K5 followed behind the apparent leader and another droid he was working with. As they walked he glanced around taking note of any guards and hardwired weaponry, there were some but not many out here. Unsurprising as this was suppose to a be a legitimate operation, too much security could call unwanted attention. Perhaps these meatbags were smarter than the average.

The droid leaned around their leader slightly as the guard at the gate demanded them to disarm, to which he recieved a new hole as thanks for his concern. Not so smart then. When the alarms blared he stepped forward and search for the panel that would open the gate. Once found he tore the cover off, found the compatable node and inserted his scomp link which began spinning immediately. The IG unit spoke into the commlink and managed to convince the forces inside to turn off the alarms. "That was easy, even for organics. But since I'm here..." The scomp link rotated again as he shifted from the alarm system to the rest of security.

As he searched he found several weapon detection units, all the door locks and security codes. Time to turn them to their favour, starting with the security codes, he scrambled all the ones that were currently there and added one more as an override code that would allow the group to pass through any system easily. Next, the doors. Using the security layout he locked all the doors leading the heavily populated areas and released all the locks upto the Bosses room. Now the Weapon detectors, while he didn't care about being detected, it seems their leader did, so he should do something with them. It was tricky and managed to electrocute himself twice, but all the detectors were set into a diagnostics cycle, leaving them useless for the next few hours. Finally he turned his attention to the door infront of them, an easy task for a droid of his prowess.

He put the command to open the door slowly on a timer as he unplugged from the panel and turned to his companions. He reached under his poncho like covering and removed a disk from his reader socket, placing it with another. He handed the disk over to Prince, "This code will override any lock you we come across." At the same time he transmitted the code to IG-65A. Returning to face the door as the timed command started to open the door. He was taken aback for a second when the door stopped after only moving a few inches before suddenly slamming fully open and impacting the wall behind them. "Their systems must be faulty."

OOC: So you know. If you use the security code, it will unlock every door in the facility. And if we go through the weapon detectors they will short circuit. Yay for malfunctioning slicer protocols.

Their little entrance was dramatic, to say the least. It seems like Prince decided to go for a more direct approach, although thankfully one of the droids they took along seemed capable enough in recovering their cover. "I doubt that will work a second time though," Gad said, in response to the actions of the IG droid. He readied his blaster carbine to ready it. "What about getting-" he was interrupted as soon as the other droid got to work on their security. It seemed like it had some trouble but managed to get through anyway.

"Well, nevermind then," He remarked about his last question, as K5 seemed to be able to produce a skeleton key after just a few moments within their system. "Are you sure they don't just want you think it's faulty?" He asked, somewhat sarcastically. Now that he thought about it was weird that such an important facility, with such tight security, could be sliced into so easily. It also made him wonder if they even honestly took the IG droid's response. There was no point speculating in circles though. He just had to be aware of his environment.

"They'll be onto us quickly if they see armed men inside, so we better hurry."

Vince Avery

V
Prince stood still beside the droids and the Elomin, his calm blue eyes watching them go to work. The assassin droid quickly sorted out the guard while the commando droid rigged something up with the systems. He might be bringing these droids along a bit more. They certainly knew how to get things done.

He was handed a card by the commando droid to bypass any locks and gave a small nod. The assassin droid spoke up next. Prince looked at him for a second before talking, "That will suffice. And don't worry. I have a feeling that this might get hot soon enough." he said, checking his pistol over. The Elomin gave his input next. "I'm counting on it. Job would be boring if there wasn't some gunfire." he commented with a shrug. "Besides, I've never met a miner that liked doin' stuff the easy way." he finished, turning to the elevator and entering it. He stood in the elevator to the side, making some room for his companions. He hid his gear under his poncho again to keep eyes off him but that didn't exactly matter in this moment. Not with two droids and a reptilian assassin all armed to the teeth.

In the mine he led the way through a security gate and sure enough, the scanners distorted and cut out as they walked through. Not stopping Prince pressed forward through the facility. Workers rushed all over and conveyor belts fed the precious Mandalorian iron into a system to extract it from the rocks. Another machine processed and worked the metal to strengthen it and finally there was the machines cranking out Beskar'gam. It will do perfectly, especially for a small-time merc group. Prince found the route to the manager's office...and naturally they were stopped again. This guard wasn't alone, unfortunately, as a few more armed guards from all around approached with weapons in hand. Prince came to a halt and motioned for his group to stop as well. "You going somewhere?" the one in front asked. "I'd like to speak with your manager." Prince said in a smug tone, a sarcastic smile stretching across his lips behind his helmet. "What for?" he asked flatly, not amused in the slightest by the Mandalorian's response.

Prince gave a sigh. "This is taking too long." he mumbled and looked behind him, giving the two trigger happy droids a nod while simultaneously drawing both pistols and lobbing two bolts into the lead guard's chest. He calmly holstered his two pistols again as he waited for his companions to finish off the guards. "Gad, go find the surveillance room and clear it out. K5, help him and make sure an alarm doesn't get sounded. Alpha, on me." he quickly ordered then slotted K5's card into the lock to unlock the door. Inside was an old man looking very terrified for his life. In his hand was a small holdout pistol, shaking violently. "Hello, sir. Mind if we sit down?" he asked and seated himself in front of the man's desk with a pistol pointed right at him. "I got a business proposition for ya."

“Answer: Acceptable.” IG-65 replied to the promise of upcoming slaughter, or at least that’s how the droid chose to interpret Prince’s words. Not bothering to hide his weapons, not that there was anywhere to put the rather large sniper rifle or the two heavy blasters he also carried with him. Not that Alpha was concerned, he wanted to be found out so they could just skip to the inevitable murder-spree that he believed that their leader would without a doubt lead them to with his unsubtle methods.

He wasn’t bad for an Organic.

Not turning to speak to the lizard meatbag, there was no need when one could see 360 degrees at all time, IG replied to him. “Indignant Response: The system is clearly faulty. Poor programming. 5U-K5 could not have made any mistake with his slicing protocols. We are Droids, not flawed sacks of fluid.”

Following silently IG made a soft buzzing sound that passed for his version of making a sound of pondering aloud. “Query: Can this Beskar material be made into plating?” he asked, the extent of the Droid’s knowledge of this apparently Mandalorian controlled material was that it was used for armour and so rare that new generations of Mandalorian warriors reforged the armour of former generations to fit them. His head canister swivelled a few times as he realised that this area must be worth a complete fortune.

As they became intercepted by a security patrol IG’s response came as soon as Prince give the command. The sniper rifle came up, held in one hand as if weightless, and blasted a hole straight through the head of one of the guards whilst his left hand drew a heavy blaster and emptied five round into the chest of another.

There was still one more guard but, feeling generous, Alpha left him for 5U-K5 and holstered his blaster.

Once the orders were given to split up IG hesitated for a moment, he’d have preferred to go with his robotic partner but at least the meatbag he was going with seemed prone to unneeded acts of violence. Walking alongside the man, keeping a few photoreceptor locked onto him while the others watched all other directions as they entered the room with the scared old man.

As Prince took his seat IG-65A stepped up to stand beside the old man, a blade sliding out of his left wrist which he pressed the tip, lightly, against the terrified meatbag’s neck. “Veiled Threat: I believe it would be quite wise to give the proposal your attention.”

"Roger that. Good luck with the negotiations." He remarked, as he set out with K5.

"You have another one of those skeleton keys on you, we might need it to get into security," he said to the droid. He wasn't sure if they were going to surrender or not. There were two doors stopping visitors to the security room. He and K5 would need to get through both. If they were able to get through quickly they might be able to catch the enemy off-guard.

Once they arrived to the first door, he blasted the camera and motioned to K5. "Do your thing." Once he was through he immediately stepped in and gave space for K5 to follow. A human turned toward them with a gun raised, and Gad disintegrated his lower abdomen with his Carbine. No armor?

There were three others in the room; a Quarren, a Wookie, and a Dug. All of whom had weapons and dove for cover or started firing at the two intruders. Gad estimated the Wookie to be the biggest threat, so he fired at him first. Only to get a near miss from a vibro-axe, as the Dug dover over his cover and came at him swinging. "Kriffing...!" The dug knocked away his carbine, forcing Gad to try to wrestle the axe from him. Gad resorted to head-butting him before taking the axe away from him. His work got him a fist--or foot, depending on how you look at it--to the face.

Gad spat in his opponent's face pushed him away and swung the axe overhead onto his victim. The Dug blocked with his arm, the axe sticking into his arm. Gad pulled out his blaster and shot the Dug with the space he had bought with the axe swing.

[member="IG-65A"] | [member="Prince Wren"] | [member="5U-K5"]​

K5 nodded as the mission leader split the group for seperate objectives. He turned and followed behing the Elomin, "I have a copy of the code stored, but limited datadisks. If we have to seperate I'll give you one." As they approached the doors he opened them in turn until they came to an occupied room.

His new companion thought it would be a good idea to dive in and start wrestling with one with a vibro-axe. While they wrestled over the useless weapon, K5 simply shot the other people in the room. They didn't seem to be wearing any armour, so there torsos just fried. Turning back to the ongoing fight he stood and watched until his companion dinally won, "You done having fun yet? Do you know which way we go now, or do you want to take a breather?"

[member="Gad Calgaran"] [member="IG-65A"] [member="Prince Wren"]

Vince Avery

V
He could faintly hear blaster shots through the walls. A smirk spread behind his T-visor. Seems he picked a good team for this operation. "Wh-wha-what do you want?" the old man stammered out, dropping the gun and leaning back to try and get away from the assassin droid's blade. "Simple. I want this establishment along with all its assets." he said flatly. Unsurprisingly the man looked very confused. "...you want the mine?" he asked, the fear in his voice breaking slightly with confusion. Prince slowly nodded.

The man straightened out a bit, clearly thinking that this was going to be an actual business deal. "Well...uhh...in that case I think we can talk business. Are the weapons necessary, though?" he asked as he gestured to Prince's gun and Alpha's blade against his throat. "Yes, they are. And I don't think you're understanding the situation. You ain't getting spit out of this deal, so you can lose the chipper attitude real quickly." Prince explained coldly. "I want this mine and the facilities to produce armour. If I could kill you and take it I would, but I can't. So I need your signature on a document to sign it over." he continued, leaning forward to get closer to the man. It seemed that the old fool still thought he had a say in this as he faced Prince fully. "If that's the case then you need me alive. And what makes you think I'll simply sign it over?" he asked sternly, getting some backbone in the situation.

Prince looked up at Alpha. "Alpha, seeing as you're the convenient pain train here why don't you make our friend here more...compliant?" he asked with an eerily happy tone in his voice.

While this was all going on, a small group of guards heard the commotion in the room with Gad and K5, and decided to go investigate...

[member="5U-K5"] [member="Gad Calgaran"] [member="IG-65A"]

"Drop the superiority act," he said to K5 while putting his blaster pistol away and getting himself up. "Next time someone comes at me with a vibro-axe, I'll step aside and let you take one for the team." Gad was more than a bit grumpy but that was mainly because of the adrenaline. He picked up his carbine and then turned to K5 to answer his question.

"Looks like this is the unofficial break room from the look of things," he said, as he looked around, spotting the entertainment console and a couple of snacks and drinks laying around. "Like I said, we've got one more door before the security room," he finished by pointing to the room on the far side. It probably stood to reason that the ones on the other side of the door heard the commotion and would be getting ready.

Gad just let him get to work on the next door, which was far more secure than the previous one. It seemed like they had a droid on the other side actively working against them this time too. Before the door could be opened, a panel opened one of the walls within the "break room" to the side, revealing a pair of combat droids that were packed away behind the panels. Gad immediately turned to fire at one of them as it climbed out of it's recess. He was able to do some major damage but at most could only disarm it. After which it started shielding it's partner, blocking any shots Gad was able to throw it's way. They were persistent and armored, meaning they would take a little while to put down properly.

He took some cover as the other droid, still armed, started to return fire. He pulled out an object from within his pack, activated it and tossed it a little past the pair, toward a far corner of the room. It exploded with a sharp bang. Both droids popped and sizzled, ceasing all functions before falling over. Luckily K5 was just outside of the grenade's range. Gad readied himself, "You're taking point next," He said, readying his blaster carbine.

[member="Prince Wren"] | [member="5U-K5"] | [member="IG-65A"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom