Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verres Trading Co

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
2edunv9.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Corporation Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Verres Trading Co.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Headquarters:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Amar[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Locations:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Verres Trading Co is located primarily on Amar, but Zarro Verres is perfectly comfortable with making trades no matter where he might be.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Operations:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Verres Trading Co. primarily deals in animal trades, however the company tends to employ a bartering form of economics, accepting favors and items instead of money, of course, such things must be of equal value or more to the item being sold. However, the trading company has yet to earn anything of true value such as phrik and holocrons.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Rationale:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] The Verres Trading Co. was created at the beginning of the Ghulagh plague and was one of the few Amaran Markets to survive the economic collapse. Eventually, the Verres family grew to a large level of prestige which then led to Zarro’s control of the company.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] Tier: [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Verres Trading Co. has managed to reach a tier 2 level despite their localized area.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Description:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Verres trading started out as a simple peddler who managed to make his way in the mercantile system of his planet by tricks of the trade, and smart thinking. Starting at first with the common beast trade, the first Verres managed to be rather successful in his business until the Ghulagh plague finally lowered the need for simple animals. Moving on to trade with more objects, the Amaran increased his wares to whatever else he could gain by trading with other merchants. Eventually, his adaptation allowed him to outlast his economic rivals and create a standing company which has now survived to stand under the administration of Zarro Verres. Keeping with the bartering system, the Verres Trading Company is known to hole a wide array of objects, though it keeps its specialization in the animal trade. So far, the largest change in the Verres Trading Co under Zarro Verres is the decision to move on to other systems and set up shop there.[/SIZE]

Zarro Verres said:
the company tends to employ a bartering form of economics, accepting favors and items instead of money
@[member='Zarro Verres']

This is incredibly ill-advised, as there is little doubt that the vast majority of other companies and service providers in the galaxy deal only in currency. Accepting bartered items and favors may sound like a good idea to get cool stuff, but you lose the ability to spend money. You're still welcome to run your company however you want.

I'll approve this when you get back to me.

Vulps

CEO of Verres Trading
[member="Darth Janus"]

It also opens up market to people who don't exactly have money but may have something of value. I see your point and thought quite a bit of it myself. However, a proper business that deals with bartering should be able to know when to sell his bartered goods for money, and put a hiatus on bartering trades. Trading often comprises of compromises and risks. This is a risk I'll take if ya don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom