Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vereshin's Pocket Watch

Vereshin

V
tfScpWR.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: A personal amulet allowing Vereshin to practice time distortion on a small scale.
Image Source: Link
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: Thread
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Name: Vereshin’s Pocket Watch
Manufacturer: Vereshin, [member="Darth Abyss"]
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Vereshin
Modularity: The range of the spell can be altered through written formula.
Production: Unique
Material: Force imbued materials, palladium, quartz, steel

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Pocket watch
Size: Very small
Weight: Very light
Special Features: N/A

Strengths:

Allows the user to travel backwards and forwards through time.
Allows the user to stop time.
Lightweight and easy to carry.

Weaknesses:

Does not allow the user to travel through time within more than an hour.
Cannot stop time for longer than an hour.
Only alters time within a diameter of five meters.
Results in serious psychological effects if misused. Effects of misuse include a distorted perception of past and future. The user loses their recollection of past events and remembers events which have not yet occurred.

DESCRIPTION

A disturbed physicist obsessed with mastering time distortion through magic, Vereshin determined to expand his repertoire after delving heavily into arcane powers manipulating energy, forces and reality. He sought the assistance of his former master, Darth Abyss for his skills as an alchemist and they combined their efforts to craft the device. Abyss crafted the alchemical components and prepared the metal for the imbuing of the spell. Vereshin compounded the formula for the spell of the device and laced the energy surrounding the mass of the object with the written incantation, imbuing the watch with the arcane properties.

The watch is intended to assist the young mage in distorting time on a small level along his quests, before he is powerful enough to enact his own feats on greater scales, without the aid of the amulet. The device is crafted from palladium with a quartz face and steel gears and includes a chain which Vereshin can fasten inside of his coat. The rune of a cyclonic vortex centered within an inverted triangle is carved into the back. The amulet works by setting the time to the point which the user wishes to travel to or the amount of time the user wishes to freeze. When the time is up, the spell wears off and time resumes as normal.

[member="Vereshin"]

I applaud the uniqueness of this submission and your idea, however, that being said, as it is, this will not pass through the factory.
  1. Time travel, in this manner, is not something I will pass. I will offer you alternatives below.
  2. The practicality and relative potential for abuse, even in consideration of the attempt at balancing this submission in its current format is too high.
  3. This has the potential to break the continuity of the board in ways that would consider this in some aspects, a super weapon.
My suggestion would be to alter the stance of this submission to a Flow-Walking Force power amulet. The article is linked here. It allows the wearer to view glimpses of the past and future, but not alter them. In terms of the future, it would need to be noted in the weaknesses that much like Force Premonitions, there is opportunity for incorrect readings or viewings, as there are infinite paths the galaxy may take, and you are viewing but a fraction of them.

The other instance of "time travel" occurs through time-dilation, which is a naturally occurring, and rare phenomenon that happens when a starship is unprotected by relative shielding when traveling through hyperspace. This would not apply to your submission. The only other instance of such travel is the canon item, Darkstaff, which has already been submitted on the board several times, however has always required that function to be removed if listed.

That being said, if you are okay with shifting the stance of this submission to Flow-Walking, then we may proceed. Otherwise I will have to deny this submission.

Vereshin

V
[member="Jamie Pyne"] Thankyou for suggesting other alternatives as they have given me some different ideas to explore in the RP.

I am interested in my character practicing flow-walking but without the use of an amulet. The technique doesn't really fit with how the watch works, which is only designed to distort time on a very small scale, as opposed to many years. Since I have already completed the thread where my character made the item, then you can go ahead and archive my submission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom