Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Venom

…… OPERATION SCREAMING VENGEANCE [CEASEFIRE ON YINCHORR] CONTINUUM

cqs1XXW.png

Instead of striking out, the Knight opted for a more Force-forward approach. Mostly creating protective bubbles that extended outward and contained those that sought to fire or attack against The Wolf Pack. With flexes and tightening of her hands, this overarching translucent dome became more and more concave to constrict the Imperial troopers.

Her intentions were to slow and dissuade, hoping against all hopes that this could still be called off. Her gut was still knotted in protest to striking against those they’d marched with through the Braxant Run Campaign.

"For better or worse, its not up to us. However the Imps and the Alliance get along. I fought with them on Harnaidan, Borosk and you and me both on Dubrillion. They're not all too much different from us at the end of it. They all have those loved ones back home, those lost homes they're chasing, delusions of glory and grandeur, all of it. The difference only ever becomes noticeable at the top. Put me and say...I don't know, any of those Stormtroopers together, we probably get along just fine."

Maynard was right, at their level they were closer to friends than foe.

The growing gossamer shield was effective for a time, though it put her further away from the assault Maynard was leading against Major General Voi’Kryt. Known, but not a gal pal by any definition. Too far to stop her from intercepting a shot not yet taken. But she could see it. Why could she see it? That precognitive vision was the first foray into the overload of confusion.

Any of those Force bubbles she’d been influencing dissipated, releasing the soldiers of the 307th. Her eyes rolled back and her muscles gave way to gravity, and consciousness was eclipsed into something far more ethereal.

And in a final gasp and yawlp: “Wha –– No! No, nonono! No, please no!”

Protests were in vain, and any barking of regret was swallowed by a power beyond what the clone could control. This time, DNA triumphed over sheer will. To everyone fighting around the city walls, it appeared the Jedi Knight dropped and was consumed in an otherworldly luminescence right as the fatal shot was fired that would cease the Imperial-led attack.

Her vision went black. Her stomach revolted.

When she could see again, she was in an astral environment. It looked familiar, like the rolling dunes of Kiffu, and unfamiliar at the same time –– like a crystal cave that was translucent and undulating. It was infinite and finite, welcoming her to go everywhere and nowhere all at once. All around was blackness and light, fading in and out of one another until no space existed without the balanced dynamic.

Loske’s first inclination was to panic. She wanted to. It felt like the only natural emotional response because she didn’t know where she was, and she hadn’t been able to intervene and protect Maynard in time. But instead, she felt only calm.

In front of her, a woman manifested slowly. She glowed with a soft, cold, blue light. Her expression was as listless as it was sad, and she reached out for Loske. As her fingers stretched toward the would-be Kiffar, the materialization of Kiskla Grayson-Matteo Kiskla Grayson-Matteo became apparent.

To evade the touch to her forehead, Loske jerked back. In response, the glowing woman’s expression went from listless to something that looked hurt.

“No, –– Where am I, I have to go back.” She had to keep her promise. The last thing she’d seen in the present and near-future was Maynard hurt. Despite the forced emotionless state of the space, her fear burgeoned. The loss of trust, the accumulation of more disappointment. Loske’s spectral self choked.

"I keep telling you that. I don't know how many times now...that we're better together."

Every time she promised together it..never worked. And in her protest, the blonde became increasingly more furious. All her demands to return would be in vain, they were requests her maternal-donor would never understand.

Dispassionate to the internal qualm of the Jedi Knight, Kiskla interjected with a surprisingly pleading tone:
“This is bigger than your debate on Yinchorr. That will end soon enough.”

There was no solace in the words her supposed-mother figure offered, and Loske continued to recoil. But there was nowhere for her to back away to. The closeness was as irrefutable as it was inexplicable.

The reaction prompted Kiskla to reflect on the words that had prompted her to reach out to the estranged girl.

"She'll be okay. She's got so much of you in her. I only met her in passing, but she's a good kid - the future is safe in her hands and in the generation coming after us. Right now, it seems so scary for them, but they'll figure it out, just like we did."

"Kiskla, it's time."
A hand reached out towards the Jedi, drawing her into the bright light of a new beginning.

And she was delighted to see how wrong the Varanin had been. Loske was nothing like her, and at every juncture, her supposed-daughter made choices that defined juxtaposition to Kiskla’s own. The ghost stepped forward, despite her would-be daughter’s obvious discomfort.
“I understand now where you’ve been wanting.

I haven’t been giving to you for the entirety of your existence. Everything you have, you’ve gathered for yourself. For all you are, and are not, you’re surprisingly more human than I am. I didn’t realize how isolated I’d been until I..saw your life. You don’t have that loneliness anymore, you deny it for yourself as much as you refuse to let it affect those you care about.” A stretching wan smile was offered. When she’d taken Spencer’s hand, the Republic relic was invited to transcend space of time. She needn’t revisit her own history, but instead followed Spencer’s final maternal advice.

"Loske will always have you by her side - she'll never be alone, I promise, as a Mother to a Mother."

“I’ve seen it, now. Transcending between your history and mine, your future and my....” words somehow escaped her, and the illusion forced a shrug.

“You have love, friendships and in those...you have purpose. An indiscernible emotion flickered across the silhouette’s visage, and she looked to lock eyes with the metaphysical replica of the Jedi Knight.

“I––” she started, but was cut off. The purpose of this conversation was lost on her, and all she wanted to was get back to Yinchorr to help.

Without announcement, the former Grandmaster took another foreboding inch toward Loske’s frozen body. But there wasn’t fear there anymore –– and Loske started to understand the calming notion she felt suffusing throughout her was based on acceptance and realization. Kiskla Grayson was dead. She’d died and she’d chosen to reach out to her estranged-cloneproject-turned-child.

“You’re not going to make it back in time.” Kiskla admitted. “The events that are happening right now, around you are for a purpose. You’ll see this when you all refocus on smiting the darkness. But for now, trust that resolution will come about.”

Even in this intangible metaverse, Loske’s heart thundered against her breastbone. “I can’t, I can’t trust that? How do I know? It feels so futile, everything we promise. Me being there, the war being over, and all of this being for nothing until ––” she wanted to snivel, she felt like she was snivelling but the illusionary expanse would not allow it. "He always protects me, and every time I ––” She was stopped when Kiskla’s ethereal form closed whatever distance existed between them, and wrapped her up in an unnatural embrace. The spectral version of Loske could only gurgle in response, awkwardly held by the woman that was supposed to be her mother. That woman who had rejected her existence up to this moment. The woman who’d attacked her the first time they’d met. This had never been anything she could have expected.

There was no denying it felt nice. And peaceful. And she was alright with the realization that she had no power here. Loske couldn’t do anything but release her projected tensions and open herself up to what Kiskla wanted.

“I’m sorry,” Kiskla admitted and held Loske for a few moments in silence. In the background, she was dragging Loske through a timeless world. It showed conflict seen and unseen, arguments not yet had, peace long accepted. Kaleidoscopic scenarios assaulted the Jedi Knight, but she was placid to their influence.

When Kiskla finally spoke again, the spectral plane neutralized.
“I’m proud of you.” She should have stopped there. Loske would have been elated if her mother-figure stopped there, but she continued. “For realizing and respecting the difference between following the path of duty and the path of the heart. There are sacrifices in each. I never could have made the choices you’ve had to make.” She couldn’t and wouldn’t have. Kiskla had used her power to help Jedi, the greater good, a prospect founded in a vision. Loske’s focus was on people.

Burying herself against the woman’s clutch, Loske squeezed her eyes shut. It was obvious now she couldn’t get back to the battle on Yinchorr –– but this was nice. Wherever she was. This was necessary. She wanted to whisper something back, but she could only dwell silently in the feeling of calmness growing into something mutual. An acceptance of the way things were and are. And in that strain of shared appreciation, Kiskla acted and stretched a hand up to touch against Loske’s forehead.

“But you’re weak and fragmented. You’ve only taken the surface of what I was willing to offer with your original conception. You’ve done well with it, but you can do much more.

Everything that I have left within me goes to you. I used it to lead and inspire. Now it’s to you to be creative, beyond only the utility I knew.

All the greatness, all the guidance, all the stories. All the power. The Jedi are going to need it. Your friends are going to need it. And when you have a family, they’re going to need it.”

A glimmer of hope teased her when her mother mentioned a family as if that conjecture could pull her from residual guilt or frustration she’d felt after her confrontation with Maynard on Bastion. In her death, she was a voyeur of timelines both known and unseen. Loske pulled back to look at her, just as Kiskla chose to react and make the transfer. Once again, those glowing fingertips reached to press against the Jedi’s forehead and the opaque background was revived with flashes of jungle, desert, and wilderness.

“For what’s to come, you’re going to need it.”

On Yinchorr, Loske’s dull glow swelled into something more brilliant and explosive. Like an energy surge radiating outward from her core and blossoming into an uncontrollable permeation that affected The Wolfpack and Red Rider alike. All the while remaining unconsciously limp.

0oNeAh9.gif

The first thing Loske was aware of was her forehead. It felt cold, the touch of the fingertips still on her skin. She moved to grip the ground uselessly, revealing the next thing she felt: pain –– pain in her entire arm when it moved. For the time being, she decided to keep it still.

Smells began to fill her nostrils next: acrid, smokey, and metallic like dirt. Taste came with smell –– the taste of blood on her tongue. She opened and closed her mouth a few times, to localize where the blood was coming from; but she couldn’t. Instead, the attempt only brought recognition of new pains -– in her head, in her neck, and down her back. As if part of her body was on fire, the cells themselves heating and exploding in concert with each movement she tried.

Then came sight. Everything around her was grey, smoke-bound and the soldiers collapsed were silhouettes. All the panic she’d meant to feel earlier flooded and overwhelmed the Jedi to move, ignoring the pain as she stumbled up.

Realization dawned on her after a few seconds to horrified searching. This was after-the-fact. Whatever had happened, she missed it. Maynard was gone. The Wolfpack was…she couldn’t feel them. All the life, their impact within The Force that was usually nothing but white noise...she couldn’t feel. Alarmed, she quickly dropped to two-finger pulse check. He was alive. They were all alive. The final attack must have been non-fatal, somehow. She moved to touch the soldier’s breastplate.

Fractals of memories took over, borrowing from the vantage point of the inanimate armour piece. It was enough to give enough sensations and fill in the blanks. Maynard had been taken, and the Wolf pack had been...stunned. Spared.

Too emotional to try and sort through what that could possibly mean, she staggered backward.

Hearing finally joined her re-emerging senses as commands through her commlink. Stand down. The Imperials were taking the city, there’d been retreats. Some ships were departing.

Thunder clapped behind her breastbone and she looked down at herself, realizing for the first time she hadn’t stopped shaking since she’d regained consciousness. Her mind was spinning with everything she’d seen -–– had it been real? Where had she just been? Kiskla was dead? Maynard was gone? Which ships? The Major General’s? How could she find this out?

If a ceasefire had been called, The Wolfpack would be fine getting off-planet safely. Maybe they could help her but her sense of reason was entirely lost in irrationality. Too focused on getting answers to the latter part of her concerns while saving the curiosity for the otherworldly experience for another time. First, she had to make good on her promise. Protect, find him and get him back.

Despite her eyeballs feeling like sandpaper, her vision was rapidly improving. Enough to see the obscure outlines of a known uniform. Quickly, she shoved herself against a wall and out of sight from Djorn Bline Djorn Bline 's Ghost Viper company. Gesturing discreetly,
her suit responded by flickering into translucent stealth mode.

Last edited:

S N A K E
OPERATION : SAVAGE HAND
TOL KACHORN
FOCUS | Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt

N5cG5gd.png

<“Diamond Snake, come in. Diamond Snake, this is Chariot, do you read me? Over.>”

Chariot...the callsign of the Director of the Coalition for Progress; the same branch of COMPNOR Djorn was assigned to as a Commissioner which made him the second highest individual with authority within the branch. Djorn had a degree of autonomy underneath Chariot, most of his operations he orchestrated rarely needed any approval. That only mattered when they were targeted at superpower nations such as the Galactic Alliance and others that fit the bill. This operation was approved and would be carried out Hellion and Snake, along with other personnel. So why was he here?

<“Diamond Snake to Chariot, I hear you loud and clear, over.”>

<“Diamond Snake, this operation is now suspended. There’s been a ceasefire brokered between us and the Starbird. Prepare for exfil, over.”>

A ceasefire...

Bullshit.
He couldn’t believe it, he just couldn’t. This was a trick, a ploy by the enemy. Jaeger and Djorn were so close to accomplishing their objective that would see a swift success to their operations here. It didn’t make sense; it didn’t make sense at all. Even if this was genuine, why? All their work and effort...now in vain. He was angry...no, livid despite being cool and calm in combat.

<“Chariot, repeat? What the hell you mean it’s being suspended?! The targets are within our vicinity!”>

A small brief of silence in the comms before Chariot spoke again.

<“I won’t repeat myself, Bline. Get your team out of there, I’ll debrief you when you’re back. It’s the Imperator’s orders and he’s here, that’s as much as I’ll tell you. Now get your ass on a hawk, soldier. I’ll send you the coordinates for extraction.”>

nerf herder.
Maybe if he didn’t mention the part that Irveric was here he would’ve gone rogue and complete his assignment one way or another. A trait of rebellion one would comment about him, ironic especially since he Djorn is an Imperial. They weren’t all just white and black; they were all grey. Sometimes Djorn had a tendency to disobey orders or work outside of planned coordination to accomplish his mission or to achieve something he believed would benefit for all of them. Either he’d be disciplined or praised for his actions.

Not this time, however.

Time to move, and fast. Djorn, Jaeger, and their jointed covert unit were in unmarked armor, hiding their true allegiances to their nation. The Alliance could argue with assumptions that they were mercenaries or a New Imperial Black Ops covert unit. Didn’t matter if they were right or wrong, Djorn was free game to be engaged by any hostiles outside of his own. It was naive to believe that just because a ceasefire was brokered that everyone would put their guns away and retreat from the front lines. Maybe for Lyra’s Storm Riders they would disengage and prepare for exfil. Other units within the city or suffered terrible communications would be still tensed with everything transpiring. Snake would not surrender if demanded. As for fighting? Damn sure he would give a fight, he’d let them witness his venom.

There were small engagements here and there, Djorn only engaging with those that stood in his way. They were surrounded by every direction of the city. The more they advanced towards the city walls where the Alliance made their stand, the more they would be infested with unfavorable odds; odds he couldn’t to overcome. Unknowingly, Djorn and his small squad of Vipers arrived nearby where Loske was with the blonde out of sight.

<“Sir,”> a corporal began, addressing Djorn, <“sir, I’m not sure we’re gon-“>

<“Not one more word, Corporal. Or I’ll make sure you’re transferred to the 45th, you understand!”>

<“Yes, sir.”>

<“Good, now this is what we’ll do. We’re gonna do our best to not engage with these Alliance dogs, not until they prove they’re gonna be a thorn in our ass. Clear?”>

All five Vipers in his squad understood the message. <“Let’s stick around here, and keep low; but spread out.”>

They all obeyed command, spreading out in the street while finding cover and hiding themselves as best as they can. So many things were running through Djorn’s head. The mission; the ceasefire; what’ll happen next; what where the casualties; did Jaeger make it to the extraction.

Was Loske in this bout between his Order and her Alliance? If so, was she safe? He hoped she wasn’t another name in the wind. That last thought really distracted him from his focus, asking himself if he should do something about it. Shaking his head, he pulled himself away from that thought and distracted himself with asking a question.

<“Vipers, hows it looking out there. Any movement?”>

The Vipers were an obedient bunch. Orders and circumstances were well understood, and while the armoured reconnaissance soldiers slunk in the shadows, they kept their scopes sharp. They were trained to excel in unconventional warfare, but this cowardice armistice threatened the definition.

Grumbling to himself and distancing from the viper squadron, Tylo Brimen, one of the five travelling with Djorn Bline Djorn Bline , took upon himself to cover the rear of the Viper’s movements. A retreat. It was a retreat under a different name –– a scornful reality that he’d rather not say out loud. Such thoughts dominated his mind while taking a corner quickly. The movement was so quick, that he was shocked to feel a jarring resistance around the stretch of his barrel. His forward-moving momentum janked hard, and he slammed his feet into the ground while the scope slammed into his orbital bone. Something shoved a kick into the front of his leg, right here the top of his foot blended into his shin, and he staggered. Whatever was assaulting him was entirely invisible.

<Hey!>

Instinctually, he responded. His two-handed grip released, dropping the weapon and the attachment to the unseen attacker. With free hands, he quickly reached for a smaller sidearm, disabled any safety measures, and went to fire blindly where his former blaster was hovering. Suspended in a hold by a silhouette he couldn’t trace.

The superheated discharge fired without warning. Like a red plasma spear, it shot forward and stopped.

Loske held out her palm. It had been a reactive move, fully intended to create a protective barrier to absorb the deft shot. No bubble blossomed. Instead, the tip of the bolt seared against her glove. For several seconds it quivered between them, smoke rising from the centre of her outstretched hand.

Tylo stared in disbelief, confusion paralyzing his actions. Loske also stared at the back of her hand in abject shock. The energy’s culmination hit critical mass, much of it swelling and racing down Loske’s arm. The supercharge skittered harmlessly around her body, but affected her suit’s control and disabling the stealth mode. With her hand still outstretched, the other part of the beam repulsed away — right into the soft part between the Ghost Viper’s helmet and chest plate.

The last thing Tylo saw was the blonde Jedi’s face knotted in terror. His body wrenched backward on impact, his weapon clattering to the ground as he collapsed.

Horrified, Loske dropped to her knees, fretting about the Imperial operative. Softly, she whimpered her protests and disbelief, repeating over and over again her lack of control over the situation.

He was dead. There was no way to stitch the sinews and gauge in his neck back together. Instinctively, her hands flew to her mouth to trap her afraid gasp from slipping out. Dear took shape in the back of her throat, dense and thick. She tried to swallow it away, but it pushed itself to the roof of her mouth.

Shaking, she pulled her hands out in front of her to look at them. Unintentional weapons. This feeling of foreign abilities wasn’t something she’d experienced in years — not since she started her Jedi training. The idea that something had happened where she could no longer control her body, her power, scared her.

And she was alone.

Everything about her trembled, and in an act of unthinking desperation, she grabbed the ankles of the trooper to drag him from sight to somewhere more concealed.

Adrenaline and monofocus kept her animated, lest she draw her knees to her chest and just give way to sobs. Once she’d found a spot of refuge, something like an abandoned treatment facility (no doubt empty for its owners to have participated in the earlier riots), she moved to unbuckle the armour from the soldier. Fully intent on plating it over her own and.. infiltrating the squadron? Her plan had kinks in it she had yet to iron out...

Last edited:

S N A K E
TOL KACHORN

N5cG5gd.png

Everything was clear, so far at least. One pair covered the right flank, another the left one. Which left Djorn taking point, as always, and Tylo covering their rear. The street was abandoned and its facade damaged by explosives. That effects of war. Off in the distance he could still hear the roars and screams of the violent mob, it would take a hell of a time to get the Alliance to calm down that riot. The perfect distraction for their escapes. A distraction and a product of the political warfare created by the masterminds of COMPNOR.

Active measures.

A concept so efficient and deadly that it was a thing to admire or to fear of its devastating potential. All their work brought the planet in utter crisis; it’s people clashed in a civil war because of their ideological castes and it was a factor COMPNOR exploited to its advantage, for the New Imperials. And after ushering the winds of crisis into a population? Normalization came next into play, the finals process of active measures.

And now the situation in Yinchorr has been normalized.
He could hear those words pounding in the back of his head when Tavlar would announce their victory on Yinchorr and scheme it in a way that wouldn’t get the New Imperials gaslight from the media in their operations. All of it was plausible deniability in their case. He was not only a killer in legal uniform, but also a great liar.

To simply put it: he was a criminal.

<“Snake, be advised:a platoon of Alliance soldiers coming to our direction from the right. What are your orders, sir?”>

As expected, but they’d know what to do.

<“Find positions to hide in, but also give his strategic value. Do not engage until otherwise, over.”>

He looked behind him to see Tylo a few yards away from him, or at least the Tylo he thought he was seeing. <“Tylo! Get over here now! We’re finding cover, dammit. Don’t wanna give us out to the enemy.”>

Through the entire process of outfitting herself in the dead trooper’s armour, she never stopped shaking. That might have exacerbated the situation, but eventually, everything that betray her physical self was sealed away beneath the dark plated suit. If she’d had more of her wit about her she might have thought to familiarize herself with all its trappings, but instead, she just focused on getting mobile.

Equipped with a blaster, she navigated out of the abandoned shed where the stripped body was propped in and fell into what looked like a position with the others in similar armour. Her comms chittered and chattered with activity, and she neutralized the Alliance’s channel and focused only on the Imperial comms so as not to create a deafening feedback loop.

Alliance soldiers? Approaching? They wouldn’t dare engage.

<“Tylo! Get over here now! We’re finding cover, dammit. Don’t wanna give us out to the enemy.”>

Djorn's voice cut through her ears, slightly modulated but undeniably his. Every rational facet of her decision-making capabilities was clouded and overrun with fear. The only thing she realized was not being able to speak out loud over the network of comms. Quickly, she yanked out her mic. The obviousness of her voice versus the soldier she’d accidentally killed would immediately put her in jeopardy. She’d only heard him scream.

Wait, was..was he talking to her? She checked once over her shoulder, then the other one, and confirmed he was gesturing in her direction. She must have been Tylo –– that must have been the poor sod in the shed. Knowing his name made her feel worse.

Moving forward in silence, she nodded and kept to a crouch. Alliance soldiers were in sight now, and more apprehension gripped at her chest before she reached out to tug on Djorn’s arm to get him to stop. Her brain was thumping against the inside of her skull now, loud and painful.

“Djorn, you have to help me.”

Loske didn’t really realize she was speaking until already mid-sentence. It was thin, anxious, tight and it didn't sound like herself.

S N A K E
TOL KACHORN

N5cG5gd.png

They all rushed for cover, most likely hiding in the alleys or breaking in through a house. Anything that would get them off the streets and get out of the patrol by this platoon of Alliance soldiers. If they had to engage, so be it. Plausible deniability was the backbone for every espionage and unconventional assignment he was tasked with. As long as his actions weren’t traced back to his nation, that’s all that mattered. Many of the homes, crafted by clay and duracrete, were ravaged by the battle with craters left in them leaving an opening. And of course there was the scene of death to greet his eyes. So familiar to him that it was just normal to him.

<“Everyone in positions?”>

All replied with a yes.

<“Fifteen meters away from us. Light infantry.”> the lookout and sniper of his squad relay that information to him, her scope trained as she nested in the second level of a building.

Just tension between “us and them”.

Djorn opted to find cover at a ruined homestead with a hole in its wall until he was stopped in his tracks by Tylo. He was confused and shocked. What was he doing? This wasn’t the time and place for...whatever it is he was doing. Trauma?

“Djorn, you have to help me.”

<“What the hell you me-“> and he stopped dead in his tracks. That was not his voice unless his voice modulation was busted. That was unlikely as he sounded very feminine. And that voice...

<“Boss, what the hell is going on over there? Is Tylo having an anxiety attack? They’re ten meters away!”>

<“Shut up, Balst. You don’t have to tell me twice.”>

He needed to hide. They needed to hide. Without a word he took Loske by the hand and took her to where he was meaning to hide. There was debris and a pile of rubble left from the explosives that ravaged it. Everything inside was scattered in a mess, the concussions of the blast probably responsible for it.

A finger lifted up in front of him as he looked at Loske from his helmet, symbolizing for her to maintain silence and let the troops pass by. No way they would get caught...

<“Sir, fresh tracks in the debris! They’re humanoid.”>

Oh fuck, do not...

<“Probably survivors or some sort of stragglers, let’s fan out and search the area. See what we can find.”>

Well, they were screwed.

<“You know how to shoot that thing? Cause you’re gonna need to.”>

<“What the hell you me-“>

<“Boss, what the hell is going on over there? Is Tylo having an anxiety attack? They’re ten meters away!”>

<“Shut up, Balst. You don’t have to tell me twice.”>

It was weirdly paradoxical. As much as she didn’t trust Djorn in any capacity on an allegiance level, she trusted him on a personal level. Once alignment and government were out of the way, person to person, there was something there. Him immediately not ratting her out, and unquestioningly yanking her to some place of temporary safety reinforced that belief.

Low-volume murmurs and conversations taking place outside their comm channel made her uncomfortable, and she almost missed what they were saying. Her heartbeat was thumping in her ears, and it was difficult to hear above the din of her stress.

<“You know how to shoot that thing? Cause you’re gonna need to.”>

“What?” Loske prickled for two reasons. One –– of course she knew how to use a blaster. She’d been a pilot long before a Jedi, and basic on-the-ground combat training included target practice. Two –– was he implying she’d have to shoot Alliance personnel? There’d been an armistice! Her propensity to hang out with men who had a shoot first, ask questions later approach was getting irksome.

As much as she appreciated his adoption, she shook her head. The muzzle of the helmet moving left-to-right in sequence and rattled uncomfortably from the size difference.

“I’m not shooting Alliance personnel.” Loske hissed defensively. Her body tightened so outright that she stopped shaking for the first time in protest to the uncivilized idea of retaliating with firepower. She didn’t have time for this. For all she knew, the seconds and minutes were counting against her for Major General Voi’Kryt’s takeoff and she was losing the precious opportunity to stowaway and get her man back.

No powers. Personal rule after that accidental manslaughter. She hadn’t killed anyone on Yinchorr until a few minutes ago. In the first skirmish, she’d only brought a Thyrsian to his knees. The second had just been defensive and deflective attacks. It was..only Tylo..that had actually died. For her own mental health, she was going to keep that body count to one. And certainly not turn on her own government because of a wardrobe choice.

The footsteps crunched the ground a little closer to them, and Loske drew in a sharp breath. Usually, she could knock them out relatively easily with just a few jerks of her wrist. But she was scared at the unpredictability of her internal situation, and instead remained uselessly paralyzed. What if she just took off the helmet, walked up to them and explained everything was all under control? Then that would jeopardize her ability to get any internal information from Compnor. “Feth.” She whispered hotly as the scorch-marked, white-armoured soldiers rounded the corner and into view.

For a timeless moment, everyone was still. The scouts prodded things with the noses of their barrels, ducking and searching through rubble and remains.

“I don’t have time for this.” Loske admitted quietly, both to herself and her temporary ally. “Why the kark are they still roaming around? A retreat was ordered..right?”

Her hands were quivering again, rattling the blaster in her grip and she bit her lip. The visuals rendered through the helm of the scout armour were augmented by scrolls of numeric details, mostly footage counting down on the approach. She closed her eyes, as if the table of options for reactions would be easier to read behind her eyelids, rather than trying to sort through them on an impulsive level. No such menu appeared.

<Hey...tracks are leading to this pile of..> Someone drawled out a pensive thought, the pair of troopers that had been circling was definitively close to discovering the two crouching vipers. And even if she wasn’t going to fire on her own team, there was no such morality blocking Djorn from pulling the trigger.

All she had to do was round the corner before they did. She pulled off the gloves of the recon suit and dropped them where she’d been crouching.

Okay. Maybe just..basic powers. Nothing fancy. Augmentation only.

In an impossibly fast blur, Loske was on the pair of troopers in an instant. Practiced movements of Steel Hand evidenced, tracing back to her pre-Jedi days. She knew the armour well, given Maynard’s constant wearing of it, and it’s vulnerabilities were easily exposed with quick touches. While she pounced on one, the other levelled to shoot and she snapped a foot out to kick the blaster from their hands –– meanwhile, reaching to the soft tissuey areas and activating the neural disablers of her own armour. The static travelled down the trooper’s neck, beneath their plating, and they dropped. Effectively, a similar blur of activity was recreated on the second scout, she eased the second to the ground so it’d be less of a noisy collapse.

With all her layers of armour, both her own and Tylo’s, she felt like an animatronic robot. But still, at least they weren’t dead.

Once again, Loske found herself with hands under a soldier’s armpits and dragging them to a more concealed space. She’d just...make sure to cover the lines their dragging heels were making in the dirt this time.

“We’ve got to get out of here if more are coming. I can’t..I can’t keep this up.”

S N A K E
TOL KACHORN

N5cG5gd.png

“What?” “I’m not shooting Alliance personnel.”

He wasn’t surprised of her outright refusing to do what he subtly suggested. They were his own men after all. But, in all honesty, he suggested out of her own protection and self defense. He wasn’t looking for her to prove something to him. The only thing he wanted her to prove was knowing how to survive while they were still behind enemy lines. Enemy lines for him and his team, not for her.

But, of course, if she couldn’t take the shot, then he would. Be the “bad guy”. Then again, at a certain point of view he did fill in that dirty role completely well.

And he was about to do that very so when two Alliance soldiers were sent about their direction. His hand reached for his blaster pistol that featured a sound suppressor. Akin to the technology of those blasters that could fire an invisible blaster, only that the bolt was to visible to the naked eye.

“I don’t have time for this.” “Why the kark are they still roaming around? A retreat was ordered..right?”

<“It’s not all black and white, Loske. You think I’d be allowed to skip around without getting caught?”> Different scenarios could’ve played, all depending on the personnel they met. Not too long ago everyone was shooting at each other. Everyone had killed someone’s close friend belonging in their unit, everyone filled with vengeance. If he was caught, they would’ve apprehended him and question him before releasing him back to Bastion. It was protocol since it was something he’d absolutely do, and he was not in the business of wanting to get caught.

They were coming and he was counting down the timeframe before engaging them by surprise.

Five...four...three...two...one...

But the blonde bombshell beat him to the punch; literally to the punch when her own fists attacked the scouts. Composite armor with metal and different material that he knew would shatter the bones of his knuckles without any augmented gloves. For Loske? Not a problem as she was an individual tuned in with the Force. Didn’t take much time in diffusing the threat from becoming a greater one to handle.

<“Not bad, you learned a trick or two,”> while dragging the other trooper out into a more secured space that couldn’t be outright seen.

<“Though as damn impressive as that is they’ll be looked for, and when they don’t check in... that’ll be problems for us.”>

Again, protocol that he was all too familiar with.

“We’ve got to get out of here if more are coming. I can’t..I can’t keep this up.”

<“Loske, what’s going on?”> Snake approached the Jedi, he could notice her shaking and her hands trembling. She wasn’t injured by the looks of it. His guess that she had a concussion or had a close encounter with a grenade. Whatever it was she wasn’t well. She sounded desperate and lost. Hell, she was lost; she was dressed up like one of his squad members. The thought of Tylo resurfaced on his mind, wondering what happened with the man.

<“You need to work with me, what happened? Why do you need my help?”>

Questions he shouldn’t be asking, not with Alliance troopers patrolling the area around them. But right now? They couldn’t go out and risk exposing themselves. Best to hold out and wait for an opening to get a move on.

<“Not bad, you learned a trick or two,”>

She was looking at the two unconscious soldiers in silence while Djorn spoke. How close had they been to death? Would Djorn or his men have killed them if she didn’t intervene? Was she supposed to be here? Did Kiskla know Loske would wake up and take all the steps she took to now? She’d seen fractures of timelines not yet acted.. glimpses of the future.

<“Though as damn impressive as that is they’ll be looked for, and when they don’t check in... that’ll be problems for us.”>

Reflexively she went to run her fingers through her hair to buy a second to think. Instead, she brushed the scalp of Tylo’s recon helmet. A dead man’s helmet on her head. The armour of someone she’d murdered.

<“Loske, what’s going on?”>
<“You need to work with me, what happened? Why do you need my help?”>

What was going on? She’d been in reactive mode ever since she’d lost consciousness..and with that simple, simple question, she realized she didn’t have a complete answer. Precious seconds were lost to her floundering.

<I..> How did she explain this? Flashes of fragmented memories not yet made were circling her psyche. Formless thoughts whirled about in varying opacities and hues. The constant movement behind her eyes made it difficult to string together enough of a sentence to truly explain her motivation. She could barely stammer out the beginning of her plea.

<M-Maynard’s gone. Taken, one of yours has him and I don’t know ––> she choked on the words, confessing her vision out loud for the first time. It made it horribly real. Once again, she’d promised to be by his side, and once again fate had intervened to make a liar of her. Dryness overwhelmed her mouth and she forced herself to conclude the admission <––I don’t know where he is. I need you to help me find him. I..> It was too much. The only thing she sounded convinced of was her needing statement: <I have to get him back.>

Why would he help her if she’d taken out one of his men? Surely Djorn’d realize the negotiation value of keeping a General of the Defense Force as ransom. But was that the intention? Or interrogation? The more Loske thought about it, the more the colour drained from her face.

<And Tylo, I’m sorry about Tylo, I didn’t mean to...> Djorn was known to be suspicious. It had been his duty for so long, it was just intrinsic to his persona now.

<I don’t know what’s happening to me. How can I prove to you this isn’t a trap If I had more control, I'd just...> Loske would have hoped her extreme vulnerability was enough to expose the truth in her nature but, she’d exploited that once already against him.

<Let me show you. I can show you.> Hurriedly, she pulled the fingertips of her gloves to expose the flesh of her hand beneath. She gestured for him to do the same, hold his hand out, but then she paused. She was able to exchange memories through that efficient means with Ryv because he shared not only The Force, but heritage. For others, it required more direct access to the source of memories. And how much more assistance would Djorn need? He didn’t know how to use The Force –– she could be risking his well being. Even moreso in her current contaminated condition.

Hesitating, she curled her fingers into her palm. After an indiscriminate amount of time, she reached up to depress the seals on the helmet and lift it from her head, setting it aside. If there’d been any doubt who was under there before, that was a myth busted. “I need you to remove your helmet. Please, trust me.”

Did she trust herself? Trust herself not to hurt him and make this work?

She was scared this would backfire. Maybe she’d melt his brain –– but it was the most effective way of communication forward. When he obliged, she took a second to react and nod to herself. Guiding his fingertips to her temple so he’d have a direct connection, she did the same with her free hand just before his ear.

Half a breath later, the suggestion of her mind fired off a kaleidoscopic sensation of fractals in her mind's eye for Djorn to peer through. What Loske remembered, or thought she remembered, would be the experience they were immersed in. Their immediate surroundings faded away to shattered, choppy renditions of another place.

Depending on his receptiveness to the experience, his physical immersion would feel the strain of impacts Loske experienced. Heat, pressure, pain, nausea. Otherwise, it was entirely visual. Flashes of defensive Force bubbles against the Red Riders, a flashing glance upward as Maynard raced against Lyra, their silhouettes fading from view into a blackness that was overwhelmed with nonsensical eternity, a glowing silhouette and exchange of information that lasted only a millisecond in this transfer. A rolling glow from her core outward, supersonic booming through her immediate surroundings in an ethereal luminescence and telekinetic charge. Consciousness regained, pushing herself up, flash. Her contest with Tylo, the grip of fear that clenched tightly around her being when the blaster fired. The bolt suspended between them before it pushed outward and through his neck.

With a gasp, Loske stopped pushing her influence through the projection but didn’t immediately pull away lest the severity of the contrast from sharing to not sharing be too drastic and harmful. She lingered.

S N A K E
TOL KACHORN

N5cG5gd.png
<I..>
<M-Maynard’s gone. Taken, one of yours has him and I don’t know ––>
<––I don’t know where he is. I need you to help me find him. I..> <I have to get him back.>

She choked on her words when she tried to get it out. Pain. Hurt. Affliction that someone that meant the whole galaxy to her was separated from her and she had no means on how to get Maynard back. She was committed to getting him back, after all it led her right to Djorn. He wasn’t unfamiliar to her lost, he knew what she was feeling. He remembered how he was separated from Rowan. It was on a mission to infiltrate and sabotage the enemy. It was a success, but it came with a cost. He struggled to find her, not knowing if she was dead or captured alive. A phantom pain consumed him and it made him sink to anger from his grief.

A possible path Loske could lead down to. Except it would be more critical because her position as a Jedi and more sensitive to the Force than him. Emotions truly got the best out of everyone.

And now he was the key to returning Maynard back to her. Any other Imperial would’ve declined, realizing how invaluable the asset they not have captured was to them. Leverage against the Empire. But he wasn’t like that...not to Loske at least. If it was someone else he was unfamiliar with, he would’ve gun them down right now. But not her. Not after all that time he spent as a covert agent within the Outer Rim, and she was the only friend he had at the time. He was harsh and cruel in his zeal as an Imperial, but he was very emotional with his relationships.

<“Alright, alright. I’ll help you.”>

Snake followed her instructions, curious with this supernatural ability of hers in able to share memories from her mind. Was he surprised she could do this? No, after all with Sith Lords resurrecting themselves right and left anything was possible. His helmet was removed and he was ready for what was coming next. The tip of her fingers touched his temples and all of a sudden the could no longer see Loske in front of him.

It was perplex, time traveling backwards if he could describe it. And then it stopped when he was in the point of view of Loske. All he could was observe and understand what was happening. He was taken far away from where he was when Operation: Savage Hand was under effect. Instead of the sewers he was brought to the front lines of the battle between the Wolfpack and the Red Riders. Echoes of blaster fire and artillery greeted his ears, bodies on the ground unsure of their conditions. His body felt everything from Loske’s own. His own teeth gritted, groaning from the burns and Imperial munitions. A moment later he was unconscious, and then reality phased back in. She was on the run, going nowhere until she crossed with Djorn and his squad, and then her encounter with Tylo...

All those memories ceased as he was returned to the present, he felt nauseous and he retreated from Loske only to fall to his knees and began puking. The overall experience of that trip did some to his physical, trying to regain balance in his consciousness. His hands went to his neck, making sure a bolt didn’t went through it. He stayed where he was until he was confident in being able to get up as he was weak and out of place from his own self.

Hell, even talking was too much for him to do at this moment. Hopefully the sounds from their location didn’t attract any other Alliance personnel...

Loske blinked back to reality several times, the bleariness abating with the sharp details of their actual surroundings on Yinchorr. By now, Loske was used to weaving in and out of memories and the disorientedness that happened after-the-fact. Djorn Bline Djorn Bline , on the other hand, was not so fortunate.

She could hear him wretch before she could smell it, and her lips peeled back in distaste. Nausea from the Force was how she’d spent much of her early Padawan years, so she could at least empathize.

To give him some sense of privacy, she looked away from him. Her line of sight fell to where others would be approaching and gratefully found it vacant. The chatter that drifted through the comms of the downed Alliance personnel was mostly squadrons coordinating locations, rather than check-ins. So far.

When he seemed ready to stand, she bent to help him up, bracing his arms with an apologetic expression. “I’m sorry, I should have..warned you I guess. I usually just read memories from non-Force sensitives, not project them. You’re my uh, first time.” Wearily, she cracked a small smile as a peace offering “But thank you for agreeing to help me. I..you believe me then?

You saw it too, right? Lyra Voi’Kryt? That’s the last thing I saw of him. I read another soldier’s armour, and they saw her take him, but I don’t know where they are now. If she’s even still on this planet.”

Last edited:

S N A K E
TOL KACHORN

N5cG5gd.png
Heavy breathing entered and escaped his mouth, he was too arsed to try and properly breathe through his nostrils. His eyes glared at the floor below him, focusing his eyes to be to pass through the blurred lines and disorientation he was seeing. He stopped vomiting, and all he did was spit in order to clear out his mouth with whatever bile remained. Needed some water to flush out as he could still taste the bile in his mouth. It was like...getting drunk. Once you threw up whatever that was in your guts, you felt a little better afterwards. A slap back to reality.

His body and mind recalibrated to a point he could stand and walk. Probably needed a few minutes to be considered functional for combat.

“Yeah, I believe you,” he said to the blonde Jedi as she helped him up to his feet by grabbing on to his arm. A hand of bud grabbed on to Loske for support as he was getting a sense of balance on his feet. Take it slow and easy before walking again. “General Voi’kryt, yeah I know her. Not personally, but she’s an important figure in the army. I think I can get an idea where she took off,” obviously retreating with the rest of the New Imperial task force assigned to the combat that happened hours ago. How would he locate her? Well, it wasn’t exactly hard for a man in his position to keep track of where everyone went. Besides, he was one of the leading figures in this operation since he was in charge of leading unmarked special forces behind enemy lines.

In fact...

“I have a hawk coming in to evac me and my team, I can have us be taken to whatever ship she’s at.”

He swooped down to pick up his helmet, spitting once again at the floor due to the taste of bile in his mouth.

“Get your helmet on. We’ve got...less than one kilometer worth of marching. I don’t know what’ll happen, but you have to at least promise me you’ll be prepared whatever comes in our way. Work with me and I’ll get you to Maynard, deal?”

He was a liar and a criminal, but he was a friend one could rely on. He was a good friend, and a worst enemy.

<“Balst, what’s the situation out there?”>

<“Shit, Boss. The hell was going on?”>

<“You worry about what I ask you, and lemme worry what’s going on down here.”>

<“Right...tangos has passed by your area except those two scouts you took care of. You’re in the clear to move out. What’s the plan?”>

<“We’re making a run to the evac. Shock and awe. Let’s try not to focus on being stuck in firefights for too long.”>

<“You ready?”>
his question meant for Loske as he looked at her direction. <“I’ll get us out in one piece, just trust me.”>

There was so much assurance reinforcing his statement, that a glimmer of hope sparked in her mind’s eye once more. She released a breath she didn’t know she’d been holding, and turned the helmet over in her hands. He didn’t mull anything over, nor question her desperation. He just accepted and turned to action, respecting the precious ticking away of seconds they didn’t have.

“Get your helmet on. We’ve got...less than one kilometer worth of marching. I don’t know what’ll happen, but you have to at least promise me you’ll be prepared whatever comes in our way. Work with me and I’ll get you to Maynard, deal?”

“Djorn,” Making eye contact just before she put the dead man’s helmet back on, she forced his attention for an extra second to communicate her genuine appreciation— “Thank you.”

Maybe this would be another debt to add to their endless cycle of favours, but she didn’t care. The repercussions of her mono focused acts would be a bridge to cross another day. For now, the feeling of gratitude amongst everything else that burgeoned within her was blessing enough.

<“You ready?”>
<“I’ll get us out in one piece, just trust me.”>

She sealed it all in when the helmet settled on her head again, and nodded once. Someone would find the real Tylo — she hoped Alliance officers. In the meantime, she had to adopt whatever she could of the man she’d only met in the briefest of instances — long enough to be passible and not raise suspicion against Djorn and herself. If they were converging with the rest of his squadron, that would be tough.

Anecdotal advice passed through her mind, sentences and suggestions a younger Djorn had given to a younger Loske in the Outer Rim. She hadn’t realized what it was then but appreciated it now as the subliminal mentorship it has been.

Silence was her best friend, and she gave a single nod when he checked if everything was all good to go before sneaking out of their temporary seclusion. Armed with a blaster, this felt more like old times than she would have liked to admit (clunky armour not included).

Yinchorr was still alive with tension. The commands to stand down trickled from the top, and while many adhered to them, frustration sometimes overturned logic and respect for authority. Once or twice, in the distance, Loske could overhear the unmistakable sound of a blaster shot; which side shot first, she couldn’t say. For the most part, she didn’t contribute much verbally to their several meter journey to the rendezvous point, only checking the scopes for anything they needed to be wary of. Mostly that squadron of Alliance. Her HUD beeped a few seconds too early about some foreign explosive detection. It counted down by the second, and Loske recognized the readings as Alliance detonators.

The second slowed, moving hours at a time. Fractions of stone shattered and spilled onto the dusty soil in a backwards, inverted rolling motion. Moving entropies without precedent or predefined dynamics. “Hhng,” was all she managed in the midst of the timeline turbulence –– completely isolated in the experience –– and she staggered and clutched at a nearby wall. As she reached out, she realized the movement of debris was from the wall at her fingertips, and all they had were seconds. 9, 8, 7, 6, 5

Acting quickly, she darted ahead to grab Djorn and yank him backward, 4, 3, out of the perceivable harm’s way 2, 1.75, 1.5, It was a few seconds too early, 1, the debris still quivering and it was on the threshold of awkward before the concrete shattered 0, and exploded outward –– right where the shadows of their former selves had been. She couldn’t explain it. Usually, The Force gave her an advantage with premonition, but this was...this was surpassing anything she’d experienced before. Time lurched forward and backward and she was caught reacting somewhere in between. She slipped again and caught herself. For any reaction Djorn might have had, she didn’t have an answer, only encouraged them to keep moving forward, beyond anything else she might foresee. It frightened her.

“Don’t mention it.” Was all she grunted, pulling him back to his feet and pushing him forward, back to a leading position to the designated route of their extraction point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom