Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Vendur

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvRe

Weapon_Concept_Art_Jeremy_Love.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A personal weapon for Avery Regailis.
  • Image Source: Link
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Avery Regailis in conjunction with an anonymous gunsmith.
  • Affiliation: Avery Regailis.
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, Plasteel, Slugthrower Components, Wroshyr Wood.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: Slugs
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Large
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Damage Output: Very High
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The barrel includes an attached cleaning rod for maintaining the weapon's ability to fire in the field.
  • Close to the cleaning rod is a compartment for storing extra slugs.
STRENGTHS
  • The weapon's primary strength is the stopping it holds in such a small size. While it can't make any ridiculously long shots, that doesn't bother its usage much. The closer a target is, the more brutal the expected outcome can be. When first fired, the shot is expected to have a velocity of a speeder at maximum. Another strength, which is often overlooked, is the weight of the weapon, which is useful in smashing windows, faces, etc.
WEAKNESSES
  • While the weapon doesn't have any limiting factors in itself to the rate of fire, the user should apply their own. If the user should become too trigger happy and begin firing without end, the camber shield, which just so happens to hold the slug, would fly off in direction of the user along with the slug itself. While this might sound bad, it is only a safety measure put in place to prevent the slug compartment from getting too hot and therefore, exploding, which could harm people in the vicinity.
DESCRIPTION
The weapon itself shares many physical similarities with that of an officer's S-5 heavy blaster pistol and for good reason. During the first year of Avery's military service in the Corporate Protectorate, he would often outfit his men and himself with the S-5. He favored the S-5 for many reasons, primarily, for the nature of his missions. He would often lead excursions deep behind enemy territory. These missions almost mirrored his early assassin work, which he'd also used the aforementioned blaster in.

As time went on, it became increasingly prevalent that the S-5 was difficult to maintain in the middle of said excursions. They would jam, leaving people open to attack. One time, while a man nearly twice Avery's size was rushing him and he raised the blaster to fire, it simply didn't. That was the last straw.

Upon doing his research, Avery found that he liked the way slugthrowers appeared. They were reliable, easy to clean and maintain, plus you could craft your own ammunition for them, not having to rely on manufacturers. the only problem was the steep learning curve they presented and it was very obvious that he couldn't train an entire battalion let alone an army to use them. Still, that didn't stop him from outfitting his own personal militia with them.

When it came time to actually use the weapons, he still favored the S-5's design more than many common slug pistols. That problem was quickly dashed when he hired a gunsmith to create a slugthrower similar to the blaster, with him watching construction closely so it met his standards.

Of course, with time and war, Avery's assignments became progressively less sneaky and more shooty. It was almost sad to him, the S-5s and slugthrowers were quickly being phased out of the army and even his militia. It reminded him that he too was aging. He never got rid of the old pistol though, it was a reminder and a fond one at that (Plus it could still melt someone's face). One day, almost without anyone noticing, scratched into the barrel's side, was the word 'Vendur'. As to what it meant, no one knew and no one cared.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
A AvRe

Hello, I'll be you judge today! Simple and solid weapon. However I found some problems:
  • Please link your bio to the Manufacturer and the Affiliation.
  • Your ratings are very underpowered (-5), if you want, you can edit this.
    • If you're not sure how this working you can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. You need to copy to your drive first, and after this you're able to use it.
That's all, please let me know if you edited these.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
A AvRe

Still -3, and I linked the Technology Spreadsheet in my last post, you can use that to the ratings. After all, that is exist for that reason, to test these ratings in the spreadsheet.

AvRe

Okay, I changed the damage output to very high and the weight to light. About the damage output, do I need to justify that, or is what I've already written enough justification?

MANIAC MANIAC

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
A AvRe

Nope, you don't need to change the description, it is good. It is still -1. Do you want to keep this, or do you want to change one something yet? I'm asking, because I don't want that I accept, and you realise the -1, and bacause of this you should need to go to the modification section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom