Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Vel's Solitude[Clan Pax Stronghold]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
zz9sfQQ.jpg

SETTING INFORMATION
  • Military Base Name: Vel's Solitude
  • Classification: Fortress
  • Affiliation: Clan Pax, Cero Pax
  • Population: Heavy
  • Demographics: [97% Human, 3% Other Species], [100% Clan Pax Members]
  • Accessibility: Vel's Solitude is located several hundred miles from the closest Kon'me city, on a large island. Approach by anything but starship is made nearly impossible by the harsh weather of the planet, though clan members are trained to navigate and pilot in even the worst conditions. Access to the stronghold is only granted to clan members, with few exceptions. It's location, while not an explicit secret, is not easily found, if one does not know what they are looking for.
  • Description: The majority of the stronghold is built into the mountain that resides on the island, while several lesser facilities and areas lie tucked within the mainland. The environment of Bal'demnic made it necessary for the majority of it spaces and facilities to be enclosed, either within the mountain or underground. There are surface areas, however, reserved for use by the clan in survival and combat training. There exist several landing pads for a variety of starship sizes, while a hanger lies under the main facility, where the clan's starfighters lie dormant.
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Main Hall[The grand hall of the stronghold, this is where the clan gathers to confer, celebrate, judge,and decide on matters. It's design is wide and sparse of furniture, in order to accommodate the clan twice over. Banners hang bearing the clan sigil on one side, and one of the six tenants of the Resol'nar on the other.]
  • Training Areas[The training areas are just as the name implies; areas dedicated training and honing the skills of clan members. Three different levels exist, each serving a different purposed. Level 1 is dedicated to combat training, honing the prowess of every warrior of the clan, through the use of targets, droids, and obstacles. Level 2 is dedicated to Force-application, sharpening Force-sensitive members abilities into deadly tools to be used at will. Level 3 exist as an outer area, enclosed by a ray shield boundary. It is here that members train their skills in survival of hostile environments, the weather and fauna proving adept at these lessons.]
  • Armory[The armory doubles as both a foundry and a storage space. Much of the clan's equipment are relics, collected over the centuries. It is here that it is maintained, and either given to a clan member until they return it, or their death, or it is stored till it finds an owner. The clan's beskar'gam are also stored here.
  • Hanger Bay[The clan maintains a fleet of customized Kom'rk-class and Fang-class starfighters. They've been modified constantly over the centuries to keep them up to date, and are often used in defense of the Kon'me's cities. They also possess several personal starships, obtained by various clan members over the centuries.]
  • Commons[An in general terms for various areas within the stronghold used for recreational purposes, such as sports, games, bonding, meals, or simply relaxation.]
  • Proving Ground[It is here that Initiates who prove themselves ready, undertake a test to prove their worthiness to be considered a full clan member. The tests differ with each Initiate.
  • Living Quarters[The areas designated as personal quarters for clan members. They come in ]single, double, and family units.]
  • Cuy'val Dar[Meaning, "Those who no longer exist", in basic, this is a clan memorial for those who have died. Their necklaces are melted and their names are etched into the beskar bar, and stored here.]
SECURITY: High​​
  • Duranium Armored Plating
  • Advanced Sensor Array
  • Bio-Scan System[Actively tracks and verifies beings within the stronghold as members of the clan. If intruder is detected within, security systems and alarms will automatically be triggered.]
  • Duramentium/Beskar Steel Alloy Lock-Down Panels
  • "Bunker-Mode"[Emergency lock-down which seals up the stronghold, allowing passage neither in nor out. Can only be initiated and deactivated by the Alor.]
  • EXTERNAL WEAPONRY
  • w-165 planetary turbolaser[1x]
  • Heavy Turbolaser Cannons[16x]
  • LNR Series II Systemary Laser Battery[4x]
  • INTERNAL WEAPONRY
  • Automated Anti-Personnel Laser Cannon[30x]

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Vel's Solitude is the ancient fortress and homestead of Clan Pax. It began construction in the years after Vel's arrival to the planet and agreement struck with the Kon'me, and was completed within the span of a decade with their help. It was here that he remade Clan Pax into what it is today. Over the centuries, the descendants of Vel have modified, expanded, and overhauled the stronghold several times over, ensuring it would be something that could outlast even themselves. It is here that clan members spend much of their early lives, before eventually venturing out into the greater galaxy.

[member="Cero Pax"]

A great choice of location for a headquarters, and you've done a great job with building out the structure itself. Here's just a few things that I think would help to clarify this submission before we move it along.

#1. Links: The link for the Kom'rk-class Fighter appears to be aimed at the wrong Wookieepedia article. It's presently going to Kom rather than the Kom'rk-class Fighter. I suspect the ' character is breaking the code there. Try replacing the ' in the link with %27 instead, such as: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kom%27rk-class_fighter

Cero Pax said:
Accessibility: Vel's Solitude is located several hundred miles from the closest Kon'me city, on a large island. Approach by anything but starship is made nearly impossible by the harsh weather, and landing access is only granted to members of the clan.
Given the above, you mention that the Clan keeps starfighters at the island, which are smaller than starships. How do the Clan pilots cope with this? Knowledge of special routes that make the approach navigatable? Training?

Please tag me once you've had an opportunity to make your changes. Thank you.

Hello again [member="Cero Pax"] and [member="Zardu Hasselfrau"]!

Another awesome set piece for Clan Pax. I hope to see more in the future! There's just a couple things to address and then I'll get you on your way.

1.) Template Changes: Per the Codex Standardized Rules under General Codex Guidelines this bullet point is important to note.
7a2af9aee23d372b0954cf1fffdebe80.png

In the submission we are actually missing the "Military Base Name". Even though it is listed as the title of the sub it still needs to be in the submission itself in the proper field. It should be right above "Classification".

2.) Security:

- Please link Duranium Armored Plating and Duramentium. While they are not the most rare of steel and alloys they are a uncommon.

- What does the "Internal Clan-Bio Sensor System" do? Is there a canon link that goes with this? If not - You may need to consider creating a Factory Submission to accomplish what you're looking for. The closest thing I could find was a traditional "Bio-Scan/Bio-Sensor" but I'm not 100% sure. Please elaborate or let us know how you'd like to proceed.

4f682deba4e6b4adc730827b3694c39d.png

Specifically: "Vel's Solitude possess numerous automated defense system and weaponry."

What automated defense system? What weaponry? Please list it accordingly and be sure to link rare or uncommon tech/equipment to the appropriate SW wiki article or any Factory-approved submissions. Common canon items do not need to be linked but they do need to be added.

It's important to flesh out "Security" due to the potential of PVP even if it is not the intention. A general statement about numerous automated defenses and weaponry means that anything could appear at a later date.

Please tag me when updated. If you need help or have any questions - Please don't hesitate to ask as well. Thank you!

Edit Log:
  • Linked materials per request
  • Listed both external and internal defense systems per request
  • Fixed missing submission category
  • Used link and elaborated on [Bio-Scanner] feature
[member="Srina Talon"]

[member="Cero Pax"] | [member="Zardu Hasselfrau"]

Thank you very much! My last concern is one of the "External Weaponry" links:

Cero Pax said:
RM-76 heavy laser cannon[16x]

It's doable, however, the wookie does state "The Tomral RM-76 heavy laser cannon was a single barreled heavy laser cannon used on starships." and this submission, though a military base or fortress, is not a starship. I would suggest that you nip that specific weapon and change it to "Heavy Laser Canon" with no link needed as it is common, or, that you take a look at ground based options and switch it up based on the needs of the sub.

- Ground Emplacements
- Ground-based Turbolasers

As always - Let me know if you have any questions or need any help, or, you can just tag me when you're finished. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom