Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vector Plate Failure in the Outer Rim (PM for invites)

Dreams. When they said they were going to change him into a monster they said they would take a lot from him. But one thing they didn't tell him he would lose was dreams. General Raxis stood on the deck of his Corvette, watching the stars fly by. There were millions of billions of beings on each one and each had hopes, dreams, and the ability to feel things he couldn't anymore. Arms crossed over his chest plate, he lowered his head with a sigh.

"Can't sleep either?" asked the familiar voice of Virgil behind him.

Ardgal turned and a start of surprise covered his face. Their old, barely working vessel had to draw all power it could to even run, minimizing the lights. Even in the dim lighting he could see she was out of her armor, a rare thing. He shook his head, "Not a wink. You?"

"Never can since my changes," she said stepping into the dim lighting. He could see her eyes glinting in the control panel's glow but her face was covered. He didn't know why he was surprised, part of Ardgal felt that it was as close as any being would ever come to seeing her face again. His cousin leaned back against the console. Her dark brown eyes carried the soft hue of the hyperspace around them, "So you think its the right idea, setting this base up all the way out here? You've taken an aweful large risk here."

"We need a safe house," the general said without hesitation, "Somewhere we can call home no matter what happens, no matter who or what comes our way a--"

He was cut off by a jolt that took him and Virgil off their feet and slamming against the rusty flooring.

Ardgal pushed himself up to his feet, sirens through the ship were blaring, red lights screamed danger through the ship. Virgil, tough as nails, pulled herself to her feet with him. He could feel his body aching as the Fierreo in him began its rapid healing. The command officers rushed into the cabin assessing the situation.

"Sir, we have lost the main vector plate, damage reports are showing zero response," one of them shouted out.

"The rapid jolt from hyperspace nullified the engines to their core," another said frantically tapping on the controls, "We lost the primary generator, something must have been jammed lose, we are careening head over-heels!"

"Thank the gods for art grav," muttered Virgil shooing away a medic.

"Velocity and vector scales say we are on our way towards a single planet, the data charts say its name is Sabarene," the man paused, "ETA, 3 minutes."

The command deck went dead silent at the sound of their impending doom. All eyes went to their general. He looked out at the cold vaccum of space whirling around them for a moment before seizing command, "Divert all power to emergency boosters, at all costs, even life support and anti grav. Give us a level approach, I want us to have a chance here. Get the engineers on that bay, see whatever they can do to get whatever they can to our engines, see if we can go in for orbit instead of planet fall."

"Yes, sir."

He grabbed onto a handle sticking out from the wall and watched with an emotionless stare as space began to stop spinning and take a more normal approach.

The air grew chillingly cold in a matter of seconds. Ice began to cover the viewport in frosty, chilling layers. The general's breath soon was puffing out white clouds of frozen ice.

"W-w-we have n-normalized approach," the helmsman managed through chattering teeth. "Grav and life support at 30%. Shall I begin deceleration?"

Barely what was needed to keep them alive. He had heard of this before from grizzled vets of the Dark ages, it was Frost Point, a gamble if there ever was one.

"No," Ardgal said, forcing himself to remain unaffected by the cold, "Save the fuel."

"Tech report says the vector plate is beyond saving," one of the officers said grimly, "They have begun repairs on the primary reactor."

"The primary can wait, we need those engines," Virgil said taking a step forward, her scarf fluttering behind her in the low gravity, "We have the secondary running we need those engines."

"She is right," Ardgal concurred, 'Whatever it takes I need those engines up and running."

"Sir, 2 minutes 30 seconds till planet fall."

"Keep your eye on that," Ardgal ordered pointing at the tech officer, "Helmsman, begin deceleration now. Alert when cell levels are to 20 per cent."

"Yes, general." The brown circle growing before them that had been growing larger steadily slowed in the rate it was gaining size. "General, emergency thrusters are at 20%."

"Turn us around," Ardgal ordered, "I want engines planetside."

Virgil shot her cousin a tense look but said nothing, instead she looked over another officer's shoulder, "Time till impact: 30 seconds. Secondary power core is down to 45%" Despite the intense cold, sweat was forming on everyone's bodies. A minute slowly crawled by.

"Sir, engines are up and running, shall I begin deceleration?" asked the tech officer with relief.

Ardgal shook his head, "Wait for my signal, officer, tell all personal to brace."

The warmth of planet fall began to remove all of the chill in their bones. Within seconds, red-hot flames began to flick at the view port and the reduced gravity turned into an intense pull. Ardgal grit his teeth as sirens roared and lights flashed out the danger. He didn't need the dashboard to tell him they were in danger and everything was failing.

"Now, engines now," he said, "all power to engines."

"Engines to full power," the helmsman managed.

The ship around them shook violently as the atmopshere battered their vessel, Ardgal could feel his knuckles gripping his chair with fervor seconds before impact. The Corvette hit the dark soil with a heavy slam that jarred everyone before the ship skipped from the blow. Its aft tore apart, sending the engines flying away like a rag doll. The main fuselage swung through the air in a wild backflip, sending broken metal through the air around them as it hit the ground again with a heavy smash. And just like that, they had landed. Ardgal removed his restraining harness, letting out a sigh of relief. Now that they were here, it was time to get working.

The survivors gathered together at the head of the ship's fuselage. They were scuffed up, he had lost three engineers and two of his officers, but his troops here were tough and they would together make a way.

"Listen up," Ardgal said, scanning them all from his vantage point on the top of the ship's smashed bow. "We are warriors, we have made through worse than this. All we have to do is work together on this. Our ship was full of colony gear as it were. We can salvage what we have in it, get together and we will make this work. We will set something up here and we will be alright. We salvage what we can from the ship, set up camp here, it looks like we have a few hours till sundown. In the next morning we will work on making a second start here. Any questions?" He looked across all the faces before him, "Perfect, let's get started."

The general jumped down from his spot and watched as his troops departed. It didn't take too long for Virgil to find him through the crowd. Instead of her head shaw and plainclothes the woman was now in her armor from head to toe.

"If I was trapped on a planet with anyone, Virgil, I would want that person to be you," he said clasping her on the shoulder, "I know I can count on you."

"We are going to encounter trouble," She said, cutting right to the chase, "I know they trust you, our troops trust you, but we will encounter problems. Not everyone here is vod."

"It could bring trouble," the man said with a nod, "Let's hope for the best and that they realize we must all stand together, or we won't make it through this at all."

"For their sake, I hope so," Virgil said patting her pistol by her side. "I hope so."

"Day six since the freaking corvette finally stopped working" said walking in the black tundra with the helmet on. Hex was doing the best it could to repair the stupid hammerhead, but... "We need a new engine, new side propulsors, a sattelite, ...." the list went on and on so he just walked away, trying to get the idea that he was stuck. The enviroment and some scrap left by the corvette suffered the wrath of Andy. In day three, the food and water began to scarce, so Andy needed to find any civilization or die. Hex didnt had that as priority.

At the end, he just found a creek near, but nothing more. So he grab his gear and went to the north to find someone, even some small town or farm, leaving the ship with the last bottle of water. After a three hour stroll, a red beam of light came from the atmosphere, and Andy smiled seeing his ride out of this planet. And so the DJ ran, attempting to following it "Hex? Stop repairing the stupid ship and follow my GPS signal now!" the ship crashed leaving a trail of destruction. He imagine that the entire crew would be death after that, but he had hopes.

"Alright helmet. Do your thing" after crawling through a hill, hidding himself, the helmet started to scan the ship at a hundred meter distance. It showed the number of the crew and the terrain. A noice was hear and Andy spin around, lighting his lightsaber, almost cutting up Hex in half "Sorry sir. Should have advice you about my presence before"

[member='Ardgal Raxis']

He shook his head and sighed at Virgil's statement. The girl was always so fast to pull the trigger, he was glad she was on his side. Instead of setting up camp outside the battered ship, they decided to set up their rest inside. The report on food was optimal, they had more than enough to last them a month, but water signs were by far more bleak, they had barely enough to go for a week, two if they really stretched it for the 200 men and women with him. That would be their priority then, finding water. But on the plus side, aside from a few bits of the building material most of the gear they had brought with them survived.

"I will sent out scouts in the morning," Ardgal said to Virgil as he lay back on his bed, "Scan the area, look for an ocean, a sign of life, a river, anything. In the mean time, those engineers will work on the coolers, see if they can jerry rig some sort of a moister farm to extend how long we have till we find fresh water."

"Good call," Virgil said climbing on her bunk above his. His cabin had been completely crushed so they were sharing the room of the deceased engineers. "We will need power too."

"That is step two, maybe they can salvage the power co--"

"Sir, the lookout spotted something just on the perimeter," said one of the soldiers bursting into the room, "You said you wanted to handle contact personally?"

Ardgal sighed as he pulled himself out of bed. The warrior strapped his gunbelt around his waist, both of his pistols at his side. So it begins, he thought to himself amused. He nodded at the godkiller who had given him the news personally before stepping out into the open.

"Hey over there," he shouted in the dim light towards the direction his lookout indicated the figure was, "You speak Basic?"

[member="Andy Khor"]

That time, Andy threw the blade at the guy with fear but stop using the force at the last four inches using the force while listening to a death metal song. Although because of the music, he almost didnt thought about to stop it. The blade turned off and the hilt felt to the ground "Alright everyone stop surprising me!" Andy stood up, dusting off the sand and dirt from his clothes. He was so concentrated into reaching the crashed ship, and his force defect didnt let him sensing incoming objects.

"Excuse me about that. Hex scare me just a moment ago and i didnt knew you were coming. Name is Andy. My ship crashed like your five days ago and im low on supplies. If you need any repairs you can grab them from the hammerhead corvette just a few clicks at..." his stomach started to growl and so Andy leave towards the crashed ship to find food, using the force to pull the hilt of his lightsaber to his hand "Well he is hungry. The corvette is at three clicks at the north-east from here. I could give you a list of spare parts you can take, and that is everything of course" the droid proyected a blue imaged with the corvette, detailing the name of the parts and everything that could be worth taken away.

[member='Ardgal Raxis']

A normal being would have stood by and waited for the blade to hit them, but a being enhanced to have super human reflexes like Ardgal, could easily clear the blade tossed at him well before it came near him. He easily side stepped the tossed blade's vector before it even came close to hitting him. He heard a rifle behind him brought to firing mode, the general raised his hand, stopping them, "At ease, soldier."

Ardgal gave the man a nod, "My name is General Ardgal, I thank you for the offer, if you don't mind meeting my mechanics inside, they will look this over and make an assessment."

He gave the droid a nod at its advisement. He extended a tree-like arm in a more polite deterrent than anything else. "Your going to want to slow down there. I have a ship full of 200 soldiers on edge. It'd be a better idea if you eat out here, rather than you risking startling someone and end up with an unneeded scuffle on our hands," he nodded towards the man on watch, who promptly disappeared in the hull of the half of the ship.

"These parts aren't traveled often, what brings you here?" Ardgal asked, killing time as they waited for the man to return with the food. It would be MRE's but MRE's were better than nothing, as they say.

[member="Andy Khor"]

(Sorry for not responding. Didnt receive the notification)

"Wait a second then" Hex flew towards Andy, and brought him back, throwing him to the floor "Alright alright. We will trade you the pieces of the ship for some food" said standing up with a single jump, dusting off the sand from his pants "Im here since almost a week, and didnt get in contact with any civilization. I dont have an antenna, but i scanned the area, and didnt noticed anything that could lead me to a near town or city"

"About the parts sir. The best of it is from mister Khor DJ equipment, but it isnt for trade" "As for why are we here, the hammerhead got a malfunction while passing close the planet. The ship got pulled over to the planet and here we are" Hex showed with its holoproyector the map of their current location and the location of the crashed ship "Thats the location so tell your troops that ravage anything...except the crates i previously separated. Now about the food? I havent had a meal in almost a day" said taking out his helmet, and hanging it at his waist "I think that the payment price is enough for an entrance into your kitchen"

[member='Ardgal Raxis']

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom