Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress VE/VA-013 Avarice-Class Mine

Td8BJsV.gif

VE/VA-013 | Avarice-Class Mine

FeHqHNm.png

BGPtFyq.gif

• Intent: To create a new ordinance to be manufactured and sold by Valnora Enterprise.
  • Image Source: CGTrader | Edits and Dividers made by Jorik Valnora Jorik Valnora
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
  • Permission(s): N/A

VOPGnhh.gif

wC3mArR.gif

• Classification: Mine | Ordinance
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Explosive Type: Baradium Charge
  • Delivery Method: Placed
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Area of Effect: Average
  • Damage Output: Very High

TcxgWHf.gif

• Cluster Mine: The Avarice-class Mine is designed to be deployed as a cluster unit of anywhere from 5-10 individual mines that have the ability to work in sync with each other for the most effective area of effect detonation to occur. If deployed in a cluster configuration, all mines in cluster will detonate simultaneously.
  • Homing In: The mines themselves are built with limited maneuverability thrusters incorporated into their design allowing for limited changes in positioning, including the ability to home in and pursue a target for a brief stint.
  • Variable Frequency: Each cluster of mines operates on a set frequency to ensure a synchronous execution. This frequency of intra-communication is variable and shifts routinely for the purpose of protection against jamming effects.
  • Proximity Effect: The mines do not require a direct impact in order to detonate. Instead proximity sensors allow for them to detail the environment immediately around each triggering the detonation of a singular mine, or cluster, if threat is identified in the effective range of the unit.
  • Lay and Wait: The mines only activate and arm when adversary target has been identified, making it so that their signature while before arming is little to none, incredibly difficult to locate and/or identify.

g5Tg1UE.gif

• Strength in Numbers: While an individual mine itself packs a decent punch on its own, it was designed to be deployed in a cluster unit. When deployed in this fashion, the cluster's damage is multiplied, allowing it to produce enough concussive and ballistic force to potentially stop a number of ships of various sizes in their path.
  • No Target, No Kill: Because their signature provided on scans is extremely weak while not armed (similar to that of an astromech or protocol droid), it is hard to discern and quantify a threat level appropriate to them from an unsuspecting adversary and carry the likelihood to be looked over as a non-threat.
  • What Frequency Was It: Because of the nature of the constantly shifting frequencies used in a cluster in order for the mines to sync together with each other, it is made increasingly more difficult to hack into or jam the ordinance.
  • Course Correction: The maneuverability thrusters incorporated into the design of the mines allows them to migrate or adjust their positioning if necessary.
  • BOOM: As with any explosive ordinance, when detonated, the mine has an area of effect, allowing more than a single target to be effected if each is within proximity of the detonation.

zdDXW1Y.gif

• Frequency Lock: While the constantly varying frequencies of a cluster make the mines increasingly more difficult to hack into or jam, they are not impervious to such attempts. Since they stay on a frequency for a set period of time, it is possible to hack into or jam prior to the frequency shift.
  • Defenseless: These mines have very little physical/energy durability and can be destroyed relatively easily if they can be identified and targeted appropriately.
  • Sloth: While the mines have the ability to reposition and move on their own, their propulsion is limited and rather slow.
  • Stay Very Still: Using the onboard maneuverability thrusters to reposition increases the energy signature of the mines, making them more easily identifiable for what they are.
  • Vacuum: The effectiveness of these mines is limited to space and cannot be used planet-side nor within a planet's atmosphere.

eGyVcc8.gif

WIP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom