Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Vault idea

Hello! I had an idea for the Vault, which a few others thought had a little bit of merit. So I thought I'd pitch it here - do with it what you will :).

Basically the Vault acts as a place where you can sell limited items, etc, mainly by setting a desired price, the number to sell, and then advertising. The idea I had was to create a function where a person could actually "burn" UC in their possession to create an item with intrinsic value; the item could then be transferred or bought, with the understanding that the item had an intrinsic value equal to the number of UC sunk into creating it. Items with intrinsic value would even show up in your UC ledger, but can't be used/removed without transferring the associated item.

This would give some heft to non-combat items such as art, foodstuffs, and other luxury goods which are a little under RPed and represented on the site (rare paintings, statues, and other fluff items anyone?).

Just a thought!

Unique items made on marketplace already have this desired effect you want, the only thing missing is people offering up UCs which come down to individual choice on the Marketplace. Although I have seen transactions on marketplace using UCs, with this post giving me the inspiration to make a purchase using 45,000 of my UCs just now. The only issue I may see with using the vault for this purpose is creating unnecessary bloat to the systems already in place with Factory, Codex, Marketplace.

You should definitely try it using the current methods available (Factory/Codex) and offer them up on Marketplace for UCs and see what fish bite. It could be the start of something really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom