Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Vaulkhar's Second Lightsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://mrbrainz.deviantart.com/art/Sith-Lightsaber-66948673
(The lightsaber color itself is not black)

Intent: A personal lightsaber for Vaulkhar; something unique to him now that he's had some more experience with the Force and combat.
Development Thread: If necessary.
Manufacturer: Vaulkhar Zambrano [Personal]
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Personal; Vaulkhar Zambrano.
Modularity: No.
Production: Unique
Materials:
  • Durasteel - The hilt itself
  • Qixoni Crystal
Classification: Lightsaber
Size: One-Handed primarily; can be used two-handed.
Length:
  • Hilt: 30 cm
  • Standard Blade: 145 cm
  • Extended Blade: 215 cm
Weight: 1 kilogram
Special Features:
  • Curved Hilt Design: Vaulkhar designed the hilt to fit well into his duelist style of combat, as the curved hilt works well with his favored form of lightsaber combat, Makashi. But as he's now setting his sights on other aggressive styles, such as Djem So, it'll aid there as well.
  • Dual-Phase Setting: Something not included in his first lightsaber. Added to this new design, it allows for Vaulkhar to change the length of his blade from 145 centimeters, to an extended 215. While it is not the greatest of lengths, it allows for the element of surprise. It can be switched back and forth, if necessary.
  • Bifurcating cyclical-ignition: Allows for the lightsaber to be used under water if necessary.
  • Qixoni Crystal: Can only be used by a Darksider, increases the ability of force strength slightly. (Would it be possible for the blade to appear dark orange in color, rather than red? Purely aesthetic)
Strengths:
  • Curved Hilt works well with Vaulkhar's fighting methods.
  • Can be used underwater.
  • Can change length for surprise attacks.
  • Can only be used by darksiders.
Weaknesses:
  • Since it's still Durasteel, other lightsabers can still break it.
  • If Vaulkhar turns to the lightside, he cannot use it.
Description: When Vaulkhar was younger and created his first lightsaber in the Sith Academy upon Coruscant, he was not entirely sure how to make it his own. Since then, the lightsaber has served him well, but it has since lost it's unique feeling to him. Once he realized this, he began planning something unique for him, that way when he took on his own apprentice, he could simply give his old saber away if necessary. The curved hilt compliments his fighting style greatly and the utilization of the Qixoni crystal makes it unable to be used by his foes. That, plus the ability to strengthen his own force strength works well for him, as he is not entirely strong, more lithe and agile.

The lightsaber was designed for his preference in dueling but there was more put into it, with the dual phase setting and the bifurcating crystal-ignition. In extreme situations or situations where his skill alone may not be capable of overtaking the enemy, the element of surprise or change in environment could always aid in the battle. The blade is a necessity for him so he decided to make it both unique and efficient.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Vaulkhar"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

You seem to be missing the Strengths & Weaknesses portion of the template. Please add that in where it belongs.

Vaulkhar said:
Qixoni Crystal: Can only be used by a Darksider, increases the ability of force strength slightly. (Would it be possible for the blade to appear dark orange in color, rather than red? Purely aesthetic)
  • Sure. I don't see why there couldn't possibly be a slight variation, given how violently they were created.

Jamie Pyne said:
You seem to be missing the Strengths & Weaknesses portion of the template. Please add that in where it belongs.
Strengths and weaknesses added in.

My apologies for that, I looked back on my past lightsaber submission and it didn't have it, so I thought I accidentally used the wrong format. But the issue has been fixed, thank you.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom