Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Variety is the Spice of Life

KESSEL
Transport Station 3
hAO8p.jpg
On this misshapen rock of a planet, the mining of one of the most important illegal spices in the Galaxy was harvested on a daily basis by indentured slaves that ripped through the mines to collect and crush the powder down to a usable spice. Glitterstim was by far the most potent and dangerous spice on the black market and had been for sometime. Even when mixing it, the base of the spice was certainly strong, and worth it's weight in credits ten times over. The mines tunneled through that asteroid like planet, and the large metallic pumps drug it up to the surface to be deposited into large transport hovercraft that would ship it to a processing plant, and then off-world for various and sundry means.

This is where Amaul had concocted a crafty scheme to ensure the deployment of the spice to his own funded campaign. He however could not do it alone, but that was rarely an obstacle when it came to getting jobs done. Amaul had already secured the community name of Blitz, and under it had taken his Uncle's empire by storm, and going a new direction. This next step in his operation was to gain access to the spice mines of Kessel and make sure that he could obtain the needed transport of the spice to his front door, packaged and ready to be deployed with his own special blend of course.

Every dealer in spice needed a signature drug, and he had already formulated his own with careful chemical study and a few bribed scientists who could do the chemistry configuration better than he could. Amaul though prided himself on understanding every part of the operation. If his employ preformed well though, credits and spice were at their disposal. If they didn't do as he wanted, they were the ones being disposed of. For this particular job he had called in some contacts who had been vouched for by some of his own within the Family. His team consisted of a Smuggler, an Infochant, a droid for muscle, and someone else who had been spoken highly of on Nar Shaddaa's underground market.

The Deathstick was currently on a landing pad on one of the south-east sectors of the planet in a private hangar that he had made the rendezvous point. Two of his 'brothers' were with him aboard the vessel and were currently on-board getting together preparations for the job at hand. The signal had gone out to each member of the party and had given them the coordinates to meet in person with him. The message had been anonymous but promised high credits to the individuals. Blitz had an official overseeing the mines in his pocket, and his record of landing had been scrubbed from the official log, leaving him untraceable to the location. Currently the half-blood was leaning against the wing of his craft letting the smoke from his deathstick waft above him in swirls and wisps of smoke drumming out a beat on the wing's hull with his other leather gloved hand as some heavily syncopated tunes flooded his ears from the buds he had inserted while he watched the sky from the protective field that kept the atmosphere in and the vacuum out.

@[member="Tharan Hatter"] @[member="Galen Arterius"] @[member="Lex Matako"] @[member="Mr. Ash"]​

Lex Matako

Smuggler and Infochant on the Side
@[member="Blitz"] @Tharan Hatter @Galen Arterius @Mr. Ash
Lex was quite eager to arrive and join on the operation, with his signature happy stroll and dashing grin on his face, he was making his way through the station towards the Deathstick, his own ship, Lady Luck, landed and secured somewhere safe for the time being.
He whistled to himself slightly, wearing his usual jacket and outfit, his favorite blaster concealed underneath the clothing in case of trouble, and trouble was most certainly coming their way.

Either way, trouble or not, he was very excited for the job, well, he was excited for pretty much any job, after all, anything was better than another desk job.
And as far as he knew, it was another heist this time, even bigger than that bank job he joined not too long ago.

Anyhoo, Lex was closing in on his destination, pretty soon Blitz would be able to see that mane of greenish tentacles and bright smile heading his way, unmistakeable traits of the smuggler-infochant.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
Ash didn't really know Blitz that well, except that he was a drug-runner and that he knew his way around smuggling. Still, he was okay with that. Nothing wrong with a pro smuggler. He decided to join him on this little enterprise, having been informer that there'd be decent money in it. He was still pretty recent to the cartel, but he knew opportunity when he saw it, and this kid was ambitious. Either it'd be a wash or it'd be a profit. If the money were solid, he could pocket a piece of the action. He just knew he was playing muscle right now, as Blitz hadn't offered much else. He knew kessel had more spice than anything else, that was the only reasons anyone was on this ugly rock. Still, there was money to be made, and thus, there was money for them to push.

He walked over to where they were parked, looking at Blitz and the other fellow--he had seen his type before, but not him. Still, Ash could tell just from the way he carried himself he was a sweet-talker. Good. They could good crook, homicidal crook if they needed to interrogate someone. "You here for the gig as well? Good. The more the merrier," he said with a firm nod. "I'm Mr. Ash. I'm assuming you've already met Blitz," he said, holding out his realistically fake hand for the Nautolan politely. After all, no sense in not gettign along with the other members of his syndicate.

"Alright, Blitz. So tell me, what should I be ready for?" he said with what could only be described as a Rictus grin. "I'd just like to know what I'm keeping an eye out for. Aside from people trying to kill us, which is always something to keep an eye on." He looked at the wild lunatic smoking in front of him.The man didn't seem like a tactical master-mind, but then, a good criminal schemer knew how to look completely incapable of being the one to get it all done.

Gloved digits ceased their drumming pattern as the first of his crew had arrived in the star-port. He hadn't met any of the four he had put contacts out to, not in person, and he hadn't even had facial recognition yet, so this black skull before him was going without a name for now. Though just because he didn't match the face to a name immediately there were clues however that gave away his identity. He'd hired very specific people for this job, and right now this was not one of them. This was the droid. He was the muscle that had been talked about. Be it the ashen black skull for a face, or the way that he dressed, various queues into the manner of appearance combined with his question echoed exactly who he was dealing with. A long drag was taken from his particular brand of narcotic stick before he let it slid to the corner of his mouth. His right hand slid to his belt clip where the music player rested and he flipped a switch to silence the ear buds.

"The unknown is such a confusing place." He said, those deep robust tones of his voice echoing out in a smooth and calm fashion as another tendril of smoke rose from his lips and nostrils vanishing into the air after a few more lingering seconds. "Yo' presence here is to keep things..." Blitz brought each hand up gloved in red and black leather and slid together in a tight knit fashion. "...secure, Mr. Ash. What is about to take place needs a good mind and a strong body. I heard you had both, were made to have both." Amaul added in giving him the hint that he knew that he was speaking with an assassination droid. "If anyone threatens the security of this 'ere operation - well that would fall squarely in your capable hands. Ya read me?" He asked in the slow and calm tone as he dropped his hands while he watched the next player in this game arrive.

A Nautolan grinning from gill to gill strolling up the walkway that connected space ports and docking bays before he joined the gathered company. This one he at least knew from the reports he'd already sent his way. The infochant was here to provide the needed information. Amaul had some already, but there were key parts of the work to be done that required an expert in the field of information discovery. Digits of his left hand slid into his black jacket pocket to produce a small data chip which the held between thumb and forefinger.

"Here's the man with the part of da' plan. I trust you have it, or else you wouldn't have come." Blitz offered Lex as he approached handing over the data chip so he could download from Lex's datapad. He'd asked him for the schematic readout of the pumps that brought the product up to the surface and put them into the transport hover-craft. He had also requested that he get the access codes for the blast-doors at the entrance and exit to the mining operation. Both seemed to be useless together, but this was only a fraction of the information he needed.

@[member="Tharan Hatter"] @[member="Galen Arterius"] @[member="Lex Matako"] @[member="Mr. Ash"] @[member="Tyger Tyger"]​

Lex Matako

@[member="Blitz"] @Mr. Ash @Tharan Hatter @Galen Arterius
Lex finally joined the group, nodding to Blitz and what looked like a burned jerky wearing a suit, he glanced to Blitz with a smirk as he began to speak
"Here's the man with the part of da' plan. I trust you have it, or else you wouldn't have come."

Lex smirked and protruded a datapad from beneath a flap of his jacket, spinning it on the palm of his hand before taking the offered datachip and inserting it into his welcoming datapad.
"Of course I have it, I always see a job through."
As the datapad was loading the information on the chip, Lex slightly looked diagonally to the side, thinking about something, before looking back to Blitz
"Well unless there's something more exciting going on, like a gunfight.."
He paused for a second before adding in quickly
".. Or nakedness- oop, the data loaded!"

He ejected the chip with a grin and gave it back to Blitz
"Everything you need to know for this mission, no more, no less."
He gave Blitz a wink, and indeed, everything Blitz asked Lex for would be there on the chip, and on the datapad, the schematics and the codes included.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
@[member="Lex Matako"] @[member="Blitz"]
Ash nodded calmly and slowly. "Gotcha. Keep us all from getting any unwanted attention," he said with a calm nod as the other man approached. A cheerful, hyperactive type. He watched as blitz flipped through what looked like schematics on a datapad. We're they gonna pull a job on the refinery? This really could be a big score. Dong anything major to a facility this size could spell serious suffering for one gang, and massive bank for another. As long as he was part of "another," this was aces and eights. He didn't acknowledge the man's droid comment. He knew, that was fine. Probably meant he had force senses, or maybe he heard from somebody. although, it was a pretty short list.
He gave a soft chuckle at the antics of Lex. This guy was either a professional clown, or completely karking nuts. Maybe both. Still, a joker, a leg-breaker and a narc-hungry runner did not a full job make, usually. "So, I take it we're waiting for the other jigsaw bits to fall into place? Good, it should be entertaining." He looked around and leaned against a wall, his plain, brown, almost-human looking eyes looking around the area. No threats, yet. Still, he didn't know who was and wasn't good, so he'd keep an eye on everyone. Blitz seemed to have grasp on what he was doing. Lex was...well, eager, if a little erratic. He wondered who else was ocmign ot this party, and if he'd have to kill anyone. He had his heavy pistol and slicewire, just in case.

The collection of the data chip in his palm was transferred from digit to digit as he thumbed it across the leather encased his fingers, while his gaze remained currently on the Nautolan. Beneath the dark shades of which digital display was currently off, emerald eyes glanced at the chip and then back towards the two that were part of his temporary crew. Releasing the stick from between his lips, Blitz gave a quick whistle to signal a compatriot before replacing the still lit drug infused stick. From within the ship's cargo hold, the figure of a black beek-monkey scampered out holding Blitz's own data-pad, and moving like the agile beast he was upwards atop the wing, handing over the pad with curious amusement. Krieg was a loyal friend, but also quite an irritable grouch if he didn't get his fill of his special 'sauce'. A primate screech was given towards the two strangers, causing Blitz to smirk at the reaction.

"It's cool Krieg, they be doing me a solid, 'ere?" Quieting his pet with those words as he slid the data-chip into his pad and began to skim over the information, finger swipe after finger swipe judging the contents in silent scrutiny. Tilting his head up from the read-out, his focus remained on Lex for the time being, giving a moment of thought before his lips parted again, finishing another drag. Smoke emptied out as his words formed, making them all the more fluid. "Da infochant checks out, your intel seems legit, and if it holds up to snuff we'll be in business. Stick around though, I've got plans for you and the rest of the crew - when they show." His gaze turning as did his head to focus on the skull like visage of Ash. Black shades activated a digital display of a clock counting down, indicating what exactly was on his mind. "Time is a precious commodity, and if I could sell it, I might not even bother with the product. The others on my short list best beat feet, or else they better not show up at all. Being late gets you dead, real quick."

Amaul didn't enjoy being stood up anymore than a nervous girl on her first date. It was a sign of betrayal of trust, and in a family type of situation, trust meant a lot. Blitz was no stranger to that, and he had rectified it all too late in his book. He'd not be late again when dealing out his particular brand of justice for those that cost him. There was still some time though before things would start to cause problems, and his brothers on board were still getting things prepped. One of them; a larger blue-skinned Chiss stuck his head out from the boarding ramp and gave a nod, signifying that their part had been done on-board, and they were ready to deploy. It was just a matter of time now.

@[member="Tharan Hatter"] @[member="Galen Arterius"] @[member="Lex Matako"] @[member="Mr. Ash"] @[member="Tyger Tyger"]​

Lex Matako

@[member="Blitz"] @Mr. Ash
"Who else are we expecting to join us?"
Lex asked, slightly looking over the primate thingy creature Blitz summoned before, the one he named Krieg
Lex did not really recognized the species, and he was still curious as to who else is joining the party
It was curiosity all around for this Nautolan

Victor Thrash

V
'Damn Gizkas...'

This was exactly why Galen said he never dealt in flesh, things always just got out of hand. Granted, transporting a group of humans may have been a better idea than a pair of gizkas, the consequence was the same in the Glaucus' mind. The two gizkas had bred into a small colony of the buggers and the small shipment of two that he had been scheduled to drop on they way to meet 'Blitz', had been blown into this terrible nightmare. But he didn't have a crew, so he couldn't have them take care of the damn pests...For now he would just have to leave them there.

The hiss of the Avalon's boarding ramp filled the cargo bay as the tall alien creature stepped down the durasteel ramp. Taking his speeder down he soon came into view of the small band of criminals. His favorite kind of people. They always paid well, for the most part they paid on time, and they didn't ask questions and he didn't need to know anything. It was a life that was not for the feint of heart, but hey, maybe Galen just liked to live on the edge.

"Sorry I'm late...Gizka infestation in the ship." The strange flanging effect in the tall reptilian's voice normally made other sentients uncomfortable. Bot many had come into contact with his species...Taking a cigar from his coat pocket, lighting it and taking a long drag, some of the smoke seeping from between the teeth and mandibles on the sides of his head.
@[member="Lex Matako"] @Blitz @Mr. Ash​

An excited and shrill screeching from the beek-monkey with his flailing arms alerted Blitz to another of the group he'd put word out to. This one - this Glaucus was reported to be in the smuggling trade - and in specific the spice smuggling trade. Shifting from his position for the first time, Amaul took to a knee and plucked a small green glass bottle from the ground near the edge of the boarding ramp, before returning to Krieg. All these new faces excited the primate, and it would only get more arduous if he didn't do something to calm his little friend. Dragging the bottle-cap over his jacket edge, a small metallic pry-bar resided over one of the buttons which flipped the cap into his awaiting leather palm. The bottle was then handed over to Krieg after giving the creature a sniff.

"Easy lil'brother, have a swig." The beek-monkey took the bottle in both hands and began to nurse it like mother's milk - instead of the alcohol it contained. It was plausible that Blitz's little friend had anger issues based on all the chemical influences, but he preferred it that way. Shifting his form to watch the approaching smuggler as Galen gave his excuse of Gizka infesting his ship. "I'd say better late than nevah but I'd be lying. Hope da lizards won't be an issue in getting my product shipped out. I'd hate to see what Gizka do when jamming on da glitter. Ya dig?" Amaul said without an ounce of sarcasm, as he was quite serious that he didn't want the replicating lizards infecting the take from this job. It was also a veiled warning to the smuggler that he didn't like or abide excuses. This was however contractor work, so he wouldn't be busting skulls for being tardy.

"Alright, listen up. This is a two part plan." Amaul said as one of his brethren stepped down the boarding ramp with another toting a large metallic case that they placed down upon the durasteel surface beneath their feet. Blitz stepped over and opened the crate to expose some of the tools of the trade. Cutting, welding, and other various instruments. "Part one is sabotage. We're aiming at pump number three over the south-east canyon. Less security there, and the pickup is being pushed back thanks to my man on da inside." Amaul lifted a laser-cutter from the bin and tossed it to the infochant. "You and Galen are gonna be putting da kabosh on that pump." From the bin, a second data-pad was picked up, which he linked to the first and downloaded the codes for the security blast doors at either side of the mine shafts. This he handed off towards the droid.

"Part two. When you receive da signal on this, use the codes and lock down the blast doors. No one gets in or out." His gaze shifted to all three gathered there before he turned to his brothers and gave a nod. The two would be splitting up with the teams. Mr. Ash would get Ofta - the large tattooed Zabrak to tag alone and provide backup. The team of the smuggler and infochant would be pairing up with Jos'na; a man dressed in a black trenchcoat with a dark mask covering his entire head making him indistinguishable for species. "My brothers will make things go smooth and help out with whatever you need. Any questions?" Amaul said as he stamped out his deathstick on the ground underneath his boot and straightened his jacket to look a bit more presentable. Amaul had other business to attend to that would need to be coordinated with the likes of both teams.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
Mr. Ash nodded. Compartmentalizing, and making sure that nobody has enough information to screw anyone else up. Good planning. Glad to see Blitz actually was as much a planner as he acted like. He grinned, his teeth lining up like a bent zipper. His eyes flicked red briefly as he nodded to Ofta, his colleague for this mission. "I'm assuming since you're coming with me, you've got the skills to fight people off if things get hairy. You can use me for cover, my cyrobg body can take a huge beating," he said to the large Zabrak. He had his pistol, a case of slice wire, and cheap laser-knife on him. He had some spare clips if he needed them, but at fifty shots between re-loads, he could take his time.

He nodded calmly. "And you're gonna be off enacting the third part of this crazy plan, I take it?" He said to Blitz. "Good. If the plan changes just beep on the comm-link in the datapad," he said calmly. Feth, this might actually be a fun haul, after all. He wondered what the real goal of all this was. He nodded to Ofta. "You ready to head to the door, big guy?"

Lex Matako

@Mr. Ash @[member="Blitz"] @[member="Galen Arterius"]
Lex slowly rose his hand when Blitz asked for questions
"Do you have goggles by any chance?"
He raised the cutter slightly
"This does produces sparks and fragments on some surfaces."
He then motioned with his hand to his eye area and face
"Large sensitive eyes who work the best in wet climates."

There was a moment for an awkward pause before he continued on
"Not the best thing to have unprotected when dealing with machinery like that."

Victor Thrash

V
Galen folded his arms and let the smoke from his cigar continue to seep from his mouth. Galen wasn't bad in a quick fight as long as he had his blaster...But sabotage? That...wasn't really his department. "Forgive the insubordination when I say this but..." Pointing a thumb to his ship and taking the cigar in his other hand he spoke, the smoke flowing from his mouth like some sort of organic fireplace, "I came to fly, you need out or product moved...I'll get it done. But that?" he nodded towards the tools. "I don't mix."

It was often a well substantiated fact that if you threw enough credits at a problem, it went away. That is unless you were dealing with the issues of morality, judgement, or personal preference. Organizing a crew often called for a nack of conflict resolution, and a good bit of tact and smooth talking. At times this was something that naturally game to the suave and mellow entrepreneurial Blitz, and other times it just aggravated the fire outta him. The first order of business to was to address the concerns, and the easiest of them - that was the infochant who was just making noise he supposed to make noise. Still concerns were concerns, and he took it in stride by simply giving a nod towards the brother he had assigned to work with Lex and the reluctant Galen.

"Give a man some credit, I don't do things half way." Blitz motioned with one gloved hand towards the taller being dressed in black who produced two pair of goggles from the bin, and a pair of face masks to deal with the thin oxygen levels that they would be dealing with at pump three. "You'll have everything you need to take that pump outta commission for the time being." He said taking a glance over at the smuggler who had voiced his concern. Booted feet turned as he took a few steps towards Galen in a relaxed posture. Amaul may have seemed like quite a calm and rational person, but that was just how he responded to most things until the trigger was pulled and he exploded without warning - or mercy. His level of patience though had yet to be fully seen by this group.

"You're a noticer. I noticed that you're a noticer - and I like that. Keep your eyes on the prize. But dig it, I put good credits down for a top-notch smuggler. And that's what I need." He stepped forward a little closer, under the din cast by Galen's unique shadow. "I reckon though that ya need to..." Amaul began to say as his hands motioned from a contracted position and parted to diverge from one another. "...expand your horizons. Leave the cuttin' ta him, you're there to collect. They'll be plenty for you ta smuggle once this gets underway." His voice then dropped an octave and cut into a whisper as the digital displays of his shades faded to a deep red. "If that don't jive with you though, I'd take your credits, your Gizka and your ship and get off this rock just as fast as you came before we have other issues." Good help was hard to find, and he wasn't going to immediately throw away a contact and a smuggler when he didn't need to.

The shades returned to their normal glossy black as he straightened his jacket and turned from Galen to look straight at the droid. A simple nod was afforded while he moved to collect a shiny metal blaster from the pin and clip it into a holster in his jacket after he checked the charge. It never hurt to be prepared, and a good blaster at your side was often part of these kind of negotiations. But the threat of violence wasn't enough, and Blitz well knew how to be prepared. Another long survey of the crowd was given while the final preparations were underway. Things were about to get fairly interesting on this spice mine. The muscular Zabrak took a glance at his droid companion for the outing and gave side-long glance somewhat asking if he was serious, but the nod from Blitz gave him enough pause to answer in kind.

"Not generally an issue. Let's go." His gruff base voice came out as expected from a man of his fierce demenaour, and began to part company with the lot of them, to take Mr. Ash in tow towards the site in question. The other as of yet un-named man would be leading the other two towards the pump. Just before leaving the de-brief a smirk touched the lips of Blitz as the digital shades lit up once more, as two words blinked across each panel in gold.

SHOW TIME

@[member="Tharan Hatter"] @[member="Galen Arterius"] @[member="Lex Matako"] @[member="Mr. Ash"] @[member="Tyger Tyger"]

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
Mr. Ash nodded. "Fair enough, big guy," he muttered calmly. After all, who was he to question someone who like him, obviously worked in the "big scary guy" position on jobs like this? Anyhow, he tried to maintain his usual demeanor of solid, tough and ugly as he walked, nodding to the Zabrak. He looked at the tablet noncommittally. "Alright, so, I haven't worked with your boss before. He usually do this cryptic stuff with the master plan?" Ash said, curious about these new people.

" I figure it can't hurt to ask, since if all this works, we'll probably all be working together again," he said with his usual, flat, calm delivery as he saw the door in the distance. He scaled his photoreceptors. "Two guards. Thermals don't who anything weird going on," he said as his 'eyes' flickered red briefly. "Either we can jump 'em, and try to kill them before they get a radio, or we separate them and pop 'em one at a time, maybe keep one alive as a hostage--or a human shield. You got a preference, big fella?" He replied, his calm, distant voice ringing hollow to the burly Zabrak.

Lex Matako

@Mr. Ash @Blitz @Galen Arterius
Lex put on his face mask and goggles with a slight moist squish of his green Nautolan body
He mumbled something out along the lines of "This is not so bad."
Slightly raising his hands, as if in a cheer, next he sounded out what seemed to be "My first industrial job!"

Handing a cutter to an ex-accountant may not have been the best choice for the mission, but at least this can lead no-where but hijinks and hilarity.

Victor Thrash

V
The glaucus shrugged. "Alright, alright." For a human, Blitz was could be pretty intimidating. Maybe that came from his experience with his kind of people, or maybe it was because Galen was really deep down a wimp. Either way it seemed as if the operation would begin.
@[member="Lex Matako"] @Mr. Ash @[member="Blitz"]
(Sorry for the short and super late post guys...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom