Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Vantacloak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valgærd

Vantacloak.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
cloak2.png

• Intent: Create a cloak for Umai
  • Image Source: Witch's Cloak (Etsy)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Me

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: CIS
  • Model: Vantacloak
  • Affiliation: Umai
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material:
    Shadowsilk
  • Toazin Leather

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Light
  • Resistances
    Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): None
  • Kinetic: Low
  • Lightsabers: None
  • Heat/Thermal: Average
  • Cold/Ice: Average
  • Slash/Blades: None
  • Piercing/Slugs: None
  • Anti-Force Sense: Extreme
  • Anti-Direct Force: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Temperate: maintains the wearer’s body temperature in warm or cool climates
  • Invisibility: able to render the wearer completely invisible both physically and through the force
  • Resistance to force-based attacks

Strengths:
  • Temperate: If a cloak could be only one thing, it should be able to protect the wearer from the elements. Thus, this cloak is able to do just that, keeping Umai warm, dry and relatively comfortable in unpleasant climates.
  • What? Where? When activated, this cloak’s force powers allow it to render the wearer invisible to the naked eye. Additionally, it is able to hide the wearer’s heat signature, and muffle their sound to a degree, so only louder noises from the cloak would be heard and the wearer can move around with relative freedom from being heard. Additionally, the cloak has the ability to hide the wearer's force signature when activated. This means that while shrouded in the fabric, the user is completely invisible not only physically, but also in the force. Even the most powerful of force-users would be unable to penetrate the cloak's shroud.
  • Viva La Resistance: The manner in which this cloak was created, imbuing the force into the fabric along with secret alchemical treatments mean that whilst also being able to hide the wearer, this cloak can also protect them from force-based attacks. While it won’t nullify damage completely, a force strike that would send someone to the ground might only cause them to stumble as the cloak absorbs some of the damage
Weaknesses:
  • Only a Cloak: While this cloak is able to protect its wearer from some force damage, at the end of the day it is only a cloak. Everything else from plasma bolts, slugs, even the humble knife would tear right through the fabric with no resistance.
  • Don’t Zap Me: Due to the Sith Alchemy in the cloak’s construction, force-lightning, (or indeed natural lightning or other electricity-based attacks) will interfere significantly with its function, rendering it useless temporarily.
  • Force Null: As this cloak is force-imbued, in a force-nullification area, it would serve as little more than a fashionable accessory for the wearer’s corpse unless they came prepared.
  • Only what it covers: The cloak can only render invisible whatever the fabric is covering. If the wearer wishes to reach out and take something, brandish a weapon, or otherwise interact with thins beyond the cloak’s drape, whatever they extend beyond the shroud will be visible to all around.
  • Did you try turning it off and on? The cloak must be activated in order to render its wearer unseen. If the wearer forgets to activate it through the force, or is otherwise unable to, it will be unable to protect them.
  • The Shot Heard Around the World: The cloak's shadowsilk muffles sounds, but it does not mute them. While minor sounds like breathing and footfalls might be concealed, the shriek of a lightsaber or the angry cough of a blaster would be too loud for the garment's cloak to conceal, and thus, susceptible to giving away the wearer's position.

DESCRIPTION
The first thing someone might notice about this cloak is the striking black fabric. Rather than simply being a dark shade, the material seems to just absorb all light, giving the cloak the appearance of being a glimpse of the void itself. Darker than a moonless night, it shrouds the wearer in its inky fabric and when activated, both appear to cease to exist completely as light is bent around the cloak and sound is muffled. Additionally, it can mask its wearer’s force and heat signatures, hiding them from both thermal scanners and even the strongest of force users when activated. That is far from the cloak’s only use, however. It can also dampen the effects of some force attacks, lessening their intensity. And, of course, it is a cloak; an incredibly well-made one. This means that in uncomfortably hot or cold climates, it can keep its wearer at a comfortable temperature.

The exact origins of the cloak are something of a mystery. There is evidence of sith alchemy woven into the fabric, and the entire garment is imbued with the force. Unfortunately, with this art apparently lost, it’s highly likely this item is one-of-its kind.
This cloak is not without its drawbacks. Due to the Sith alchemy present in its construction, it is vulnerable to the signature force-lightning for which the Sith are known. Without such lightning at one’s disposal, nullification of the force would also render this cloak inert while in such an area. Additionally, it must be activated in order for any of its benefits to be used, and being an object without sentience, it cannot do so intuitively, relying on the user to know when to use it. It is unknown if the cloak was originally designed to be worn over top of other armor, however, it’s speculated that this is the case, considering the cloak is both large enough to do so and provides very little protection on its own, necessitating the need for additional fortification by the wearer.
Finally, it is the fabric of this cloak that shrouds the wearer from detection. Thus, anything protruding from the fabric, would not be protected. An arm wielding a blaster or the tell-tale glow of a lightsaber floating in mid-air would give away a foolish bearer of this garment just as quickly as being visible.

Hello, a very nice submission. I think we'll have no problem getting it through but there are some things to address.

First of all, the submission is very well balanced and fair. However, I'm worried that the way the cloak's abilities are described and the actual ratings do not match up.

A few examples, and areas where we need some clarification.

Umai said:
Heat/Thermal: Low Cold/Ice: Low

Umai said:
Temperate: maintains the wearer’s body temperature in warm or cool climates
A low rating means the cloak would be "Less than normal" as compared to something of the same class. You state that the cloak can maintain a person's internal body temperature in warm and cold climates. That sounds more like an Average rating.

Also, I would like clarification of this cloaks ability to shroud the wearer's force signature and presence. Would a master-level force user be fooled by this cloak? If so, your rating in that section is too low.

[member="Umai"]

Valgærd

[member="Adron Malvern"] thank you very much!

I didn't want people to assume it could deflect fire and ice based attacks, so I think I went too far in the opposite direction. Thanks heaps for pointing that out, I've adjusted the ratings accordingly. As for the force signature hiding, I have updated the special features, strengths, and description to reflect the strength of the cloak's power.

If it needs anything more please just let me know, and thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom