- Intent: To design a new flagship for the GADF based on the 5.0 Factory Rules
- Image Source: Click - SWFanon
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: Click - Third Completed GA Dominion
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: The Galactic Alliance, Primo Victorian Shipwright (x), SoroSuub Corporation (x)
- Model: Vanguard-class Super Star Dreadnought
- Affiliation: The Galactic Alliance, Supreme Commander Teth
- Production: Unique
Hull: Quadanium, Durasteel, Trimantium
- Interior: Turadium
- Frame: Alusteel
- Misc: Transparisteel Viewports, Agrinium Reactor Shielding, Duraplast,Turadium Blast Doors
- Classification: Super Star Dreadnought
- Length: 10,000m
- Width: 5,097m
- Height: 3,549m
- Armament: Extreme
Warhammer Shield Cracker
- 2 Orbital Autocannons
Octuple Barbette Turbolasers
- Heavy Turbolaser Turrets
- Turbolaser Batteries
- Long-range Turbolasers
- MK82M4 'Shortbow' Plasma Railguns
- MK78M2 'Longbow' Plasma Railguns
- Concussion Missile
- Advanced Proton Torpedo
- Ion Torpedo / Disruptor Torpedo
- Flechette Missile
- Intruder Missile
- Type-B Homing Mine
[*]Heavy Tractor Beams
Semira-Type Shield Systems
Backup Deflector Shields
- AV-X07d 'Nimbus' Point Defense Lasers
- AV-X06d 'Splinter' Rotary Flak Guns
- Antimissile Octets
- Quad Laser Cannons
- Cap Drain
- 42 Fighter Squadrons
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
[*]Speed Rating: Very Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average
- Non-Combat Attachments:
- CHX 5.0 Acoustic Theater
- Ship-wide neural net
- 16 Sabrina waste heat recovery device
- 8 Zak Ion Drives
- Medical Equipment
- Escape Pods
- Exterior Docking Rings
- Meditation Chamber
- Castameer Tactical Display
- Watchtower Collision Avoidance System
- Gravimetric Sensor Net
- HoloNet transceiver
- Advanced Navicomputer
- Heavily Armed for 'Liberation': The Vanguard is the most heavily armed single ship in the GADF by a considerable margin. Loaded with a large assortment of weapons and gravity well generators, along with its most significant and powerful weapon, being an axial ion-pulse cannon mounted on the uppermost section of the bow. The cannon itself is incapable of destroying ships or targets outright, but fires a powerful ion burst capable of disabling electronic systems in its path. At full strength, the weapon itself is capable of temporarily disabling planetary-based shields.
- Hitting it only makes it angry: With its advanced molecular shielding system, and strong hull and frame, the Vanguard-class can be quite difficult to deal with for an enemy. This is further compounded by the wide variety of defensive systems and weapons which can be found along the ship, providing it with a wide array of defensive systems.
- Ion-Pulse Recharge Time: Considering the unique nature of the weapon, the Ion-Pulse cannon on the Vanguard can only be fired once before technicians need to scrub the weapon of any residual ionized particles to ensure it can fire safely again. Though technically the Ion-Pulse cannon can be fired before this process is complete, residual ionized particles within the cannon could result in a series of cascade failures, making this a slow and incredibly careful process.
- Slow as a snail: The Vanguard is an extraordinarily slow ship, despite the significant number of thrusters mounted onto it. Considering the majority of its interior space and systems are focused on its weaponry and other tech, the ship itself is not an especially quick craft outside of hyperspace.
- Friendly Fire Potential: The Vanguard utilizes an Ion-Pulse cannon which can not differentiate friend from foe. As such, any targets, including friendly ones caught in the fire of the Ion-Pulse cannon will also have their systems disabled.
- Came from Behind: The Vanguard suffers from a lack of dedicated weaponry on its stern, and as such it cannot devote its full firepower to any ship that moves into its blind spot. Though it attempts to make up for this weakness through the deployment of mines, smaller craft are usually able to avoid these easily, meaning that escort craft are a necessity for the Vanguard.
Initially conceived following the destruction of the Itsukusk and the death of Nemo Ven, the Vanguard-class Super Star Dreadnought was intended to be the new flagship of the Galactic Alliance Defence Fleet, under control of its new Supreme Commander. The initial design was heavily dictated by the new Supreme Commander, Aryn Teth, following the Alliance's early defeats at the Hydian Way and Varonat, as the first in a series of dreadnoughts that would allow the Alliance to more effectively combat many of the strengths the Alliance's enemies utilize.
It was through a lengthy process of debate, and the assistance of the Alliance's allies in the Confederacy that the primary weapon of the Vanguard was conceived, a super heavy ion-pulse cannon capable of disabling enemy capital ships, and even planetary-based shields, making the Dreadnought an incredibly powerful tool in the Alliance's arsenal for assisting ground assaults and invasions.
Following the beginning of the Alliance's reconstruction efforts on Thyferra, the GADF's high command began to work closely with Primo Victorian Shipwrights and their CEO Fiolette Yvarro to expand upon the systems utilized in the Vanguard-class Super Star Dreadnought. Through this collaboration, and through Yvarro's previous experience working for the First Order, Primo Victorian provided the Alliance with a number of advanced weapons and defensive systems previously utilized exclusively by the First Order.
Temporarily, construction efforts on the Vanguard halted following the Alliance's unsanctioned assault on the Mandalorian world of Myrkr, while the rest of the Triumvirate reviewed and discussed the continuing position of Aryn Teth within the Alliance's high command. However, following a number of successful diplomatic and military successes at Alderaan, Corellia and Dorsis, the Supreme Commander was able to retain his position, and thus pushed forward with the finishing stages of the Vanguard's construction. Shortly afterwards, the Vanguard-class was completed, and the Alliance's new flagship revealed to the general public at the annual 'fleet day' holiday held on Coruscant.