Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Val'kar

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoroark_by_namh-d5fbe2f.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/263/4/7/zoroark_by_namh-d5fbe2f.jpg
Name: Val’kar
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Silken Asteroids
Language: Rare, galactic basic, all know Varlneck
Average height of adults: 2.7 meters
Skin color: Black, white, red, and pink.
Hair color: Black, white, red, grey, pink, very rare of purple.
Breathes: same as humans.

Strengths: [2 minimum]
Claws: The natural weapons of the Val’kar, allowing for climbing and clawing.
Hardened fur: Being thick and coarse, it can act like a blast vest. Protecting the Val'kar from blaster fire, but any small/thin object, such as a slug, knife blade, sword, or even fingers, can still go through the fur.
Senses: Being a wolf like race, they have superior smell and hearing many times more than a human. When on a planet.
Speed: They are very fast runners, and can run on two, but prefer to run on four.
Bowed legs: Bowed legs allow for higher jumps.
Weaknesses: [2 minimum]
Eyesight: They do not have very good eyesight, and see in negative rather than normal vision.
Fingers: having only three fingers, it can be hard to grip something small like credits. Things can fall through their grasp fairly easy.
Clothes/armor: They hardly wear any clothes, they may wear loincloths or pants, but almost never wear a shirt or anything that will inhibit their upper body movement.
Primitive: Wanting to stay away from ships that are like metal or ones that the general starwars universe uses. They also don’t like the idea of blasters in having something “thrown” at such high speeds.
Distinctions: With hunched backs, when standing up, and claws, it is not very hard to pick them out from a crowd. They have long ears, long manes, and very muscular bodies. In their long manes they will occasionally have beads, or some decorative measure done to their hair.
Average Lifespan: 50 standard years. Oldest known was 73.
Races: No official names for the different species, but one can find that they can look more animalistic with no opposable thumbs. And a more prominent hunch in the back, while the more humanoid looking race has opposable thumbs and can walk on two legs.
Diet: Meat, If in a duel with someone else of their kind, they can eat them if they choose to, and will eat dead enemies. Mostly though they eat Mynocks that land on the “worlds” of asteroids.
Communication: Language of Varlneck that consists of hoots, howls, growls, barks and clicks. Some can speak Galactic basic, but can hardly do so with the shape of their mouths, if they do speak they have a thick British like accent.

Culture: With the Alpha male of the pack they can also have an Alpha female, but it is a very rare occurrence. The species is very male dominate. With the gathering of Packs, or clans, each one has a single leader who is the judge, jury and executioner. His word is law and nothing can change it. If one wishes to go against this ruling, then the Alpha, and the challenger must fight each other. The Alpha must fight for his life to keep the position of leadership. If he were to be taken down, then he will be killed. If the challenger loses then he is sent out as an outcast. Not to be helped in any way, or aided.

Children are taught the Varlneck language at a young age of 2. Beginning early, makes them ready for work and part of the society at a younger age of 13. Most will chose how they live. Having a Male dominate government means the clans will tend to get into wars with one another. But these wars are short lived because of wanting to take down other clans as well. The longest period of absolute peace was one year. Most of the Val’kar are relaxed in their daily lives, outside of the almost constant warring clans. Their lives consist of doing “chores” or assigned work of the clan to be done every day, and then they are allowed to go and preform their hobbies, be is smithing, art, music, or playing in the mud.

To be part of the government one has to serve time in the wars as a soldier and move up the ranks bt proving themselves. With the Alpha, title of the highest rank possible, who runs the entire clan by having a house of trusted second in commands, who will go and spread his rulings and other such things of merit.
Technology level: Most of their tech is the same as the universe, but prefer not to use the tools of the time, wanting to distance themselves from technology of the Metal kind. Staying away from blasters, and ships thinking that it is against their god’s code.

They believe in a God called Dana’arel, who is the all-knowing, and powerful God who will one day find them on their planet to take them away where they will become God’s themselves.
General behavior: Very religious of their god, they have a day dedicated to him, as well as a statue of him in every clan’s center of town. They are war like, yet change their minds very often about the war. Val’kar are cannibalistic of their own kind and eat anything that has meat. Some may consider them arrogant and not very civilized, but in fact they are just the opposite. Having complex thoughts that can rival some of the computers and datapads of the Galaxy. With this slightly higher level in intelligence, they also think highly of themselves. And think that they are the race that are going to become dominate over humans. With their knowledge of finding oxygen they are natural scavengers at heart.

History:: Because of not wanting the use of higher technology they do not write down their history, or record it to correction, but tell stories orally.

A story of their life goes that their God Dana’arel, created them after his own liking, and gave them more than what he was. Giving them claws and fur rather than plane skin and hands. He then sent them to his worlds where, He instead of forcing them to live on a planet, he gave them angels to fly on to find a home. Finding the Asteroids, they settled down there. And as suddenly some had randomly began to die, The god explained that they needed air to breath, and showed them broken ships for them to salvage for oxygen. He taught them how to survive on the “planets.” At the end of his time there, he gave them a message. “I will return, it may be in a different form, or even of different origins, but none the less, I shall bring others with me, so we may all live in peace.” He left them in search of these other people. And so the Val’kar almost never had visitors as they lived in an area where almost nobody traveled.

Years later, the Clans began debating on what story was true. Many versions came out. Each listing about the same thing, only that some minor changes, such as, he would come on a chariot of fire, or that he would be dressed in armor. However, nobody knew the exact truth. Because of this, wars broke out. Wars happened so frequently that it would be hard to count how many times, one specific clan fought with another.

Because of constant wars, and “religious crusades” that took place, there were very small advancements in technology. They knew of blasters and slugthrowers because of finding them on old ships, but they did not think that there was other life other than themselves, because of the abandoned ships and weapons, being secluded reinforced this belief.

Only recently have they used their minds and have started working together rather than fighting, they have combined their minds to create new technologies of weapons and some armor, though only for the lower legs, chest and forearms. However, this armor is in its prototype stages of putting the pieces so they can connect to their bodies. Because of their irrlagular body shape, they can’t fit into normal humanoid armor, and have to find a new way to protect themselves.

Notable Player-Characters: None yet.
Intent: To create a wolf like species that is considered sentient, and that does not shape shift, or is considered extinct, or almost extinct. Also to act as a possible employ for the Moross Crusade.

@[member="Darren Shaw"]
Hi there! Sorry for the delay in getting around to judging this! A few things I see that need revising:
  • Hardened Fur: Elaborate on this. Is the fur just dense enough to stop blaster or can it stop kinetic projectiles as well?
  • Lack of Oxygen: I don't really catch the drift of this. Is this supposed to be a weakness of living on the homeworld or what?
  • History: I'd like a lot more to be added to this. Remember, you're making an entire species that will affect the entire galaxy as a whole. It's like when the Pilgrims met the Indians, different races drastically change how things happen.
Check out those points and @Me when you're finished!

Updated history, and will show what was edited so it will be easier to find.
  • Hardened fur: Being thick and coarse, it can act like a blast vest. Protecting the Val'kar from blaster fire, but any small/thin object, such as a slug, knife blade, sword, or even fingers, can still go through the fur.
  • Lack of oxygen: The Val'kar live on asteroids with no atmosphere, meaning that no oxygen can be present naturally on the asteroids. As such, The Val'kar use old wreckage from ships, Collecting oxygen tanks, and oxygen converters
@[member="Darth Arcis"] I was thinking about adding that they were natural scavengers because of them searching for oxygen on ships, and what ever else, but I wondered if this would be a strength, or just part of their culture?

@[member="Darren Shaw"]
Sweet! Everything checks out fine except for the Force mention. I suggest you take a look at the Void in the Force wookiepedia article and review your submission. I don't have a big deal against it except for the fact that the entire species is void of the Force. Either explain (in detail) about this phenomenon or remove it completely.

@[member="Darth Arcis"] The only thing that I could come up with how they are void of the force is for them to come from outside of the Galaxy. and I don't want to copy off of the Vong as we already have a species like that. So I decided to get rid of it.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom