Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Valarauco -- Iron Demon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship Status: It's Complicated
demon1.gif

OOC1.pNG

• Intent: To create lesser beings which inhabit the Netherword.
  • Image Credit: Here and Here (pinterest link is best option) Edits by me. Header bars by Fury of Aerðs Fury of Aerðs
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
General1.pNG

• Name: Valarauco
  • Designation: Sentient - barely
  • Origins: Chaos - Netherworld
  • Average Lifespan: Roughly 1,000 years GSY
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Description: Large, tall, and spikey. The beast towers over most other creations, and boasts a thick hide that is almost stone like in appearance. The creature has 7 eyes, and thick spikes coming from its forearms, as well as 4 horns on it's head.
PI1.pNG
demon2.gif

• Breathes: Types I, II, and III
  • Average Height of Adults: 4 - 6 M
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: Various shades of gray and black
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: The most noticeable thing about the Valarauco is the sheer size of the beast. It looks as though it is a monster straight from childhood stories and the stories of heroes. The skin itself looks to be made of stone in some places, with rock like scales and stalactites protruding from its forearms. Four horns adorn its head sticking up like a crown, the bone being solid black in color. There are two small nostrils just below seven eyes. Its teeth are razor sharp designed with the purpose of tearing into the flesh of its prey. The body is a solid mass of muscle and stone, with large hands that feature massive claws. This demon was made to kill, and to tear apart anything which lay in its path.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: All
strengths1.pNG

• Impervious Armor: The exoskeleton of the beast is impervious to most kinetic forms of attack. Slug throwers, vibroblades, various other melee weapons, are all but useless against this beast. Lightsabers are effective, but limited.
  • Super Size Me: The sheer size of the demon makes it a difficult opponent to face alone. Towering above most foes, a well placed strike or a good stop could prove fatal.
  • Brute Strength: There is little which compares to the physical strength of the demon. Be wary of your surroundings as almost anything could be thrown at you.
  • Close Shave: The claws on the beast are sharp and will cut through most armor. Heavier materials such as beskar, or other which prove to be lightsaber resistant, offer better protection.
  • Pride Goes Before a Fall: This beast amplifies hubris. Anyone prone to a large ego will only find this beast drawn to them more.
Weaknesses1.pNG

• Bigger They Are: Once this beast is brought down it will have a difficult time getting back up again. Most are not used to being knocked down, and landing on their back will make them more vulnerable.
  • Life is Blur: Seven eyes do not make the beast see better. Their vision is blurry at distances making them prone to miss when attacking targets which are further away.
  • Pea-Brain: Intelligence is not a trait this beast possesses. It is a brute plain and simple. It relies on its size and strength to dominate its targets, but can be outsmarted.
  • Slower Than Molasses: Their size makes these demons slow and not that agile. It is not hard to be faster than them, or to make them miss by being quicker.
  • Poke’em in the Eye: The eyes are weakest spot on the beast and a precision strike could fell the demon in one blow.
  • Light'em up: Being unnaturally born creatures of the dark side, these creatures are heavily susceptible to light side techniques. Force Light is particularly effective against them.
  • Lizards... I Hate Lizards: Ysalamiri are able to cut off their ability to manipulate the pride inside of their intended target. Other force nullifying methods are equally devastating to them.
Culture1.pNG

• Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Telepathy, otherwise most audible sounds are growls, grunts, and roars which are general indiscernible as language of any kind
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: This species does not have a religion. They do not worship anyone or anything.
  • General behavior: These demons are predators typically confined to the Netherworld. Designed to punish those who suffered most from the sin of hubris, these demons exist to tear apart the ego of their intended victims. They are always alone and never hunt in packs. Territorial of their targets, it is more common to see them fighting over a victim than working together to kill one.

These demons are created as the Netherworld breaks down dead Sith until the only thing left is the manifestation of their pride. The ilk of the Netherworld corrupts them even more, turning them into ravaging beasts that have only one desire. It is also possible that one will be “born” upon the death of another. It is rare that their numbers fluctuate drastically with larger gains to losses.

The demons sniff out pride. It is as though it has a particular aroma. The more arrogant a person, the stronger the attraction. They have a singular thought, consume, eat, feed. It is what drives them, motivates them, and anything which gets in their way will be destroyed. They are not subtle in any way. Their size keeps them from it. Much like what the feed off of and consume, they do not care to hide.

They can exist on the physical plane. It is rare that one would find a tear or rift between the worlds to travel through. They cannot willingly pass through a physical gate, only through weak points, or by being summoned. It should be noted that those with such knowledge would be rare, but it is possible to create a rift large enough to release the beast. Their behavior would not change from that of the netherworld. They will latch onto the largest source of hubris they can find and devour.

HI1.pNG

The Valarauco are powerful demons named for their size and strength. The first was said to have been created by the Netherworld itself. A great Sith Lord lost to history, one so astounded by his own accomplishments that he thought himself to be untouchable. His pride had grown so large he thought himself to be even greater than the force itself. It was not the force that flowed through him, but he had dominated it, become its master.

It was said this nameless Sith was found dead on the balcony of his palace, and so the story began to circulate that he had somehow angered the living force. To this day in some circles people tell the story of the Sith which shouted across the territories he had amassed and declared himself supreme over all before the force struck him dead. Whether the story is true or a myth has become the center of much debate, though most use it as a child’s story to warn against the dangers of hubris.

They were not far off. While the details have been lost to time, what took place in the Netherworld has been the story of many that fall to the trappings of pride. Stripped of everything that made the sith human, the ilk of the Netherworld contorted and tortured him until it became a beast, hungry. The demon’s need for ever increasing hubris became so great it began to scour the Netherworld itself seeking those who reeked of the deadly sin.

Overtime other force sensitives which suffered from the sin of pride would find themselves twisted by the same corruption until the Netherworld had a collection of Valarauco to torment and feed off those who had never conquered the demon of hubris in themselves.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

I love these demons, I pity the people that'll have to face it. However, I just have one thing I'd like to address before stamping this sub:

Force Sensitivity | Per the Species Creation Rules, Completely Force-sensitive species "should include appropriate weaknesses". Because of their origins from Chaos, it leads me to believe that they are inherently influenced by the Dark Side. If this is wrong or doesn't align with your intent, please let me know. If my assumption is correct, I have a few questions. Do they passively exude a sense of fear and dread like most things related to the Dark? Are they affected by Light Side Force abilities? Would masking one's pride/not focusing on something that's self-serving diminish one's presence to a Valarauco? Please add a few weaknesses to address these points.
Please tag me once you've completed edits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom