Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech V-3 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
jfSceGy.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create the next step in organic/artificial hybridization
Image Source: Civilization Beyond Earth: Disciple
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions:N/A
Primary Sources: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: ARGH
Model: AO Model
Affiliation: LOOM, Ultimatum, Closed Market
Modularity: Systems are open to future upgrades so as to remain viable even as technology increases (Requires future submissions)
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Durasteel, Copper/Bondite Alloy, Droid components, shield components

Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 125 kg
Quality: 7

Special Features:
Resistant to Blasters, Ballistics, and Ionic weaponry
Gives the user double human strength, stamina, reflexes, and durability
Heightened mental Acuity
Access to LOOM Database

Height: 1.82 m
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments:
Wrist blaster
Sonic emitter
Electric Pulse emitter

Misc. Equipment:
Fighter grade Radar
High-Grade Droid Sensors
Ray Shielding
Standard life-form Scanner

Strengths:
Increases speed of all mental activity by approximately 10 milliseconds
Incredible protection against most forms of weaponry
Highly resistant to Force based mind manipulation
Grants users double human physical attributes

Weaknesses:
Heavy energy dependence
Death results quickly if the unit runs out of power
The droid cannot ‘learn’ new things (elaborated below)
Lightsabers, Explosives, and large caliber physical projectiles are capable of easily damaging, if not outright destroying, the units
E-pulse emitter drains inordinate amounts of power, usually leaving the unit in immediate necessity of recharging
Pulse can be defeated with normal defenses for ion or emp weapons

Description: With the large costs of the V-2 Ultimatum decided to focus his efforts on creating a more easily produced unit. Thus the V-3 was realized. While definitely not the cheapest solution, the V-3 was more of enhancing a soldier, rather than creating a support vehicle from one. The V-3 was specifically invented to act as a standard replacement, or augmentation, of organic officers.

Like the V-2, this unit is the combination of an organic brain and a body made of droid parts. A step further from the simple lobotomy and robotic combination, the brain itself has neurons replaced with more conductive electronics, allowing for the mind to essentially think faster. On top of this, the integration of controlled electronics into the brain alters how the brain of an organic thinks, greatly lessening the ability of Force users to manipulate or control their minds.

Due to the inherent danger of using droids and cyborgs on the contemporary battlefield, specifically the threat of electrical weaponry, these units have been installed with one system, and constructed with another, for personal protection. The first and most important is the Ray shielding, this grants greater protection against blasters and ionic weapons. The second system is the constructed method of the armor plating. By using various specially placed rods of Copper and Bondite Alloy, the unit is safe from most forms of electronic warfare as the conductive rods absorb electricity and conduct to the feet of the unit, usually the grounding point.

The armor is not as strong as other armors against conventional blasters and thus relies on the shielding to take the brunt of the force. The armor is also only capable of handling lighter physical projectiles. If the shield shorts it can cause damage to the battery, requiring emergency repairs before continuing.

The V-3 is armed with three inbuilt weapons, one blaster and two ‘non-lethal’ weapons. The blaster is similar to an updated version of the old B-2 Super Battle droid of the Clone Wars and is built solely into the left arm of the units. The Sonic emitter is based on sonic blaster technology confined to the right arm, its main use is anti-riot and Force user combat. The final weapon is the E-Pulse emitter. Similar in execution to an EMP, the emitter is built into the two protruding structures on the unit’s back. When activated a burst of electrical energy is sent in a 360 degree sphere around the unit reaching about a half meters in radius. The energy is designed to disrupt nearby organic nervous systems, but can also effect unprotected electronics. The amount of energy put out is optimized to render humans unconscious, this means that it has a similar effect on most species with a nervous system similar to humans. This is a last ditch weapon as its use burns a lot of power and usually requires the unit to immediately retreat for recharge. Further the pulse is useless against defenses for standard ion or emp weapons, a fully enclosed armor suit can protect the wearer from its effects.

The V-3, much akin to its predecessor, uses energy very quickly. Without using any of its inbuilt weapons and using only the minimum of its scanners abilities, the unit is capable of remaining active and moving around for approximately five hours. A single use of the E-Pulse Emitter, the most power hungry device, with drop this number by a tenth. Should a V-3 run out of power, various safety mechanisms will activate in order to sustain the organic brain as long as possible. These systems are reliant mostly on non-electronic equipment, using natural physics to keep a slow flow of nutrient laden fluids moving through the brain. What little is reliant on power utilizes a short lived emergency battery pack, which must be replaced after use or once every year. Unfortunately, this period is at best a matter of ten minutes. If deactivated, the unit will not fully reactivate until reaching ten percent maximum power, however once it has one percent the life-support systems will return to full functionality.

The single most devastating weakness to this unit however is the very things that makes it so deadly. The dissection of the brain and connecting it with electronics allows all previous memories and mental pathways to be preserved, however the brain cannot forge new connections. The unit can create new memories, but it cannot connect two previously unconnected ideas. Example: 1+1=2 If the organic had not learned this previous to being upgraded, the unit would be incapable of grasping the concept. It can make a memory of the fact that one plus one equals two, but it has no connection with any other part of the brain. Such that one gun and another gun makes two guns, they merely know one of each. This weakness effectively cripples any meaningful learning, requiring that organics be taught and trained before the operation. The method of memory transfer is such that a unit ends up specializing in one area, there is no way that the person can be taught all that is needed to know across the various roles of a combat operation and save the learning through the transition. This leads to squads of several specialized units which cannot function outside a tight area of their specialization.

Primary Source: N/A

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

[member="Ultimatum"]

You're using an outdated template. Please update it to the 4.0 standard.

Ultimatum said:
Manufacturer: LOOM
  • LOOM produces neither armor nor droids. Please find a suitable manufacturer and link their company submission.

Ultimatum said:
Modularity: Systems are open to future upgrades so as to remain viable even as technology increases
  • So long as this is done through actual Submission modification requests, this is fine.

Ultimatum said:
Production: Minor

Ultimatum said:
Resistant to Blasters, Ballistics, Lightsabers, and Ionic weaponry
Increased strength, stamina, reflexes, and durability
Heightened mental Acuity
  • The resistances will need toning down regardless, but if you want to keep the physical and mental augmentation, drop this to Semi-Unique (PCs only). No army is getting outfitted with these, and that's final.
  • I'll also need to know how big an increase in capabilities V-3 offers in comparison to a normal human.

Ultimatum said:
Resistant to Blasters, Ballistics, Lightsabers, and Ionic weaponry
  • Now back to the resistances. Reading this, and the submission itself, it's basically resistant to all forms of conventional weaponry. Factory 4.0 requires balance in PvP, and this is not it.
  • Replace the Molecular shield with a normal Ray shield, please. Still offers some energy resistance, but lightsabers will make short work of it. If you want such strong resistance against EMP/Ion, you'll also need to tone down the ballistic resistance. High-powered slugs and grenades should be able to do some serious damage to the electronic internals, as well as rattle the organic head.

Ultimatum said:
Insusceptible to Force based mind manipulation
  • Unfortunately, the method you're using to achieve this wouldn't work. There are powers such as mechu-deru and ionize that affect electronic systems and droids. By modifying the organic head to be more like a droid, you would – if anything – increase the chances of manipulation through the Force. Furthermore, Mind tricks and similar powers manipulate the mind anyway, so simply changing how it works wouldn't be effective. Every organic thinks differently, and every species thinks differently.
  • Please remove this and any references to this.

Ultimatum said:
The final weapon is the E-Pulse emitter. Similar in execution to an EMP, the emitter is built into the two protruding structures on the unit’s back. When activated a burst of electrical energy is sent in a 360 degree sphere around the unit reaching about two meters in radius. The energy is designed to disrupt nearby organic nervous systems, but can also effect unprotected electronics.
  • Do you have a Chaos canon link for this weapon? It's very powerful, and I can't find anything like it on the Wookieepedia, so I'm very concerned about its lack of balance.

Ultimatum said:
Should a V-3 run out of power, various safety mechanisms will activate in order to sustain the organic brain as long as possible.
  • What will power the safety mechanisms if the unit runs out of power?

Ultimatum said:
This weakness effectively cripples any meaningful learning, requiring that organics be taught and trained before the operation so that all the necessary pathways that can be foreseen are already made.
  • Which effectively renders this Weakness worthless, as anyone using this will claim their character was trained in everything before they underwent the procedure anyway.
  • With everything else that the unit does, I'd like to see some actual, solid weaknesses in comparison to the very powerful set of strengths.

Sorry, same thing as before, it should be fixed.

Netherworld said:
LOOM produces neither armor nor droids. Please find a suitable manufacturer and link their company submission.
I would like to point out that LOOM has produced several droids and a couple armors in the past, being accepted under the blanket term of Tech. If you would like me to change nonetheless then I can.

Netherworld said:
The resistances will need toning down regardless, but if you want to keep the physical and mental augmentation, drop this to Semi-Unique (PCs only). No army is getting outfitted with these, and that's final. I'll also need to know how big an increase in capabilities V-3 offers in comparison to a normal human.
I made the adjustments, and added the special features that it is double human strength. Also, I don't really intend on allowing anyone other than Ultimatum control of these guys.

Netherworld said:
Replace the Molecular shield with a normal Ray shield, please. Still offers some energy resistance, but lightsabers will make short work of it. If you want such strong resistance against EMP/Ion, you'll also need to tone down the ballistic resistance. High-powered slugs and grenades should be able to do some serious damage to the electronic internals, as well as rattle the organic head.
I believe I made the changes

Netherworld said:
Unfortunately, the method you're using to achieve this wouldn't work. There are powers such as mechu-deru and ionize that affect electronic systems and droids. By modifying the organic head to be more like a droid, you would – if anything – increase the chances of manipulation through the Force. Furthermore, Mind tricks and similar powers manipulate the mind anyway, so simply changing how it works wouldn't be effective. Every organic thinks differently, and every species thinks differently. Please remove this and any references to this.
While this does not protect against the force abilities you mentioned, it would protect against mental manipulation in my thinking. The idea being that the person no longer thinks like an organic in most senses but more like a droid. The Shard are supposedly immune to the mental manipulations or organics because they think differently than an organic, this follows that concept.

Netherworld said:
Do you have a Chaos canon link for this weapon? It's very powerful, and I can't find anything like it on the Wookieepedia, so I'm very concerned about its lack of balance.
There is no canon link that I am aware of. I cut down the distance and made such that it is only usable once in a fight and it uses up most of their power.

Netherworld said:
What will power the safety mechanisms if the unit runs out of power?
Expounded on that in the paragraph.

Netherworld said:
Which effectively renders this Weakness worthless, as anyone using this will claim their character was trained in everything before they underwent the procedure anyway. With everything else that the unit does, I'd like to see some actual, solid weaknesses in comparison to the very powerful set of strengths.
Made some adjustments, hopefully that will balance it out some.

Netherworld

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum said:
I would like to point out that LOOM has produced several droids and a couple armors in the past, being accepted under the blanket term of Tech. If you would like me to change nonetheless then I can.
  • I consulted the Factory boss lady on that one, and the answer's no – you'll have to get new operations that specifically includes armor and cybernetics for this.
  • Please link an appropriate manufacturer.
Ultimatum said:
I made the adjustments, and added the special features that it is double human strength.
  • Unfortunately I'll have to be nitpicky here:
    Ultimatum said:
    Doubles strength, stamina, reflexes, and durability
  • That could ostensibly be interpreted as "double" of whatever species is grafted into this suit – if that were a Wookiee, we're talking about another power level altogether. Please include humans as a reference.
Ultimatum said:
Insusceptible to Force based mind manipulation
  • I understand your reasoning for this, but the basic head is still organic. For a "fully immune" effect, you'd simply have to use a 100% droid brain. As this is halfway between a droid and an organic, please reduce this to "Increased resistance to Force-based mind manipulation". Thus anyone inside this suit will still stand better chances against mind tricks than normal, but they aren't afforded complete immunity.
Ultimatum said:
The final weapon is the E-Pulse emitter. Similar in execution to an EMP, the emitter is built into the two protruding structures on the unit’s back. When activated a burst of electrical energy is sent in a 360 degree sphere around the unit reaching about a half meters in radius. The energy is designed to disrupt nearby organic nervous systems, but can also effect unprotected electronics. The amount of energy put out is optimized to render humans unconscious, this means that it has a similar effect on most species with a nervous system similar to humans. This is a last ditch weapon as its use burns a lot of power and usually requires the unit to immediately retreat for recharge.
  • This seems better balanced now, though it still makes me very uneasy. What kind of countermeasures can be employed to combat this 'pulse'? EMP/Ion attacks can be reduced in effect by faraday cages, EMP/Ion hardening, grounding rods, etc. Since this operates on a similar principles, it deserves the same options in terms of countermeasures. Add them to the Description and the Weaknesses section, please.
  • The fact that it drains so much power with one shot should also be added to Weaknesses.
The rest works fine now, good job. :)

Netherworld said:
I consulted the Factory boss lady on that one, and the answer's no – you'll have to get new operations that specifically includes armor and cybernetics for this. Please link an appropriate manufacturer.
I've asked the HK as with the V-2 and just waiting on an acceptance before putting in the change. I make the change when given the go ahead and I will let you know. I hope to have this issue with LOOM fixed before I put the next V in for submission.

I believe I have taken care of everything else.

Netherworld

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum said:
Misc. Equipment: Fighter grade Radar High-Grade Droid Sensors Molecular Shielding
  • Overlooked this one earlier – that should say "Ray shield".

Ultimatum said:
Gives the user double human strength, stamina, reflexes, and durability
  • This should be added to Strengths

Ultimatum said:
The armor is also only capable of handling lighterIf the shield shorts it can cause damage to the battery
  • You've got an unfinished sentence here.
The E-pulse looks good now. Tag me when the you've made the above edits and sorted out the Manufacturer, and this should be good to go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom