Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Uystraoan Orange Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
c82f7f00140c8f7ec36ca8bbcc0b27d5.jpg
(I just altered the color is all)​
Name: Uystraoan Orange Corn
Designation: Sentient (unknown at this time)
Homeworld: Uystrao I and Uystrao II
Language: None spoken. The plants communicate via chemical secretions
Average height of adults:
  • 4.5m (plant height)
  • 1.5m (roots)
  • 6m overall
Skin color: Greenish-orange plants, orange corn ears.
Hair color: Corn silk is light yellow to light orange in color
Breathes: CO2 to create O2
Strengths:
  • Highly Nutritious
  • Very easy to grow
  • Adapts easily to various climates
  • Very prolific
  • Sentience (this is unknown to the galaxy as a whole currently)
Weaknesses:
  • Vulnerable to flame
  • Vulnerable to disease
  • Rooted plants are hard to transfer and cannot move
  • Sentience (This is unknown to the galaxy as a whole currently)
  • Very prolific
Distinctions:
  • Tall height
  • Orange coloration
  • Highly nutritious
  • Sentient
Average Lifespan: Plants have been noted as living anywhere from one to forty years, sometimes more. As most "domesticated" Orange Corn plants are harvested annually, most domestic corn live only one to five years, though hand picking the corn can extend the life span to ten to forty years. Wild corn are rarely categorized and so the actual maximum lifespan is unknown.
Races:
  • Domesticated
  • Wild
Estimated Population: Very substantial within the Uystraoan System. Attempts to place the corn elsewhere have not occurred as of yet.
Diet: Water and soil based nutrients
Communication: Chemical based root secretions
Culture: Currently, the culture is unknown on the Orange Corn. This is primarily due to the simple fact that no one knows it is a sentient creature instead of a food source. What can be gathered, however, is that the corn plants prefer to keep close and expand at a rapid rate outwards, often clustering in groups around the "parent" plants. This could denote a clan system or, perhaps, a long term planning methodology as the plants expand generationally to spread further.
Technology level: N/A
General behavior: Orange Corn tends to be very easy to maintain and plant, often making it appear as if the plants themselves are predicting the farmer or farmers. At times, the corn seems to have a mind of its own, something that is joked about by the agricultural community, as they'll often spread seeds beyond their fields, perhaps attempting to expand into the wild over generations of seedlings.
History:

One of the many native plants of both Uystrao I and II, the Orange Corn was noted upon colonization as being "all over the place" and even seen as having entire fields of the plant. The colonists did as colonists do and promptly began to harvest the corn as soon as it was deemed not only edible, but highly nutritious as well. Soon after, the corn was "domesticated" and farming began. No attempts of study outside of nutrition levels and the like into the corn has been done, meaning that the corn's sentience is currently unknown and has been unknown since the planet was colonized.

Currently, Orange Corn is one of the chief mainstays of the planets' economy.

Notable Player-Characters: N/A
Intent: Because I want you to feel guilty when you eat corn the galaxy needs more power-crops to flood the market with nutritional and tasty food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom