Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech UTAS-21 'Cleaver' Assault Carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
qu7HtdQ.jpg

Image Source: Killzone Shadowfallhttp://killzone.wikia.com/wiki/Killzone:_Shadow_Fall
Intent: Moar House Tregessar gear.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: House Tregessar
Model: UTAS-21 'Cleaver' Assault Carbine
Affiliation: House Tregessar and Shadowline
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass-Produced

Material: Standard Blaster components
Classification: Shattergun/SFOR Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 66cm
Weight: 4.1 kg
Ammunition Type: Shattergun Shell (Shot, Explosive, Incendiary, 2mm Sabot, Cryoban, Less-than-Lethal shells) and Powercell/Gas Canister.
Ammunition Capacity: Internal tube can fit 12 Shattergun shells of various types. Power Cell is drained after 10 SFOR shots. Gas Canister lasts for 100 shots.
Effective Range: Varies by shell for Shattergun, from standard shotgun to standard slug thrower. SFOR is only effective at shotgun ranges.

Rate of Fire: Single Shot only (both barrels). Shattergun is dual-action (pump and semi-auto).
Special Features:

• Two devastating close-range weapons in one.

• With proper ammo type the Shattergun can be used as a long range penetrator.

• General versatility of the Shattergun

• Tactical Rail
Description: The UTAS-21 is a close-range assault weapon developed for urban warfare, boarding actions, and riot control. It is an over-and-under design with a standard shattergun mounted on top of a devastating SFOR blaster. Being somewhat shorter (though heavier) than the SA-4 Rifle, it is designed to be used with the MSAS Riot Shield, and is a shockingly effective room clearer.

The upper barrel shattergun can fire several different types of rounds. Typically shotgun (read, flechette) rounds are used, limiting their effective range but giving the individual flechettes a very high velocity. There are also explosive, incendiary, and cryoban rounds, as well as a 2mm Sabot round for long-range precision shooting. It is a dual-action weapon, normally fired in a semi-auto configuration, but retains a pump action for low velocity rounds that might fail to cycle properly (primarily the riot control/LtL rounds). Because it's a relatively complicated design, this action can and does jam periodically. This is rather inconvenient in a firefight, though it doesn't inhibit the SFOR at all.

The lower barrel is an SFOR Blaster weapon, which fires a rippling concussive energy shockwave capable of ripping targets apart. It is unable to be deflected by lightsabers, and has an enhanced effect on personal shields because of how it strikes a large surface area. It cannot be reconfigured as a regular blaster rifle, and so is very limited in range as the shockwave dissipates. Horrifyingly effective on unarmored targets, solid armor reduces its damage (though exposed skin will be shredded and the armor itself ablated).

The SFOR weapon is also extremely effective at destroying objects, and can be employed as a breaching device, or even used to knock down walls made of average materials. The shattergun can do this too, of course, with shotgun rounds. The weapon has only a single trigger, and control of which barrel is firing is made via an easily accessible thumbswitch, similar to a selective fire switch found on most rifles. There is also a mechanical switch inset between where the two barrels meet the stock. It has three positions, and is normally kept in the 'middle' or 'automatic' position, wherein it is controlled by the thumbswitch. In the event some sort of mechanical failure, one can manually shift control by using a knife, piece of shrapnel, or some other object.

Typically two UTAS-21's are issued per squad of Tregessar troops, for use as breaching weapons, room clearers, and marksman rifles (with sabot rounds). It is also issued to Assault Guards and house affiliates. Unlike the SA-4, it is never allowed for contractual manufacture, as House Tregessar would prefer to keep the secrets of shattergun and SFOR blaster production to itself. The weapon sees some limited use by Helldivers, though their SA-15 already incorporates a multi-purpose shattergun.

As with other House Tregessar and Shadowline proprietary equipment, the house is willing to expend considerable effort and resources to track down and destroy those who wold use or distribute black market and counterfeit variants of this weapon.

Primary Source:

More pic!
t3NBzlb.jpg

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"],

I will be judging your submission today. And I have to say that this is a pretty cool idea. I would really like to see this in the Star Wars Chaos universe. However! I have just three things to ask as of right now.

Cyrus Tregessar said:
Manufacturer: House Tregessar
Cyrus Tregessar said:
Affiliation: House Tregessar and Shadowline
Noticed you have a company for the affiliation, but not for the manufacturer. Not sure if this is a mistake, or if it was meant to be this way, but highlighting it anyways just in case.

And one question on the image in the spoiler on the bottom of the submission.

It looked very familiar to a real life variant of a Kel-Tec KSG. A quote from the provided link.

Rounds are loaded into the magazines through a large loading/ejection port, located at the bottom of the gun in the stock, behind the pistol grip. Empty shells are ejected down through the same port.
As such, Would this weapon be more difficult to reload in the middle of battle? Considering this Cleaver assault Carbine looks almost the spitting image of this weapon. Having to literally let go of the weapon's grip, turn it over, to reach the loading port, and load not just one, but two tube magazines. As well, you are putting two weapons together that are not normally done in Star Wars EU.

You can adjust your magazine size to 14 if you so wish due to the link provided and having a RL variant given to you. However, I would like to see a small bit about the weapon being difficult to reload this weapon due to the loading mechinisum being housed in the butstock of the weapon.

Now, the other question I have.

This weapon is a combination of a shotgun/scattergun and a short ranged sonic rifle. How would the two different weapon portions fire independently? Would you have a switch to select the scattergun to the sonic/concussive blast and vise versa? Does it have two triggers? one that uses one portion, and another using the second?

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
1. As intended, Shadowline is primarily a services company and is owned by House Tregessar.

2. It's actually based off the UTAS UTS-15 though I definitely see the resemblance to the KSG. From a brief read up, it seems that the UTS-15 is much easier to reload, and the loading ports, while somewhat offset to the rear, function as normal. Given that and the fact that combat loading is cool, I'd just as soon keep it as is.

3. Oversight on my part, I'll add something in about a thumbswitch with a manual switch embedded in the stock.

[member="Zephyr Carrick"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom