Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using all the tools available... [Isley Verd - Basic Force training]

@[member="Isley Verd"]

Ordo Farm - 45 Kilometers outside Keldabe

The morning air was clear and cool as Anija worked through a few combat forms that Ordo had taught her. Part of Teras Kasi, if she remembered correctly. Her dark hair was tucked behind her ears, and she wore a purple shirt with dark pants, a weapons belt at her waist. Sturdy combat boots completed the outfit.

She slowly moved through the combat forms, knives flashing in her fingers as she moved, striking against an imaginary opponent. 'I hope Isley got my comm...' she thought to herself for a moment. She didn't know him personally, but rumor had it that he'd be able to teach her how to use her force ability. Right now, it was sporadic and unpredictable. And in a fight, that could be dangerous.

Frowning, she went back to her forms, trying to focus again. It wasn't easy, because she was nervous. She'd never met him, and so didn't know what to expect. She was so focused that she didn't sense him approach, though she heard the sound of unfamiliar ship engines from over by the landing pad.

A simple message over the com channels spurned a visit to the Ordo Farm by Isley Verd, the "wayward son of Mandalore". Having been absolved of his Dar'manda status, the Mandalorian began to take an active role within the affairs of his people, offering help wherever and whenever he could. As such, when @[member="Anija Ordo"] inquired if he could help her train in the ways of the Force, he eagerly agreed. Juggling his responsibilities proved difficult, however, and Isley arrived approximately fifteen minutes later than anticipated. Nonetheless, he was here and ready to teach. Upon touching down on the landing pad, the beskar-clad warrior promptly disembarked and made his way over. Long, confident strides bore him over the fertile land of the Ordo Farm, and he came to a halt a few yards away from the training Ordo.

She had not noticed his presence, possibly because of the Taozin Amulet incorporated into his armor...but then again, that did not excuse her not hearing ship engines for goodness' sake. A small smile appeared on Isley's lips as he watched her move through form after form; she was obviously lost in her training, which was a one of the best signs he could see. "I'm here, vod." he said, attempting to tug her free of her training-trance.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

She had in fact heard the approaching ship engines, but hadn't had any sense of danger. A faint frown crossed her face for a moment as she did finally hear his footsteps... and then heard him speak a few moments later. Finally, she lowered her hands, and slipped her knives back into their sheaths as she slowly turned around. Her posture both ready and expectant. "Isley..." It was more a confirmation that a question, and a shy smile crossed her face. "I was wondering if you'd come." she said slowly, her voice quiet, but firm.
She shuffled her feet for a moment as she looked up at him, not used to discussing her abilities so openly. "Lek, I was wondering if you could help me learn more about my abilities. Now that you're here..." She grinned slightly, "I guess that's why you came." She paused and then reached out to grip his forearm for a moment.

Upon hearing his name uttered, the Mandalorian gave a quiet acknowledgement in the form of a polite nod. His arms came to be folded across his chest as she made her request of him, and silence continued to rule him completely as she extended her hand out to him. Isley then returned the gesture, gripping her forearm briefly in greeting and saying bluntly. "Of course. I'd be more than happy to guide you in the ways of the Force...that's why I'm here, anyway." His grip lingered upon her forearm for a moment before his fingers retracted and he returned to standing with his arms about his chest. "No time like the present...We'll begin with an overview of what you know. Tell me, have you any education in the Force thus far? And can you accomplish anything in the Force at all?"

@[member="Anija Ordo"].

Anija frowned slightly, but then her expression grew thoughtful. "I... don't know much really except what little I've been able to read over the years. Not easy to find material on it, either - at least in my experience." She turned her knife over in her fingers. "I have been able to.... distract people and unlock things since I was little. It's not consistent but seems to happen most often when I'm on some sort of emotional high... fear, excitement... that kind of thing." She shrugged, and sighed. To her, it seemed like little stuff. She'd been ablr to do those things for most of her childhood. And in some cases, it had probably saved her life. "That's about it, really..." she finished with a shrug. "Sometimes, I can sense people, or sense danger." She frowned, not entirely sure if that was what he was looking for.
@[member="Isley Verd"]

"I see." said the Mandalorian, before reaching out with the Force. He projected a nudge of telekinetic force, poised to shove the woman back just enough to cause stumbling. It was rude. It was crude. It was intentional. "Shove me back." he ordered, before shoving her again through the Force. His intention was to get the woman riled up so that she would utilize her powers in the Force...and then, from there, he would instruct her how to control them. But first, she needed to know how it felt to consistently utilize them...and there was nothing like getting ticked off to start a telekinetic tantrum. "C'mon, hit me with your best shot Ordo." he taunted, slinging another nudge her way.

@[member="Anija Ordo"].

Anija frowned, her eyes narrowing as she felt the shove pressing her backwards. She planted her feet, but still stumbled slightly. Glaring at him, she gritted her teeth and lifted her hand, picturing shoving him backwards. It wasn't easy, and she could feel sweat begin to trickle down her neck as she tried to focus. She imagined shoving the loaf of bread off the table like she had done in the market square all those years ago... and when she opened her eyes again... she could see it working... sort of. She could see Isley's feet skidding along the grass for perhaps a meter before she dropped her hand and bent over to catch her breath. The next instant, she crossed the space between them, spinning slightly as she tried to drive an elbow towards his neck. "That was... rude..." she hissed, knowing her strike may not land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom