Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating the Resu - Advice?

Okay, considering that the Resu have been on the board ever since the ability to create a species was available, they have gone through some serious development.

First of all, it was the first species so no real standards were in place yet (in fact I'd even that's where the initial standards spawned from). I was also a new writer, so there is a lot of complicated stuff rammed in there that could use some smoothing out.

Next, I joined the Moross Crusade and got really excited when I found out the Realm of Resu was within their territory. So naturally we had a first contact situation, and @Solieal Davin Talith had an idea - Technovirus manipulation! Thus their bodies fused with technology into the walking hyper-aggressive cyberfish they are today!

Now the Kathol Outback are currently in the middle of a dominion that will once again shape the fate of the Resu. There are currently four kinds of Resu at the moment:
  1. The Originals - Silicon based fish which breathe hydrogenated water, who speak, kill, and perceive the world with electricity, and see in the infrared. They have a complicated culture which revolves around holding indefinite grudges against entire families. Currently they are plagued with a disease which causes infertility and barren females in its wake. Very few remain uninfected among their severely reduced population.
  2. The Morossians - The technovirus infected Resu which can now walk, swing a sword, and zealously follow the faith of the Moross Crusade (putting aside all evolutionary instincts to hold a grudge against another Resu who is of the faith). Also due to their historic battle of the Silken Asteroids against the Horde, they have a religious hatred of the yuuzhan vong and their technology. Politically, they are in civil war given that Stone Hermes (the First Convert) is attempting to use the Vongspawn Virus to "cure" his people of infertility, while the other half tries to make amends with the Originals and stop Stone Hermes from unleashing his irreverent abominations.
  3. The CybeResu - These are Originals, who under the guidance of Iron Giant (a Resu exile who is uninfected by either disease) have used galactic technology with her understanding of Resu biology to cybernetically enhance their bodies to walk and manipulate their world as a humanoid, and offer massive resistance against a technoviral conversion. Their goal is to cure the Originals of their infertility plague, and to absolute exterminate the Morossians... like genocide exterminate.
  4. The New Resu (Resuspawn) - The unholy matrimony between the technovirus and the vonspawn virus, with some other things thrown in to make it cross the biological boundary between silicon and carbon based lifeforms. This new abomination is fertile, and has an aggression level that is senseless even to their creators. These creatures want to turn, or exterminate, everything.
However, a lot of that isn't reflected in the sub, and I'm pretty sure I don't have the exact development necessary for it.

What I need advice for, is do I update the original sub to fit everything in there as did when I first altered them to include the Morossians, or should I re-update so the original sub only reflects the originals (and CybeResu, since they are only cyborgs), and the make separate subs for the Morossians and "New Resu"? I definately have enough development for the Morossians, they have existed for well over two years at this point, but although I have been planning and hinting at the creation of the new Resu for over a year, I don't think I have the paper trail to prove it.

What advice to you guys have? :)

[member="Fatty"] - Gonna agree with [member="Ajira Cardei"] , it is good fluff, no need to change it. Just add to it. Also, I'm seriously gonna be using that Hydrogen tech you came up with for future stuff if that is ok. Care to combo dev?

[member="Bryce Bantam"] Sure! Though perhaps after the dominion? I'm not 100% sure where all the pieces are gunna fall just yet with my characters. I have a pretty good idea of everything in my head, it just needs to be written out.

Maybe I could do both in a subsequent thread? Like a 'sequel' to the dominion?

Also, I am still going to update the main sub, since it has broken images, and I want to reword some things, as well as add to the history now that we've got new things going on again :)

I just didn't know whether to add the "New Resu" in like I did with the Moross, or if it was such a drastic change it constitutes an entirely new species as the name suggests.

She is, but she's a bit different now. Rather than riding around in what was basically a glorified hover tank (which was apparently not fish-health friendly), she's a cyborg. A streamlined humanoid figure (or at least as humanoid as having legs and arms).

I still have an idea of what she might do with the armor though... ;)

Also, I learning a lot about the idea of Metallic hydrogen. Obviously it requires systems with pressure greater than that experienced in the center of planetary bodies, but may possibly be maintained as metallic close to room temperatures. It is also possible for it to alternate between super fluidity and superconductivity. It seems like a material that could really streamline the use of energy in technology, to the point where a single 'unit' of energy, will last indefinitely if unused (so long as the hydrogen is in that state). We could go in a lot of creative directions with this, and I think its about time I make some Resu specific ships and other tech.

[member="Fatty"] - I was thinking of using it in Gallofree ships as well. Instead of circuits and relays, the ships would have arteries and veins of the stuff. Ships avionics would more resemble an organic nervous system. Could be interesting for those flying the ship as well, make it something like controls respond to thought.

I have me so Idea's lets take this to PM so we can talk more without sidetracking the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom