Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Dominion. (ME, HC)

Allana Badeaux

Ta’a Chume – Queen Mother
I have been contacted officially by ME staff. They had planned on Doming the Hex that Hapes Prime is located in. By board rules they did not have to contact us. They did though out of respect and they’re looking for good relations OOC as well as IC.

Details are still being talked about. What has talked about is GE and HC will be looking for the same political treaty HC and FWC had. GE is willing to respect the Consortium’s traditions and government and will be looking for giving HC protection and will be looking for open economic trade.

In this treaty Hapes will not have to give any military aid. ME will respect Hapes’s history throughout cannon and chaos cannon of staying neutral. They have not requested military aid in the proposal. I did mention the current history between HC and GE.

As we all know they could have just done a dom at Taanab and the only option would have been sending a fleet and starting a war we did not want nor wished.
ME and The Galactic Empire is at War with each other. We all know how Hapes feels about GE IC. I did mention there is a possibility HC might give military aid when dealing with GE. The staff member I talked to for ME sounded excited about that idea.

Only a political dom has been talked about yet. I will keep you all updated and informed.

Please tell me your OOC thoughts. I already know what your characters might think or feel. At some point we knew the map game would come to our borders. That is something we could not avoid forever.

Allana Badeaux

The positive side….

The history IC here on Chaos has been good. They have never to my knowledge have attacked Hapes in a Dom. I say this loosely but I pretty sure they have only done political Doms with us.

there was the war on hapes a long time ago mandos were a part of but I think all fo those embers are gone or have moved on. Also it was like 2014

and this could be good though Cathbodua came back to help cause of the proximity of the Silver jedi and possible diplomatic talks there.

Allana Badeaux

TY for that information, 2014 was some time ago. If I recall correctly the family who was in control of the monarchy then are currently not part of the Consortium IC anymore. The embers of that should have moved like you said.

What might be more important than a war that happened long ago is keeping a war like culture from wishing to raid the Mists. Distracting them with economic trade could do just that. Also the old proverb, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. That might just be attractive to us. We could be in a position to hit GE for nuking Hapes Prime and killing a Queen Mother.

If a location or a neutral party is mention needed I will be sure to bring it up. ME staff still has to talk to their member base like I’m talking with you. Things could shift back and forth until we get something hammered out.

Not at all unexpected.

The reality is we can’t stop them domming is without going major.

But I don’t think we should go quietly into that night - specifically, several PCs just fought to free Hapes from FWC control, and I don’t see that sentiment going away. I think an antagonistic approach would bring much more story than bringing them on side.

Make them invade, make them be the bad guys if they want to control someone else’s sovereign space. Or ask them what they’re willing to do in order to expand? I don’t see many Hapans having much time for Mandalorians except as useful mercenaries, and currently they’re the occupying force of one of our worlds (Dathomir).

At the very least, I would rather they did not dom the sector and we did diplomatic role play of them guaranteeing the hexes independence in return for our military assistance / an alliance. That feels to me a better representation of what Hapes should ask for and the IC power we can’t put on the table - which isn’t vast, but neither is the ME’s.

That’s my opinion of what’s fun as a writer for me. Er’in’s opinion is subject to change, but is strongly pro full independence and fighting for it, passionately.

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
I totally agree with Er'in. Setting us up as inactive antagonists (meaning we won't attack them but will not go quietly into the night to ally with them) could set up plenty of tense story arcs and keep the ME on their toes.

My thoughts are this because we are a minor faction it was inevitable that someone would come and dominion the hex. Majors like to play the map game, we are on the map.

We can gain all the advantages of being part of a major faction, mostly with ships for those that want to build them.

My only thought is that they do give us the same deal as FWC, that we are allowed our sovereignty and to keep writing the Consortium story. No occupying troops, no taking over our government.

Otherwise I'm good with it.

Allana Badeaux

I’m going to make a few IC posts with some of my characters tonight. During this time I will think about this some more. I would like to think over all the variables before making a snap decision on what my opinion would be.

Allana Badeaux

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Erin Tenel"] [member="Cathbodua"]

I can see the interest in fighting for independence, the story aspect in more important than if we win or lose. The odds in just a straight dom, we would lose everything. In a rebellion are chances would be higher. The reluts of a loss is the Consortium government would be without a home. The people of the Consortium would be at the mercy of the Mandos.

If we continue to exist beyond that, we would become the new resistance.

I did have another thought. A though that I’m timid in giving. I still have not fully come out of rpg retirement. I’m still nursing wounds from an rpg board we do not mention by name here on Chaos.

My idea…

We play political theater. We play it politically showing what the Mandos expect to see. They would expect some of the Ducha’s not being pleased with a treaty…that some would wish to remain isolated. They would expect to see some Duch’as welcome the treaty.

What they would not expect is that is just political theater. That the Hapen elite are in agreement and are secretly plotting something?

The secrete is not is not the rebellion people would expect. The Hapens are not thinking to rebel and keep the Mandos out of the Mists.

Key word is Rebellion as per rules of Chaos.

The Hapens are planning to rebel but not at the thought of being friends with the Mandos. The Rebellion would be a fake rebellion of the Galactic Empire’s capital. A military incursion into the heart of their space! Justice for the loss of a Queen Mother and Hapen live taken.

As a minor faction we launch a Rebellion so the Galactic Empire can’t call in allies. We fight our way in using a Fleet. We drop a bomb right on Graff’s palace/home and hit key military installations on GE’s Capital.
The Consortium finally fights for justice!

Subing the bomb we would drop would be cool. Maybe painting on the side of the bomb… The Queen’s Justice. Maybe even throw that on the title of the Rebellion.

This should trigger an IC attack from the GE….that is why the political alliance with ME would be important. Taking on a major and its allies would not be wise without a friend or two. Even though we would be agrsive in this case…I’m sure the Silvers would understand as long as we limit our targets to military installations. We could get some poissable aid from them if the GE attack.

May suggestion we be honest OOC wise with the mandos but hide it IC during the political signing. Make it a clever story arch but give the same courtesy the mandos have given us.

Me being timid…

I do not know if I’m fully ready on coming back fully to launching something on this level. I would need help. Not just from all of you. I do have experience fleeting. However things have changed a lot since I’ve fleeted last…we would not some help most likely. Maybe we can convince Kaine or someone in the Confederacy to make a Happen for this thread…to help out with the fleet stuff? Maybe if we’re lucky a combination of both?

What are your thoughts about my idea?

Tha'ga Temi

Minister of External Affairs for Hapes
I love the idea, but the conditions have to be right for a rebellion. Eventually they will be so perhaps we revisit the rebellion idea when those conditions happen? Because I'm all about the conflict and can also fleet too.

My thoughts are this - we build up Hapes and continue to be a minor faction, we make a pensive, drama-filled, slightly unwilling alliance with the Mandos (they could probably use some friends) the kind where they think we're always about to stab them in the back.

And then when rebellion conditions are right we can revisit whether we have the activity level to go major by rebelling.

A skirmish is a great way to test the warfare waters without high stakes. I'm completely on board for skirmishing the GE or any other faction.

Hope all of that makes sense!

So I've had a chat with the Mandos, and they'd love to win us over. But that doesn't mean we can't play hard to get. I think we should play hard to get, because there are some political disadvantages of being associated with the ME (the GA and a few other factions do not like them, it's complicated).

But OCly, they're very willing to help us generate RP as a minor faction and like the alliance / independance concept (but would like the dom, obviously).

So, as much as I'd like to cause chaos and fun, as it were. I think [member="Allana Badeaux"] has a good idea and [member="Tha'ga Temi"] also makes a good point about skirmishes. If we want to up the stakes a little, but make them less directed at us, we could openly ask the ME to invade GE space on our behalf and bring five of us as allies. The board has been a bit quiet invasion-wise recently, so that might not get a yes.

Either way - happy IC to play the reluctant ally, it works well with Er'in's story, OC think the plan concept is great and we can polish execution?

we can build up and work on a great many things... we can build it up for ourselves and plan. eventually all factions go away and we can use it to get back itno the swing of things. build up the consortium

[member="Allana Badeaux"] - *hugs* this is a good idea you have. It provides opportunity for everyone to write a story from their character point of view. Please don't fret over the other place...don't let it steal your fun.

[member="Tha'ga Temi"] - we can do a rebellion win or lose when the time is right. I agree with that. My experience with skirmishes hasn't been great, so I'm a little hesitant on them.

[member="Erin Tenel"] - good to hear ME is willing to work with us to build story. :)

[member="Cathbodua"] - yes we can.

I'm here to write and have some fun. Let's build a story.

Allana Badeaux

The discussion me and the owner/Mand'alore of ME
- Hapes is self governing. Own Laws, Own Culture, etc. - A Hapan representative (Ambassador) can be involved in ME government/discussions - ME protects Hapes' airspace & fights on Hapes's behalf if there is need. - ME & Hapes have economic treaties. Us going for Hapes' hex is a ME cloud thing, we don't want to oppress people or change the way Hapes is played on.

Basically ME will be looking for a economic treaty. It is not an invasion and they’re not looking at anyway to alter or control how Hapes runs.

I have talked about limited access to the Mists. From the sound of it my offer was more then what they expected.

My counter offer was to set that there would be limited access to the Mists. The offer was a set up for the economic treaty to have some good footing as well give the opportunity for ME to come to Hapes Aid if ever needed. My offer was to allow then access through the gates and through the gate worlds. It does not give them access to the core unless the core is attack. Then IC story Line will develop where Hapes prime can call for aid.

The Mand’alore and I talked over the three objectives in this thread so there would be little bit for everyone involved.

1) Smiting Pirates
2) Economic Diplomacy
3) Cultural Exchange

Smiting pirates - This combat action portion will be taking outside of the Transitory Mists. It will be for those who are more combat oriented. It will take place some distance from the Throat gate (entrance to the Mists) along the Happen Spine / Perlemian Trade route. I image this will take place with the majority of Mandalorians. Hapens are welcome to join if they wish.

Economic Diplomacy - This will be the main part of the diplomacy. First the Mand’alore will send a emissary as a polite way to ask for a audience to being the talks. As the mand’alore travels the Duch’as should have plenty of time to talk to the Queen. Then that is where the tough politics start.

Culture Exchange - This can happen in objective one and two. It is a third objective to open some story options up for peeps who do not fall into objective one and two.

-----

So this gives us a chance to continue the story line we've been riding.

Yasha is aware that not every Duch’a will agree with a proposal that will be developed on in the dom. She know if Allana goes through with it…it will be a political risk for her. A little bit of conflict does help drive stories even between allies. Sure not all of the Mandalorian men will like the idea they will have to be careful how they act around the Hapens. Not all Hapens will be happy about having Mandalorians having access to part of the Mitsts. Just go in there and have fun. The Consortium will live on. It is one of the oldest factions on the board.

[member="Melanctha Dallamoor"] [member="Cathbodua"] [member="Erin Tenel"] [member="Tha'ga Temi"] [member="Xil Lviahe"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom