Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belkadan - 0900 Local Standard Time
[member="Romeo Sin"] (& whoever else)

Sipping a cup of caf in his hotel room, silence hung around him like a blanket. Judah had just made the short trip from Levantine Sanctum space a day before hand. He was supposed to be heading home or at least that had been the plan originally. A message came through about a space station contract. Someone had sent it through the business channels back in Corporate Space. It had garnered little attention. This made Judah pause. Competition was always fierce in the business world. Yet bids for this contract remained eerily silent.

So, he was taking a chance. Not that Salacia could build space stations. No, not yet. What they could do in the short term was salvage older, forgotten ones and retrofit them to the liking of a client. It wasn't terrible difficult but merely a time consuming process. Judah liked to think of it as win-win. Lower costs for the client and one less piece of junk clogging up the space lanes.

Checking the time, Judah grabbed the leather messenger bag off the little coffee table in the suite. Inside was a datapad and materials he may need for a presentation. He could have met in this so-called 'Shadow Empire' or whatever it was. He wasn't quite comfortable with that though. Research would have to be done to make sure this group wasn't just a bunch of slavers and baby-killers. Not the type he would deal with.

The choice for the meeting was the hotel conference room. It gave him enough space to set up and meet with whatever representatives were coming. It was a short trip down to the second floor, windows open to look over the tropical Belkadan landscape. Datapad emerged from his bag, bringing up a few files to have at the ready.

Belkadan

Romeo had landed not to far from the hotel, dressed in a fine white robe with red accents, and gold trimmings on the shoulder. His hair was a bit shaggy looking, and his eyes glowed bright red with pleasurein his heart. Along with him came his cousin. His eldest daughter was out with Salvor, and his friends were out to their own vices.

As he made his way across the walkways to the hotel, he noted the glances he was given by the people passing by. "Felix, is this not an amazing place?" He asked. As he continued to walk towards the hotel, he marveled at the beauty of the craftmanship of the large building.

Finally stepping through the doors of the place he bowed to the people who greeted him, andmade his own way to the conference room. Here he would gently open the door, see the man know as [member="Judah Dashiell"], and bow again. "Mr. Dashiell, I am Romeo Sin, and this is my cousin Felicia Sin." He took his seat in fron of the man, and smiled. "Its a pleasure to meet you." He would offer his handto shake.

[member="Romeo Sin"] | Felix Sin

Two entered, dressed a bit strangely. Tended to be the case when dealing with these smaller nations and territories. There were quite of bit of them scattered throughout the Galaxy. Judah extended his hand to the man, shaking it firmly. The same was for the cousin. He always tried to give a warm greeting. Something about it broke the ice. Stiff business meetings were never fun to slog through.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Sin, Miss. Please, take a seat."

Judah motioned to the chairs in the conference room. He hadn't been sure on the space prior to the meeting, so the area they were in seemed like overkill. Better to be overprepared than under.

"I hear you are looking for a space station. I believe I may be able to help. I don't build stations, not yet anyways. However, I have salvaged them in the past. There's quite a bit of abandoned stations out in the universe. Its much cheaper and faster to haul them to their new locations, refurbish and add-on, then let the owner run wild. Cost and time are big factors in this situation."

"Is this something you are interested in? Better yet, tell me what you need."

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

Felicia would shake the man's hand with a warm smile, and take a seat across from him, next her cousin. Now it was time to do business. She was here just as face, nothing more, nothing less. She was also acting as a guard for just in case something went wrong, Romeo was hoping nothing would go wrong.

Romeo sat down in front of the man, his cousin sitting next to him all snug like. "The pleasure is all my Mr/ Dashiell. Thank you for seeing us."
The dark jedi would cross his legs, and relax in the room, listening to the man's working process, and what he could offer him in ways of a space station. Romeo shook his head yes every time, to show he understood.
"I need a dome shaped structure, Mr. Dashiell."
He uncrossed his legs, and took the datapad from Felicia, and handed it to the man.
"You can see there, it's got all the specs I need, diameter, number of population holdings. The whole works sir, and I'll pay whatever I need to. Its a living solution, and a tourist attraction."

[member="Romeo Sin"] | [member="Felix Sin"]

"Living solution ans tourist attraction? So I assume you'll have gardens in this dome? Always a sight to see..." Judah glanced over the datapad. It was fairly straight forward. The dome was what was throwing him off. A unique thing to have in a space station. There were few and far salvagable space stations laying out in the Galaxy. However, Salacia Consolidated had grown. Eyes and ears everywhere.

Setting down the datapad obtained from his potential client, Judah immediately started to search through his own. There was a file dedicated to space stations. Never know when Salacia wanted to haul one in and have a little fun. Just like the miniature world harvester, which had been a bit of a challenge. Anything new was a learning experience and Judah never wanted to stop learning.

Finally, he found the image of a space station he was looking for. Domed, circular. Quite an interesting design. He passed the datapad over.

"Salacia has been given the lead on this station. It needs work and would need to be retrofitted on the inside for your needs. Yet its in good shape, with no owner claim. Its just been sitting out in a little backwater area of space."

Romeo looked at the picture, and smiled, "Yes sir, this will do just nicely!" he said leaning back. "What's the payment going to be Mr. Dashiell?" He was very happy now with this very possible investment.

(Sorry I am very tired lol)

[member="Romeo Sin"] | [member="Felix Sin"]

"Excellent, glad you like that one. There aren't many to be fished out of the skies." Judah glanced over the station and any information he had on the thing. Nothing much. Which was troubling. Could be in tatters. Could be fairly intact. Blue eyes searched the screen, reports indicating it had been abandoned for nearly twenty plus years or so. No reason why. It was going to take travelling to the station and poking around to find out exactly why.

"Not sure. We're looking between 23 million and 30 million credits. Depends on what you would like done to the station, where its going, if you want certain additions. I don't see the need for additions though. We should have eons of space for all your needs."

Romeo would tap his own datapad, showing the coordinates to Eclipstica, and handed it to the man. "Its going here sir. As for the pricing..I must say I was expecting more, but I am happy to see it's not as expensive as I thought." He leaned back with a smile. "As for additions, I believe I need none other than what I have already told it will be in need of."

[member="Romeo Sin"]

Judah studied the datapad. He knew the area well, having set up in Corporate Space that was now being run by the Levantine Sanctum. Getting crews and supplies to the site would make it much easier. There was still a debate in his mind of where he was going to 'dry-dock' the station so to speak for construction purposes. May have to rent a orbital shipyard for a few months. Maybe one on Ceto. Judah was looking to stay close to home, even if it meant taking a bit of a profit cut.

"The price is cheaper because we aren't building it. We're salvaging. Most of my work has been done for me, we're just making it fit for your needs and well....fit to hold oxygen again."

Romeo watched the man, and listened to him closely. He too owned his own ship making company, but they just didnt have what it took to make what he needed. "Well Mr.Dashiell, whatever I can do to make life easier for you, please let me know. Credits, material, whatever I can get you, please dont hesitate to call me." He stood up, and adjusted his jacket. "Now Mr.Dashiell, if nothing more is needed of me, I shall let you begin your work. All my contact info has been given to you...and I was told something about you..you dont like us dark siders very much..I hope that I have changed your opinion on some of us, if not just a little." He offered him his hand as a good gesture of good-bye.

[member="Romeo Sin"]

"Yes, we have your contact information on file should anything happen." Judah listened to his words before shaking his hand. "Well Mr.Sin, light or darkside, I don't really appreciate folks causing trouble for others. Ain't exactly an alignment but most of them seem to be on your side. We're not here to get into a political or philosophical debate though. Perhaps another time."

There was a slight smile.

"We shall be in touch. I'll make sure you get progress reports along the way and as we get closer a date for delivery."

A nod to the lady in the room.

"Have a good day Miss."

She smiled at the man, and found the time spent here to be well spent. She bowed slightly to him, and spoke, "And a good day to you too." And with that the two Vahla would leave the room to let the man do his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom