Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Up for Auction - Uma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Location: Bilbousa Bazaar Marketplace - Capital of Bilbousa - Nal Hutta

The young Twi'lek blinked a bit of sweat out of the corner of one eye as she watched the crowd roar in approval. Dursey had just sold a lovely Togruta female with lush red skin for 1 million credits. Though the Togruta woman had barely spoken any Basic and was a bit savage, Uma had admired her tribal tattoos and she was sad to see her led away on a chain by her new owner. Uma hoped for such a price he would take good care of her.

Dursey, their Iktotchi slaver, quickly tucked away the credits, a sharp-toothed smile splitting his unfortunate face. He turned to the last three slaves standing with him on the stage in the broiling heat.

"Uma - come here," he ordered, reaching out and grasping the rope around her neck with his clawed hands. He pulled a little forcefully, dragging her out to the front of the stage, eager to make his next profit.

The green-skinned dancer flashed the crowd a smile.

"Up next we have this lovely specimen," Dursey yelled to the crowd, licking his slick lips. A few in the crowd cheered.

He gestured to her full lips, dark eyes and lithe build, hardly covered by the net costume she wore. "Not as exquisite as the Togruta, but she is an extraordinary dancer - and she doesn't bite...." A few laughs from the crowd.

Dursey pointed to a harp sitting at the corner of the stage. Though it appeared large it was actually light enough for even the slave girl to carry. "She also plays the harp - which I'll throw in as an added bonus. Now, who wants her?"

Uma raised her chin slightly and threw her shoulders back, lekku curling slightly as a sign of her nervousness.
-------------

OOC: Rules

- Uma goes to the highest bidder. They will decide what happens to her entirely, thus impacting her story in a major way.

- Bid starts today, Sept. 25 and ends Sunday, Sept. 28

[member="Uma"]

Solan had come to the auction with the simple purpose of purchasing a slave, not for the same reason as others though. He saw no reason for freeing her, but also no reason to simply use the slave, he honestly did so for the fact that he needed someone who was smart enough to keep things in order while he dealt with fits of insomnia that left him sleepless. The good thing about being a man who constantly worked for people and sold high priced items he just... came upon, was that he lived on his ship and could keep a deep amount of credits without having to worry about building a home or buying a new ship.

"Five thousand."

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Slavery was a strange thing to Ashelotte; she had progressively conditioned by the Dominion to civilize it, by the Republic to destroy it, by the Confederacy to abolish it and by the Mandalorians to... well, she didn't even know, but it was unlikely to be any less severe. Ashelotte had spent the majority of her lift either alone or fighting for her one wife and now her one biological child. The concept of slavery was not one easily embraced by the foxtress.
What Ashelotte was used to, in fact, was wealth. She was constantly surrounded by it, and even though the salary of an adult holovid star wasn't much to brag about, between her days as a warlord and her marriage to a starship tycoon, she never suffered a shortage of anything she needed or desired. She was anything more than humble, but surprisingly not spoiled rotten.
The vixen came alone, guarded only by two A-2730 Adjudicator SBD's. She herself was wrapped in an unassuming, tattered piece of beige cloth with either Dauntless harnessed by each hip. Her jet blackened hair framed her face nicely, almost veil-like.

"Five one-kilogram Beskar ingots."

The sack of metal bars deadfalled to the floor, the sack carrying them unfurling as they struck the ground, ringing in a deep, low resonance to attest to their genuineness. These were only the one-kg bars.
One of the attendants then came up to the wayward bidder, whispering something in her ear. A single eyebrow cocked upward. Credit bids only? She let out a hushed sigh, wondering how long she'd have to go on before everyone'd realized she wasn't who she appeared to be.
The auctioneer must've been either a total amateur or so deeply involved, they wouldn't bother dealing in something so niche, even if it was the genuine article and a hundred percent clean.

"Pardon the error. Six thousand credits."

One of the Adjudicator droids took note of her eyes as queue to pick up the tiny, loose ingots, placing them neatly in its thigh storage container.
There were a great many things in store for Uma, and many things great.

Solan sighed the moment he heard that, the rich always appeared when he least wanted them too and this was certainly one of those moments. With a glance over his shoulder he leaned back against the chair he sat in and frowned to himself, going over his memories of who this woman was that had just bet on the girl "Well shit... another loss it seems... worth a try." He had five million he could spend, and was hoping that was enough, but he never knew with these people. "Fifteen thousand."

FRAME

The Great and Powerful
Oh, kark. Rich people. But I could take care of them, hmm? All I had to do was sneak a little extra money into my accounts and......

BAM! 20k. I just leapt back into my Flame Armor body, and bid.

"Twenty Thousand"

Slavery was rather.... Illogical to me. If you had surplus resources, you should use 'em. Money that sits and just loses value is useless.

So this girl would not be my slave, but rather my partner in crime, my 'front man', as it were, for places where the ultimate AI simply couldn't reach just by hacking. I also needed an organic around. Constant interaction would logically be more efficient than running around shooting things or selling something in order to attempt interaction.

The former Bounty Hunter and current Royal Guard to the One Sith was one of the many in the crowd. She did not wear the ceremonial robes and armour of her rank and affiliation, but rather her former uniform. The Keshiri rested back in a seat, watching the slaves. She had her own personal belief that a good slave was worth as much as a good starfighter, if not better. Though that was the bounty life, a starfighter couldn't help as much as a slave could. A successful life of bounty hunting had left her to the tremendous wealth of two million, five-hundred thousand alone in killing three Jedi; a Master and two Padawans. Lily carried evidence of the kills with her everywhere. Adorning her belt were the three trophies; the scalped Nautolan headtresses of Jedi Master, Exotic Weapons Master and High Councillor, Hasjo Hallu, the decapitated long neck and head of a Kaminoan padawan, Kuan Le, and the scalped Lekku of a Twi'lek padawan, Jora Vao. This did not account for her wealth accumulated killing Mandalorians and scum of the Outer Rim. Lily held out her hand, if a good slave was worth a starfighter, she may as well bid like she was one, "One-hundred and fifty thousand."

FRAME

The Great and Powerful
Damn it... More rich people. I really needed the girl, even if I was going to free her. Grabbing two hundred thousand was easy, but I wouldn't be able to bid anymore, soon.

"Two Hundred Thousand"

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Ashelotte first scoffed at the inane bids that were now being slung; she thought these bidders incredibly pretentious. It was a slave auction and not a large one either, so she expected plenty of petty criminals and high-life thugs, but even these folk were a surprise to her. She'd wish they'd just fall victim to a chance piracy attack in some unheard-of corridor of interstellar space. All they did was waste her precious time.
At first the vixen considered the strategy of simply waiting everyone out and saving her breath. There truly was no fun in that.

"Five hundred thousand...."

...So she stirred the pot. There goes her cover.

FRAME

The Great and Powerful
Sigh.... Now the big guns were coming out. Stealing more money would be risky... So now I had to dip into my own pockets, too.

"Eight hundred thousand"

Uma watched in surprise as the price continued going up. 800,000 credits! She didn't even think herself worth that much, harp and all. Casting a sideways glance at Dursey, she could see that the Iktotchi man was beside himself with greed, hardly believing his luck. Neither of them had expected such a response.

Uma reached out and firmly gripped his elbow. "Do not forget what you promised me," she murmured softly.

Dursey nodded quickly, shrugging off her hand. "Yes, yes - your family will get their cut, now stay quiet," he instructed in an annoyed tone, turning to concentrate on the bidding.

Uma stared at her feet and folded her arms, a small smile slowly forming. Even a third of the wins would do so much for her family.

[member="Jericho"]

Jericho walked into the room silent but his steps could be heard. The monster sized man stood tall in his battle torn robes and full and thick armor. The lorrdian looked more mandalorian than Jedi. His combat mask covered the lower half of his face. After hearing about an auction might as well used his gathered wealth on something other than food and wine. He crosses his arms firmly as the bids grew higher and higher. Luckily he had just finished taking down a group of mercenaries who were trying to take down royalty. The spoils of war and rewards made his vastly wealthy. "900,000 credits" he said calmly with his low stern voice. Intruth he had a choice to make a bid or just fight everyone to save the slave. But he would go down this route for now.

Oka Osaa

Oka recently was going to bid but he didn't want to waste his savings. Hes been collecting 3 million credits through the years as a rogue but never would think he'd spend them at an auction house. He didn't want to talk but he did, "2,000,000 credits!"

[member="Oka Osaa"] @FRAME @Jericho @Uma @Ashe the Reaper

Solan watched the Jedi speak and nearly laughed at the man, sure Solan would have bet that but he wasn't a damned fool. The Man and the Droid had already reached the range of stupidity considering neither of them likely had the money to actually bid as they did and he shook his head as he sighed. With a quick look at the monster of a man, the one who had only bet once, he knew his bet had been a legitimate one, one he could respect. And lastly his eyes fell on the young woman who had provided him with his best challenge. Something about her shouted she could out bid them all, that is what he was curious about. His curiosity grew as he reached out and attempted to touch the woman's mind, speaking four simple words in such a way only she would. "Can you hear me?" After that quick probe he smiled and looked at the slaver. "I would like to point out, that it is likely that this man who just bet and the droid are probably running you for a fool, the one that had bet 4 million probably trying to rip you off. I bet One Million and one Thousand, as i am more than sure our friend here has not the credits to back up his mouth."

Nyxie

【夢狐】
A scowl quickly raced across the Sith mistress's face, four million? These men had to be clinically insane, for before them was but a single woman; and no queen or noble she was! However, Ashe found the concept of losing a difficult one to grasp, and there was something about the slave in the Force that spoke of... destiny.
Her glistening canid fangs were now visible through the crack in her lips from her deepest of scowls, fully erect in all her hidden frustration. Her aura only grew vicious and dark, bordering something one would expect to feel from a Sith Lord but not quite the same inherent evil. Wide, golden eyes looked dead ahead, though in her peripheral vision she scoped the entirety of the lot in panorama.
...Then patience struck her. She did something she hadn't ever done before; she took a seat.
Knowledge is power; hide it well.
Her bid would be the last, and it would be the only one that mattered....
What is it you want...? she asked, clearly in an agitated tone. It was thought in the Mandalorian tongue to keep the lesser minds from comprehending any of it in the Force.

The Mandalorian slowly made his way in, using his status as a Mandalorian Field Marshal to gain access. His eyes danced over to [member="Ashe the Reaper"], finding her action in a word- revile. He blinked behind his helmet, sitting down slowly. The Beskar'kandar made the chair creak- he was a Field Marshal, and access to the best made Mandalorian armor. He stared at the Beskar ingots, and then the back of her head.

"I will see personally due to you trying to buy another soul, you will not be consider a part of the Mando'ade any longer. You vile, awful, creature. We took you in. We gave you shelter."The Field Marshal looked around, folding his crushgaunt-adorned hands.

"It would not be in my best interest to kill you on foreign soil- but consider whatever you have, gone."

He stood up, leaning into her ear, speaking through his helmet.

"And Beskar smiths can only work the metal, you silly girl."

Preliat stopped before leaving, staring at [member="Solan Charr"], and then to @Uma. He clucked his tongue."I think it'd be a good idea for me to ask you if you want to help me."

[member="Ashe the Reaper"]

Solan smiled as she answered him back and he let another thought come from him. 'Miss, i have a good feeling you are more than you seem and i think it would be better if you let a lesser man gain a win for once, i know you hold no reason for that though i can assure you that if you so wish for a conversation or more with the woman simply contact me and im sure that it can be arranged, assuming you allow me to win the slave?' His words were soundless as they were sent to the woman, only the turn of his head would show that he had made contact with her.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Ashelotte humbly humphed.
I'm Sorry. I can't do that.
She owed [member="Solan Charr"] no explanation and he needed none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom