Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long has it been?

I was a child..

"I remember clearly now what it is to be without a home, to be without love, without happiness.
For which I was born for had no purpose other than that unto which I was made.
I am a puppet and without mercy I was cast into this world without compassion, a tool of ambition;
a machine of manufacturing the will to succeed when all else has failed.
Thus it was decided; that I would lead the Host in its unending voyage across the stars.
To be the ruler under a thousand suns, the reckoned one, purveyor of prophecy."
-- Anja Aj'Rou

I don't remember ever being ready for that day... When I was chosen as the Host Lord I had no emotion, my heart did not sink, my stomach did not grow anxious. I simply forgot to breath as if life itself had become unwanting of me. Perhaps the billions of dead souls who suffered by my hand would wish for that fate to be; the fate that I never was. Now I rule over star systems that expand in territories previously forgotten and some were taken from the hands of others.

So be it...

The Chiloon Rift
The divergent--Anja's operational command ship--had jumped out of hyperspace after traversing its voyages in surrounding Mandalorian space. A war was soon to be upon them but first the Witch of Bastion had more important matters to attend. It became known to her through hidden sources of a secret located within her Rift. The territory was granted to her warlord, Zambrano the Hutt, but through him she ruled it as well. He was its Warlord and she his Host Lord. The Chiloon Rift used to be plagued by piracy and smuggling, and in some ways they still manage to survive but their golden age has swiftly come to an end.

The single frigate drifted into a nebula and out of view of the main task force. Anja's orders were clear -- they would go alone. Whether or not the rumor was true or just another pirate's tale remained to be seen and despite her religious side the Host Lord was skeptical. If there truly was some nature of great power hidden beyond the known reaches of the Rift then why did she not hear about it before? Or better, why were others not staking their claim? Perhaps at some point those who knew of its power chose to hide it for selfish or even noble reasons. Anja herself would likely do the same assuming she actually discovered what it was she was looking for. If something was indeed this powerful then there would be no reason to share it with others for the sake of conserving balance within the galaxy.

Through the nebula and into another it seemed that the Rift had no end, she was beginning to wonder if perhaps they went off course but she did know the nature of the Rift. It was its calling card that spacers get lost within its seemingly infinite depth. It was like the high seas of old when archaic navigators used constructs on water to discover new lands that can now be scanned and entirely in minutes and understood by the mere computer. It was almost funny to think about it... What was next, what was after the universe? It was massive and this galaxy was all they knew but there were others out there... That was a fact, how long until The Primeval leave this place and seek new worlds elsewhere? Assuming their divine obligation takes them there.

Finally after hours of staring through the viewport she was compelled to move. It wasn't that she couldn't maintain focus but as someone in her position it was necessary that she maintain command aboard her vessel. Heading towards the command deck she couldn't help but recall a particular passenger she wished to speak with. He was a magick user just as her, not nearly as powerful in any respect but he had potential. He was one of the few passengers she knew little of on her ship. With her curiosity getting ahead of herself, Anja diverted from her course and went to the chambers where this 'mystery person' made himself at home for the time being.

Nearing the sliding door she entered...

[member="Sorvanth Emelari"]

The small Umbaran had finally exhausted his distractions and laid face-down in his bed as the Host Lord entered Sorvanth's chambers.
Before, he had pored over whatever information he could find on the Rift for hours; Even after years in this corner of the galaxy, Sorvanth knew very little about the Outer Rim, relying heavily on star maps and various guides. No knowledge of the Rim had truly mattered until he made his pilgrimage from Umbara to Bastion. No proper diplomat from the Republic taught their child about anything but the Core Worlds if they had any ambition for them. The people within the Outer Rim were certainly more... accepting of a man like him than the posh senators-in-training of his homeworld. If not accepting, they were still a lot less uptight.

From what he could gather, the Chiloon Rift just seemed to be an inconsequential nebula filled with handfuls of asteroids, picked apart by various mining groups grabbing desperately for whatever they could put a price tag on. Or at least, it had been that while it was a part of neutral space. The possibility of some power hidden nearby seemed impossible, especially since the source of power would be within the Primeval's territory. However, should it exist, nothing could hide from the gaze of the gods for long. And the idea of a font of great power was enticing just the same.

Yes. Power.
He had hardly held it in his short life; few trusted a “mad-man” with control over their lives or the lives of those around them. He didn't trust any of them either, and he'd make it clear to them why their fear was well-founded. The very notion drew him in like a moth to an open flame, lulling him into the pleasant realm of daydreams. His dreams were filled with fantasies of wealth and luxury, of violence and pleasure. He dreamed of an opulent palace-fortress, filled to the brim with guards, gold, and servants. Loyal followers cart in tributes of immeasurable wealth to their lord. They served him without doubt, hoping for a painless death when he asks for it. His dream was cut short by the opening of his chamber doors; he despised unexpected guests. Surprise was a weapon and only led to unneeded issues, and it was even more dangerous in an area as quiet and secluded as this one. Tired and shocked by the sudden visit, Sorvanth reluctantly called out to the doorway.
“Yes, yes. Come in.”

He lifted his head and turned to see whoever dared intrude upon his personal time. No, this guest was not expected at all. The Harbinger of the Gods herself had entered his home quarters. In a way, the woman Anja Aj'Rou was all that he wished to be. Her very word could bring the end of billions of those she deemed unworthy of life, and yet, this near demi-god stood before the little pest of a man. What could she possibly want?
“Do you need something from me, Your Worship?”

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja was not a woman known for taking the time to get to know anyone on her ship, let alone within The Primeval. Those who served did so silently and if ever they acted with incredible skill or perhaps shown themselves loyal beyond reason then perhaps she would acknowledge them. The one she chose to visit was neither of those things, he had no praises to his name and she didn't even know it. They were a total stranger to her but he knew who she was as did just about everyone within her ranks. Even the few who knew not her face did at least know the name Host Lord.

She walked in slowly and stopped, standing tall -- for her height. "Need something?" She thought out loud. "I need nothing," she continued, "What is your name?" The brief pauses and the small words proved to be less than a conversation. Yet unless he was absolutely stupid he would know better than to suspect she was just there to have small talk.

Her reasons were her own, that was all that needed to be said but still a visit from her did grant the question,'Why?', and had he asked her she probably would give some kind of answer. If he didn't ask she wouldn't be surprised and their 'conversation' would most likely continue as is unless someone or something managed to intervene out here in the depths of the Chiloon Rift where even pirates feared. The mines of this star system were valued, the rift was one of--if not the--largest asteroid fields in the entire galaxy and for centuries corporations, governments, and pirates have tried to stake their claim. In some ways this is the last frontier because with wealth in the nebula comes a hundred tales of ghost ships, anomalies, darkside relics, and even gateways to another dimension where lost worlds are said to exist.

Their destination and the very place they were looking for had been just another legend, a tale, a myth told by pirates and smugglers who've traversed the Rift before. Was it true or false? Who knew but perhaps soon everyone on this ship would know.

Sorvanth had barely managed to scramble from bed to his feet and offer a flimsy salute to the intruder before the Host Lord answered his question with another. He did not know if a salute was appropriate, but offered one anyways to avoid being on her “bad side.” Respect would be shown to someone who could thoroughly end his existence. Typically hunched over, Sorvanth straightened his posture – he did not need to look even smaller than he was and it showed he had some understanding of “discipline.”

“Emelari. Sorvanth Emelari, My Lord.” He paused, attempting to process the situation. What good would knowing his name do her? He was nothing particularly special to her, or at least he's yet to prove so or make his name known. And a person of her status would not spend their time fraternizing with each and every lowly troop in the frigate, so she must have some reason to visit him. “There are no titles to it nor any rank higher than a soldier,” he took a deep breath and calmly continued, carefully selecting his words, “May I ask then, why have you chosen to visit my chambers? Have I unknowingly committed some atrocious sin?” He knew he had yet to do anything wrong... beyond a reasonable doubt, but he wasn't entirely sure that there was any other reason for her to visit him.

He would be very surprised if just she came to hold a quaint little conversation with the short kid in the little red hood. Hopefully, the woman would not take offense to his questions; Sorvanth had only a loose idea of how concepts such as “honor” and “respect” truly worked.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

He was rather forward with what he said. Careful; but forward nonetheless. Up until now the Host Lord could not recall a point in time where the two of them had the pleasure of meeting face-to-face. Whereas he likely knew her more than she knew him, it was still a case of strangers meeting for the first time.

Any following conversation was sure to have a lot of questions so Anja wasn't surprised that he didn't hesitate to ask a few of his own.

Sins? Whether he was joking or not -- it was an interesting thought. Did people only assume the worst when she decided to visit them personally? If she did want him punished she'd have sent someone else, the Host Lord is not an enforcer, such a task would be below her. "You're different. I don't know many people of your stature who've made it this far without being... Different." By difference she was referring to the innate ability that some call the force and others call magick. Whatever the word used, it didn't make much of a difference; the power existed.

If he didn't realize this now he probably would eventually so it was of service to his own gain that the witch brought the topic up at all.

"My stature? I didn't know being a frail little man made me anything particularly special." He chuckles at his own expense, a learned behavior from years of childhood torment. His child-like frame may be considered unusually different for his kind, but it was quite clear she was referring to something else.

"I suppose I'm slightly unique, my lady. I know I may look like a child, but I don't act like one. Devotion, cunning, and a good helping of dirty work got me this far, but you aren't interested in a grunt's life story. What did you have in mind when you said 'different'?"

Most of his initial nervousness had faded, fairly confident that the Host Lord did not come to dispose of him. Less fearful, his curiosity began to take over and he no longer worried about maintaining a respectful tone. This was one of very few times he was recognized as something special, and he'd like to know why.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

The change in attitude wasn't unexpected, as most were initially intimidated by the woman's presence. Even those who knew not who she was tended to feel insecure when faced with an Umbaran. Simply put, the species was well known for their capabilities as a domineering people. Politics were just play, ruling worlds was amateur stuff. It was taking control of ones will that became their mastery. Why own armies when you can control the ones who do?

Even as detached as she was from her distant homeworld, a place she wasn't even born on, she still felt a connection within her blood that called out. "We're--" Alarms blared across the ship, the vessel began to shake violently and the life-support, anti-gravity, and various other critical systems stuttered.

"We've entered an electrical storm! Shields are dropping rapidly, all hands prepare to abandon ship." An announcement was made over the intercom.

Such a storm would never do this much damage to a vessel, and Anja knew that. Her eyes grew wider, before sinking into their naturally distant stare. "If you don't wish to die here, I suggest you follow me." The witch began to walk from the chamber and down the corridors towards the hangar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom