Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolved Unlimited Approved Ally Slots Please

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Suggestion:

I noticed we still have the "5 Approved Allies per Invasion" rule up. Anddd... Since I also noticed under the Participation: Victory Condition rule that shear bodies don't count towards winning. Well. I was thinking that maybe we should scratch the whole "5 Approved Allies" and just go with "Unlimited Approved Allies" instead. Sound cool?​

My Intent:

I was hypothetically going to sign a treaty between two Major Factions allowing military aid to be sent between Invasions as such. Alas. Only so many Allies would be allowed to participate currently as such and so. I thought. What would be the point of signing a treaty if all I was doing was dividing 5 slots between dozens and dozens of interested parties? Probably meh, eh.​

Potential Problems:
  1. Uneven sides - 10 guys writing on one side, 100 guys writing on the other. Hard to keep the Victory Conditions: Tension, Drama, and Story going with larger swings of direct writer vs writer resistance. However, I've never seen a good Invasion either where the numbers where equalized so... Meh. Whatever. Not a real problem. Every Invasion has this. Kark it.
  2. Allies can't be moderated by Faction Staffers very well. IE: Jedi vs Sith is great until your Mando Ally has a problem and doesn't want advice or input from either sides Faction Admins to help him moderate it. ...Luckily! The Report Button exists so I guess this isn't really a real problem either. So... Kark it!
  3. You'd still have to approve Allies. Which... Is actually a good thing because you don't want people to just show up and "represent" you. Then throw the match. Lol. So... Again. Not really a problem there either.
  4. Ally Abuse. AKA, you have more Allies than people from your faction participating. Pretty much allowing the rest of the board to fight your Invasion for you. Which... Would totally happen on Chaos. Haha. Major Faction by proxy. Oh gosh. This might be a real thing to worry about.

Nope. I'm outta bad thoughts. This could be a good idea. Discuss below please! :D :p

Last edited:
I think the entire way allies work on the board right is sort of meh because if people don't want to take up ally spots (or ally spots are full) they can just join the faction they want to fight for. Faction staff can still kick them out if they're not interested. The next step that seems logical is to either indeed go the way of unlimited allies, or remove the ally system entirely.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
There is a Faction Mandate that allows unlimited allies when you are defending.

Ah. Mandates. Righttt... Ton of those use Ally Slots as pros and cons. Darn.

Well. I'm not rewriting a thousand mandates today just so Allies can make sense.

Nevermind. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom