Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Unlikely Allies talking Dirty Jobs

Imperial Arbiter of the Outer Rim

Tag: Khoan Fellis Khoan Fellis
Objective: Negotiate
vDVBrQ1.png
Julius walked out of the corridor. A few minutes ago, a security alert had rung in his office, alerting him of a presence. A cargo had been sucked out of hyperspace, above Yinchorr, and the Azure Hammer Command had caught it. The repair teams had begun to work on it as soon as it reached the shipyard, while the pilot was taken away for interrogation. He had revealed nothing at first but didn't seem to pose a threat. And so Julius had ordered him to be moved away in a guest room. Supplied with fresh clothes and whatever he needed, the spacer had stayed there for three hours now. The time for the Heir to have a moment with him when he was free.

The old man entered the room and sat down, staring at his guest and trying to surmise what he was up to on this planet. Maybe he could be useful, in the end. The House always needed freelance agents to work with. Be it for simple missions, or dangerous ones. Whether this particular pilot was ready to work with the Imperials or not was to be seen, but Julius could very well get him on the next transport off-world and seize his ship for compensation if he refused to cooperate a little. They were, needless to say, on an Imperial Fortress world, not in an Alliance Charity Centre.

"Welcome on Yinchorr, Mister Fellis. If the records of your freighter are correct, so is your name. I am Lord Julius Haskler of Anaxes, Moff of this sector, and I welcome you on my world. What brings you to Imperial space with such a damaged vessel? You must have quite the story to tell... But reassure me. Are the clothes and the food at your convenience? I can have those changed if necessary."

" A Moff, huh?" Khoan thought to himself. Khoan had involuntarily slipped out of hyperspace after a run-in with unfortunate circumstances: more bounty hunters. Khoan had been doing a job that had made his employer not satisfied and so they sent hunters after him to "finish the job" persay.

"I was in a chase with some bounty hunters. Really, I was lucky to escape so easily with the help of whatever sucked me out of hyperspace and yes, the clothes and food are nice and all, except that interrogation. You guys sure know how to get someone especially in for their troubles I must say."

Khoan felt the back of his neck after he was hit multiple times off of his ship. The Challenger had been in bad shape when he left but he did see a repair crew look after he was taken away so hopefully, everything should be functional by the time he returns to it. He looked to the Moff. The man had been dressed splendidly and seemed to pose a means of diplomacy rather than interrogation. Still, Khoan could feel that the man had a threatening aura about him. Khoan tried to feel through the force for the feelings of this Moff and sensed a feeling of wanting as if he needed something from Khoan. Khoan put his hands over his head and stretched out his legs.

"So why the nice treatment? Seems like you guys need something of me."

Julius Haskler Julius Haskler

Imperial Arbiter of the Outer Rim

Tag: Khoan Fellis Khoan Fellis
Objective: Negotiate
vDVBrQ1.png
Straight to the point, uh? Julius liked that. The tone was precise and the man knew what he was doing, seemingly. His sharp words had it right. But maybe getting the spacer to feel too comfortable wasn't a good move. The old diplomat was unsure how to deal with what his upbringing had called scum. Of course, he knew that scum was useful, but the thrill of betrayal was still a grim reality.

"I am happy you find yourself comfortable, Mister Fellis. I am sorry we had to undergo something as unpleasant as an interrogation but you must understand we are in a sensitive world, and I cannot be found negligent on the security aspects. We needed to know whether you're a lost spacer as you pose, or if you're a spy of some kind... But now this matter has been settled, you will be free to visit the capital as long as you avoid the restricted areas, which are guarded. I can assign someone to you if you fear being lost or putting yourself in a complicated situation."

The reaction of the smuggler was important to assess his nature and the security measures he would need to place on him. But without a pause, Julius decided to reassure his interlocutor.

"You are right to assume I want something from you, Mister Fellis. But I would be grossly unpolite if I was demanding something back in exchange for the repairs of your ship and the room I offer you. No, what I want is of different nature. I want to offer you a job. But, tell me, what relation do you have with the law? Would you break it, or put yourself in a dangerous situation if it was rewarded?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom