Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Regions Salvage (Open)

Republic_Cruiser.png

Wan Min Brightsky pulled the lever back, bringing the Star's End out of hyperspace. It had been a long journey from Tython where she and her utility droid, T3-D4, had spent two weeks selling the results of their latest salvage operation on the open market. She never considered herself a grave robber, but life on the Outer Rim was hard enough for her to abandon her old misgivings about salvage. She needed food more than she needed academic morals or ethics. "Well D4, what do you think? A few months in the Unexplored Regions, a chance at some decent salvage, maybe a willing crew this time. Sound good to you?" She asked the droid who responded with a series of excited beeps and whoops.

She stretched her arms out above her head to work the cramps out of her arms. As she did so, she slammed her knuckles against a low-hanging bulkhead. "Kriffing OW!" She exclaimed. The small, ancient droid merely responded with a series of chatty beeps. "You little...I swear to whatever gods exist that I'll sell you to a Jawa!" She replied, scowling at the droid. The droid merely blew a raspberry at her. "Fine, be that way. Set us down outside the capitol city. I'll be heading to a local cantina to recruit a crew. You just set us down in one piece." She explained.

Wan Min made her way to the back of the ship and the airlock. She could feel the ancient ship make its descent and landing at the Selvaris spaceport. She grabbed a small datapad sitting on a work bench next to the airlock. Just as the ship touched down, she threw the toggle switch to cycle the airlock and extend the stairway. The air smelled fresh, better than the recycled air she'd been breathing on the Star's End for weeks now. Just as she reached the bottom of the stairway she was engrossed in deep thought, pondering over the set of coordinates on the datapad. She failed to see the small lip at the bottom of the stairway. She stumbled over it and fell, face first, onto the concrete tarmac. "Sith spawn!"

She made her way to the local cantina and sat down at a table. Now came the waiting.

m92gqw.png

"Ship designation Thunderflash requesting landing" came over the coms of the spaceport control, who directed the big brown beast over to a nearby landing bay. The huge ship wheeled itself a full 180 degrees before slowly descending and settling on it's landing gear as the heft sublights powered down. The huge ship was an old GR-75 medium, though adorned in a dusty brown colour scheme and adorning a large logo which resembled a Squib's face on each side, advertising "Ornil Trading".

The landing ramp decended and the ground crews began to work on refueling and resupplying the ship as per request by the ship's captain on the approach. The landing ramp descended and out stepped a meter tall, small red fluffy creature and his astromech droid. Though Lenix only slightly taller than the red droid, his size meant nothing as he instructed the ground crews with plenty of knowledge before making his way to the bar, R5 asking him something in a flurry of droidspeak

"I'm not sure how she will be, but if her reputation is anything she seems decently skilled" he replied as he entered the cantina, looking about for his business partner

[member="DasGeneral"]

"Where is Siwa?" Armand asked the Chief Scientist of the Selvaris bio-engineering laboratory. Siwa, an attractive Nagai scientist, supplied him with the Abyssin cells he needed for his bio-implant clinic on Hapes. The cells had astounding regenerative properties and were used primarily in youth serum treatments. But lately the shipments had been getting mixed up and he had flown to Selvaris personally to figure out what was going wrong. The cells were expensive and these kind of mistakes were far too costly.

"She quit," said the human nonchalantly. The scientist went back to examining a row of test tubes and marking down notes on a clipboard. Armand frowned and drew out his datapad. "Look here, the last shipment to my clinic that was supposed to be Abyssin cells turned out to be Argazdan cells. This kind of mistake is unacceptable."

The scientist waved him away. "You're wasting your time. We've stopped selling them anyway. You want your credits back?" He motioned to a thick pile of papers and with an irritated snort said, "Fill out those forms and we'll send it up to billing to process."

Armand threw up his hands in disgust and exited the lab. He wasn't going to stand there and fill out hundreds of forms and then wait a standard year to get his credits back. He was better off re-selling the Argazden cells which were worthless to him but which may be valuable elsewhere. Or even on the blackmarket, he considered.

But another part of his disappointment right now was that he had really wanted to ask Siwa out to dinner and now he wasn't sure how to find her. He headed up the streets of Selvaris, wiping his brow with a handkerchief. Armand wasn't used to the tropical clime and in his black tunic and heavy linen pants he felt stifled and overdressed. He asked a passerby for directions to the nearest cantina to cool off from the hot twin suns. Plus, maybe he'd run into Siwa there.

Sidestepping a group of scavenging Jenets who rifled through the trash outside of the cantina, he went inside. The cool and dark immediately enveloped him - what relief from the heat! He stepped up to the bar and ordered a SonicServodriver, a bit strong for the day but what the hell, he was here in Wild Space now. Might as well make this a short vacation.

[member="DasGeneral"]
[member="Lenix Ornil"]

Wan Min sat at the small cantina table looking around for her possible business partners. She had heard rumors about Lenix Ornil, the Squib who had contacted her about the salvage operation. He was good, a solid salvage operator with a new vessel. Two ships are always better than one, or so she told herself. She saw a Squib enter the cantina in the distance. She immediately stood up, although in the process she knocked her glass of blue milk off the table. "Kriffing..." she muttered to herself.

While she was looking at the spilled milk, she glanced up and saw the Squib walking around the bar. "Lenix, Lenix Ornil, it's me, Wan Min Brightsky!" She exclaimed loud enough for everyone in the establishment to hear her. The Squib noticed and walked over towards her.

[member="Lenix Ornil"]

The short Squib returned the wave and made his way over, his droid in tow as he happily took Wan Min's hand and shook it, before rubbing it on his furry cheek (a common squib pracice~ their hair being another sensory organ) and taking a seat next to her on the barstool, having to look up a fair bit on the ground due to his size

"Hello miss Min! Pleasure to meet you finally, I trust the journey wasn't too rough?" he asked with a smirk, ordering a light soft drink from the bar and took a sip. The Squib's fur was stained with oil and dust from his constant tinkering, as a keen engineer would be, although he did make SOME effort to clean up.

"So miss, where exactly are we going to be going and what sort of treasures do you know of that we'll be getting our hands on?" he asked curiously: he knew the rough of the mission but he liked to know the specifics~ gave him more motivation

@DasGeneral @Armand Temi

Word had reached the Zeltron of a possible job as part of a salvage crew. While not exactly glamorous Zaahir enjoyed the freedom of space travel. Plus, although he was no real slicer and couldn't find all possible information, from the little bit of digging he had done, it seemed like a legitimate job. Too many times salvage was code for piracy and while some people might deserve to have their pockets lightened, it was more often the innocent who were exploited. After all, the guilty usually knew to protect themselves. On top of all that, the lure of Selvaris was fading. He'd hopped ships to get here, but a few weeks was enough, he was ready to get moving again.

Which was how he came to be seated in the cantina sipping a rather good glass of freshly made chilled fruit juice when a female human, or possible humanoid leapt up and announced herself as the woman he'd been waiting for. That thought caused his lips to twitch up into a small smile, he supposed if he were a proper Zeltron he'd be informing her of that, oozing pheromones all the way. Hardly chivalrous behaviour however, nor how one should start a new business venture.

Raising a finger, he politely signalled one of the servers over, a few quick words and an exchange of credits saw the server bringing him a fresh glass of Blue milk. Taking it with a nod, he rose from his own seat and approached the woman, Brightsky and squib. Lenix she'd called him.

"Ms. Brightsky, Mr Ornil."

He greeted both with a friendly smile and nod, subconsciously pushing an aura of friendliness around him. He was fairly good at keeping the pheromones in check because he thought about it, the slight empathic telepathy was harder because most of the time he didn't realize he was doing it. He set the fresh glass of Blue milk before Wan Min.

"You will pardon me for interrupting."

His Basic was good, though the wording hinted that it might not be his first language, a thought that could be reinforced by the accent that coloured his words.

"I am led to believe you are hiring crew, perhaps for the journey you discuss now, yes? I am Zaahir Asad, and I would be pleased to join you on this endeavour."

[member="DasGeneral"] [member="Lenix Ornil"]

Even though Armand had been drinking in the cantina for awhile his eyes would never fully adjust to the darkness as poor night vision was a hallmark of his race. He did hear some commotion at a nearby table and a glass breaking on the floor. A bar fight!?! At this time of day!?! He heard a female voice so he squinted towards the noise and moved closer ready to spring into chivalrous action.

But when he heard that it was just a group of off-planet salvagers he sighed in relief. Armand wasn't immune to the odd bar fight but since his vision wasn't good, fighting without good overhead lighting really put him at a disadvantage.

But these salvagers could be interested in taking the unwanted bio-goods off his hands. Armand also ordered a drink for the lady and approached the table noticing she was with a Squib and a Zeltron. He stood close enough to attract attention but waited for a pause in the conversation to make his inquiry.

[member="Zaahir Asad"]
[member="Lenix Ornil"]
[member="DasGeneral"]

Piraiba

Togorian Barricade
There was a booth a few tables away in the corner that had a large Togorian resting his head against the wall. A mostly empty and overturned bottle of Corellian whiskey rolled off of the table and shattered on the floor. This sound caused the creature to finally stir. His emerald green eyes opened, and his face collapsed to his claw adorned hands like someone waking to a hangover.

However, the feline was used to such drinking rituals as these. His senses were still finely attuned, and the creature's ears pivoted and was able to pick out some of Zaahir's words. In particular the words about a hiring crew had peaked his interest.

This caused the Togorian to stand, which pushed the table away a couple of feet with a loud screech. He truly was like a bull in a china shop. Piraiba took no notice of the noise as he stretched and let out a loud yawn that was more akin to a lions roar than that of a humanoid's yawn. Many of the patrons had taken notice to this and the first two loud noises he made, but no one made approached him. Of course the cat stood out like a sore thumb. The 800 pound Togorian was easily ten feet tall with battered Mandalorian chest plating, and other various mismatched pieces of armor that looked to have been collected across multiple battlefields like trophies. Draped over his side was a massive cloak that seemed more like an old scratchy tattered brown blanket than that of an article of clothing.

"Brightsky. This one is Piraiba. Piraiba can offer protection and muscle."

The Togorian's voice was loud, and had a deep bass resonating quality that filled the room.

[member="DasGeneral"] [member="Lenix Ornil"] [member="Armand Temi"] [member="Zaahir Asad"]

Wan Min was taken aback at the Squib's gesture of rubbing her hand against his cheek, but she was educated enough to know of the behavior of Squibs to know this was a common enough act on their part. "Mr. Ornil, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!" Wan Min exclaimed happily and gestured for him to sit. As she did, another man, a Zeltron, walked up as well. "Mr. Asad, I believe you contacted me about joining my crew, please come and sit down with Mr. Ornil here and we can discuss our plan." Just as she was about to sit down, a third creature, a Togorian approached the table as well and announced his intentions. "Well Mister...um...Piraiba, please pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. I am sure that we can find space for you as well!"

As it had been quite some time since Wan Min had any interested parties who wanted to join her salvage operation it all seemed like a lot to take in. "You'll all have to forgive me if I seem a bit flustered, I'm not used to having so many people take interest in joining my salvage missions. Mr. Asad, thank you for ordering me a replacement Blue Milk. I'm not normally a drinker, so coming to a cantina is a bit of a stretch for me. And, as you all can tell, I'm a bit clumsy. I hope that's not a problem for all of you!" Wan Min explained to the three creatures. She reached over and retrieved her datapad from its place near Ornil.

"I guess I should give you some background before we begin. Please let me finish explaining my history since it will give you a better idea of what we're getting ourselves into here. I apologize in advance, I tend to ramble on!" She paused to take a drink of her Blue Milk before continuing.

"I'm not a salvage operator by training. I'm a Coruscant University educated Historian and Archaeologist with two Ph.D.'s in Old Republic History and Archaeology. Until a few months ago I was a researcher and tenured professor at Coruscant Uni. before the government cut my research funding and my tenured position. If any of you are wondering, I may have been on Coruscant but neither I nor any of my family were One Sith loyalists, which might be why I lost my funding. I've always considered myself a loyal citizen of the ideals of the Old Republic, but politics don't matter when it comes to business matters. So, that being said, let's just leave our politics at the door, shall we?" Wan Min paused to take a drink again and let her statement sink in. She waited to allow them to respond before continuing as well.

"I don't run what you would call a 'Traditional' salvage operation. I'm a historian and archaeologist by training. My salvage operations are all in deep space in the Unknown Regions, Wild Space, and Outer Rim for a reason: What I'm looking for can't be found generally in any of what we call 'civilized space' anymore. Before I left Coruscant Uni. I was able to...ahem, 'procure' a copy of the Old Republic Navy's battle and deployment archives, or what's left of them anyways, going back to just before the Jedi Civil War. These records are fragmented, but workable for my uses. I'm looking for ancient vessels and ships built before the founding of the New Republic and before the Yuuzhan Vong War. Those ships are usually a pain in a Bantha's hindquarters to find, but they are worth their weight in credits to the right buyer or collector." She paused again to allow responses.

"I've got a lead on a possible battlefield from my copy of the Republic Navy archives that dates back to just around the end of the Galactic Cold War. These are almost four thousand year old records, so the location might be a bit off. But, it's deep in the Unexplored Regions and deep in what is currently unclaimed space out there. If my records are right, we could find the wreckage of Republic and Sith Empire battleships, destroyers, frigates, fighters, and hundreds of other vessels. It's been almost four thousand years, so the odds are that we might not find much, maybe a few ships and some heavily diluted debris fields. But even a find like that is worth quite a bit of money. If we can find just one intact or partially intact vessel, we've got a hefty payday from a collector on Corellia, the owner of a large biomedical and pharmaceutical company, who has already informed me that he will pay a small fortune for a larger vessel." She paused a last time before finishing her explanation.

"So, here's the short version: I have the possible location of an ancient Republic-Sith Battlefield and a collector who will pay us a great deal of money for an intact larger ship. If you sign on with me, the deal is that I don't run normal 'Salvage' operations, which means no going after civilian shipping. I've seen that happen too many times and I won't abide it on any of my missions. We split the percentage equally amongst all of us. Just because I found the information doesn't mean that I take more than any of you. Even those who are working on the deck running equipment get an equal share. And, if we take the original target of our salvage and make our quota for our buyer, you are free to take whatever you like. But please, let me take a look first. If it's old, the odds are that I can find a willing buyer in the core worlds who will pay big money for it. Follow those rules and everyone goes home with a larger credit account and a clean conscience." She ended her explanation and put on a big grin for everyone to see.

"So, are we all on board?" She said with a flourish of her left hand that ended with her smacking her hand against the table. "Ow!"

[member="Lenix Ornil"] [member="Zaahir Asad"] [member="Piraiba"] [member="Armand Temi"]

The squib waited for her to finish her briefing before nodding "Hmmm, with my ship's tractor beams I could likely haul anything about the size of an Imperial frigate, although slowly, though if any of your ships have a tractor beam or two it'll double the amount we get" he considered everything~ he'd heard the mission from Wan Min earlier and was already onboard all the way. He looked at the huge feline humanoid and looked up and down his large form

"Say my friend, do you have an EVA Suit you'd fit inside? You'd be handy in exploring the wreck, as often we'll need debris shifting" he asked curiously "Lots of artifacts that could get wrecked once we start moving them, so we want to clear out as many larger ships as we can, which I can help with some salvage droids, though I don't have many. And they can be clumsy, the ship we need to haul back we'd be bast clearing out ourselves"

The Squib's natural salvaging instincts came to surface very quickly, showing he knew what he was doing!

@DasGeneral @Piraiba [member="Armand Temi"] [member="Zaahir Asad"]

"I beg your pardon," said Armand with a little flair to get the group's attention. "I couldn't help but overhear of your salvage operation and I myself am in the market for bio-goods." He set the new glass of blue milk down for the young woman who had assembled this crew together. "Would you be interested in a bio-engineer joining your crew for a little while. I'm also interested in xenopathology and don't often get a chance to travel through Wild Space especially not with such well-educated company." He smiled specifically at the head salvager who indicated that she was an academic by trade.

Armand inspected the other potential crew mates. Mr. Ornil was the scrappy-looking squib. Perhaps he would be able to find bargain a great price for his unwanted cells. Mr. Asad was a handsome Zeltron who stood almost as tall as Armand. He was very well dressed and at first he had thought Asad was the one who was funding the operation, but the lady salvager explained that a businessman on Corella was the sponsor of this trip. And then there was a giant Togorian who appeared to offer his services as some type of bodyguard. Armand wouldn't mind studying the cat-creature a little closer but knew better than to vocalize that intention.

"I won't ask for any payment. Only passage along with you and the right to keep anything I find on my own, let's call it, bio-salvaging mission." In the dark he couldn't tell if his audience was puzzled, annoyed, eager or bored, so he added, "I'm also a doctor and can provide any type of first-aid if the salvaging conditions are rough." He smirked at the lady salvager. "Like your bruised hand. I could treat that if you need me to."

[member="DasGeneral"]
[member="Piraiba"]
[member="Lenix Ornil"]
[member="Zaahir Asad"]

Wan Min gave the human a bright smile. "Please Mr. Temi, sit down and join us!" She said to Temi.

She took a long drink of the Blue Milk and pondered his background for a moment. "I don't have much experience with bio-goods, but I'm sure we will be able to find something on those wrecks out there. The Old Republic was very good about keeping biological goods and equipment in sealed storage areas and in the Medbay. After almost four millennia I'm not sure what will be there, but it's yours if you can find it!" Min said.

"Even though you don't want payment, I consider it a matter of principle to always pay those who come along on my operations. If you can't find any bio-salvage that could match the amount of credits you would get paid for the mission, I'll be sure to give you your fair share of our cut," Min explained. She always considered it a matter of honor and sticking to her word when it came to paying people on her ship. She had been on the receiving end of that before and never wanted to put anyone in that situation again.

"So, that being said, we can always use a medic on board! Welcome to the crew!" She said as she looked down at her bruised hand.

"Oh, well that might be needing treatment..."

[member="Lenix Ornil"] [member="Armand Temi"]

Piraiba

Togorian Barricade
Piraiba did as Wan suggested except that he pulled up two chairs rather than one. Sitting in one chair tended to be very uncomfortable and unstable. As he was doing this, the woman was already deep into explaining the mission. She went off on tangents and had no problem speaking at length. The Togorian stayed silent and gave a blank expression as she spoke. One might have thought him simple, and they wouldn't have been wrong when it came to subjects like archaeology. His skills were found elsewhere in survival, hunting, and fighting.

Speaking of surviving, Piraiba was having trouble fathoming how the double Ph.D. had gone this far mostly unscathed. She was revealing many of her weaknesses before anyone else even started to speak. The cat had never known anyone to do this. Was it an act?

The creature's thoughts were then pulled away by the sudden inquiry by Lenix.

"EVA ... suit? Piraiba has never fought in space," replied the Togorian. The word 'space' brought a sudden visual grimace over his facial features.

Armand Temi joined the table and Piraiba couldn't help but to stare at him for a moment. Something about the man nagged at the feline's senses. He couldn't quite place what it was though. After a few more moments he finally mentally shrugged the suspicion off. Though it was still odd that the man didn't require payment.

"This one will join you, Brightsky."

Piraiba had amassed a sizable sum of money over the years, but he still had no intention of turning down payment.

@DasGeneral @Armand Temi [member="Lenix Ornil"] [member="Zaahir Asad"]

Freighter12_zpsudppukdu.jpg

"It's late, I want to turn in," Alena muttered to herself. She wished a voice would reply, "But sweetheart, we're just about to leave hyperspace, you'll have to wait." It wasn't that she didn't want the sleep, she did. But she wanted company more and unfortunately, she was alone...no one muttered back. "But sweetheart, we're just about to leave hyperspace, you'll have to wait." Alena mocked herself with the words, groaning and rapping her knuckles against the console.

The Arse End was a Class VI freighter, and took a minimum of two people to crew properly. Alena was alone; needless to say the Arse End wasn't being crewed properly at the moment. Well enough, was hardly an accurate way to put it either.

Alena glanced at the navicomputer display. Five minutes until reversion to real space. Five minutes and she would reach Selvaris, where Wan Min was waiting. Miss Brightsky, lovable klutz and part-time moron. Alena blew a raspberry out of her mouth, dusting the viewscreen with spittle. She hadn't meant to be that messy, but anyone that double majored in history was begging for a life looking for work.

"Then again, you can't really talk, lawyer who's working salvage." Alena berated herself often, it's what her father would have done, but he wasn't there, and someone had to. She frowned, glancing down at her fingernails, biding her time. They needed to be trimmed, again. And her hair was dry. Alena curled a grey-blue lock around her finger, lifting it for inspection.
"You've developed split ends, sweetheart." She muttered to herself. Alena released the hair, sighing. She liked looking pretty, though it didn't much matter; she had no one to look pretty for.

Two minutes. "Good, almost there." Alena grumbled, turning in her seat and looking at the empty co-pilot chair beside her. In it sat a piece of fruit and a nerf-meat sandwich she'd forgotten to eat. Suddenly her stomach growled and Alena remembered she was hungry. As she sat there munching on a sandwich, she glanced around the cockpit. It was spacious enough, but dimly lit. The rest of the vessel was the same way. Half the lightpanels were out and the rest of the ceiling and wall space didn't seem to have ever been given any. The vessel was old and dingy enough Alena didn't want to know what hid in the shadows anymore.
"Better it stays dark, that way no one has to look at you." Alena frowned, that was mean, even for herself. But whatever she was getting at, she was probably right, and that was worse. Alena felt her jaw clench for a moment, before she forced the anger away as the computer signaled for reversion.
Alena reached for the hyperdrive lever and tugged it gently back. The Arse End shivered as starlines turned into pinpoints and the planet of Selvaris expanded into view before her.

Thirty minutes later, Alena was lowering her rather large vessel onto a landing platform outside the capital city proper. She checked her wristcomp for local news and weather information, and was glad she did. Selvaris was a humid and hot planet with two suns, convincing Alena of the need for shorts and a hair tie. She exchanged her spacer pants for plain black tights and a small brown leather skirt, then pulled her boots back on. She left her jacket behind as well in favor of a cream-colored tank top. The shorts left her holdout pistol exposed, so Alena removed it entirely and left it on board.
As the landing ramp pulled itself up behind her, Alena brushed her hair back with her hands and secured it into a loose ponytail at the back of her head. Her pale blue skin was already beading with sweat, and Alena was ready to swear off heat forever. She brought her wristcomp to her lips and keyed Wan Min's freq. "Brightsky, it's Reckar. I'm here for you, sweetheart. Where are ya?"
Alena looked ahead at the city proper and began the short trek while the massive engines of the Arse End whined down behind her. The landing district was hotter than the rest of the region most likely, what with the combination of tarmac to retain the heat and a constant stream of running engines to keep it fed. She was glad to be free of it after a moment, as Alena finally made her way into the city's market district. Brightsky had mentioned meeting at a bar or cantina, but hadn't had a name at the time. Wherever she was, Alena could only hope it wasn't too far of a walk.

[member="Piraiba"]
[member="DasGeneral"]
[member="Armand Temi"]
[member="Lenix Ornil"]
[member="Zaahir Asad"]

Just as Wan Min was starting to say something to the Togorian, her writst-comm buzzed.

"Brightsky, it's Reckar. I'm here for you, sweetheart. Where are ya?"

Wan Min immediately knew that voice. "Reckar dear, it's good to hear from you! I was hoping to see you when I landed. I'm at a small Cantina just off the main spaceport in the city market. I've already got a few new companions here who will be joining us for the mission. It's the Double-10 Cantina, we're sitting in the back."

[member="Alena"] [member="Piraiba"] [member="Armand Temi"] [member="Lenix Ornil"]

Alena was viewport shopping when Wan Min's response came through. She was looking at a particularly sweet looking pair of heels that were far beyond her price range. Alena frowned, lifting her wrist and queueing her comm. "The Double-Ten, gotcha. See ya soon."
Alena smiled slightly as she lowered her hand and brushed a lock of hair from her sweat-beaded face. Wan Min was a sweet gal, just a bit too academia for Alena, who'd never been able to lose herself in anything as deeply as Wan Min lost herself in a textbook.

She looked up the Double-10 cantina on her local directory, glad to discover it was no more than a ten minute walk. When she arrived, Alena picked out the table at the back where she spotted Wan Min, waving sweetly before glancing over at the bartender and requesting a glass of ice water. She made her way to the table where a collection of the most sordid individuals she'd seen in ages were gathered together.
"My, my, a Squib, a Togorian, and a Zeltron." She nodded to the rest, somewhat unnerved by the Zeltron. She fluttered a bit just looking at him, which made her wonder if his pheromones were turned off or just down considering her affinity for the company of females. "So, Wan Min, is this our crew, or are there more coming?"

[member="DasGeneral"]
[member="Piraiba"]
[member="Lenix Ornil"]
[member="Zaahir Asad"]

Wan Min stood up and gave Alena a hug. "It's so good to see you Alena! I've missed you the past few months. Please, sit down and join us," said Wan Min as she gestured to an open seat off to the right of her.

"For the moment, this is our crew although I'm hoping that one or two others will join us soon. I already sent you the specifics of the mission so I don't think I need to go over it in detail again. Ancient salvage in the Unknown Regions that I know of thanks to those bastard former employers of mine at Coruscant University," she said, practically spitting out the name of her former university.

"I take it that you have the Arse End with you? If we have your ship, the Star's End, and our Squib friend's ship we should be able to make quick work of any large salvageable ships we find," Wan Min stated.

[member="Alena"]

Alena set down her drink and crossed her arms, listening to Wan Min's words. She nodded. "Yeah, I've got the Arse End here. And I recently picked up some extra equipment that'll help in retrieval and separation." She flashed a smile, "I'm prepared, to be sure."

[member="DasGeneral"]

"Perfect! Then we should start looking over these records. I know you've got a history background Alena, so if I could ask a small favor of you?" Wan Min asked. She knew Alena hated archival work more than anything, but she needed a second set of eyes.

"If you've got the time tonight, I need you to look over these records I've got. You have way more experience with this type of salvage, and these are old records from the Republic Navy. The After Action Report is in there as well for the local engagement. Maybe see if you can identify some likely targets for salvage? Ships that are most likely to still be intact, most likely extant debris fields, and possible tech we could salvage. You were always better at this type of work, I was terrible at the guesswork!" Wan Min said. She knew she'd get a dirty look or a sharp glare from Alena, but it was worth the risk.

[member="Alena"]

The Squib considered how much the Zeltron wanted to pawn off these Bio-Goods, thinking they may be unprofitable. There was nothing more that a Squib hated than being ripped off "Why do you want to sell these so much? What are their purpose?" he questioned the rather aloof Bio-Engineer. He knew more about his trade, though the Squib new more about the Market.

He turned to Piraiba and shook his head "Not fighting, just heavy lifting. Hopefully we won't need any fighting muscle on this trip, and if you look at me I'm not exactly a heavy lifter" the small creature quipped smartly "If I can acquire you one would you assist?" he asked

He then turned as the new member of Wan Min's crew entered. It was obvious they knew each other from past experiences but he'd wait to find out how far back she and this lady with the fantastically named ship went. In the meantime he raised his hat in greeting "Hello Miss, glad to have you aboard" he chirped as he ordered another drink to wet his throat in the warm cantina.

[member="DasGeneral"] [member="Alena"] [member="Piraiba"] [member="Armand Temi"] [member="Zaahir Asad"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom