Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

United In Darkness

4608c1b046c18ea683a885f02b9922db.jpg

The Underground
Bastion, Sartinaynian system

Krest. The name was familiar, but the person behind it was not.

Still, he was an active figure with the Sith Empire and that was enough for Connor to know he was a figure to meet with about their operations. He had heard rumour and hearsay now-and-then about Krest.

An assassin? A lord? A politician? Some he doubted, others he could see.

In an arm of the Empire's stronghold on Bastion, Connor walked slowly along the steel corridor looking out at the murky night that had drawn in. Browns, blacks and hazy purples cast their glow across the landscape.

It was quiet, and if the young Acolyte Connor had talked to was right, then Krest was around this arm of the stronghold. Hopefully he would be around soon.

There was much to discuss and to understand, and a potential alliance to build.

[member="Krest"]

For a notorious Assassin known only as War to many, Krest was fairly easy to find. The hobbled looking old man was often found with his cane in hand, wandering around the stronghold on Bastion when he got the chance to. His eyes and ears were always open, listening and watching for anything that might come of interest. The Force always gave it's whispers, promises of alliances and power. Most were a lie, but this particular whisper was strong.

Soon enough he found the source of the whisper, [member="Connor Harrison"] would find the Lord staring right at him as he walked down the hallway, a smile on his face. "You must be the one that wishes to speak with me."

The darkness radiated from the one known as 'War', probably a worthy alias, as he came closer to Connor.

"Lord Krest? You will know me as Connor Harrison, but by name only. My true self is one you don't know, but one that I soon hope you will and indeed the whole of the Sith Empire."

He gave a slight bow, arms behind his back.

"Thank you for answering my call. I will cut to the chase, and that is I want to help form a sect within the Empire known as Shadows. Much like Connor commanded in the Silver Jedi, they will be agents of the Sith who go above and beyond duty to bring apart the enemy. But they will answer only to myself and the Dark Lord. If they are caught or killed, then they never existed."

He paused.

"I am here to seek your help, and be it support, to establish myself as a servant of the Dark Side."

[member="Krest"]

"I remember a Connor in the Silvers. A kind man who gave refuge to a broken man. A kindness that has not been forgotten." [member="Connor Harrison"] may not remember, but when Krest was still piecing his memory back together he was given refuge on Voss from Connor himself. A time when they both thought the Light to be the answer, when all it was was the lie. It was a lifetime ago now however.

"I have resources, I have contacts. In a way, meeting me for this was wise. I can provide you the means to serve the Empire, locations, targets, equipment; but in exchange you will have to do something for me." Again Krest leaned heavily on his cane, but this time to lean in closer to the once Ren to speak in a whisper. "My own allies need places to run free in the Empire. We all serve the Dark, but my.. Friends, are even more secretive of their loyalties than your Shadows would be. They will help your ranks, and in exchange you will look the other way as they do other jobs."

Krest straightened out his back and reached into his cloak to pull something free. In his hands, the basic Hidden Blade signature to his organization, the Assassins. "Consider this a gift, and know that all who carry such a weapon are the allies I speak of. Prove your worth in the battle of shadows, and we will extend a more.. Permanent position among our ranks. And, I think you were in need of an upgrade." There was a chuckle from the elder as he motioned to the hidden blade currently strapped to Connors wrist. How odd that he would have the same weaponry. At least he didn't need to be trained with it.

"That blade will be much sharper than the current one you have, and won't ever loose a point. Now, tell me the details of the armory you'll need, and I'll see what I can dig up for you."

A favour for a favour. Seemed fair, but the fact Krest new the former Jedi was interesting. Connor pursed his lip as he listened, seemingly the old Jedi knew the right people at one time.

Looking on at the hidden blade in Krest's hand, he could see it was a far sturdier and sharper looking weapon than the one on his right arm. He looked at his own, and then at Krest's and took it.

"He must have seen you were a good man. I can see that in your now. Thank you for this."

He admired the build quality and the working mechanism, and then gave Krest his full attention.

"I would not even be known to them should they go about their work in my presence. They will get no difficulty from me, that I assure you." In thought, he rubbed his chin with his cybernetic hand for a second. "It is not so much the armory I need, not yet. It's contacts within your group. Those I can meet, work with and forge new relations with for the greater good. You know as well as I do the impossible task I face shedding the Jedi Harrison's legacy. I need stepping stones to do this, and with your heart invested in war as much as mine, I was hoping you would be such a stepping stone. Consider this a favour in return for his hospitality on Voss."

[member="Krest"]

"I have a couple that you can contact. The first is the Lady of Secrets. She will be a valuable ally for you during your time playing the shadows. Be warned, she will betray you if it suits her needs." [member="Taeli Raaf"] , though he wasn't so rude as to give out her name. The most he would do was offer the address to contact her, an address that had no ties to anything. "You'll have to tell me some time how the Jedi died. Regardless of his affiliation, I did respect him." It was interesting, the idea of one person dying when the body was still alive. [member="Connor Harrison"] was a new Connor, a Sith.

"I'll bring attention to my other contacts, see if they'd like to meet you. For now, would you like some tea? There are other things I wish to discuss."

Lady of Secrets? He looked intrigued, just as the name was meant to do - intrigue. For now, he lowered his head in a grateful gesture.

"Thank you. I appreciate that. And, yes, tea will be fine."

A rather sweet taste, tea. Refreshing too, just what he needed. Arms behind his back, Connor walked with his ally.

"I shall tell you how the Jedi died of course. It was on the planet Maena. Sorceress Matsu Xiangu finally destroyed the physical and mental resilience of the Jedi Connor Harrison, and partially due to his own sacrifice. He gave up the claim of the Dark Side and wanted to atone for his sins against the Light. So he did. He wanted to die and end his pain. But, he didn't die. Not fully. The mind was broken, but the body and soul remained. There, with the Dark Side free to emerge from within, it consumed his soul and mind and the Sorceress patched up the body, enhanced it, and I was born."

He cocked his head a little.

"I am in the process of wiping out his legacy and forging my own with my new identity to replace his. Complicated, I know, but it is necessary."

[member="Krest"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom