Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underground Programmable IFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: A programmable IFF for the Underground
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/63103-now-you-see-me/
Manufacturer: The Underground
Model: Underground Programmable IFF
Affiliation: Select Underground ships
Modularity: The IFF can be programmed for a half false ship names, ports of origins and flags.
Production: Semi-Unique (Specified PCs only, ones from the Dev Thread)
Material: Ship Avionics and Identification components
Description:
The Underground IFF Transponder was created out of the idea of Coren Starcahser. While the Starchaser isn't the best with creating hyperdrives or engines, he is known to get onto worlds and work to blend in, adapting to the way others speak, act and behave on new worlds. As such, he had taken a liking to creating ways for ships to sneak in and out of systems. Transponders have a long history of being copied and modified for a ship, with some ships carrying several transponder frequencies that the pilots were able to activate as they chose. The purpose of the Underground IFF is to allow for one transponder to be easily written and re-written, working similar to a modern-day jailbroken smart phone.

After a few raids and interceptions of data from a variety of locations, Coren set up a workshop for members of the Underground to assist with creating new IFFs and splicing the technology. Having flown from one end of the galaxy to another, with partial threads that expired, it is not farfetched for Coren Starchaser to have gathered a few transponders from a variety of targets, including but not limited to the Silver Santcum, Levantine Sanctum, Fringe Federation, Republic, Techno Union and One Sith, as well as pirate or independent frequencies. During the thread, characters were working to break the barriers in the code, as well as merging the IFF signatures into one unit.

Primary Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Transponder_code

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Can you clarify a bit... Random codes? Codes copied from specific ships?
Are you copying IFF codes from from other faction's ships? Where are you getting the codes to begin with?

I like the idea behind this and you've got a solid dev thread supporting the creation of the transponder. What I'm not seeing is how you're getting the IFF codes of various major factions or any chance for opposing factions to prevent this.

So... two options come to mind.

Either multiple 10 post skirmish threads against each major/minor faction that you want to snag IFF codes from (FL from a faction can handwave letting you get/have the codes if they want)...

Or... Ships equipped with this IFF Transponder initially only have their actual IFF, a handful of pirate/corporate IFF's, and maybe one or two IFF's from other ships within their faction. But before the ship can use the IFF's of another faction's ships, therr needs to be roleplayed evidence of that ship/captain obtaining codes in a thread with appropriate opposition.

I can do that for you.
Not trying to nerf this too much. I like what you're trying to do and it's a very grounded concept. I simply need to see the IC side of getting access to such a wide base of information.

For now though... Archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom