Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under the weather

Silas Ward

Mandolorian assassin
Silas was under the weather literally, the overworld of coruscant was drowning in rain and he was stuck on level 1313, a wretched hive of scum and villainy. As far as Silas knew he was in hell. Not firey hell, just a massive gap with city on the roof and the floor. As he walked along the streets all he smelled was waste and death "This place should be the new HQ for Mandalore." Just looking at the underground city was like looking at heaven for bounty hunters, it had endless possibilities for a bounty hunter or assassin.

Roisin had been taking a stroll though the under city of all places. She rather liked it. Liked was a bit strong perhaps, but it allowed her to get from place to place with out to much attention to herself. She was also aware when people went wondering about who didn't belong there.

"You looking to get killed?' Her tone was pleasant enough and she leaned casually on a wall. " Some one is like to do it, and they won't be as pretty as me." She drawled.

Disguised as a freelance mercenary, Daxton easily blended into underground city. After all when one saw him they didn't see a Sith warrior, they just saw another mercenary looking for pay, nothing different than the other hundred thousand who lurked in the shadows.

At the exchange of the pair, he shook his head and thought to himself, get a room you two, before dismissing them from his thought. Daxton was here to learn more about the Jedi. He sought to gain more information about his ancient foes, foes who could prove to be a thorn to his factions plans for this planet.

Called The Last Stand, it was as seedy a bar as one could get in this underbelly of a world. The place was packed with aliens of all shapes and sizes, and the owner had wookies as bouncers. That certainly discouraged fights, although they still did happen on occassion. Heading to the bar, he ordered a shot of Rhodasian Red Eye as he waited for his contact to make his appearance.

Mia hated Coruscant, ever since the day Jaxx hadn’t made it back to the rendezvous she had hated this planet. It made her uneasy, but rumour had it there was a job going, and like it not, she needed work. So she forced herself to meander through the city with her hand resting on her blaster. The deeper she got in to the under city the more uneasy and alert she became. For goodness sake Mia, you’ve been in worse places than this. Get a grip! she thought to herself.

She stood staring at the entrance to the Last Stand, eyeing the wookies on guard. She would have to avoid drinking too much if she was going to survive this night. She raised on eye brow at the exchange behind her and gave the mandalore and woman a disgusted look. “Both of you will die if you keep talking like that.” She muttered, walking away from them and entering the Last Stand. It was just as noisy as any other smugglers bar, though the tension was so high you could cut the air with a knife. As far as Mia was concerned a bar needed fights, the lack of fights made her immensely uncomfortable.

“Whisky.” She said sharply to the bartender, before running a hand through her hair and casting a studious glance around the room.

Checking the new arrival out of the corner of his eye, he ascertained that she looked like she knew how to use that blaster strapped to her hip. Well that wasn't too surprising considering the company in this bar. It was almost a miracle that no one has gotten shot up yet. Signalling for a refill, he continued his silent vigil, the very image of a merc minding his own business.

Silas Ward

Mandolorian assassin
Silas decided to stop flirting (he has a wife) and get a drink from the bar just down the road. On his way there he overheard some people in robes, obviously Jedi, talking about making a stronghold on Rhen var. "…bountiful treasures..." Said one of the Jedi. "Bountiful treasures eh? The Mandolorians could use some resources." With that he ordered a Darkside daiquiri and sat down near @daxton and sipped away on his drink and waited for something to go down.

The bar was getting crowded, and a fight had broken out at one of the corner tables, but the Wookie bouncers ended it quickly. Grabbing the drunk fighters over their shoulders, they carried them outside and heaved them into the rain that was beginning to fall.

"Hehehe some people can't handle their drink." The bartender said as he poured Daxton another refill.

The Sith Apprentice smiled and said, "Smart business to toss them out alive to come back to drink another day." The pair of them laughed at the joke, or what seemed like a joke to the casual ear. The bar keep was an asset, admittedly he wasn't fully aware that he was working for the sith but that was how the game was played in the intelligence business. He had just confirmed that Daxton's contact was on his way but was running a bit late.

Mia twisted the freshly served whisky smiling at the joke between the bar man and the man next to her.
"Some people just like to fight. Drink or no." She sipped her whisky.

"I know I do"

The interest the human female expressed peaked his interest, causing Daxton to raise one eyebrow and look inquisitively in her direction. Somehow she looked familiar. But it was hard to place, after all the sith apprentice most humans had begun to look the same to him. "That might be so, my friend. But I doubt those wookies would approve or let it go beyond a first swing. I don't know about you but I prefer to have my arms not ripped out of their sockets just for kicks. Pour us another round bar keep." Daxton waited for their glasses to be refilled and raised his glass to toast. "To keeping our arms attached to our bodies."

Silas Ward

Mandolorian assassin
"So you don't want me rip your arm off?" Silas chuckled. "You two look like you could use an adventure. And some money. I saw some Jedi talking about a bountiful treasure on Rhen Var. if you find this treasure and take it off the planet and give it to me I'll reward you with an amount of credits unimaginable."

"A job eh? What kind of treasure we talking about? Plus, I would like half the reward up front. You did say were dealing with Jedi and those folk play for keeps." Daxton said as he played up his role as the ever exploitative mercenary to the hilt. But silently his mind was racing. What possibly could these Jedi be after. Whatever it was it was worth going on this mission to foil their plans, perhaps even steal what ever it was so he could study it first.

Mia smiled. Five minutes and already she was being offered a drink and a job.

"I like to know what it is I'm actually collecting before I collect it. The last time I took a job without asking, it cost me more than I earned."

Rhen Var was too far from Mandlaore. Maybe she could swing home before she went hunting.

Daxton nodded, "She's right. What are we looking for? Is it light and portable or would it require heavy lifting? I'd prefer to know what the package is so we know we have what you want for the rest of our pay." Leaning forward to hear more, Daxton allowed just the right amount of interest to mix with greed on his face. After all he didn't want his employer to know what his true motivation for wanting to do the job in the first place.

Silas Ward

Mandolorian assassin
" I don't exactly know, but it has to do with the force if Jedi are looking for it. All that you find you keep, I need as many force crystals as you can find. Okay? Kah-peash?

Time to start haggling for pay, after all what mercenary didn't haggle for their services? "Ten thousand credits up front. That would cover basic expenses, fuel and supplies. Also it is guarantee that the Jedi will never be able to trace the job back to you. Another ten upon delivery of the merchandise. I will give you a secure number where we can reach you once the package is secure. Agreed?"

He was prepared to give the number of one of his cover identities, one of the dozens he kept active at all times. Ironically, he actually made quite a small fortune already from doing bounty, assassination and mercenary work. More than enough to retire should he desire, but Daxton was addicted to the game so that would probably never happen in the near future.

Silas Ward

Mandolorian assassin
Seen as Silas' wife is a former Jedi, she could make sure they wouldn't trace the job to him. " Nine thousand up front, just because I have someone to cover the trace of me giving you the job of interfering with the Jedi."

"Works for me, after all its your head if the Jedi find out. I heard they are very vindictive when people mess with their plans." Pressing several buttons on his datapad, he handed it over to his employer to transfer the initial deposit. The account was for Elias Vander, one of Daxton's mercenary cover identities he used from time to time. He gave every indication that he would discuss the split with his partner when the deal was done.

Silas Ward

Mandolorian assassin
"good. get ready for the time of your life!" silas said as walked out of the bar."and don't forget, time is money." as he exited the bar he planted a tracking device on a suspiccious looking patron and decided it was time to have a talk with his clan. forgetting all the good things he said about level 1313 earlier that day, he took off his helmet and spit on the ground "this place disgusts me." and went on his way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom