Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under the Sea : Ceto

@[member="Alli Wren"] - Ceto , Unnamed Island

Ceto, a breathtaking ocean planet filled to the brim with underwater cities. Located near the very end of the Galaxy, off near wild space, it was perfect for the next adventure. Judah had been breaking into underwater operations as of late. Perhaps it only seemed fitting due to his relationship with a half-Galan. Underwater salvage vehicles had been slowly coming along at the Kesh warehouse. What was left was the mining operations. Judah had big plans in the work to expand his business ventures.

The only problem was securing the equipment. Nearly everyone did surface mining. Yet under the waters surface lay a plethora of resources. Building a large mining vehicle and making it water tight was beyond his resource scope. The salvage vessels were still a major challenge as the sea water corrupting the circuitry after a few dunks. Shaking his head at the thought of the issues KRDS ad at hand, Judah adjusted the collar of his shirt, waiting patiently near a submersible vehicle to give the arriving representative a tour of the site he was set to acquire.

With any luck Baktoid Industries would have a solution for his mining venture.

article-2033410-0DB2DD6F00000578-330_634x853.jpg

Alli had worked overtime coming up with what she already had for the surface but for underwater. It was an interesting challenge but she had been up for it. So Suddenly when large ship with the Baktoid Industrial Systems logo on it had landed Alli decided to walk up to the man. She giggled as she noted his fidgeting. She was dressed in what she was known for a skintight suit. She smiled at him and wondered what solution he would want. Yet she was here at the dock wondering if he wanted her to have the stuff brought out. Or if he wanted her to bring him to it. She had been working on it as the request made her realize she had been shortsighted in her mining operations. Already she had solved some of her own problems, but well each situation was different so really she had to see what he wanted done.

@[member="Alli Wren"]

Waiting patiently for the ramp to descend and representative to show herself, Judah was more than a little surprised. He had never dealt with Baktoid before and was honestly expecting Nemoidians or the like. Striding across the distance, the young salvager smiled and shook the hand of the red haired woman. Time to dispense with the pleasantries and see which way the meeting was to go.

"A pleasure to meet you Miss Wren. I trust you had a quiet journey out this far?"

Looking at the extremely large vessel, Judah inclined his head in its direction.

"With a spaceship that size I can only assume you brought samples. I'd love to see them and hear how you've handled the havoc salt water has been playing on sensitive electronics."

She smiled " You know it isn't easy to get around salt water, but well I did it, I made the casing of wires and everything rather shielded. It will make them harder to repair but shouldn't need repairs as often as many things in the water need. I brought droid miners with built on equipment, I brought vehicles that mine, operated by men or droids, I brought some designs that i haven't built yet but some underwater processing plants that will make it so you don't have to take it out of the water till it is more managable. I like working on a large scale so I sort of went overboard in my estimates of what you might want. I wasn't sure how big an operation we were talking. So if you come on board you can see that its essnetially a mobile show room. She said as the large freight doors opened to tools, for men, and droids, droids, vehicles, and then there were several holoscreens either showing some of the products in action or showing the plans of underwater structures and vehicle bays. She after all didn't know how else to approach the subject and well she might just start mining underwater at this rate. But of course that was neither now or relevant. " So take a look around I hope you find something you like. " She said as she brought him to the first thing, simple handheld mining devices, for the very small scale, and a droid that had them built on.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

@[member="Alli Wren"]

Stepping aboard and looking around, he was presented with a small droid with mining devices. Small, compact. Perfect for small and dangerous areas. It would also greatly reduce live-labor costs, KRDS could manufacture the items on Kesh and have them transported over. Opening a panel, Miss Wren had stayed true to her word. All the components had been fully sealed far better than he could have thought of currently, some type of silicone around the circuits.

"Would you be open to a licensing deal on the droid here? KRDS could produce them and pay you for each droid. As for the undersea operations base. Excellent idea...Ceto already has undersea cities. Construction would be zero to little problem. We would have to find a centralized location to prevent the facility from becoming obsolete...but....I think its is all very doable. You've presented many solutions"

"I can bulid anything you need, and yes, I suppose I would be open for a licensing idea, though I prefer to make it myself, If it becomes profitable I can even build a factory here. I will build anything and everything you want, if the orders are big enough I will just build a factory here, that way you can get delievery faster, and I have another factory to build my toys in. "
She said looking around at it all. She didn't normally prepare so many custom things, but then again undersea mining interested her, and well if this worked she would have her companies do it.

@[member="Alli Wren"]

Having recently contracted MandalMotors for an undersea transport vessel and underwater suits for sentient species, Judah was happy to see Miss Wren having a handle on the droid side of things. Although a factory was not necessary at the moment, as the company expanded operations -- possibly to nearby planets or moons -- such a facility would come in extremely handy. Win-Win for Baktoid and his own corporation.

"Excellent. So far the undersea processing facility/headquarters is a go. Also the first droid you showed me. Excellent for highly dangerous areas." Judah looked the droid over again, pondering how many he needed given the sentient workers and the area to be mined. After a few quick calculations, Judah turned to the woman once more.

"I'm looking at....one hundred and fifty to start with. I'm sure that is doable for a corporation your size." There was a slight pause. "Care to go down and scout out the location of the facility? Might give you a better idea on what to start with in that regard."

@[member="Richard Dives Paedagogus"]

Despite working with Baktoid, Judah wasn't about to throw his lot in with one company. Glancing across the sea as the Baktoid representative disappeared into the vessel, the young salvager spotted the arrival of the engineer he had contracted for assistance in the mining startup. Rumors had swirled the man was a rich playboy who had more credits than he knew what to do with. Judah didn't see it that way.

Crossing the distance on the small island above the proposed mining and building site, Judah outstretched his hand to the man.

"Welcome Mr.Paedagogus. I trust your trip out this far was uneventful? Should be ever since the Protectorate wiped out the lingering Reavers in the area."

Erek'Ard Wagvar

E
Richard had got a message from a man called @[member="Judah Dashiell"]. It looked like he was another rich-type person or something like that. He had asked for Richard's help, but he didn't actually know what he wanted from him. He knew his engineering knowledge will be needed, but that was all he knew. He had to come from Coruscant to Ceto. As a rich person, he didn't drive his own ship. Neither did he take a limousine. He wanted to show out his class and so he took a taxi to fly from Coruscant to this planet. He had actually never been on any other planet than Coruscant, so this trip was also kind of like a tourism trip.

As the taxi landed near the man who had wanted his help, he already saw the man. Of course he did, because they were not too far from each other. Richard stepped out of the taxi, paid his bill and then started moving towards the man. He saw, that the man did the same.

When they finally were close enough and Judah wanted to shake hands, Richard did the same. He took the man's hand and shook it. Then he answered to the man's question: "The trip here was safe and not very much happened. Maybe because I came with a taxi. But since we already know each other's names, then we shall start, right? But first things first... how much are you going to pay me?" Richard Dives Paedagogus was really in love with money.

"Depends on what you can do for me. If this project is a go and you can figure out the details to make it work, then I'm certain your pay will vastly increase. Should the project be scrapped you will be paid your consultation fee and transportation costs."

Seemed fair enough to Judah and was the normal deal in his own personal experience. Shoving his hands in his pockets, Judah looked the man over to try to gauge a reaction. Yet time was truly money in this case. The sooner the mining operations were underway the better.

"So are you in?"

Erek'Ard Wagvar

E
Richard didn't know what to think. He would've liked to get the money before he starts working, but he had to deal with it. Some people just didn't understand his love in money. As an engineer and a scientist, it was pretty likely, that he is able to help the man, but he didn't actually know, why he is needed, like said before.

"Alright... I accept this offer, although I do not like it. So... what do I have to do?" Richard asked from the man.

Stepping towards the undersea transport, Judah motioned for the man to follow as he talked. There was a great deal to get done now that the man had agreed upon the job. Reaching into the undersea transport, he pulled a long piece of flimsy. Mock up drawings and extremely crude blueprints. Clearly everything was in a planning stage. Laying the flimsy flat on the metallic outer hull of the transport it revealed a massive undersea mining complex.

"This would be done in phases. I'm going to need your brain in helping scope this site below us, under the ocean. I want to know if the location will be stable enough for the buildings, the limits I face, challenges with the miners and vehicles. I hear you engineers are good at problem solving and working issues backwards. Another set of eyes is more than helpful with this operation."

Erek'Ard Wagvar

E

Richard listened to the man as they walked. A few ideas came into his mind, but he didn't know if any of them can be used yet. He hadn't seen the area yet. And he didn't know what kind of materials they want to use. So he had to wait with that. He saw the blueprints and analyzed them a bit. It wasn't exactly the easiest thing to create, but he thought if they are successful, it could be a really good thing.

"It sound interesting. I approve it. But... are you going to be the owner of this place? Are you going to boss around the complex when it's done?" he asked from Judah. He then waited a bit before he started talking about a different thing. "This thing is a great idea, but it's a though task for even me, an engineer. I can do it, hopefully, but..."

"Yes I will be the owner. Boss? At start up. Day to day operations will be handled by a manager and foreman once we're underway." Odd question but Judah was more focused on the other issue. Hopefully. Time to put the engineer at ease. The man shouldn't be having second thoughts about a project such as this.

"You have access to crews used to building under water. This is your first trip to Ceto. Its littered with undersea cities. In fact it is where the bulk of the population lives. I already have a builder in mind. We could easily meet with them in order to ease your fears. I understand why you're nervous. Humans aren't used to such a task."

Erek'Ard Wagvar

E

"Hmm... I didn't even care about doing it underwater... I don't fear things when I get a fair pay... or a bit more. But I have never been on Ceto before, so now I became scared... a bit," Richard said. But he didn't look away from the blueprints. He tried to find a single mistake or a weakness in the structure. At the moment, he didn't find any and neither did he have time to look at ti more carefully.

"So... shall we go?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom