Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under the City

Patches

P
Patches paced through the strange environment that was his new room within the Jedi Temple, there was a major difference between that and his previous residence, which had happened to be a Sandcrawler, if you thought about it that wasn't unusual for a Jawa but yet Humans still didn't seem to understand it, in fact the concept of a force sensitive Jawa was considered humorous within many species, but Patches was gonna prove them wrong he was probably the only force sensitive Jawa currently in the temple, but history has proven that it could be done, there had been one other force sensitive Jawa before him, the Jedi Knight Akial.​

Patches was beginning to get bored of walking backwards and forwards, in fact it wasn't very entertaining at all when he thought about it, so he stopped and looked around at the things he had in his room, it was probably very little compared to some of the others, he had only a single bed, spare Jawa robes, then he looked up at his desk where parts of a broken droid lay, he had no idea why he didn't just construct something, he was a Jawa for feth's sake it was in his genes, but his creativity had left him for that moment.​

The boredom had become to much to bear, and he had something else to do anyway, he pushed the door to his room aside as he walked through it in a direct route to the exit/entrance of the academy and as soon as he had left the building a droid approached him and said "What is your business?" Patches simply looked at the droid and said "Utinni" after that a series of random clicks and beeps came from the droid as it processed something "Ah you must be Patches, you are to wait here for your mission partner to arrive, you shall be exploring the Undercity".​

That was all the information the droid gave him? But then another thought struck him, it was probably a test to see how well he worked with people, and he was honestly a little excited, he checked the translator he had brought with him, and made sure it was on before clipping inside his Jawa cloak, it would instantly translate what he said as he said it, it was quite useful actually. After that was done there was nothing to do but play the waiting game, he sat waiting as he pondered what the Undercity is like.​

[member="Verrin Ris'To "]

The world outside of the temple was hectic and fast paced as billions of people went about their days, going to and fro, and simply living their lives, but the Temple was opposite. Despite the numerous Jedi that called it home; it was far more often then naught quiet and peaceful. The occasional laughter of younglings being the only constant, but welcomed, noise that would be considered loud.

Verrin walked through the temple hall ways, his robes skirting around his legs as he tried not to run. He was a little late as he hadn't been told about this mission until just a few minutes ago. It seemed a new arrival was being sent to lower Coruscant on a mission, and the Masters wanted Verrin to accompany him. He hadn't been given much information on the job or the new padawan he would be working with, but he was a little excited. He loved to get out of the temple and explore, even if lower Coruscant didn't hold many works of beauty; it would still be an interesting experience.

Finally making the door, he stepped out taking a moment to shield his eyes as the sun hit it. K'paur like him had extremely sensitive eyes and bright sunlight was incredibly hard on them to the point of it being a health liability. Reaching into his robes, Verrin pulled out dark sunglasses and covered his eyes. The relief was instant, and Verrin closed his eyes for a few seconds before reopening them to make sure his eyes could better adjust to the darker world he was now looking through.

Looking around, he spotted a tiny Jawa, who barely came above his knee, standing next to the entrance droid. Verrin paused to look around some more checking to make sure there wasn't anyone else waiting for him... was it really a Jawa? He paused for a few moments, not sure what to think about it. He had never met a Jawa before and didn't even know they could be Jedi, but... his own kind, the K'paur were extremely rare, and to his knowledge, he was the only Purblood K'paur Jedi... maybe the only one to have ever joined the Order. Perhaps they were kindred spirits because of that.

Verrin approached the Jawa, bowing quickly as a form of greeting, "Greetings, I am Padawan Ris'to, but just call me Verrin. Are you the new Jedi that is going to go to the lower section of Coruscant with me? If so, I wish to apologize for my tardiness, I was just told of this."

[member="Patches"]

Patches

P
Patches had been quite content with waiting, he had never really seen a city as large as Coruscaunt before, he had only ever had access to some of the smaller colonies of Tatooine, the nerves of going out into a city without any prior experience was major, and there were certain things that worried him, especially getting lost in the vast landscape.

When Patches saw someone coming over he was expecting them to pass him by, he was so small it probably wasn't worth the time to talk to him, but he was wrong the boy said "Greetings, I am Padawan Ris'to, but just call me Verrin. Are you the new Jedi that is going to go to the lower section of Coruscant with me? If so, I wish to apologize for my tardiness, I was just told of this" this Verrin was probably the person who he was supposed to do this mission with, so Patches made sure his translator was working before beginning to speak.

"Utinni, I am Padawan Patches, at least you can call me Patches, no human or near-human could pronounce my real name. And yes I am the Padawan you are going into the lower levels of Coruscaunt with, and your tardiness is not a problem, patience is a virtue of the Jedi" that was probably a weird greeting but he had no experience with talking to human like species, there was only one thing bugging his mind "what exactly do we do now?" the translator beeped and whirled as it adapted to the Jawaese accent.

@Verrin Ris'To

"Utinni, I am Padawan Patches, at least you can call me Patches, no human or near-human could pronounce my real name. And yes I am the Padawan you are going into the lower levels of Coruscaunt with, and your tardiness is not a problem, patience is a virtue of the Jedi," Verrin nodded, showing he understood. Patches was an odd name, but Verrin, himself, had also chosen his own name and no longer used the name he was born with, so he could understand that. He felt a little more relaxed that the Jawa seemed to be as nervous as he did about this whole thing.

"what exactly do we do now?" Verrin blinked, before he made the connection, this Jawa had never been to Coruscant before. Verrin had lived almost his entire life on the planet, so he wasn't sure how much of a cultural shock it would be to come here. He hadn't even heard of Tatooine until today when he was told the Jawa was from it.

Verrin motioned at the steps, "There should be speeders that we can take to the lower levels. Did they tell you what we were going to go do?" He asked as he started to walk down the steps, his robes swishing around his legs. He kept his steps short and slow so as to not out-pace the smaller Jedi or force him to run, "Did they tell you what we were going down there for?" A thief? Murderer? Gang the council wanted broken up? Investigation?

[member="Patches"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom