Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Uncertain Future

A cold bead of sweat trickled down the umber skin of Djonas Vile has he moved debris from his path. The crumbled ruins of Bittie Land surrounded him as he looked upon the devastation that was wrought by the Confederacy's war. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he shook his head. So much work and money had gone to waste. So many lives lost. He could not protect them all. Though, he knew that going into the war. He would not forget those who fell. And, in their name, he would rebuild. One brick at a time, he would rebuild.

His injury had kept him bedridden on the Amidala's Lament for some years. No contact with any on the outside. Not even his love, Ryssa Yvarro Ryssa Yvarro , had heard from him since Naboo fell. His arms now rested in braces. He still was able to move them, however, not without some pain. The painkillers helped somewhat, but not enough. The pain reminded him of his failure. How he was not strong enough. He would be better. He had to. He had a family now. His own blood he had to protect. Someone besides his sister, that is. He wanted to meet him, but too much was going on. He had to be grown by now, he thought. Ryssa had sent him pictures of them and they've talked a few times before, but never in person. So many thoughts and regrets ran through his mind. What had he missed? Ryssa couldn't have told him everything. Maybe she did. He didn't know for sure. It troubled him a bit.

He had to stop thinking about that. His focus would have to be on the now or else he'd get lost in his thoughts and would get nothing done.

3X2Ao8U.png
It had been a long time since Ryssa and Djonas truly made time for each other. After a certain point in time she nearly gave up hope of ever really being able to see him again. Between running Primo Victoria and bailing one family member or another out of trouble, then having children so late in life. The executive wasn't entirely sure that such a thing as love could be rekindled. In the years after the Confederacy's fall, there had been a lot to pick up. The Galactic Alliance couldn't be everywhere, although they certainly do try. The Rimward Trade League while no longer in its infancy was anchored to a specific part of the Outer Rim. It meant corporate entities were doing more than shoving elbows into each other's sides for money and space.
Ryssa on her part was quite nervous about meeting Djonas again. She wanted to tell him more about their son, and yet she didn't because she felt that her son should have time with his father. Those days would have to wait, Tahraqos was out playing about in the Trade League's backyard. For now, Ryssa had come all the way from Dosuun to see the only man she could ever consider her love. She took a deep breath and exhaled hard, even as the airship lock sounded, Ryssa felt her palms grow colder. She felt, heard, her own heart beating slowly in her chest. A pang of regret in her chest, Djonas had not truly been able to hold her. He wasn't there when she carried their son. Yet, memories from their nights together still played in her mind.
As she stepped forward and crossed the threshold, their years together replayed. The small moments together the memories alone left a smile on her face. The team aboard Amidala's Lament led her through to him. Ryssa thanked the team and listened to a doctor who spoke to her briefly about Djonas Vile Djonas Vile and the injuries he had sustained. Years of politicking had come forward as she kept her bearings amidst the doctor's briefing. When the doctor stepped away, Ryssa prepared herself for what she might see. Mentally she knew what she could see would perhaps shock her. Yet, the Dosuunian knew that she would have to confront it all. Mere steps away from her was the man she loved, still, was in love with, admittedly.
Without another wasted breath, the executive took a step forward and as the door opened she found herself presented with Djonas. Djonas in a state she had never seen in him, and whatever mental fortitude she had thought to give herself. Melted, and all she could manage as the emotions were caught in her throat, "Djonas, darling?" She wondered if would recognize her voice, her mind knew that he would and yet her heart still had the audacity to question it. Dressed in Naboo blue, she moved to his side. One hand rested on his bed and the other hesitated, unsure if her touch would even be welcomed.

Djonas averted his eyes from the viewport towards a sight that was bordering ethereal. The chills he felt as her voice graced his ears would send shivers down the spine of the Sith Emperor. He locked his eyes onto hers then a flood of memories came to him. The pain had washed away in almost an instant. He kept his smile hidden, despite being happy to see his love, Ryssa Yvarro Ryssa Yvarro .

"Ryssa. Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" he jested warmly. "What are you doing here?"

He dreaded her seeing him in the state he was in. It made him look weak. Though, he knew she'd deny seeing him in such a way, it didn't change how he felt laying before her. Without hesitation, he moved one of his hands on top of hers that lied on his bed, gently stroking her knuckles with his thumb.

How was it so easy? Did he always make it this easy? Djonas' moved his hand on top of hers and she squeezed his hand, gently, in return. Ryssa wondered whilst unable to disguise the smile she wore on her face. "You'll know that I just happened about the area," blandly Ryssa told him in what was a blatant lie and he'd so easily pick it out. It was all she could do at that moment as she looked and pulled a chair toward the bed. Perhaps the only time her hand left his that day. She knew from what the doctors told her that he'd be up and walking about soon enough. His injuries were mostly healed of which Ryssa was thankful.

"I came to see you," she offered and while that was true, it did beg the question why did she choose now of all the times. Ryssa Yvarro could go just about anywhere in the galaxy. Spend time with just about whoever she wanted, in truth she found herself preoccupied with work - something that Djonas had known about before they even truly became them. "I heard about... well," she gestured around them, "after the Confederacy's demise." Ryssa gently squeezed his hand again, mostly as a reassurance that he was actually still there. Ryssa took a deep breath and had out with it, "I thought I should talk to you before Raq made his way here."

There it was.

Their son would undoubtedly make his way across the stars to confront his father. Ryssa wanted to get there first, and so she had.

Djonas grabbed a remote at his side and pressed a button on it's face. The top half of his bed would rise up, offering him support. He'd let out a slight groan of pain before smiling at his beloved. "And here I was thinking you'd be here on business." he chuckled. He knew how much she dedicated her entire being towards her work. Whatever time she did have outside of that, he managed to occupy when he was between missions himself.

"How is he? My son. I hope he is not angry with me. If he is, I can understand why." In truth, Djonas had not been too much of a father. Not as much as he desired to be. He knew he could not change the past, though. He could only be better for the future. One look into Ryssa's eyes brought him back to the present. "How are you? You look as stunning as the day we met, my Ryssa."

Ryssa smiled a little as Djonas mentioned her being on business, "well." Began the Galidraani as she relaxed in her seat, "business of a different sort, I imagine." She offered him a reassuring wink at that moment. The brunette shifted her weight in her chair whilst Djonas had his bed raised up. They were both always so busy with their own work, she imagined that always made their time together all the sweeter. Then, her beloved had to go and ruin the moment by asking about Raq. Of course, he had every right to ask, but Ryssa was hoping it could wait just a moment longer.

"Absconded somewhere within the Rimward Trade League, pretending to be a smuggler of one sort or another," even though he didn't have to do anything of the sort. "When I told him to explore the galaxy with limited funding and not his entire trust fund he seemed to take it as a challenge." Which didn't answer Djonas' question directly so she decided to just get on with it, "Angry is a word, I'm not sure that that particular word is what Raq feels, lost perhaps might be a better one."

After she had given her answer to the man in front of her, he dared to look at her so lovingly. Ryssa's breath escaped her for a moment and then she answered him warmly, "Flattery will get you everywhere, dear sir." Then, "tired mostly, but I am otherwise doing well." Although she wasn't sure if that was the answer he was really looking for. "Tell me, what are your plans, after..." Ryssa gestured to the bed he was in.

Djonas was relieved to hear that his Raq had found purpose in the galaxy, even considering the potential dangers of smuggling. It could be worse. Could always be worse. "He will find his way. He is his mother's son, after all." Djonas shined a reassuring smile, aiming to comfort Ryssa. He kept his movement minimal so that he may allow the healing process to work seamlessly.

"Flattery has gotten me right where I need to be: with you. I am glad to hear you're alright. Plus, you do some of your best work when you're tired so that's not surprising. One of the reason's I fell in love with you was your work ethic, after all. You let nothing stand in your way of what you want. Especially, not a good night's rest. I think Raq being alive is a testament." Djonas would give her a wink back after his suggestive comment.

He had not really had much thought on his plans after he was off of bed rest. He considered his options before, but never really went into detail about what he wanted. "I don't know. I think I'm done fighting, yet somehow I feel like the fight isn't done with me. I always find myself in trouble one way or another. You know how it is. Well, maybe not. You get what I mean."

"Then that is what I'm afraid of," in reference to Djonas' remark on Raq. Raq being too much like Ryssa scared her immensely. He would be all the parts of Ryssa that she never quite expressed as she grew up. As she came of age she quickly learned to rein herself in and to work. Work was all she really knew and cared for at least until Djonas happened into her life. The Galidraani returned Djonas' reassuring smile with that of her own and smirked when he went on about flattery.

She chuckled lightly, "So it appears." Ryssa had arrived at his side so Djonas had been right about that. Playfully she rolled her eyes as he went on about her having done her best work when she was tired. Tired and running on fumes, Ryssa would have added but listened to her beloved as he spoke. "That is correct, a lack of sleep could never be an excuse for not doing one's work well." There were stimulants, caffs, teas, and all sorts of things to keep one awake. Motivation to keep to the task had to come from within, however. Her work ethic, her work had been her life, but Ryssa was glad that someone appreciated it. "Well, I wasn't the only one who committed themselves to the job."

"Seeing someone else be as committed to their work as I had been was one of the reasons why, I fell in love with you," and with that, Ryssa leaned over and 'rewarded' Djonas with a soft kiss. "Raq's being alive is more a testament to my patience than work ethic." Quipped Ryssa in a dry tone, it was no less true but her work ethic had ... well, little to do with it. More her patience, "I see what you're getting at." She caught the intent behind his words the wink simply confirmed it for her.

Djonas spoke about the fight, and so she listened. He tripped over his words but Ryssa caught his meaning or at least intent, once more. "You're not quite ready for retirement so to speak. A new venture in mind, or perhaps a longing for adventure, one last hurrah?"

Djonas appreciated the kiss from Ryssa more than he could express. "It's been a while since I've felt those lips. Each time better than the last." The Thyrsian missed these moments. "You've become a mother any would be lucky to have. And a lover unlike any other. Whether you want to admit it or not, Ryssa." he assured her.

"It's not that I want to get into these situations, Ryssa. I just find myself in them. Maybe, one day I'll be free of it, but as long as I have the power I do, I'll use it to defend the weak. And the ones I love." He'd reach his hand up to her face and caress her cheek as he looked her in her hypnotizing brown eyes. "Although, I have some ventures in mind. Places I wanna see, things I wanna do. You know. The old bucket list."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom