Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Un-Common Strategy

Doyle

D
Oh it was easy, really. There was a Plan A, a Plan B, and even a Plan C should any of the first two plans fall apart during their process. Einon was most often a silent man that kept to himself. It worked well for his former position as Head of Security at the Royal Palace on Commenor. He spoke to those he needed to, when he needed to. And there was nothing in between. Sure you might find him at the bars drinking away, but he wasn't quite the social butterfly.

On purpose.

A couple of months had passed since the Occupation by Sith Imperial forces had begun. The entire planet almost seemed to be in lockdown. But only for some. The Sith tended to look for the usual suspects that moved to and fro from the planet; such as suspected Jedi, Rebels and the like. But Einon stayed home. Some of those loyal to [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Lady Kay"] had escaped, yet he remained. The Queen was still his charge in some respects. But so too were the people.

Did he blame himself for the Occupation? No. He blamed the Queen for that. Trouble tended to be attracted to her like a magnet and this magnet was nearly the size to crush her. Were it not for others helping, she probably would be crushed.

Just like the last time...

In broad daylight (cause night time would be suspicious with a curfew going on), Einon walked along one of the streets of Chasin City with a heavy backpack slung over his shoulders. Plan A had already begun. He got the tip off a week prior. So as he walked by Imperial troops, he didn't really pay them any mind. A casual nod here and there, but that was about it. He knew they'd be watching. That much was a given. Everyone was a suspect with whispers of rebellions being heard everywhere.

In this case those whispers were true.

It was the first time that Veiere had been planet-side since the Siege of Chasin City, and the destruction of Munto City killing eight million good innocent lives. The former Sith Lord, [member="Krest"] had played his hand and in a final act as a member of the Sith Empire, he had secured a means of telepathic communication between Veiere and his wife [member="Lady Kay"] Arenais, then going further to secure a route to the surface of Commenor where his influence could no longer benefit them and from that moment on, both Veiere and Krest stood on equal footing as enemies of the Dark Lord, wanted fugitives on Commenor under execution order by the authority of the new Sith Overlords, but most significantly members of the Commenori Resistance and freedom fighters whom had recently linked up with others from the Rebel Alliance and their many sporadic sects dotted across the Galactic Map.

They hadn't come by force however, they had numbers though not nearly enough Starships with the power yet to dismantle the fleet orbiting the trade world. Many small operations had been taken to secure footholds in the non-populated zones, Illaria Forest to the West of the Capital City for example where the Order of the Commenori Knights still stood unhindered due to the secrecy of it's location. There were Force Users there, those whom Veiere had originally trained and taught how to keep themselves safe, how to survive in the woods cut off from the Cities, with no record within the Government of Commenor regarding their location nor their existence save for the knowledge that he and his wife shared. The Force Praxeum had been an obvious asset that Veiere had prioritized since their discrete return, ensuring that they could cover their tracks while too moving to meet with some friendly faces, all the while the King of Commenor flanked by his Sovereign-Guard, an unfortunate necessity thanks to the Sith and their Mandalorian Puppets, specifically that of Koda Fett whom had proven time and time again, his worth in combat.

Kay had mentioned that [member="Einon"] held his Wedding Ring safe for his eventual return; not only was it a strengthened means to connect and communicate with his wife through their Force Bond, but so too did it further empower Veiere's ability to wield the Force and defend himself against the afflictions of darkness for which he had been subdued by before. Darth Carnifex was as formidable as they came where deadly opponents were concerned, he was not one to underestimate and Veiere knew that this war the Dark Lord had started between them, would be one that would wage on for years beyond the borders of Commenor if they could only secure it first from the Sith and then move to combat them in their own territory. As the rightful King of Commenor and the face of the Trade World's rebellion against the Sith Empire's position there, Veiere could not afford to be brought to kneel a second time. Were that to happen, Carnifex would not be nearly so relaxed in conversing with the Jedi but rather he be killed on sight for all that he represented, today.

Somewhere out there, somewhere on Commenor Einon was making moves of his own. Veiere had sent several members of the resistance in order to search for and request that he join the King and help further their cause. For the time being, they had but to wait and continue preparing themselves for the possibility that they might eventually be discovered. Always alert and forever needing to be on the move, one step ahead of the new Commenor Imperium regime, Veiere could only hope that atleast one of his people were successful in finding and relaying his message to the former Advisor to the Queen.

Doyle

D
Einon continued his casual pace, despite the heavy pack. Any curious onlookers would just see bits of metal and piping, looking very much like he was just gathering scraps. In some sense of the word, it was true. But only partially.

The economy of Commenor had slipped downward a bit since the Occupation began. All due in part to governments and companies that pulled out of their deals and contracts after the Sith took over. Commenor had lost it's neutrality once the treaty was signed, so they wanted no part in it. Now some people did what they could to sustain their previous level of income. And that included selling what they could. There was no telling what the future would bring. So saving their credits for an emergency fund was a good idea. And that's what it looked like Einon was doing.

As he neared the city limits, a man approached him. Einon eyed him suspiciously, but then realised that he was another Commenori. "Hey. Been looking for you. There's someone that wants to see you."

"I know. I was just on my way with these scraps. Was hoping to grab an ale first."

"Later. He wants to see you now."

"Fine. Lead the way."

Einon didn't quite know who the man was talking about. He just decided that playing along was the best option. It wasn't until a half hour later that they were in the Illarian Woods that he understood. The Praxeum loomed just ahead of them and although it looked empty from the outside, the feeling in his gut told him it was much different on the inside.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Awaiting Einon's arrival, Veiere sat alone within one of the meditation chambers of the peaceful Temple where the man would be guided to him. The Knights of Commenor had once been a means of fulfilling his duty to the Force and to the people of Commenor without committing to the Jedi Order itself, as Veiere had lost faith in the Jedi at the time. It had been a fault of his own, of course; being stuck on what was right and wrong with the Jedi of the Galaxy where as he should have been wiser, looked to the Force for guidance and let others live their own lives. Hindsight was often came with a mix of emotions, yet he could gladly say that he had learned from his experiences, even though his struggles had really only just begun.

He loved his world, his people, despite having found himself twisted up during the Deneba incident. It was an act that he would never forget, nor live to make up for yet Commenor itself was never meant to become involved. The Dark Jedi of Rannon brought violence to his own home-world in order to secure his freedom, something he had warned his wife about in the hope that he were wrong, yet it happened all the same. His mistakes had cost him greatly, though it did not distract from the pride that he held in the fact that he and [member="Lady Kay"] had started this movement and the growth of Commenor into becoming the Systems Alliance from day one of leaving a fallen Republic. Those days were so long ago, they seemed like another life, simpler times spent roaming the Galaxy together aboard the 'Free Lady'.

"My Lord..." one of his Men sought his attention from the entrance. They were instructed to inform him when Einon had arrived and so Veiere nodded and gestured with a wave of his hand to have [member="Einon"] join him in the room. "You may leave us" Veiere soon advised as their guest was brought in and soon they were given the privacy to speak in confidence with one another. Standing to his feet, Veiere moved to approach Einon and extended his hand in greeting, "It's been a long time Einon...-How are you doing?".

Doyle

D
Einon was soon led inside the Praxeum, his eyes darting around for some signs of a trap. Yet there weren't any. The feeling of the place wasn't as different as the rest of the planet felt. That was entirely strange. But it was good in a way, as well.

He followed the messenger to the room where [member="Veiere Arenais"] sat. It had been some time since he had seen the Exiled King. Previous orders were to have the man arrested on sight. But things were different now.

He dropped his pack to the floor, the metals inside clunking against eachother once privacy was given. Veiere still had that air of authority around him. Good. He'd probably need it right now.

Einon took hold of Veiere's hand as he approached, giving it a hearty shake. "As well as can be expected. I was rotting in a cell for a time before the Queen brokered my release. She figured I'd see you at some point, so she gave me a message. I've got a few things to return to you, but they aren't on me.
We have to make a little journey. Have you got one of those cloaking devices handy?"
He had one just in case. The King's face might bring hope to some, yet there were others that would love to see his head removed.

"I'm sorry for all you've been put through, [member="Einon"]. You've been nothing but loyal to us...-Should you wish it, I can have passage arranged that can take you away from all of this trouble" Veiere spoke out of genuine care for the younger man, they had a history just as so, the [member="Lady Kay"]. "As for a stealth field generator, no I didn't bring one with me..." He soon replied to the man's question, only after giving his condolences. Truth be told, Veiere had never needed to rely on such things when instead he could wield the power of the Force. "I don't expect that I'll be needing one however, I should be able to conceal myself from the Sith Empire's soldiers without too much trouble. A lifetime spent in the Jedi Order does have it's merits after all..." He offered a slim smile though it did not distract from the grim circumstance they were meeting under.

Rising to his feet, the pair of them were to make tracks it seemed. Unfortunate for Einon whom had only just arrived though no doubt he felt more comfortable outside of such places. "Remain with the people here. When it is time for us to return to the Resolute, I will send word" Veiere informed his personal Guard on their way out. Following Einon back out into the open air, he felt the need to explain himself. "I cannot stay on the surface for long, I'm bound to attract too much attention before we're ready to take on such a burden. I do however intend to smuggle my people in under the guise of merchant ships and the like. The Queen knows that we are still close to Commenor and I have no intention of leaving this place to the Dark Lord's oppression...".

Doyle

D
Einon put his hand up the moment that [member="Veiere Arenais"] offered to have him leave Commenor. "I'm needed here. Can't leave everyone on their own. I have to make sure that as many stay out of trouble as possible."

As Veiere spoke with his guards, Einon dug through his backpack, fishing all the way to the bottom before he pulled out his cloaking device and attached it to his wrist. He then followed the King out of the Praxeum, leaving the pack behind.

"I wouldn't of advised you staying for long either. It's too risky. The occupiers seem to take joy in punishing others for someone elses' mistakes. All meant to lower morale and break the spirit. But...lives are still pretty much normal, martial law and Big Brother aside."

Once they drew clearer of the forest, Einon inclined his head towards the Eldritch mountains. "Where I'm about to take you is a sacred place. It's the home of the Elders. Only a few people alive know of it's whereabouts.
You're about to be the fourth. We must walk as it attracts less attention. And there are tunnels. Kay has given me clearance to not only show you, but to have it used as a sanctuary as well, should the others be compromised or destroyed."
Hopefully it would never come to that.

[member="Lady Kay"] had rarely spoken of the Elders, let alone mentioned their possessions or place of living. Truth be told, Veiere hadn't wanted to ask about such things as it'd mean bringing the past back into their lives with which the answers he knew would only bring them both pain and sadness. They had been the true leaders of Commenor, the council to the former President before his Wife had been lured to the Dark Side of the Force and forced about the change to the present Monarchy System that Veiere shared today. They had been darker times where Kay, Veiere had to believe, had not been thinking or acting as her true self. Lost and misguided under her would-be Master, the Sith Lord Prazutis and the Uncle to Darth Carnifex.

"Commenor is a large place and the people are angry; We've been doing what we can to supply several civilian towns who have agreed to join the fight but the majority of the Resistance is aboard the Rebel Fleet. When everything does come to a head, I hope I can count on you to reach Kay and get her to safety".

Unfortunately, Veiere understood all too well these days, just how twisted and lost you could become under the influence of the Dark Side. Kay had killed the Elders and covered it up with reports of natural causes, sickness of the heart; yet Veiere had found resentment and insult in the past failings of the Jedi Order, led an assault against the Enclave of Deneba and the people who had once looked to him for Guidance. People like to say that you cannot measure one persons sins to another, but for the death of so many Jedi, the King of Commenor would forever live in the shadow of this guilt and such was why he no longer lived within any structure or Hierarchy of Jedi today.

"Every hour I'm down here is a threat to our People...-Walking suits me fine" he replied as they began to move off. It was good to have [member="Einon"] around again, he had always been reliable and in times like these, Veiere needed all the good people he could get. Somewhere in the Palace Grounds, Kay was alone and without allies to encourage her. Veiere quietly hoped that she was able to keep true to her resolve, that she still believed they could overcome all that had befallen their House and their World.

Doyle

D
"I've got some tricks up my sleeves, with some help from others. The occupiers won't know what's coming. Given our lower numbers, the element of surprise is our greatest ally."

As the exited the Praxeum, Einon activated his cloaking device, causing him to disappear from view. But he'd use his voice to guide [member="Veiere Arenais"] along. "It'll be about an hour's journey from here. The first half is out in the open. We're headed towards the Eldritch Mountains, not far from your Estate, actually."

He kept mindful as he walked, keeping in mind that although Veiere couldn't see him, he could probably sense him with his Force powers. Still, he didn't want to be stepped on.

"Kay made it clear to me that she doesn't want me at the Palace. Myself and the other security personnel had our lives bartered with. She saved us from execution.
I'm sure that she has other means of getting out of there when the rebelions begin. So try not to worry."
He had far too much to manage here on the ground anyways.

"Fortunately, such times are often best sellers in the media..." Veiere remarked rather pessimistically as they left the cover of the tree's and he called upon the power of the Force to diminish his presence as much as was made possible in his abilities and training. Like [member="Einon"], he had no wish to be caught off-guard by agents of the Dark Lord of the Sith. "We've had our eyes and ears out for any news coming out of Commenor, and the Sith can hardly make such bold moves so close to the Core without the holo-net having a field day over it. From what I'd gathered, Kay's former employees and members of staff were executed...I'm glad to hear that there's still some of the former Government left alive out there...-Wherever they are".

His wife was obviously trying to protect Einon. [member="Lady Kay"] had always appreciated his friendship and professional courtesies, though both of the men had changed a great deal since long ago when they had first met one another. Today, they appeared far older and ravaged by the stress and grief of war over Commenor and her surrounding world's. "The New Republic and the Silver Jedi Order have given us their support, they're also working to bring aid to the former world's of the Systems Alliance...-But on the Surface, at-least until we can take care of the Sith Fleet, there's not a lot I can do without alerting the bulk of their military. Were they to discover I was here, no doubt they'd call for my immediate execution...".

Doyle

D
"Some were executed, but not all. The Palace staff that saw to the cleaning, cooking and upkeep were left alone. No Sith would want to be stuck doing laundry duty." A smirk came to Einon's lips that was heard rather than seen.

He continued the walk silently for a while, listening and watching the environment around them as they walked through the valley. They couldn't be too careful. There was no such thing during these tense times.

After another moment, he spoke up again. "Hang a bit to your left. The hidden entrance is that way. And as for information on Commenor, the Sith kept that under tight control. It's very difficult to get out a safe signal to reach anyone. But I found some help through other means..." Bars were wonderful things!

More silence as they came upon an outcropping of rock at the base of the mountain surrounded by some bushes. Einon lifted a panel that appeared to be nothing but a rock and punched in the access code. The grinding of stone was heard as a large boulder moved and revealed an opening. He turned off his cloaking device and turned to [member="Veiere Arenais"] . "This way." A split second later, he entered the tunnel.

"An old acquaintance of Kay's reached out to me some time ago" Veiere replied, something that he felt ought to be expressed to [member="Einon"] for whom seemed to be more in league with events on the ground than Veiere was himself; "Former Sith Lord by the name of [member="Krest"]. Apparently he's turned away from the Empire, but before doing so, managed to have someone contact and deliver a curious little artifact to her" he soon reached into his pocket and revealed the smooth stone, by all means it looked completely typical of a stone save for it's polished outer shell, yet the Force flowed within and it had given the King and Queen means for reaching one another through their Force Bond, where Veiere had been without his Wedding Ring.

"She told me to find a way to get in touch with you, that you could return some of my belongings to me that were taken before the Siege, most importantly my Wedding Ring...", Veiere had been taken into captivity more than once lately, though before the Sith had gotten their hands on him, he had been brought to Kay through the actions of [member="Koda Fett"], the Bounty Hunter who had promised to catch up with him some time again to finish the job that the Dark Lord of the Sith, Carnifex had given him.

Veiere turned briefly, adjusting their path in line with Einon's request and guidance. He did not pay much attention to their surroundings, not by sight in any case, for the Force he trusted, would reveal anything in the way of a threat to them, well before they could be taken off-guard. Though it never hurt to keep one's senses honed just to be certain. "I need a Lightsaber, a specific one that I kept safe guarded. My last two were lost to [member="Alkor Centaris"], but I've kept another out of sight due to...Personal reasons. I'm going to need it in the fight to come...".

Doyle

D
"Turned away from the Empire, did he? I'd be careful about that. It's hard to place trust in people these days. Look at what happened during the siege. That'll tell you all you need." There weren't a lot of Force Users that Einon trusted. Only a small handful. In fact, you could probably count them all on one hand.

He listened to [member="Veiere Arenais"] while he spoke of the items that he was missing. He smirked a little as he walked on ahead, the tunnel lighting up from the motion sensors within. And with each section that they passed through, the lights would turn off again. As usual, the tunnel network was a maze, one that baffled the mind with the lights.

Finally they approach what looked like a dead end. Einon lifted a hidden panel and placed his palm onto it. More grinding of stone was heard as a hidden doorway opened. He gestured for Veiere to follow and then stepped in after him.

A large hall was what greeted them. Old, dusty and empty. On the dais were three stone thrones. "Welcome to the home of the Elders. Well, their throne room, anyways. It might seem secluded and isolated, but they have a room that they spent a lot of their time in, tapped into many cameras throughout Commenor and most especially Chasin City and the Palace. Not all of their knowledge came from their access to the Force." He led the King to the thrones and took him up to the one on the right. Removing a dagger from his boot, he knelt down behind the Elder's chair and fit the edge of the dagger into the crack of a stone tile. Using the blade for leverage, he lifted it up and moved the stone tile aside. Then he got to his feet and stepped back. "Kay his plenty of things in there.
Your robes, your crown, your wedding rings, and a lightsaber."
What Veiere would also find at the very bottom would be his holocron. Though the memory of him creating one was removed from his mind by [member="Darth Abyss"] .

Veiere hadn't been aware that the Elder's had been Force Users, his noticeable shift in expression would tell [member="Einon"] that much as he turned to look to the younger of the two upon his revealing this. He didn't know how to take the news in truth, they would have felt Kay's turn before their end had come and if she had known, then that would only have encouraged her to see them as a risk. The truth had often crossed his mind when thinking upon the three, yet forever wishing to put the past behind him along with the prospective Sith that his wife had meant to be, had always been more favorable on their relationship and struggles towards a future of integrity over Commenor.

Watching then as Einon began to pry open the large stone tile, Veiere smiled to himself as his former belongings came into view. [member="Lady Kay"] had done splendidly, storing such valuable possessions in a place so far from the knowledge of others; how she had anticipated such a need, he quietly thanked her still. Wrapped there in a dark purple cloth was the Lightsaber of Caehl Ren, Veiere's first Student in the Force turned slave to the First Order's Knights of Ren; the Dark Side of the Force flowed around the weapon with a strength that Veiere was not yet ready to resist whilst simultaneously wielding it in combat. He could not risk losing himself to that darkness ever again.

Folded carefully and placed further back in the recess, Veiere found his former Robes he wore as Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. Pulling them out to get a better study over the attire, they brought both a smile and yet a deep sense of pain and regret. As a Jedi fallen from grace, he had been the cause of the Enclave's final days, as much so as he had been responsible for it's creation so long ago. Veiere's struggles over his past continued to haunt him, a constant reminder of how a Jedi must always be attentive to his own needs, mindful of his own limits as much so as the needs of others in the Galaxy...

The Promissium Annulos lifted from the other objects, carried to Veiere by his will and telepathic ability that the ring would slide back against his finger and immediately trigger a shift in the flow of the Force around him, the light strengthening his presence and awakening his senses so much more than they had been in quite some time. His Wife remained some distance away and yet as their Force Bond strengthened, he suddenly felt as if she stood there by his very side. Veiere had to glance to his left just to make sure that what he was feeling wasn't truly within the underground cavern with him, for their power and feelings were connected on such an intimate level, blessed by the living Force.

Finally, he noticed the Holocron. Instantly, he could tell that it was his own, it carried his very Aura within it's creation and yet he held no recollection of ever having crafted one. This confused him greatly, his brows knitting together as he stared down at the hexagonal sphere and reluctantly reached out with the same hand to gently guide it up and into the grasp of his open palm, fingers taking hold of it and turning it skyward that he might better study the artifact. "What did she tell you of this?..." Veiere asked Einon thoughtfully, curious to know whether or not his wife had disclosed the history to her most trusted agent of the former Systems Alliance.

Doyle

D
As [member="Veiere Arenais"] gave him that puzzled look as he revealed a secret about the Elders, Einon merely raised his brows and shrugged his shoulders. How else had the Elders lived for centuries? That wasn't natural, afterall. Whether or not such information was helpful to the King or not, he didn't know.

The air seemed to change a bit as Veiere slipped on his wedding ring. It was calmer and maybe even more hopeful. Or perhaps the spirits of the Elders were watching them and they approved. Either way, it gave Einon some encouragement.

He turned his attention back to Veiere as he questioned the holocron. "To keep it safe from you for a time. But now that you're on our side again, you can have it back.
It's not broken, is it?"
From the way that the King held it, he was sure that there were cracks to be found or something.

The Holocron began to glow, not only to Veiere's eyes but so too in [member="Einon"]'s as the King of Commenor focused his spiritual energy within the Force, activating the device. From Einon's perspective, all he would see was the light and feel the warmth radiating from Veiere, though to the former Jedi Master, his vision would be taken up in the memories and knowledge that he sought to understand; why did he not recall the creation of something so personal and so powerful in the Force.

Seconds passed in present time, yet the vision carried his mind across numerous pivotal moments and experiences of his past. The first, recalling the confrontation with Darth Abyss during Kay's would-be rescue, the first time that Veiere had crossed [member="Koda Fett"], if only in passing before having to deal with the rogue Sith Lord whom had requested only information in exchange for Kay's freedom. The images flashing before his eyes were quick, the information being restored to his memory was immensely tiring and his breathing shallowed as the scene turned to a time before, where he had asked [member="Lady Kay"] to keep the Holocron safe.

As it turned out, that was a wise move, considering Veiere's eventual turn. Had the device been offered to another in carelessness, Veiere would have forever regretted it. "It's not broken, no..." He spoke up as the memories faded. He would need to study the Holocron in better detail, though as of the moment, he felt it best to keep focused on Commenor. Such an artifact, imbued with such a presence of the Force, ought not to be used frivolously where they were trying to maintain their secrecy.

"Thank you Einon...-You've done me a great service, today".

Doyle

D
Einon watched as the holocron glowed before him. Well, that showed that it wasn't broken. Unless of course [member="Veiere Arenais"] was merely mending it. The knowledge of such things was far beyond him. He was no Force User, never had been. He never studied it, never felt the need. It'd only complicate his job. He preferred his reactions to be natural and instinctive, rather than be hesitant due to pondering all of the different scenarios.

Finally everything appeared to be back to normal. The light had faded and there was a certain glint in the eyes of the King that he hadn't seen for quite some time. "You're welcome. Just doing what was asked of me." Sure he could have just been brushing off the compliment, but Einon had other things on his mind. "We should head back. We can't linger long and chance having this sacred place discovered by the enemy. I trust that you'll keep it's location a secret? Even though I had said that the Queen gave permission for it to be used as a secret base of operations, I'd rather that be as a last resort..." He had his own personal reasons for that. This was the home of the Elders. It was sacred and needed to be preserved as it was, and as it should be. For all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom